Paragon Multiclassing Shenanigans

121 posts / 0 new
Last post
After doing a little bit of reading I think Paragon Multiclassing can be abused.  Its current wording is "At 11th level, you can choose to replace one of your at-will powers with an at-will power from your second class."  While the RAI is clear that it wants you to replace a 1st level at-will attack power with a 1st level at-will attack power from your multiclassed class that is not RAW.

Currently you can use an any At-Will attack power of any level or even an At-Will utility of any level as your power to be replaced.  What I really find interesting is that with the ambigous wording it allows the aquisition of previous unpoachable at-wills.  Specifically many of the essential at-wills that don't have a level,  psionic at-wills of any level or even at-will powers like Swordmage Aegis', Combat Challenge/Agility, Hunter's Quarry/Warlock's Curse and the like.
Yes. Been known about for a while. Only one really effective build using it, the entry cost is just too high and giving up a PP is harsh.

But meet Mia:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
You're correct in the main. However, it's STILL a bad option in most cases, the most prominent (only?) exception being Avenger PMC Ranger for Twin Strike, which doesn't even use shenanigans.
You're correct in the main. However, it's STILL a bad option in most cases, the most prominent (only?) exception being Avenger PMC Ranger for Twin Strike, which doesn't even use shenanigans.

PMC for Dual Weapon Attack, actually. And yes, at a minimum it is the only CharOp build that ever made any truly optimized use of it.
Potential exists in Versatile Master for half elves, "If you choose the paragon multiclassing option, you can choose powers at 11th level, 12th level, and 20th level from any class, instead of only from your second class. "  This can result in some amusing one-shot builds, with combinations not normally possible.

But still, losing out on the Paragon Path is far too detrimental.  Just not worth it in the end.

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
I keep thinking of a Warlock|Executioner of PM into ranger and either gains Dual Weapon Attack or Hunter's Quarry.  Or a fighter gaining an Aegis for some extra superb marking/punishment abilites.
For the Warlock|Executioner PMC into Ranger for Dual Weapon attack... why?  Both of your damage features are once per turn.  So you are essentially making a dex offhand attack (not primary stat by any means) for minimal damage.   Quarry might have promise, but at a really high cost.
Ours is a world where people don't know what they want, and are willing to go through hell to get it. -Don Marquis
With Eldritch Strike you can double up and use both damage features in the same attack.  Dual Weapon Strike would then add a little extra damage with Dex as your secondary stat.
Just gonna toss out that you can't get Quarry. It shows up as a power in the CB and the Compendium, but RAW it is a class feature that is a bunch of text. It was never formatted as a power. Ditto Curse and a bunch of other stuff. So in addition to being a horrendously bad idea, it doesn't even work.

@Mod: So you get to make an MBA with no bonuses if Eldritch strike hits. That is terrible. You sacrificed your PP and three feats for that?
You can however get a Monk Flurry of Blows.

A half-elf could potentially go Warlock|Executioner PMC Sorcerer, take Sorcererous Power for + Str or Dex to arcane attacks. Versatile Master for the Flurry of Blows.

You can take the Desert Wind Flurry of Blows (Charisma based)

This should give you at will 1W + Curse + Attack Finesse + Cha + Str or Dex + Enhancements/Feats + Flurry for 2+Cha in Paragon.

I havent done the calculations to see if this actually gets you above baseline striker, but its the most I could get in at will.

You can also get some nova going.
You were half-elf so you can get a Dilettante power if you want, not sure what would be good, possibly Blistering Flourish (Monk for + Cha to melee attack damage EONT)

Take the Battlemind Utility Hands of the Titan for +Cha to weapon attacks EONT and a few extra keywords.
Take Lightning Cuts with your Sorcerer Encounter Power Swap (minor action attack)
You can get low slash at 11 with the PMC Versatile Master (if you go Dex secondary for Sorcerous Power) for another minor action attack that is W+Dex+Cha (if flanking).

I think the 2 round nova would go something like this
Turn 1 Setup:
Minor:Curse (if needed)
Minor: Hands of the Titan
Standard: Blistering Florish  1d8 + Dex (Power)
No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows [2+Cha+CHa (2nd Cha from Blistering Flourish)]

Turn 2 Nova:
Minor: Lightning Cuts: 2d4 (Power) + Cha (Hands of the Titan) + Cha (Blistering Flourish) + Dex (Sorcerous Power)
Minor: Low Slash: W+Dex (Power) +Cha (Flanking) + Cha (Hands of the Titan) +Cha (Blistering Flourish)
Standard: Eldritch Strike: W + Cha (power) + Cha (Hands of the Titan) + Cha (Blistering Flourish) + Dex (Sorcerous Power) + Curse (2d6 to 3d8) + 2d8 (Attack Finesse)
No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows [2+Cha+CHa (2nd Cha from Blistering Flourish)]

I'm still not sure its worth it since I havent done the actual DPR calculations, but it is a neat stacking of powers.

Thoughts?

Edit: Forgot the Flurry of Blows in the 2nd turn and spelling.

I don't think you can take Flurry of Blows with Dilettante.  The half-elf power specifies 1st level at-will attack power and flurry of blows doesn't have a level.
You take Flurry with Paragon Multiclassing at 11.
With Versatile Master you can choose your PMC powers from any class.
Since level 11 is choose an at will, you choose your Flurry of Blows.

The Dilettante is Blistering Flourish (Monk at will).

Yes. Been known about for a while. Only one really effective build using it, the entry cost is just too high and giving up a PP is harsh.

But meet Mia:

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Actually, I do distinctingly recall a Brutal Scoundrel Build that PMC'd Ranger for Twin Strike, and then went Martial Archetype. Took Brutal Advantage in Epic, and loaded up on Ranger powers. Looking at it, and the easy qualification for Light Blade Mastery and the Path's in-build crit-fishing support, it looks like it could be a pretty awesome build all around.

I am a: Lawful Good Dragonborn Paladin
@Mod: So you get to make an MBA with no bonuses if Eldritch strike hits. That is terrible. You sacrificed your PP and three feats for that?

I'd harldy call an extra attack, even without boosts terrible...

That said... KAM gives you a full attack at less cost.

@desertdiver
I'd be interested to see that built.  Might be the second PMC build.

A few other thoughts...
Avenger or Sorcerer with brutal barrage and/or brilliant recovery (+revenant cheeze).
Half-elf Perma-stealth Rogue|Executioner/warlock with throw and stab, eldrich strike, white lotus shifting, and HBO (not doing the T&S loop)....  hmm...  i think i'll have to build this...  

Edit: nm T&S is Str

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

@ Mellored
I'll see about building it up tonight or tomorrow and posting it.

May need help with DPR (or KPR now) calculations
Edit: nm T&S is Str

You're a half-elf, right?  Adept Dilettante asks why the stat listed in the power matters?

"Nice assumptions. Completely wrong assumptions, but by jove if being incorrect stopped people from making idiotic statements, we wouldn't have modern internet subculture." Kerrus
Practical gameplay runs by neither RAW or RAI, but rather "A Compromise Between The Gist Of The Rule As I Recall Getting The Impression Of It That One Time I Read It And What Jerry Says He Remembers, Whatever, We'll Look It Up Later If Any Of Us Still Give A Damn." Erachima

He wants to MC Warlock. Adept Dilettante makes your Dilettante class your MC.

^that.

Though you could do avenger PMC ranger, with throw & stab + dual weapon attack.

Throw
  move
overwheliming strike (+oath)
dwa (+oath).

Not shabby for an at-will.

Possibly better... hybrid cunning sneak + HBO, so you can do it as an OA.  Loses the DWA oath, and is a bit MAD though...   (possibly revenant, for more Dex? and other cheese)

Executioner|warlock could also do it nicely.  But oath for the MBA might be more importaint, since DWA needs a hit.

Edit: Might actually be better then KAM... 

guides
Power
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Another option is a Variant on the skeleton I posted on the previous page.

Cha|Str warlock|executions PMC Sorcerer
Sorcerous Power Str.

Dilettante T&S. Take a Ranger Minor Action Attack instead of Low Slash at 11.

Your Nova goes down (no Blistering Flourish), but your at will DPR should go up.  It may also fix your action economy as you can use T&S to get where you need to be going. This frees up your move action for another minor.

When I have time to flesh out the Dex build on the previous page, I'll make this one too.
T&S on a sorcerer with reapers touch would be nice.

Probably not optimal, but it's should be functional.

guides
Power
my builds

The only things PMC seems worth while for is..
1) non level 1 at-wills (flurry, dual weapon attack,  hexblade).
 a) monks flurry of blows
 b) scouts dual weapon attack
 c) hexblade attacks (you can get it, but not use it)
 d) Brutal barrage
 e) Briliant recovery
 f) Rapid shot
 g) Clever shot
 other?
2) non half-elf race
 a) Shardar-kai, with reapers touch, possibly their ED.
 b) Pixie's, cause they fly.
 c) tiefling's fire support.
 other?.
3) two at-wills
 a) Throw & Stab + dual weapon attack
 other?
4) Special feat... 
 a) Sorcerous power.
 b) Courageous Shooter
 c) Walker in Gloom
 d) Versatile Master (if you MC'd net/bola).

guides
Power
my builds

The only things PMC seems worth while for is..
1) non level 1 at-wills (flurry, dual weapon attack,  hexblade).
 a) monks flurry of blows
 b) scouts dual weapon attack
 c) hexblade attacks
 d) Brutal barrage
 e) Briliant recovery
 f) Rapid shot
 g) Clever shot
 other?
2) non half-elf race
 a) Shardar-kai, with reapers touch, possibly their ED.
 b) Pixie's, cause they fly.
 c) tiefling's fire support.
 other?.
3) two at-wills
 a) Throw & Stab...
 other?

You can't get the Hexblade at-wills with PMC because you lack the feature to manifest the pact weapon required for the at-will to function.
There are workarounds, but nothing truly attractive.

Such as?

Lot's of shinnanigans you can pull of with an MBA+impliment+weapon attack.

guides
Power
my builds

I believe the cheesy workaround is Unseelie Agent. Use it to manifest the hexblade weapon.
Since they were actually printed as military weapons you can theoretically get them through something like a Dynamic Weapon or the Unseelie Agent Theme. 
You could use Hexblade as the base class for the Hexblade at will.

Half-Elf Dilettante for T&S

PMC for Flurry or Dual Weapon Attack

If your MC is Sorcerer, Can still take the Sorcerous Power Feat in Paragon for either Str or Dex to your arcane attacks.

Makes your Turn go something like:
T&S -> Hexblade MBA At-will -> Dual Weapon or Flurry

2 to 3 attacks and 0 to 1 No Action Powers with just your Standard.

Do Hexblades get encounters and Daily's to swap out with the adept/novice/acolyte feats? (not all that familiar with Hexblades)

Related thought: is there any known method to swap for an encounter power lacking a level?
Hexblades have encounters and even dailies.  I know as a hexblade you can get hellfire blast as a daily at lvl1 so I know they do get dailies.
More powers that might be worth snagging.

Mind of Mirrors: -5 is a big penalty.
Unconscious Assault:  I feel there's a trick here somewhere....
Might of the Ogre: Keep them prone.
Thought Guardian: Mark them first.
Violent Upsurge: + some brutal barrage allies.
Intellect Snap: Daze is good.
Psionic Speed: Psudo-burst power.
Lodestone Lure: + shift, for a better-then-immobilize.

guides
Power
my builds

Another PMC abuse; by the strict reading of RAW, if you are a hybrid who PMC's, you get a free Hybrid Talent feat. Either a second Hybrid Talent, or just the one, but free.
Hybrid Talent
Heroic Tier

Prerequisite: Hybrid character
Benefit: You gain a hybrid talent option for one of your hybrid class entries.
Special: You gain this feat at 11th level if you don’t take a paragon path. If you gain this feat twice, you can’t use it to choose an option that you already have.

Not bad. Even if you decide you only want the one, it helps mitigate the steep entry fee.

I am trying to think what would be better than 1/2 elf avenger dilettante for eldritch strike PMC dual strike that is hybrid though, since going hybrid means your forced to attack with overwhelming strike, essentially wasting the dilletante. Maybe avenger|executioner PMC dual and then dilettante for T+S? The throw part won't really add much, though. Plus you lose out on all the fun arcane cheese, in particular WLMR.
Another PMC abuse; by the strict reading of RAW, if you are a hybrid who PMC's, you get a free Hybrid Talent feat. Either a second Hybrid Talent, or just the one, but free.
Hybrid Talent
Heroic Tier

Special: You gain this feat at 11th level if you don’t take a paragon path. If you gain this feat twice, you can’t use it to choose an option that you already have.

Hmm...

does that special line override the prerequisit?
Meaning can a pure avenger get the feat?  (then trade it?)

Probably not, but seems worth asking.

guides
Power
my builds

Hybrid Talent
Heroic Tier

Hmm...

does that special line override the prerequisit?
Meaning can a pure avenger get the feat?  (then trade it?)

Probably not, but seems worth asking.

Can you trade out free feats?

Some Essentials classes get free Expertise Feats at Lvl 1. If you can't trade those out, then you shouldn't be able to trade out the free Hybrid Talent Either.

I don't think the special overwrites the prerequisit in this case.
But if I am wrong, and you can get Hybrid Talent for free, im not sure you would be able to retrain it.

I thought there was a rule concerning not being able to trade out things you dont pick. But I can't seem to find anything concerning that now.
No and no.

The special line doesn't call out ignoring the prereq, so it doesn't SvG it. And if you do get it, you did not actively choose the feat, so it is not open to retraining.
Since people are mulling it over, I think it bears contrasting PMC for DWS to KAM, since they achieve the same basic result (free MBA).

PMC
Entry free: 4 feats (3 if hybrid)
Opportunity Cost: No PP features (unless a 1/2 elf, and then only consolation prizes)
Cheese Factor: very high (totally against obvious RAI)
Pros: starts at paragon

KAM
Entry cost: 2 feats (1 if already a fighter)
Opportunity Cost: MC locked out (unless a fighter)
Cheese Factor: High. Despite working as intended, eyes roll when you say KAM
Pros: proning as part of the build adds a small bit of control and synergy for easy CA

I might have missed some other relevant points, but I think that covers it. Which highlights /why/ it doesn't come up more often: if you are willingly to cheese out a build with beardy features for free attacks (or flat damage or whatever), why aren't you just using KAM in the first place?
Since people are mulling it over, I think it bears contrasting PMC for DWS to KAM, since they achieve the same basic result (free MBA). PMC Entry free: 4 feats (3 if hybrid) Opportunity Cost: No PP features (unless a 1/2 elf, and then only consolation prizes) Cheese Factor: very high (totally against obvious RAI) Pros: starts at paragon KAM Entry cost: 2 feats (1 if already a fighter) Opportunity Cost: MC locked out (unless a fighter) Cheese Factor: High. Despite working as intended, eyes roll when you say KAM Pros: proning as part of the build adds a small bit of control and synergy for easy CA I might have missed some other relevant points, but I think that covers it. Which highlights /why/ it doesn't come up more often: if you are willingly to cheese out a build with beardy features for free attacks (or flat damage or whatever), why aren't you just using KAM in the first place?

Your missing some opertunity cost on KAM.  Mainly, you need to prone.  Thus it requires a power/feat/weapon choice.  Prone can be grabbed by the PMC as well, if it chooses.  +1 for PMC

And those 4 feats arn't neccicaraly pure drain either, depending on what you're PMCing into.    The KAM one is basicly useless.  +2 for KAM.

Also, i don't think Versitile Master counts as a consolation prize.  You pick from ANY class.  Extra off action attacks >>> KAM powers.  Especailly since where at-will spamming.  Though KAM can get Reserve Manuver, but cost a feat.  +1 for PMC.

Pretty close IMO.  I think some PMC builds will beat KAM, (with the right base and power selections), but KAM takes alot less effort.

guides
Power
my builds

True. I largely considered adding prone as part of your attack layout to be so easy, though, that it practically requires no effort. If your class doesn't do it innately, then achieving at-will prone usually won't cost more than 1 feat (which is rarely a dead or even poor feat). But I suppose there are certain potential choice setups where feat cost is effectively equal.

The consolation prize I was referring to was the AP feature for 1/2 elves as compared to genuine PP features (AP, 16, and the not uncommon extra 11). I feel this is the biggest cost of going PMC.
And ye, you can grab /any/ class powers as 1/2 elf, but most builds won't be able to apply the best leverage since powers that don't align with your stats aren't going to be as optimal. (I suppose the ubiquitous avenger will worry about this less with oath, but they still won't save a dump stat.)

I attempted several such builds. KAM always ended up outperforming PCM DWS by about 10% on KPR. There might have been some peculiar combination that ends up competitive, but I doubt it will be utilizing the obvious DWS (since it appears the highest return for your money).
There is always the option of fitting Bard in somewhere and taking Combat Virtuoso so that all your Dilettante, Power Swap, and PMC powers key off of Charisma for the attack roll.  Your damage would still be dependant on whatever stat the power was originally keyed to, but as seen with Twin Strike and other Powers, not having a +stat to damage isnt the worst thing that has ever happened.

Seems counterproductive since I believe we are trying to mish-mash strikers together. The only options I forsee this working with is either a Hybrid Bard going fake skald to get some leader features on our Basic Attack spamming PMC builds. But thats another 2 feat cost there.

Otherwise you could PMC Bard, but that seems off point entirely.

For completeness sake, you could do it on a Full Skald or a Full Bard. The full Bard option has some potential as you could qualify for more than one of the special paragon multiclassing feats (Sorcerous Power, Walker in Gloom, Couragous Shooter) if you had the appropriate MC Feats on the bard chasis. I know that Taking advatage of the Bard's ability to take more than 1 Multiclass (Full Bard only) is usually seen as a trap, but it may have potential in this scenario.

Edit: It is a shame that Combat Virtuoso doesnt interact with Eternal Seeker...
1. I don't fiddle enough with epic builds (never actually seeing a game make it that far, it feels pointless), so forgive my ignorance: but what prevents the KAM from utilizing martial archtype?
2. Unless you go pure avenger, you aren't using oath on those ranger swaps. And even then, you won't have the str to reliably make use of them.
3. I didn't mention it explicitly, but I considered this one of the costs of KAM (being locked into fighter MC).
4. Covered.
5. I will concede this point. Throwing prone on top of a PCM seemed tight when so many other feats are already chewed up, but you are absolutely accurate that /requiring/ the target being proned is a stricter requirement than just hitting, and therefor a con for KAM.
1. Pre-req for Martial Archetype is PMC into a Martial class. If you took KAM, you didn't PMC.
2. This is why the only truly optimized build that uses PMC is an Avenger. Also did you look at Mia? It uses all the power swaps very effectively as Wis/Dex and technically she has a free hand. It is quite possible to stick a ranged weapon in the other hand and use stuff like Disruptive Strike, at worst you'd sacrifice your armor enchant so you don't provoke.
3. True.
4. Prime Shot. Bears repeating.
5. Accuracy, again. Mia triggers DWA 99% of the time, basically. Even Thieves can't get better then 95%. And the reality is usually closer to Mia at something over 90% and most builds in the 80s (because you don't always fight even-level mobs).
Otherwise you could PMC Bard, but that seems off point entirely.

Also has the advantage of saving a feat.

But i don't see what powers would be good.

The consolation prize I was referring to was the AP feature for 1/2 elves as compared to genuine PP features (AP, 16, and the not uncommon extra 11). I feel this is the biggest cost of going PMC.

KAM's is likely wasted too.  Considering the weapons it works on arn't good for proning (polearm / flail).

I attempted several such builds. KAM always ended up outperforming PCM DWS by about 10% on KPR. There might have been some peculiar combination that ends up competitive, but I doubt it will be utilizing the obvious DWS (since it appears the highest return for your money) 

Did you count encounter powers?

Cause that's where PMC has the advantage.

guides
Power
my builds