Fighter|PMC Wizard|Eternal Seeker (PEACH)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Please help me make this guy better. Basically as a fighter, he marks all enemies with his attacks, which are almost all wizard. Because of Hell's burning mark, and Consume the weak, each enemy he hits also takes ongoing damage. I want my enemies to make saves, so that they take more damage, since I can just reapply ongoing with the next attack. I am also using an exsiccating dagger as a "weapliment", which means that all damage done is always fire and necrotic.

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
fighter-pmc-wizard, level 30
Tiefling, Fighter (Weaponmaster), Paragon Multiclassing, Eternal Seeker
Fighter Option: Combat Superiority
Fighter Talents Option: Arena Training
Arena Training Option: Arena Training (Dagger)
Arena Training Option: Arena Training (Rapier)
Arcane Implement Proficiency Option: Arcane Implement Proficiency (Dagger)
Arcane Admixture Damage Type: Arcane Admixture Cold
Seeking Destiny Option: Hellfire Master
Spellscarred
Fugitive from a Vengeful Rival (Fugitive from a Vengeful Rival Benefit)
Theme: Primordial Adept

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 24, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 26, WIS 13, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 11, DEX 8, INT 16, WIS 11, CHA 12

AC: 44 Fort: 40 Ref: 39 Will: 34
HP: 202 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 50

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +28, Bluff +26, Endurance +21, Intimidate +23

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +15, Athletics +22, Diplomacy +18, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +16, History +23, Insight +16, Nature +16, Perception +16, Religion +23, Stealth +18, Streetwise +18, Thievery +15

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Primordial Adept Attack: Vezzuvu's Eruption
Tiefling Racial Power: Infernal Wrath
Fighter Attack: Combat Challenge
Fighter Attack 1: Crushing Surge
Wizard Attack 1: Freezing Burst
Wizard Attack 1: Scorching Burst
Primordial Adept Utility 2: Solkara's Grasp
Primordial Adept Utility 6: Vezzuvu's Armor
Wizard Utility 6: Fire Shield
Wizard Attack 7: Fire Burst
Primordial Adept Utility 10: Guardian Archons
Wizard Attack 15: Serpents of Flame
Fighter Utility 16: Tyrian Battle Stance
Wizard Attack 17: Crushing Titan's Fist
Wizard Attack 19: Feast of Destruction
Wizard Utility 22: Umbral Stride
Sorcerer Utility 22: Platinum Scales
Wizard Attack 23: Acid Storm
Wizard Attack 25: Necrotic Web
Wizard Attack 27: Soul Fire
Wizard Attack 29: Moilian Flames

FEATS
Level 1: Hellfire Blood
Level 2: Arcane Initiate
Level 4: Novice Power
Level 6: Icy Clutch of Stygia
Level 8: Acolyte Power
Level 10: Adept Power
Level 11: Consuming the Weak
Level 12: Hellfire Master
Level 14: White Lotus Dueling Expertise
Level 16: Spellscarred Invigoration
Level 18: Arcane Implement Proficiency
Level 20: Superior Implement Training (Incendiary dagger)
Level 21: Hell's Burning Mark
Level 22: Hellfire Teleport
Level 24: Enlarge Spell
Level 26: Spell Accuracy
Level 28: Arcane Admixture
Level 30: Arcane Fire

ITEMS
Exsiccating Incendiary dagger +6 x1
Shadowdance Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +6 x1
Cloak of the Phoenix +6 x1
====== End ======

Thank you.
I take it your goal is to be a controller, uses uses the fighter's mark as a monster debuff?  Because outside of the mark, you're not giving the monster any reason reason to attack you, so you're not really functioning as a defender.

Edit: Also, what levels do you want to be playable through?  If it's epic only, you're over investing in Str, for example.

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

The level would be early epic so I can have Hell's burning mark. Does the ongoing damage that the monsters are suffering from along with the mark not really give enough reason to get attacked? I want to take out STR, but I realized that in this build, I might be making a few MBAs because of the marks, that is why I left STR high.
You're using a dagger, not a staff.  So all your ranged powers provoke.  So you're not going to be next to the  monsters you mark (because then you can't use ranged powers).  So you're not going to get any MBAs.

I'd suggest switching to a staff, because Staff Expertise at least comes with a "no provoke" feature.  And that also gets rid of MID (Multiple Implement Deficiency: the fact that it's expensive to keep two magic implements/weapons at par) 

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

The armor makes it so that I do not provoke. The spell accuracy is in there so that I could center the ranged bursts on me and exclude me. The only reason I took the dagger was so get the +1 to hit, and the boost to fire damage. So in your opinion, it would be better to go with staff, free up some feats, and lose the +to hit and the damage boost?

Edit: Also the spellscarred invigoration is some incentive to attack me.
The armor makes it so that I do not provoke.

Ah.  Ok.  Staff would really just free up your armor slot (and save you a feat).  You can still get +1 to hit with implement attacks, you just can't get the bonus damage on fire attacks.

Yes, you're down 1 on melee attacks, but I'm still not seeing you make a ton of those.

Edit: Also the spellscarred invigoration is some incentive to attack me.

One damage?  You think that's actually going to matter?  And you can't heal (one hit point.  Woo.) if you're at full HP, so monster tactic is still going to be "kill the rest of the party first"

By Epic, "incentive" needs to mean something in the ballpark of: "If I don't attack the defender, I will eat a 25+ damage MBA from the defender which will also slide me away from my target and prone me, thus canceling my attack entirely".

If you aren't talking about a penalty in that severity range, it doesn't count as incentive.

Note that there are multiple ways to achieve that degree of incentive- a defender build which stacked hit penalties up to -10 or so would be providing equal incentive, although generally a lot of that -10 winds up also applying to the defender himself, so it's more of a complete action denial regardless of who the monster is targeting.
since they will always have vulnerability, the 1 point is actually 6
hmm, perhaps I can use one of the 4 rods that can be also used as a mace, and pick up dizzying mace. That way all my implement attacks are done with the rod/mace and all I need to do it find a way to daze with my at-will. Dump the STR and take CON instead. That would also open some spell picks from warlocks for the Eternal Seeker. If accomplished, it would give all enemies I hit with the Scorching burst a -7 and -2 for the mark.
That at least sounds like it's in the right ballpark.