Eldangard - Rusecharm Nyx

16 posts / 0 new
Last post

Rusecharm Nyx
Creature - Faerie Wizard
Flying
When Rusecharm Nyx enters the battlefield, another target creature loses all abilities and becomes 1/1 for as long as you control Rusecharm Nyx.
2/1

Sort of unoriginal, since it's a lot like a smaller Dungeon Geists.  But it fits the theme of the second set of the Eldangard block quite nicely.  The first set revolved around tokens, and the second set has a "vanilla matters" subtheme that intertwines with it.  Green, White and Red generally like vanilla creatures. Blue and Black don't exactly hate them, but they interact with the theme in a generally negative way.  Like this!

Added bonus: Once it gets flavor text (or I give up and print it as-is), this marks the completion of Stormfront!  The previous card in the "Rare small blue creature" slot was cut from the set at the last minute (I just wasn't happy with it) and I had to find a replacement.  I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
I like it.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

I like it.

Me too.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
I hate it.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I hate it.

Me too.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
I am indifferent.
blah blah metal lyrics
I am indifferent.

Libe too.
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
I want the creature to gain Flying.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Flying would be good symmetry... but I'm not sure it makes much sense for the flavor of faerie trickery (why would they give their victims flight?), and then it loses the vanilla-matters theme (even though Blue doesn't interact with it much).
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
Flying would be good symmetry... but I'm not sure it makes much sense for the flavor of faerie trickery (why would they give their victims flight?), and then it loses the vanilla-matters theme (even though Blue doesn't interact with it much).

The art has wings though. Evyone knows you can't change the art so you'll just have to change the card.
I like it by the way.
The art decipts the faerie though, so that's not a problem. I just want the opponent to be able to trade the humiliated creature with the faerie.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

The art has wings though. Evyone knows you can't change the art so you'll just have to change the card.
I like it by the way.

lol
+1 to this. I hate cards with wings but never flies. but i like this card anyway. (I'm looking at you, blinking spirit)

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Wha... but it has flying...  What's going on here?
I think Mown's first comment threw me off. Damn flying actually makes this really powerful. Sorry I made your thread extra zany.
Did that 'School' set you were working on get Nixed?
Did that 'School' set you were working on get Nixed?

Ah yes, Sagathia is still in the works.  I was a bit too eager in starting it though, with the Eldangard block still unfinished.  I've got set 1 completed and "printed" (see below), set 2 sealed and soon to be delivered, and set 3... has hit a rough patch.  Just needs some deconstruction while I figure out how to refine the set themes.

Of course every once in a while I'll still poke around Sagathia, just to mess around with top-down design and hybrid mana and stuff.  I might post more from it soon.