New Line of D&D Mini

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
New Line of D&D Mini 
By Stan!

When it launched in 2003, the Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Game was a resounding hit. And over the next eight years it remained one of the top selling and most popular minis games on the market. But all good things must come to an end, and in 2010, Lords of Madness became the final release in the D&D Minis line.

Talk about this article here. 

Wow, never would have seen this coming in a million years.  Could be cool if it's pulled off correctly.  What I would want is a way to protect the original and work off of duplicates so I wouldn't have to worry about them getting damaged.  I could see the huge and colossals working next to the upright tokens that I use in my game.
is the red dragon only available to D&D insider subscribers? The article itself seems to imply it's free for everyone, but it tells me "Your account does not have the required entitlement for this download". If it's only available to subscribers, it would be nice to put something explaining this on the page. If it is available for free to everyone, then the link needs to be fixed.
Not supposed to. The article doesn't have the Subscriber Only Content red dragon icon indicating its DDi subscriber content only, so it should be available to everyone.

[sblock]

TitleCategoryDateIssue #Author
Stupid Monsters Part 3D&D Outsider04/01/12Jared von Hindman
New Line of D&D MinisNews04/01/12Stan!
D&D FutureEditorial04/01/12410Christopher Perkins
April Dragon/DungeonBlog04/01/12
Hall of the Fire Giant KingSubscriber Only ContentFeatures03/31/12200Christopher Perkins
Official D&D Errata & Rules UpdatesD&D QA03/30/12

Subscriber Only ContentSubscriber Only Content
is the red dragon only available to D&D insider subscribers? The article itself seems to imply it's free for everyone, but it tells me "Your account does not have the required entitlement for this download". If it's only available to subscribers, it would be nice to put something explaining this on the page. If it is available for free to everyone, then the link needs to be fixed.

Doing it for me too.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby (1937- ) Vanador: OK. You ripped a gateway to Hell, killed half the town, and raised the dead as feral zombies. We're going to kill you. But it can go two ways. We want you to run as fast as you possibly can toward the south of the town to draw the Zombies to you, and right before they catch you, I'll put an arrow through your head to end it instantly. If you don't agree to do this, we'll tie you this building and let the Zombies rip you apart slowly. Dimitry: God I love being Neutral. 4th edition is dead, long live 4th edition. Salla: opinionated, but commonly right.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
You have to do the work first, and show you can do the work, before someone is going to pay you for it.
69216168 wrote:
If you can't understand how someone yelling at another person would make them fight harder and longer, then you need to look at the forums a bit closer.
quote author=56832398 post=519321747]Considering DnD is a game wouldn't all styles be gamist?[/quote]
Itithe words D&D and miniatures float your boat, then you have been blessed:

http://ddmguild.com/content/conquest-nerath-legal-figures

It's as though all you birthdays, Christmases, Easters, anniversaries have come at once.
hopefully its an april fools joke, seeing as you can get this stuff for free

minipapermodels.blogspot.com/

I always seem to fall prey to April Fools Shenanigans.
hopefully its an april fools joke, seeing as you can get this stuff for free

minipapermodels.blogspot.com/

That was my thought too once I took a look at the article.
Ahhh, the joy! I hadn't even thought to check the Archives to see if there would be posts for April Fool's Day because they never post on Sundays.
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
I always seem to fall prey to April Fools Shenanigans.

I didn't want to say anything last night when you first posted, figuring you'd finally realise it was all but April's Fooling at hand :P

I made cutfiles and built one for fun. :-)

The cutfiles are here: cardboard-warriors.proboards.com/index.c...

More pics here: s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g393/franda...

IMAGE(http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g393/frandallfarmer/Papercraft%20Builds/Lil%20Flame/cc2a771b.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g393/frandallfarmer/Papercraft%20Builds/Lil%20Flame/87683e85.jpg)

Oh yeah, the head bobbles. Pretty funny.

Thanks for the pics. This convinced me to make one.
Actually seeing it now, makes it awesome.  
Thanks for the pics. This convinced me to make one.

Don't forget to make a second set of wings to glue underneath!
Trim off the tab for the underneath set and edge the undersides of both generously if you are hand cutting them.

Or use a cutter and my files and don't worry about alighnment. :-)

Downloaded. Unzipped. Now I have to get a new color cartridge later today to make this happen!
Here are the PHB essentia, in my opinion:
  • Three Basic Rules (p 11)
  • Power Types and Usage (p 54)
  • Skills (p178-179)
  • Feats (p 192)
  • Rest and Recovery (p 263)
  • All of Chapter 9 [Combat] (p 264-295)
A player needs to read the sections for building his or her character -- race, class, powers, feats, equipment, etc. But those are PC-specific. The above list is for everyone, regardless of the race or class or build or concept they are playing.
Downloaded. Unzipped. Now I have to get a new color cartridge later today to make this happen!

Please post Pix. Nothing makes the work worthwhile like seeing other people use it...

This lil guy is guarding my cubicle now. I did the double-sided wings too.
56774838 wrote:
Far, far too many people seem to be enraged by the very thought of other people enjoying a version of the game that they don't.
Follow my my blog and my twitter, I also write stuff over at NewbieDM.com sometimes!
Sign In to post comments