B/U/G Shifting Lands

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello everyone. So after taking a break from Magic for a bit I've come back with a new deck idea revolving around Herald of Leshrac and Terraformer. The idea is to just load up on lands either through ramping or stealing them with the Herald then playing big spells like Corrupt, Nightmare Incursion, repeatedly buying back Walk the Aeons or playing my opponent's deck with Knacksaw.
Creatures:20
3 Birds of Paradise
4 Walking Atlas
2 Lotus Cobra
4 Terraformer
2 Maralen of the Mornsong
2 Knacksaw Clique
3 Herald of Leshrac
Other Spells:15
4 Countersquall
2 Evacuation
4 Explore
2 Corrupt
1 Nightmare Incursion
1 Walk the Aeons
1 Flow of Ideas
Lands:25
10 Forest
8 Island
6 Swamp
1 Tomb of Urami

Cards I've thought about using are:
Korlash, Heir to Blackblade
Army of the Damned
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger
Praetor's Grasp
Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle
Tidewalker
Vedalken Aethermage(To search for Terraformer and Maralen)
Chilling Shade (If Terraformer can turn stuff into snow basics, not sure on the rulings)
Spire Barrage
Exsanguinate
Meloku the Clouded Mirror
And finally
Molimo, Maro-Sorceror

On the surface this deck appears to be a little scatterbrained but I like the idea of stealing opponents lands while repeatedly changing the lands I do control for strong effects. While the Herald and Terraformer are the Linchpins to the deck, Malaren is there to try and help the deck run smoother while allowing me to search for my win cons while putting my opponents into Corrupt range. Tomb of Urami while not the best of cards gives me an interesting outlet for when Herald is about to kill himself, I can simply sac all the lands I control leaving me with at least a 5/5 flying demon, the combo is even better when I float all my mana, play Evacuation, and then sac the tomb. As I said I like the idea and haven't got to put it together yet but would definitely like input before I get going as on paper it looks a little strange and may run better with different cards, like Coiling Oracle over Walking Atlas. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Bump.
If you're going to run Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle, then you should try running Prismatic Omen.
If you're going to run Valakut, The Molten Pinnacle, then you should try running Prismatic Omen.

The problem with Prismatic Omen is that it seems to be quite hard to find, hence why I'm using the Terraformer who isn't too bad and is easily tutorable as well with Vedalken Aethermage, I don't have Valakut in the original build but I'm thinking maybe I should main deck it. Will post a new list here in a bit (Hopefully leading to more responses this time).
Okay so new build still including Terraformer until I can get my hands on enough Prismatic Omens. For this version there are quite a few swaps that still keep the strategy the same, the replacements just might do it a bit better, most notably Tomb of Urami, Knacksaw Clique, Explore and Walking Atlas have all been sacked for alternatives.
Creatures:18
4 Budoka Gardener
2 Lotus Cobra
4 Terraformer
3 Maralen of the Mornsong
2 Fiend of the Shadows
3 Herald of Leshrac
Other Spells:17
4 Khalni Heart Expedition
2 Corrupt
2 Spire Barrage
4 Mana Leak
1 Walk the Aeons
3 Explore
2 Elsewhere Flask
Lands:25
10 Forest
6 Swamp
5 Island
2 Mountain
2 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle

Thoughts? Suggestions? The mana base looks a little off but not sure. I took out the Birds for Explore which I'm not sure if it's a good move or not but the deck needed more card draw I thought to consistently get my own lands out.
Bump.
I don't know what Maralen of the Mornsong, fiend of the shadows and walk the aeons are for in this deck. I'd suggest taking them out and putting in caravan vigil, ponder and/or preordain instead. You also might want to consider annex (for more land-stealing) or dark ritual (to speed things up a bit).
I don't know what Maralen of the Mornsong, fiend of the shadows and walk the aeons are for in this deck. I'd suggest taking them out and putting in caravan vigil, ponder and/or preordain instead. You also might want to consider annex (for more land-stealing) or dark ritual (to speed things up a bit).

Malaren allows me to grab whatever pieces I need, Walk the Aeons combos with Terraformer/Herald of Leshrac I can keep taking their lands and sacking them to Walk to take turns until they're out of lands, and Fiend of the Shadows was just another wincon as I can pretty much play whatever I exile with her.