Community Cup Voting?

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pretty sure in previous years there has been an announcement by this time about the CCC nominations. Is Wizards even hosting one this year? Are we still supposed to informally email them via the webmail (here). I think it would be great if we had some notification.

I already mentioned two of the people I think should go, in my last article but as that probably doesn't count as an actual vote, it would be nice to know if this is still going on, etc.

Winter.Wolf

Silly me, where are you writing now?  Who would you like to see go?

I think our pro ringer this year should be BKibler, in tradition of grabbing the hottest player on the planet at the time of the HamCup.  Is BK doing anything MOL related on the net?

I've been daydreaming that WotC would ask somebody from the early years.  Who would you like to see from the early beebers?  Tobold? Cherno?  Not to open old wounds but Nushae and Gathion?  Sax?  

Are we to the point where we recycle and have returning players?
Thank you, Erik.
Kibler of GerryT would be my choices. Both of them are both writing and doing videos at Starcity more than once a week.
@Algona: Puremtgo. I recommended two players who seem quite influential to me at least within the casual community: Keya Saleh (of Freed from the Real) and Nafiz Erman (Lord Erman who writes such excellent articles on pure).

I think Kibler and Gerry would both be excellent pro ringers. Kibler in particular I know does a lot of  streaming online in the same vein as LSV and crew. Really there are a lot more people that seem deserving but those guys fit my bill the best. Nushae certainly has the longevity (time put in) as do many others. I would not be ashamed of those choices.

Recycling should imho happen after a few more go arounds. Mr Verhey(spelling?) did a fantastic job with the overextended stuff and Pete Jahn and Mike Linton continue to serve the community in Yoeman's duties. Lots of the CCC members are still doing great things. Tweaker (Thomas) is still working on his community site as far as I know, though I think some of the work has been put on hold for now. Of those who were invited and didn't go because of various reasons Id love to see Josh, AJ and Heath get reinvited.

There are also all the PRE runners (Blippy and friends) who should get a shot at some point too. That is a valuable and though compensated definitely ironman level work to do on a daily/weekly basis.

Winter.Wolf

... There are also all the PRE runners (Blippy and friends) who should get a shot at some point too. ...

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

... There are also all the PRE runners (Blippy and friends) who should get a shot at some point too. ...

Yeah youve said that before which is why I haven't pushed for your nomination too hard. :/ Anyway I get it. At some point the visit to Renton has take backseat to other things in life. (Though I am wondering what YOUR motivation is for saying that.)

Winter.Wolf

Fine, I'll do it!
Lord Erman gets my vote too. Not sure if he can come all the way from Istanbul though
Oh, I'm sure gavin will be participating in the next CCC.....but, he'll be on WotC's side.  That traitor!  I even gave him a place to sleep!

My forever unfinished blog of the 2010 MTGO Community Cup: if you're ever bored...
Oh, I'm sure gavin will be participating in the next CCC.....but, he'll be on WotC's side.  That traitor!  I even gave him a place to sleep!

Oh right, I remember hearing something about that. (The hire not the sleep over. Marshmellows?) Well he sure deserves a spot on their team I guess lol.

Winter.Wolf

Yeah, Mr. Verhey had a couple great years.  HamCup 2 MVP, inventing Modern, and getting hired by WotC.  gg, gavin!

/me wants to see the HamCup format changed to gathion's Survivor Magic.  Anyone remember those?
Thank you, Erik.
/me wants to see the HamCup format changed to gathion's Survivor Magic.  Anyone remember those?

I like the idea, though I'm not sure it could be pulled off in a week. Plus there are other issues (don't want to foster animosity between the community team members, requiring same WotC personnel to participate throughout, what will the eliminated community members do once eliminated).

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Oh, sure bubba, be all rational and bring up good points and crush my dream.  If I had not seen you and programmerman in the same place at the same time, I'd have my suspicions that you were he.

Soooo, have Survivor Magic run parallel with and part of the HamCup and use it for MULTIBALL!

Or, hmmmm.  Oooh.  Maybe use Survivor Magic to put one community member on the team?  I like that.  A lot.
Thank you, Erik.
Has anyone heard if they are doing the CCC this year?
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
Oh, sure bubba, be all rational and bring up good points and crush my dream.  If I had not seen you and programmerman in the same place at the same time, I'd have my suspicions that you were he.

Soooo, have Survivor Magic run parallel with and part of the HamCup and use it for MULTIBALL!

Or, hmmmm.  Oooh.  Maybe use Survivor Magic to put one community member on the team?  I like that.  A lot.

You realize that if custom titles were still available, I would now add "Crusher of Dreams" to mine, right? :-)

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Silly me, where are you writing now?  Who would you like to see go?

I think our pro ringer this year should be BKibler, in tradition of grabbing the hottest player on the planet at the time of the HamCup.  Is BK doing anything MOL related on the net?

I've been daydreaming that WotC would ask somebody from the early years.  Who would you like to see from the early beebers?  Tobold? Cherno?  Not to open old wounds but Nushae and Gathion?  Sax?  

Are we to the point where we recycle and have returning players?

Heath, Nushae and Gathion would get my vote for the HamCup.

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

Making MTGO a better place by BETA testing!

How to apply for beta

Community Cup Player 2011

*bump* Any chance of an official answer to the Original Post?

Winter.Wolf

We are still in the planning stages right now.  We will have more information when it is available.  

We are still in the planning stages right now.  We will have more information when it is available.  

Thanks for the update Chris!Wink

Let Wotc know that Standard Pauper needs in game support! WoTc does listen! HERE

BETA BOARDS Moderator

Want to know about the next Magic Online Player Run Events? Then click the link and check it out!

How to apply for beta

My votes go for the following:

1. Jon Finkel - Specifically, because of Jon's involvment in the Gamers Helping Gamers charity. He is the best player in the world, and he has used that fame to give back to the community in a huge way. If anyone deserves a slot, it's definitely him.

2. Nathan Holt - I realize that Nathan's work is targeted at a more general MTG audience, but I think that he is doing a lot to bring the Pro Tour to the average internet viewer. He's got a great personality, and would make the community cup a pretty enjoyable experience.

3. Jon Loucks - This is someone who has been involved in the MTG community for a long time, but has also been one of the cohosts for Limited Resources for a year. He does a lot to bring people over to MTGO, as well as helping people with their limited game.

4. David Stewart - Also known as Asturiel and as @thegodofpants on Twitter. David's not as well known as these other people, but he has been the main force behind the LR Clan's regular LR Cube PREs. He is someone who dedicates a lot of time to MTGO specifically, and to Magic in general. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/0a90721d221e50e5755af156c179fe51.jpg?v=90000) Check out Ars Arcanum, my stat based series on Magic Limited, over at PureMTGO. Here is a link to the archive: http://goo.gl/Zvh6Q
 LSV GerryT?

come on folks get me in there these scrubs come on u can't vote for them
 LSV GerryT?

come on folks get me in there these scrubs come on u can't vote for them

Too late, LSV helped us win last year. No one is voting for him this year though I think. I assume most people are of the mind that we don't vote in repeats yet.

Winter.Wolf

You realize that if custom titles were still available, I would now add "Crusher of Dreams" to mine, right? :-)

Too bad you closed Meta, I'd have totally dropped a link in this thread: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Yeah I asked for my CT to be removed at some point and never got one again... I miss em.
Free Speech
Free speech is the right to speak your mind without government censorship and without fear of extralegal retaliation like harassment or violence. That’s all! Free speech doesn’t include the right to speak your mind on any forum anywhere. The government may not prevent you from speaking, but private parties, like blog owners or corporations, aren’t required to let you use their property as your platform. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be believed or to be taken seriously. People may mock, ridicule or laugh at what you say, or they may reject it outright. Free speech doesn’t include the right to be listened to. People who don’t desire to hear your opinion can hang up on you, block you on social media, change the channel, close the browser tab. Free speech doesn’t give you the right to bombard people with harassing messages or otherwise force them to pay attention to you against their will. And free speech doesn’t include the right to suffer no consequences whatsoever for your expressed opinions.
BlippyTheSlug really should be someone from the PRE side.  For Ham on the Wry alone he probably deserves it, but has run so many other PRE's throughout the year.

As far as Pro Ringer, I'd go with Reid Duke (Reiderrabbit), in the last year he he has won the Magic Online Championship, and been doing great at GP's, and Pro Tours.  He has really emerged as a writer and someone who makes MTGO videos too.  While he may not have done as much for/in Magic as someone like Kibler or Gerry T, I would argue that he has done far more in Magic Online than either of them.

Yeah youve said that before which is why I haven't pushed for your nomination too hard. :/ Anyway I get it. At some point the visit to Renton has to be taken in the backseat with childlock features to protect your life.

ffixed :evil grin

You should consider it blipster I hear there is all you can eat pineapples!!!  I woulda voted for ya.
"They were civilized they even drank their blood from a cup"→James Silke/Frank Frazzeta "When the Cryptkeeper sticks 'em they tend to stay stuck"→Cryptkeeper "Do not blame the current developers if there is something you don't like about Magic Online. Chances are no one asked the developers for their opinion."→elf "They just look at me like I'm stupid and then I just say something like well you know WOTC does some dumb things sometimes."→wilmheath "Like just about everything I've experienced with MTGO and the Magic WotC website, I'm finding it difficult to..."→0rbit "the more general question is: at what point does an easily fixable interface issue become a defect?"→silentbobus "Imagine, only four years later and I almost have as much functionality as I used to."→Algona "WotC, you make an awesome game, why do you have to suck so bad at letting people have a fun time?"→MTGKaioshin "If you are all about playing as many games as possible as fast as possible and you KNOW you have me beat, then concede and move on"→Johnh2005 "Wow. You're a real pleasure to help. Good luck figuring it out by yourself."→tempesteye "2hg brokest of the broke"→Me, Myself & I "It's you against the shuffler."→jwark "this look like freeware that some kid down the street crafted up"→ProtossX "ask them if the world came to an economic end tomorrow, whether they think little printed pieces of paper could be traded for actual goods or services"→dangerlinto "You still have time before the buggy, non user friendly beta is shoved down your throat"→theminer575 Server status→ http://www.wizards.com/magic/magiconlineserverstatus.asp Love or hate me I was brought to you courtesy of V3!
As far as the guys making videos the biggest two are Conley Woods because he makes the most and Chris Davis (Shyft4)  because he makes them about online only formats.  Otherwise I'd like to see a nomineee that is willing to answer questions of newer players. 
Not to resurrect an old thread just to create a zombie token but the announcement for voting in July mentioned that the CCC would take place with the RTR events which are drawing near. This has lead to some questions.

So have the CC members been invited? When will we the community be notified so we can help them prepare? The preparation times have shortened considerably for each one but I'd hope that this isn't a tactic for the WOTC team to get a headstart. :P

Seriously though, it would be nice if an announcement was made so that we cheerleaders could start leading the cheers. Or at least brewing with whatever crazy constructed formats are announced. I am anxious to see who represents our community this year and hope to be helping us get to yet another victory.

Winter.Wolf

WotC are proabbly still trying to think of a format they can beat the community team in.
But I thought they where going to announce the team mid september. So it will probably be soon.

I've bought the cards and made a deck Now how do I win at this?

WotC are proabbly still trying to think of a format they can beat the community team in.
But I thought they where going to announce the team mid september. So it will probably be soon.

RtR block mental magic...that would be a pretty cool way for them to spoil some a couple cards of upcoming sets and handicap the WOTC team (since they obviously need it ;) )
Yeah I thought it would be up by now.  Looking forward to seeing the list.
PureMTGO.com
Cape Fear Games located in Wilmington, NC. Get 20% extra MTGO credit for your paper cards.
People forget that WOTC time is different then real life time.

Its going to be a great time for everyone that goes.

I really hope we get to watch via streaming this year.

The only format that would be a winning one for Wotc is to have the CCC team play each other and for Wotc to watch the matches.       

BETA BOARDS Moderator

How to apply for beta

The community team will be announced tonight on the mothership.

Edit: I created a thread to discuss the announcement when it's made.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show