Sword enchantment ideas?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm thinking of having a rapier as an item familiar.  Im playing a rogue 3, swashbuckler 3, sword sage 6 that is supposed to sneak attack often and
(hopefully) crit fairly often. I have a budget of a total of 88 thousand gold but some of that is for amgic items and armor and stuff.  I have the mercantile backround feat so my weapon is only going to be 75% cost.

i was wondering what special ability i should choose for my weapon familiar for 10th level and also what enchantments i should get for it.

i was thinking the free +1 special ability for the familiar and maybe keen, speed and prismatic burst maybe?

(also if you have any good items or armor abilities that would be great.) 
Prismatic Burst is 30k. That's a really pricey boost.

You probably just want +x Wounding. 2 pts of Con loss on a crit will be hard to keep up with. +X means you will hit with more attacks, do higher base damage, and thus generate more crits. Can't crit if you can't hit in the first place.

==Aelryinth
Fighter vs Warblade analysis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19573526/Analyzing_the_Fighter_vs_The_Warblade The Lockdown F/20 iconic build http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19856162/A_little_Lock_build_for_you
The con loss from wounding is not increased with a crit.  But wounding is still worth it.  I'd add keen since rapiers benefit from it greatly.  +1 keen, wounding rapier is 'only'32k.

My Homebrew Website: www.freewebs.com/thyatia/

"It was a great tactic, and our GM applauded us. Sadly the Werewolf burst free in only two rounds, and killed everyone but the Sorceress who teleported away with only one arm." - Tetsuoh

"Having absolutely no ranks in any knowledges, my beloved Ric Flair based monk/rogue took off running immediately and attempted suicide by jumping off the bridge we were fighting on." - spitewrathhatred

"He asked me how old my character was (I said 82), and then rolled what his maximum age was. Because the number he rolled was less than what I had said, he informed me that my Bard was dead, and that I needed to make a new character." - King_of_the_Pudding