03/27/2012 SF: "A Common Draft"

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Serious Fun, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
Fun Read!!!

-Abe
For someone who says he loves commons, he doesn't use that many of them in his Commander decks. Otherwise, this article was pretty okay. There are lots of cool commons around (the affinity-for-lands-Golems cycle from Darksteel remains one of my favourite set of commons to this day).
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
With regards to the poll; I play in my lgs several times a week, although it is normally playtesting for competitive events. Hence, I voted for  rarely (once a month?) as I built my first edh deck recently, but have never played an actual game with it.
My vote in the poll was misleading.  I played occasionally at one shop several years ago.  Our play group shifted to a friend's workplace, and has shifted to my house for the last two or so years.  Since then I have never played casually in the LGS.  Even the casual evenings I organize for the WPN are run at a nearby community library.  I try to actually play there once a month instead of just running the events.
I'd like to build a cube.  When you travel, do you bring sleeved lands with you as well, or do you bring land and extra sleeves?

Also, it seems that the spreadsheet doesnt match the list on the mothership.
Adam Styborski wrote:
The final nail in the coffin came in the form of an Elephant Ambush eating my Skirk Shaman attacker

Elephant Ambush wrote:
Put a 3/3 green Elephant creature token into play.

Skirk Shaman wrote:
Skirk Shaman can't be blocked except by artifact creatures and/or red creatures.

Somebody call a judge! Tongue Out
Sign In to post comments