disney themed characters?

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
my DM is making our next campaign so that all characters must be based on a disney character...so far the most fun one i've come up with is based off Enchantress (turned the Prince into the Beast)...and found a thread about 4e bards being perfect disney princesses....anyone have other ideas? 
just list disney character name...and then D&D 4e race, class, theme for me....keep in mind i am looking for the less than obvious.

Buzz Lightyear - Human Starpact Warlock. Not sure of a good theme... Templar maybe?
Aladin:  Male Human Rogue, theme:guttersnipe
Mulan:  Female Human Avenger (or Fighter),  theme:  Sentinel Marshal
Maleficent:  Female Tiefling (or human)  Warlock, Theme:  Infernal Prince.
The Beast:  Male Bugbear Monk, Theme:  Guardian
Of the top of my head:

Tinkerbell: any pixie. 
Robin Hood: fox hengioki archer ranger. Ranged thief or rogue could also work, as he's the prince of them.
Chihiro/Sen (Spirited Away girl) as a Shaman. No face would be the companion.
Simba: Druid razortooth shifter theme: noble, stay in lion form all the time.

Robin Hood: fox hengioki archer ranger. Ranged thief or rogue could also work, as he's the prince of them.

Could also use Razorclaw Shifter ... or really, any race reflavored into an anthro fox.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
so far my fav suggestion is The Beast..i looking into all the builds and so far he looks like the most fun.....was also looking at a Hamadryad with with full moon coven...but can't find a disney character to relate it to...closest i can come is the voodoo lady in the princess and the frog remake. mama whatever her name was.
was also looking at a Hamadryad with with full moon coven...but can't find a disney character to relate it to...closest i can come is the voodoo lady in the princess and the frog remake. mama whatever her name was.

I never saw Pocahontas, but wasn't there a talking tree in it?  Grandma Willow or Oak or something?
IIRC, someone on the forums (Warrl?) is playing Rapunzel from Tangled.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

This is the easiest party ever, Snow White and the 7 Dwarves.  Boom!

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
This is the easiest party ever, Snow White and the 7 Dwarves.  Boom!

Heigh ho, heigh ho, to kick your ass we go ...
Princess & the Frog: Doctor Facilier, "The Shadow Man" - Dark Pact warlock, I suppose.  Mama Odie as a Feypact Warlock.
Of the top of my head:

Sort of, Tinkerbell is some sort of Wizard or possibly Sorcerer. Her implement was a wand, so im leaning wizard. 
Buzz Lightyear - Human Starpact Warlock. Not sure of a good theme... Templar maybe?

Buzz is an easy Paladin right? He hits all the notes perfectly.

Other than that:

Genie (from Alladin): Shapeshifter Sorcerer.
Young Scrooge McDuck (back when he still had to earn his fortune): reflavored Dwarf Warlord
Pinocchio: Warforged Monk (?) (there's probably a better class for him).

Just a few quick ideas.
It is a shame you can't do pixar. A W.A.L.L.Y character would be fun. Warforged Battlemind for the movement and stregnth of will.

Jafar - Human Sorcerer
Cruella - Deva or Human Bard (big emphisis in thunder damage do to all her yelling)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

For an obscure reference, the Horned King:  Revenant Wizard with the "Tome of Binding" feature reflavored as the Black Cauldron.

Ursula as a Human (Foulborn) Witch with the alchemist theme.

Lastly, Professor Ratigan as a human hybrid Rogue/Fighter (Brawler) with the Dead Rat Deserter theme. 
Of the top of my head:

Sort of, Tinkerbell is some sort of Wizard or possibly Sorcerer. Her implement was a wand, so im leaning wizard. 

Going by the recent Faries franchise, Tinkerbell is definately a Artificier, since tinkering, inventing, and fixing machines is exactly what tinker faries do.  Of course, that still gives her access to the wand implement.
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
I can't believe nobody has suggested a human (or halfling) sentinel of summer.

"My flying carpet is full of elves."

Toy Story isn't Pixar?  People keep throwing Buzz Lightyear out there as a Paladin, I don't see why you can't suggest W.A.L.L.Y. 

My suggestions:

Hengayokai (Carp) Fighter|Wizard.  Just stay in hybrid form and wield a trident and you can be Triton, Lord of the Sea!

Dave (from The Sorcerer's Apprentice) - Human Wild Sorcerer MC Artificer.

Gizmoduck - Warforged something or other?  (Fighter or Battlemind)|Sorcerer

Gyro Gearloose - Changeling Artificer ... What?  Don't look at me like that!  A Changeling can look like an anthropomorphic goose...  DON'T JUDGE ME!

Gizmoduck wore battle armor, he wasn't a robot.  So ... artificer, I'd guess.
Gizmoduck wore battle armor, he wasn't a robot.  So ... artificer, I'd guess.

Oh ... right.  So, a Changeling (see my note under Gyro Gearloose!) (Fighter or Battlemind)|Sorcerer with Summoned Armor ... don't forget that to summon the armor, the code is "Blathering Blatherskite" (or however you spell it.)

And when he isn't in the armor, you have to play him off as being weak and pathetic .... kind of like Clark Kent to Superman. 
Of the top of my head:

Going by the recent Faries franchise, Tinkerbell is definately a Artificier, since tinkering, inventing, and fixing machines is exactly what tinker faries do.  Of course, that still gives her access to the wand implement.

You could also argue her powers are psionic based.
In order to fly you must 'think of the happiest thing', she heals when kids believe in her and dies when they don't.
Cosmic Sorcerer - A short human with really big ears and only three fingers on each hand. He wears white gloves, a blue-with-yellow-stars pointy hat, and red robes. 
Wizard's Apprentice for the theme - slightly reflavored, of course.

Depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

How the hell has nobody posted a build yet for mickey?!

*edit*  Ah yes, there it is DIRECTLY above my post..  sorcerer mickey.  

Mickey would be a Halfling Skald.  Halfling grants +Dex and +Cha, Acro and Thief, small sized with standard speed, +5 vs. fear, and force attacker to reroll attack.  All very mickey-esque.

As for a class, the Skald (Bard) uses melee and magic, wand implements, cloth to chain armor, and is a leader as the primary role.   

Sombody else recently posted a thread on the same subject.
How the hell has nobody posted a build yet for mickey?!

*edit*  Ah yes, there it is DIRECTLY above my post..  sorcerer mickey.  

Mickey would be a Halfling Skald.  Halfling grants +Dex and +Cha, Acro and Thief, small sized with standard speed, +5 vs. fear, and force attacker to reroll attack.  All very mickey-esque.

As for a class, the Skald (Bard) uses melee and magic, wand implements, cloth to chain armor, and is a leader as the primary role.   

Sombody else recently posted a thread on the same subject.

With the Fey Beast Tamer theme?  Pluto as a Blink Dog?
How about a dwarf rageblood barbarian with a hair temper?

(Donald Duck) 

(Donald Duck) 

Hahaha best yet!  +1  

(Donald Duck) 

So much win right there.Laughing
Off topic: I always wanted to make a dwarf like Yosemite Sam. Not to sidetrack into Warner Bros. so I'll start that thread elsewhere.
could you include their Kingdom Hearts counterparts? if so

Sir Goofy - Dog  hengeyokai - Fighter - Guardian theme, just keep him hybrid form, give him a spiked shield for a weapon and call it a day
Sir Donald - Crane  hengeyokai? - Wizard or Sorcerer - probably Scholar, keep in hybrid, and give him a staff implement
King Mickey -  Halfling - Fighter - not sure on theme, give him a club or staff and just say its shaped as a key, or you could go for a longsword (it is a keyBLADE)

just some ideas

frollo- LE human brawler fighter with the ordained preist theme
For mickey you can also go two weapon ranger for kingdom hearts or animal companion ranger for pluto
Gaston-Human Ranger.  Medium charisma.  Just enough to woo any wild bimbettes that lurk in the tall grass.
Merlin-nuff said
Quasimodo-dwarf monk

zOmg! No one's mentioned Captain Jack Sparrow!!

Or John Carter, for that matter.

Shame on you!

Your friendly neighborhood Revenant Minotaur Half-Blooded Dragonborn Fighter Hybrid Barbarian Multiclassing into Warlord

IMAGE(http://pwp.wizards.com/1223957875/Scorecards/Landscape.png)

never watched Jhon Carter, but I'm just going to say that Jack is a human arena fighter(hand crossbow and scimitar arena weapons)Irogue that only picks the ranged powers with the fatedancer theme considering that he's very lucky. yeah....

The OP did ask for the less obvious.  And Jack Sparrow is not only too main stream to be obscure (four movies in relatively rapid succession), but he's the de facto ur-example for cha-rogue pirate personalities.

Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.

The OP did ask for the less obvious.  And Jack Sparrow is not only too main stream to be obscure (four movies in relatively rapid succession), but he's the de facto ur-example for cha-rogue pirate personalities.

Then you'll remember this as the day you almost played as Captain Jack Sparrow!
Sign In to post comments