Design & Development - Entering the Halls of Undermountain

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Design & Development
Entering the Halls of Undermountain
by Matt Sernett

I've fallen in love with just about every D&D campaign setting that met my eyes. Before coming to work for Wizards, I plundered toyshops, raided bookstores, delved into flea markets, and explored the internet in search of copies of everything I could get my hands on for those worlds: PlanescapeMystaraSpelljammerHollow WorldDark Sun,BirthrightMasque of the Red DeathJakandor, and more. But the Forgotten Realms was my first love, and of all the places in the Realms that intrigued me, Undermountain reigned supreme.

Talk about this article here.

astralArchivist.com - 4e D&D house rules, homebrew, and story hours - now featuring ENWorld's Zeitgeist adventure path! Will Thibault is a winged, feathered serpent rarely found anywhere except in warm, jungle-like regions or flying through the ether. Due to his intelligence and powers he is regarded with awe by the inhabitants of his homelands and is considered to be divine.
I greatly anticipate the release of this product. 4E and Undermountain is the closest I'll probably ever get to understanding chocolate and peanut butter (aside from an unlikely release of 4E Planescape). I still have my original Ruins of Undermountain boxed set (bruised and beaten from years of pouring over) and it's younger brother part II (great ideas, but docked points for the cartoony maps). Kudos Wizards.
I'm very excited for this. I would have been more excited if it was a boxed set like they had originally planned, but I will still buy this book and retreat to my DM cave to plot the death of countless PC's. In my FR, Undermountain has always been the ultimate meat grinder.
zzzzzzzzz