Miniature storage?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was wondering if people could give me suggestions on storing my miniatures. Maybe some low-end or homemade solutions maybe, or cheap alternatives.
A tackle box and some foam padding works great.

If you can't get a tackle box or it is too big or expensive, get a tupperware type container (long and flat is best) and put in a one to two inch layer of foam.  Cut miniature sized squares in the foam in rows, taking care not to go all the way through the foam so the minis have a foam bed to rest in.  Depending on the container, you might be able to get more than one layer in there.  Then use a thin cover of foam to protect the top layer of minis from rubbing against the platic lid.

You can get those cheap casserole sized plastic containers for a couple of bucks.  Likewise, getting a couple square feet of foam is not expensive either.  An Xacto knife or sharp razorblade (preferably a box cutter style) is used to cut out your squares.

Oh, save those square foam pieces you cut out, they are excellent as padding for minis stored in single mini containers like the plastic containers dice sets come in.  This is great if you are a player, and only need to bring one or two minis to a game.  That way you don't always have to lug a box around.
Sign In to post comments