Flower Power [My New Addiction]

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

I have been testing this for most of this night/morning thing with fairly decent results. Maindeck Ray, Grudge, and Journey have all won me game ones. As far as I can tell, this deck really only needs 2 things: a slightly larger disruption package, and Recall. 

LED may take the cut. It was initially a way to dump combo pieces, but I usually have enough Therapies to handle that.

Full set of MisD is the best contender for upping the control count; Misdirecting Recalls has been stupidly amazing. Also stops everything important: opposing Forces, Bolts, StP, etc. Bolt has been surprisingly popular, and Reanimating Druid has saved me several times in the past few hours.

The ability to win through GY hate game one is amazing. I've Ray'd Leylines, Grudge'd Spellbombs, and combo'd out into Maniac wins. The Oath Board (which I swear I thought of myself before discovering that it was old news) has been working out fantastically. Even people who know about the Hermit-Oath list have trouble dealing with it (being online helps; they have no clue whether I sided in Oath or kept Hermit).

If I could somehow squeeze in 4 Probes, I would be incredibly happy. Shooting blind on Turn 1 Therapy has been rough. I'm almost tempted to just put them in and make the deck 64 cards.

The level of redundancy is simply stupid. Every game basically becomes, "I have X Hermit Druids and/or counters. Do you have X+1 answers?" 

Rare though they are, I also like turn 1 wins off Druid. It feels pretty good. 

So, TL;DR: Strongly considering -1 LED, +1 Recall. Would like -2 [Something], +2 [Don't Daze Me, Bro]. Other than that, deck is fun and surprisingly effective.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
This looks pretty good, but I don't like the anti-synergy of Forbidden Orchard and Bridge from Below (since the spirit token hits the graveyard before being exiled). I'd suggest Undiscovered Paradise, Rainbow Vale, or even good ol' City of Brass.

This looks pretty cool though. +1
It isn't anti-synergy unless they have a way to get rid of their token. If they do get rid of their token, it doesn't affect my gameplan very much. I still have enough creatures to Therapy at least once, and Dread Return. The Bridges are only there to allow multiple Therapies.

Orchard is very necessary for the Oathboard. If it bothers you greatly, you can side in Leylines. 
Why Lord of Extinction?  Why not Emrakul, main deck?  I don't see why it's worth even SB worthy.

Have you tested with only one BfB?

Not a fan of Maniac.

-1 Lord
-1 Maniac
-1 Bridge
+1 Recall
+1 Progenitus
+1 Misdirection

SB:
+1 Therapy

Casual Play Archetypes | The Casual Play FAQ: A Guide to the Game of Magic | The Return of Group-Make-A-Deck!

Contributions are welcomed!

nogoblinsallowed.com

Join us!  

Lord of Extinction is half of my wincon. Sutured Ghoul exiles him and becomes ~50/50. Lord alone doesn't have trample or trigger Dragon Breath, Ghoul alone is a 0/0. I can't play or exile Emrakul? Ever? I don't see the point maindeck.

I orginally had only one Bridge, I've gone to two to make the combo a little more reliable. It's certainly a flexible slot if you feel something is more important than Bridge.

Maniac has been very important. Game 1 graveyard hate allows me only two outs: destroy the hate, or play Maniac and mill myself despite the hate. Cutting those options to one seems a bit dangerous. I can see losing him for a Misdirection, since his use is very very narrow, and most times he takes up space. I'll test it, but I personally feel the space can be afforded for a narrow anti-hate card, since most of the library doesn't matter when comboing out.

Thanks for the input! I've been testing with Recall over LED and liking it a lot. I always appreciate feedback.
Lord of Extinction is half of my wincon. Sutured Ghoul exiles him and becomes ~50/50. Lord alone doesn't have trample or trigger Dragon Breath, Ghoul alone is a 0/0. I can't play or exile Emrakul? Ever? I don't see the point maindeck. I orginally had only one Bridge, I've gone to two to make the combo a little more reliable. It's certainly a flexible slot if you feel something is more important than Bridge. Maniac has been very important. Game 1 graveyard hate allows me only two outs: destroy the hate, or play Maniac and mill myself despite the hate. Cutting those options to one seems a bit dangerous. I can see losing him for a Misdirection, since his use is very very narrow, and most times he takes up space. I'll test it, but I personally feel the space can be afforded for a narrow anti-hate card, since most of the library doesn't matter when comboing out. Thanks for the input! I've been testing with Recall over LED and liking it a lot. I always appreciate feedback.

He was assuming you were planning on animating it. Honestly, only folks who are used to Full English or Cephalid Breakfast are gonna be *that* aware of the tricksies.

Also, he didn't stop to think about what Emma + Progstar would do if you hit an infinite mil combo with them both in your library, apparently, although the chance to force a draw would be... something.
76783093 wrote:
Luckily, we have stop-having-fun guys to remind us that having anything more than 60 cards in your deck is tantamount to being a rapist and anyone considering it should be strung up by their ****.