Lixor: Warlock|Executioner PMC Sorcerer PEACH

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Over the past day there has been some talk concerning Paragon Multiclassing and builds that take advantage of it.
It was suggested that I post a full build of one of my suggestions.

So here it goes, for your consideration, here is Lixor, the Half-Elf Warlock|Executioner PMC Sorcerer:
Lixor

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Lixor, level 16
Half-Elf, Warlock/Assassin (Executioner), Paragon Multiclassing
Eldritch Pact (Hybrid) Option: Sorcerer-King Pact (Hybrid)
Hybrid Warlock Option: Hybrid Warlock Reflex
Guild Attacks (Hybrid) Option: Red Scales (Hybrid)
Hybrid Assassin (Executioner) Option: Hybrid Executioner Fortitude
Hybrid Talent: Shadow Walk
Eldritch Strike Option: Eldritch Strike Charisma
Monastic Tradition: Desert Wind
Half-Elf Power Selection Option: Dilettante
Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)
Theme: Purple Dragon

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 13, DEX 21, INT 11, WIS 9, CHA 22

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 10, DEX 17, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 16

AC: 28 Fort: 25 Ref: 30 Will: 29
HP: 109 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +13, Bluff +19, Stealth +18, Thievery +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +14, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +16, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +9, Heal +7, History +8, Insight +9, Intimidate +14, Nature +7, Perception +7, Religion +8, Streetwise +14

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Purple Dragon Utility: Focused Discipline
Warlock's Curse  Power: Warlock's Curse
Assassin Attack: Poisoned Dagger
Assassin Attack: Assassin's Strike
: Swap Daily For Poison Recipe
Monk Attack 1: Blistering Flourish
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Strike
Warlock Attack 1: Shadow Warp
Assassin Utility 2: Smoke Bomb
Warlock Attack 3: Delban's Deadly Attention
Rogue Attack 3: Low Slash
Warlock Attack 5: Emerald Shield
Sorcerer Attack 5: Grounding Rebuke
Sorcerer Utility 6: Sudden Scales
Warlock Attack 7: Touch of Command
Warlock Utility 10: Ethereal Sidestep
Battlemind Utility 10: Hands of the Titan
Warlock Utility 16: Hero's Defense

FEATS
Level 1: Arcane Prodigy
Level 2: Cursed Shadow --> Retrained to Sorcerous Power at 11
Level 4: Light Blade Expertise
Level 6: Novice Power
Level 8: Acolyte Power
Level 10: Adept Power
Level 11: Versatile Master
Level 11: Sorcerous Power
Level 11: Hybrid Talent: Shadow Walk
Level 12: Improved Defenses
Level 14: Mindbite Scorn
Level 16: Killing Curse

ITEMS
Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
Master's Blade Rapier +3 x1
Mage's Dagger +4 x1
Shadow Warlock Drowmesh +3 x1
Bracers of Mighty Striking (paragon tier)
Amulet of Protection +3 x1
Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier) x1
Acrobat Boots x1
====== End ======

In heroic, you are a run of the mill Warlock|Executioner, you do pick up a minor action attack via Lightning Cuts and you can use Blistering Flourish once per encounter, so you can still have a nova with either a set up round or an action point.

At 11, the build really comes together, with Versatile Master, you pick up Desert Wind Flurry of Blows, Retrain Cursed Shadows into Sorcerous Power for  +dex to arcane attacks. Pick up a free Hybrid Talent to get Shadow Walk back
(strictly RAW, potentially not RAI), and pick up Low slash to fill out your nova round.

At 12, you pick up Hands of the Titan from Battlemind to add Cha again to all your weapon attacks for a round.

Eldritch Strike Calculatons:

Eldritch Strike to Hit:
+6 Charisma
+8 Half your Level
+3 Proficiency Bonus
+3 Enhancement Bonus
+2 Expertise
+2 Combat Advantage
+1 Focused Discipline
+1 Master’s Blade
= 26 vs AC
+1d8 Weapon
+3d8 Curse
+2d8 Attack Finesse
+6 Cha
+3 Enhancement
+4 Bracers
+2 Light Blade Expertise
+4 Dex (Sorcerous Power)
+8 Desert Wind Flurry of Blows (2+Cha)
=6d8 + 27  (+2 if bloodied [Gauntlets of Blood])
= 54 Average Damage

(.75 x 54) + (.05 x(75+10.5) = 40.5 + 4.275 = 44.775 Average DPR

Perhaps, deft blade would be better than killing curse or a different feat I have in there.

Encounter Nova

Calculations to Come

Sequence should be:
Turn 1 Set Up:
Minor: Hands of the Titan
Standard: Blistering Flourish
No Action: Flurry of Blows
Move -> Minor:Curse (if needed) or Minor Action Attack or move into position...

Turn 2 Nova:
Minor: Low Slash
Move -> Minor: Lightning Cuts
Standard: Eldritch Strike
No Action: Flurry of Blows

Notes:
Hands of the Titan adds + Cha to weapon attacks EoNT (untyped)
Blistering Flourish adds + Cha to melee attacks (untyped)
Sorcerous Power adds + Dex to Arcane attacks

Possible Variants: Cha|Str warlock|Exec PMC Sorc taking Sorcerous Power for + Str to arcane attacks. Take Ranger Minor Action Attack at 12.  You lose some on the Nova since Low slash gets a bonus of + Cha if you are flanking, but your at will DPR should go up slightly and you gain the ability to move on your standard action.

PEACH

Reserved for Variant

Thanks to Mellored for suggesting I stat this out.

Also thanks to Erachima for reminding me how to sblock.
This I like almost more than student of caiphon+radiant weapon!
So, how are you getting the Desert Wind Flurry of Blows?
PMC cheese and Versatile Master. PMC lets you pick up an at-will power without specifying it has to be a level 1 and Versatile Master lets you pick it from any class when you PMC.
rjsilverthorn is right, PMC with versatile master lets me pick up the flurry of blows.

You can pick it up with a normal PMC, if you MC monk.

The downside from doing it the way presented above, is that 1)it is cheesy and 2) you dont qualify for any of the Flurry feat support, since you arent technically a monk.

So no Starblade Flurry or Slashing Kama on this guy. I could however swap out my dagger for a ki-weapon. for another +2 to damage. That may be worth it.
Future development will likely favor MC monk for the flurry boosters over Sorc for sorcerous power. It'll be a bigger feat investment, but has deeper potential than the 4-5 you will get currently. But while feat strapped, its a good choice till you can retrain.
Might want to revise you math as well, looks like you did it for a lvl16 version (+8 half level). Double check that there weren't any other assumptions from a higher build that snuck in (like gear?). If not, still sitting at +24, which means you'll be hitting normalized AC on a 2, so you can hold off on deft blade.
Otherwise, looks good so far. Interested to see what your nova ends up at.
Future development will likely favor MC monk for the flurry boosters over Sorc for sorcerous power. It'll be a bigger feat investment, but has deeper potential than the 4-5 you will get currently. But while feat strapped, its a good choice till you can retrain. Might want to revise you math as well, looks like you did it for a lvl16 version (+8 half level). Double check that there weren't any other assumptions from a higher build that snuck in (like gear?). If not, still sitting at +24, which means you'll be hitting normalized AC on a 2, so you can hold off on deft blade. Otherwise, looks good so far. Interested to see what your nova ends up at.

Thanks onecrazymojo. I agree that the additional support for Flurry may edge out sorcerer later on. However, the power swaps for Monk powers just were not as enticing. I suppose I could take the power swap feats and not actually swap out any warlock|executioner powers, thus still qualifying for PMC.  Additionally,there are still some warlock feats (twofold pact for example) that would still benefit this build.

The build is level 16, and I think you are right, I have one too many items. I will fix this when I get home as well. 
Luckily, it wont change my eldritch strike calculations as it looks like my extra item is my Mage's dagger, which is used as my implement for implement attacks and in my noca for lightning cuts. 

Thanks for the update on my to hit. I will increase my DPR since you are indicating I have a 95% hit chance instead of a 80% that I had calculated.
What is the formula for this?

I hope to have the nova calculations up tonight or tomorrow morning

Edit: for clarity
I totally goofed when I was looking at your numbers (what I get for only getting 4 hrs of sleep). Gah, sorry. Somewhere I was thinking you were only 12. Not sure why, so disregard what I said before.
For reals this time: assuming CA you will be hitting normalized AC for level 16 on a 4. W/o on a 6. In this case, you actually might want to consider swapping out killing curse for deft blade (hitting on a 2/4). In any case killing curse only adds a potential 3 damage usually (slightly more on a crit, but not critfishing makes it marginal), so you might be better served with something different.