A game set in Points of Light's Bronze Age

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just got and read Age of Bronze, Vol. 1: A Thousand Ships and really want to run a game set in the Points of Light world, but one which takes place just after the clash between the Primordials and Deities.  Human society (and other races as well) would be modeled after Ancient Greese, and the surrounding area.  The world would consist of islands, pensulias and archpeligos.  So it wouldn't be your typical DND world.

The group would go around fighting different city states for power, as well slaying any monsters that might endanger their home island.

Any power source would be allowable in the game.  Items would just have to be modified as necessary.  Instaed of a shotsword, it'd be called a gladius, and so forth.  Obviously, steel wouldn't exist, but we'd just adapt items in the game to reflect their existence in The Bronze Age of men.  (I guess in that sense, it'd be similar to Dark Sun, but I really don't want this to be a Dark Sun game at all).

What do you think of my idea so far?  Does anybody want help flesh this out with me?  I'd love any advice and input I can get!

Thanks so much!
Sounds interesting.

One thing that might also be worth exploring is the ramifications of the Primal Ban (where the Primal Spirits kicked the gods off of the mortal plane). Divine magicians might feel animosity for their primal counterparts, since the Gods were banned not that long ago. I'd imagine there would also be leftover cultists of the Primordials still in denial that their lords lost, and taking their anger out on the city states.

A list of CharOp Handbooks I'm currently updating:

Heart of the Dragon: A Dragonborn's Handbook

Infernal Wrath: A Tiefling's Handbook

Here's the Greek gods and their POL equivelent deities I came up with.  Any input on this?

Greek God

POL Deity

Apollo

Pelor

Athena

Ioun

Poseidon

Melora

Ares

Kord

Aphrodite

Corellon