Game replays not working 100%

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, the last 3 days iv played a bunch.

All my games from today, and most of yesterday do not show up in the games replay list.

A ORC in one of the channels told me to relog, i did, and no change. ( Also, a orc today said they have heard players mention the same bug )

I have ran the repair tool, launched MTGO, then relogged - also i have  fresh reinstalled the client and still no replays of my own games from the last 12-16 hours show up.

As of writing this, i Just played a match in the beginners room, and it will not show in my replays listing.

Are replays currently broken? I have repaired,relogged, and even reinstalled my client - yet they do not work.

thank you

---------------------------------

Update: after repairing and relogging - the replays work with one exception.
If the opponent or myself Concedes the game, the Client WILL NOT save the replay.
If you finish a mtgo match normaly the replay will be added to your games list, but if you:

A) Host a match and the opponent concedes, it WILL NOT save the replay

B) Join a  match and concede the replay will NOT save.

just tested this, and verified several times on MTGO. A ORC in the just for fun channel asked me to report it using the bug report page, but the link on the page appears broken and will not work. the orc said they would note the bug, because they have seen several players mention the same issue regaurding replays           
any word on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

just at least knowing the development team knows about it, and its on thier radar.

On a side note, the replay function of MTGO was the second biggest influence of me joining, its a shame it doesnt work to full capacity- as it was the second most important feature to me, that convinced me to join.   

It has always worked so intermitently that most players simply ignore the feature altogether.

The "no replay when a player concedes" bug has always existed as far as I recall. Pretty pointless when conceding is by far the "normal" way for a game to end, and actually losing/winning is the rare exception.
Ok, the last 3 days iv played a bunch.

All my games from today, and most of yesterday do not show up in the games replay list.

A ORC in one of the channels told me to relog, i did, and no change. ( Also, a orc today said they have heard players mention the same bug )

I have ran the repair tool, launched MTGO, then relogged - also i have  fresh reinstalled the client and still no replays of my own games from the last 12-16 hours show up.

As of writing this, i Just played a match in the beginners room, and it will not show in my replays listing.

Are replays currently broken? I have repaired,relogged, and even reinstalled my client - yet they do not work.

thank you

---------------------------------

Update: after repairing and relogging - the replays work with one exception.
If the opponent or myself Concedes the game, the Client WILL NOT save the replay.
If you finish a mtgo match normaly the replay will be added to your games list, but if you:

A) Host a match and the opponent concedes, it WILL NOT save the replay

B) Join a  match and concede the replay will NOT save.

just tested this, and verified several times on MTGO. A ORC in the just for fun channel asked me to report it using the bug report page, but the link on the page appears broken and will not work. the orc said they would note the bug, because they have seen several players mention the same issue regaurding replays           

My solution:
1) Take a screenshot after the game ended
2) Put the id number and match number on the reply file located in (follow the format of the file):
(windows user folder)\AppData\roaming\wizards of the coast\Magic Online

The file is (magic id).mygames.  Open with any text editor, like notepad

NoTE:  appdata is hidden, so you have to change that setting on windows