Dungeon Command: new or recycled sculpts?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
Has WotC announced anywhere if the Dungeon Command minis sculpts will be new or recycled? If so, could someone provide a link?

Thank you very much.

================================================ "Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." -Mr. Magorium ================================================

They have confirmed that each set will contain both new sculpts and re-issues/repaints. Same as the PHB heroes line and the dragon collectors set.

When I have time, I'll try to find the article and link it. (maybe the March and beyond article?)
I seem to remember someone from WotC saying that each set will contain 2 new sculpts and the rest will be repaints. The idea with the repaints was to make them look like a team so I expect them to be quite different from their previous paint jobs.

I just hope the paint jobs are of higher quality than Lords of Madness. The quality control on that set was horrible, the worst to date IMO. My hydra looks like it was painted by my 3 year old son.
I seem to remember someone from WotC saying that each set will contain 2 new sculpts and the rest will be repaints. The idea with the repaints was to make them look like a team so I expect them to be quite different from their previous paint jobs.

I just hope the paint jobs are of higher quality than Lords of Madness. The quality control on that set was horrible, the worst to date IMO. My hydra looks like it was painted by my 3 year old son.

Yeah but in their defense I think you have the next Jan van Eyck there, I've seen the stuff he does.Wink
My hydra looks like it was painted by my 3 year old son.

At least you got a hydra. :p

RS: 60/60 CS: 60/60 RotS: 60/60 U:60/60 CotF: 60/60 BH: 60/60 A&E: 51/60 TFU: 53/60 LotF: 37/60 KotOR: 37/60 CW: 26/40 IE: 31/40 JA: 17/40 G@W: 7/40 DT: 7/40 Good trades with: Lily_Wan, creme_brule, suki_jedi_apprentice, Ephant_Mon

The trick is to pick the heaviest booster,and then pray it isn't a Triceratops...

The trick is to pick the heaviest booster,and then pray it isn't a Triceratops...

Ha ha ha ha! That's exactly why I have 4 triceratops in my collection. I know your pain. The second one was kinda cool, the third was a major letdown, and the 4th almost brought me to tears. I ended up getting my hydra when a friend gave me a pack for my birthday. Typical!

Now if only I could get the blue dragon.... shake, shake, shake.
From Pax East

The Drow:

The Cards

Photos by Doug Hopkins
That one on top of the rulebook looks like a new sculpt. The rest look like repaints.
RS: 60/60 CS: 60/60 RotS: 60/60 U:60/60 CotF: 60/60 BH: 60/60 A&E: 51/60 TFU: 53/60 LotF: 37/60 KotOR: 37/60 CW: 26/40 IE: 31/40 JA: 17/40 G@W: 7/40 DT: 7/40 Good trades with: Lily_Wan, creme_brule, suki_jedi_apprentice, Ephant_Mon
Dang I was gonna skip the Drow but Umberhulk.  I can always use an umbrhulk.

I remember when a booster pack of 12 minis cost $15. Then in 4E it was 8 minis for $22. Now they want $40 for 12 minis? Really? I love using minis for combat in my weekly D&D group, but not at that price.

www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

www.wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/p...

They do realize that the economy is shite right now, yes? Give us better value than this WotC!
I remember when gas was $1.50 a gallon and a hamburger was 79 cents.

I also remember when there were no pre-painted plastic minis.
I remember when gas was 89-99 cents a gallon!!!!

But I think that $40 for an out-of-the-box playable game is a pretty good deal. It's more than just the minis. There are the cards and the game tiles and tokens. And from what I understand, the minis (along with the cards) are useable with the Dungeon Adventure games (Castle Ravenloft, et. al.) which I LOVE!

I'm looking forward to this. I have several friends that like gaming, but D&D is just too much of an investment (time and learning) for them to make. Plus I don't have any more player spaces at my gaming table (6 PCs is enough). So the "D&D Lite" games are good for them (and me!).

Hopefully this game goes over well and more factions will be released as we move forward. 
thanks for the 1st look. fallen!

yeah, i'm hoping this does well, though i have to believe that those with large mini collections are going to groan at the repaints. 
Yes!  One of the new sculpts is the Drow Sorcerer!  I was hoping that was the case.  I wasn't looking forward to another repaint of the Drow Wand Mage.  Now I'll have an appropriate miniature for the villain of Web of the Spider Queen.