04/05/2012 FtL: "'Vaulting Vivacity"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

lovely as alway, but i really smiled at Coin Chaos
'random' cards are just so funny 
and another plus point for 3 of the 4 decks being red  
I kind of miss the point with the first 2 decks..

Okey, I put a hasty creature in play but before I have to sacrifise it, I add it to the hellvault. Harr harr I'm so smart!

Oh no! My opponent plays a creature! Not to worry! I threaten it, and for 1 mana I add it to the hellvault. Harr harr I'm so smart!

(a few turns later)

Allright! Time to sac my hellvault and get all those juicy creatures back!  Harr harr!

*sac*

Return to there owners control. Oh snap....

Sure I get the point, 1 of those 2 is pretty awesome. But both? The threaten, then store in hellvault thing seems to be pretty good (sucks to play against combo/control decks though). The take-your-own-creature-and-store-it, seems pretty decent as well. But you cant really pull off both..

Though I could see some interesting plays with a few creatures stored (say, 2 of you, 1 of your opponents) and you sac the vault (for one red) and take threaten his creature, swing!

Another point: why only 2 of the sac sorcery anyway?.. Isnt that kind of the point for the deck?....

The idea's seem nice enough but I get the feeling those decks saw zero testing to see if it actually plays well.
That coin-flipping deck was pure genius. I have made that deck before and had a ton of fun playing it. It's such a great Casual concept. Now he just needs to make a Copy/Redirect deck.
On the topic of Treasure Mage: Hello planeswalkers. Look at your hand, now back to me, now back to your hand, now back to me. Sadly, your hand doesn't have a big game-winning bomb in it, but if you searched through your library for an artifact with converted mana cost of 6 or greater, you could get one. Look down, now back up, shuffle your library. Where are you? You're in a Magic game, and you're losing. What's that in your hand? It's a Wurmcoil Engine. Look again, the Wurmcoil Engine is now a ticket to Nagoya. Anything is possible when you cast Treasure Mage. I'm on a dragon. Currently Playing: U/R Burning Vengeance Control 10-2 http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ur-burning-vengeance-2/