Where can I find a map of Kara-Tur and where does it connect?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have the map of Faerun that came with the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book but I need a map of Kara-Tur & where it conects to the map of Faerun?

I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NWN 2)

They aren't great, and certainly not as hi-res as one could hope for, but they'll at least give you a general idea of the region.  As to where to get better ones, I can't think of anything but Candlekeep.com at the moment, but I'm not entirely certain they have any there.

This one shows the connecting regions.

These are the northern regions of the area.

This shows the southern regions of the area.

As I said, they aren't great images, but it at least gives you a starting point.

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde

Thanks for the maps.I apreciate it. Where did these actual "hard copy" maps come from? The map I have of Faerun is like the bottom left map except it goes a lot farther west. all the way to the sword coast. Onward to the Moonshae Isles. But don't get me wrong. I really do apreciate your help. As you said at least it's something to start with
Why do I keep getting multiple pop-up error messages whenever I switch maps? Or just come back to here where it shows all the maps? Any ideas?

not a clue myself....

as far as maps goes...

check out Deviant art and search Markustay   
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
AH YES! Most excellent. Thank you.

For a broader picture of Abeir-Toril:

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Wow! I didn't even know there was more to the west. Thanks!

The ones I posted were from 2e's Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, a nice bit of software that sadly wasn't updated for later eras, though not for lack of trying on the fans part with a petition or two.  Its a bit outdated these days, with the advent of Campaign Cartographer 3 (It was based on CC2, the previous iteration of that software) and other more modern mapping programs available, but its still pretty solid, if not quite as pretty, as far as I'm concerned.

And I'd definitely echo the MarkusTay recommendation, his stuff is top flight.  Pity he doesn't come around here much these days, but that could be said of a lot of people.

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde

I liked the feature with the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas where the user can zoom into section of the map such as Waterdeep and get detailed layouts around the city and many levels below.  If you had time or needed to figure the distance and time to travel betweens cities you can use mile figures (which is really great for ocean and sea travel figures or flight).  That is a nice tool that was designed for the Realms back in the day.  I still use it to determine areas for my adventures and make my own hand drawn map handouts.  It gets kinda crazy figuring spellplague changes that were made but I worked around that easy enough staying informed here and other places.