Jessie's Kralis - The Neverborn

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Neverborn - corrupted spirits of the dead, warped by exposure to the Realms Unreal into things both more and less than the shades they once were. The Neverborn are a relatively recent problem on Kralis, one that not everyone is fully aware of, because they aren't supposed to exist - but the afterlife that once contained them is shattered and broken, and though they struggle and strive they cannot re-enter it. Now with their exile into the Realms Unreal, they are transforming into alien things as inscrutable to the other phantoms of their home as they are to humanity.

Just like the Kolari have a subtheme of lands, the Neverborn have a subtheme of enchantments - namely, all of their creatures are also enchantments (credit to Yarium for this idea). Almost all of their creatures are also possessed of Vigilance, representing how Enchantments are 'always on'. This means that Vigilance, at least for the Neverborn, is becoming an ability available in mono-black. This choice is deliberate and while it doesn't fit into the current pie I feel it's an acceptable break (sorta like tine shrike giving poison counters to White) for the set.

Main Archives here.

So, some openers, including one I recently made for Flopfoot's contest:

Neverborn Watchman
Enchantment Creature - Spirit Soldier [Common]
Vigilance
He sacrificed his life for duty; now he dedicates his death to it.
1/1

Screeching Banshee
Enchantment Creature - Banshee Spirit [Common]
Vigilance
Screeching Banshee gets +1/+1 as long as you control another enchantment.
Lesser banshees are incapable of producing death or madness with their own song. Unforunately for their victims, they usually hunt as a chorus.
2/1

Forced Conversion
Instant
Destroy target non-spirit creature. If that creature was tapped, put a 1/1 white and black spirit creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield.
"Restrict their feasting to the weak-willed or exhausted. It makes extracting the soul easier, and we need reinforcements badly."
Tirel Brokenheart, tactical orders to the Generals Unseen.

And, finally, the great big fat rare made for Flopfoot's contest:

Weeping Angel
Enchantment Creature - Angel Spirit
Flying, Vigilance
Whenever Weeping Angel deals combat damage, put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of enchantments you control.
"Why am I forsaken? I cannot remember my sin, and yet I feel so lost. Perhaps the fading light in your eyes can tell me..."
5/5
Neverborn Watchman
Vigilance
He sacrificed his life for duty; now he dedicates his death to it.
1/1

The number of black cards with vigilance is exactly two.

Screeching Banshee
Vigilance
Lesser banshees are incapable of producing death or madness with their own song. Unforunately for their victims, they usually hunt as a chorus.
2/1

While it doesn't make a difference mechanically, flavor-wise, black has zero reason to be on this card. Quite literally every effect on this card is attributed solely to white.

Weeping Angel
Flying, Vigilance
Whenever Weeping Angel deals combat damage, put X +1/+1 counters on it, where X is the number of enchantments you control.
"Why am I forsaken? I cannot remember my sin, and yet I feel so lost. Perhaps the fading light in your eyes can tell me..."
5/5

Like the previous two cards, there is nothing on this card that white could not do alone and, except for flying, there's nothing that black could actually do.

It's true that black can do anything. But black can do anything at a price. There's nothing here, no cost, no restriction, no nothing, that justifies anything black does or gets on these cards.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
With regards to the Vigilance thing, I'm just gonna have to roll with it. Both White and Black are appearing as parts of factions with enemy colors here, so there's going to be some bleed. I mean, I suppose I could make the Watchman just , but I'd kinda wanted him to match up to that weenie with flash from Shadowmoor whose name frustratingly eludes me.

Here's a revised idea for the banshee:

Screeching Banshee
Enchantment Creature - Banshee Spirit
Vigilance
: Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of Banshees you control.
Lesser banshees are usually incapable of producing death or madness with their own song. Unforunately for their victims, they usually hunt as a chorus.
2/1

Still available at Common? Too powerful/weak? I do intend on publishing more Banshees (maybe a cycle, not sure yet).

What's wrong with Weeping Angel's ability that it can't be black?
With regards to the Vigilance thing, I'm just gonna have to roll with it. Both White and Black are appearing as parts of factions with enemy colors here, so there's going to be some bleed. I mean, I suppose I could make the Watchman just , but I'd kinda wanted him to match up to that weenie with flash from Shadowmoor whose name frustratingly eludes me.

The card is Zealous Guardian. And I'm glad you bring it up, because it's a perfect example of what hybrid cards should be and what yours are not. Flash is blue. Flash is white. Therefore, Zealous Guardian can function perfectly as both. Vigilance is white. Vigilance is not black. Vigilance is partially green. Therefore, Watchman would function perfectly as both white and green, but not black.

Hybrid is, functionally, not multicolor.

Hybrid is, as it stands, controvercial. RFG, as it stands, is not something to be taken lightly. Both of which your toying with. "Cause hybrid's fun lololol!" is what I initially warned against. It still holds true.

Still available at Common? Too powerful/weak? I do intend on publishing more Banshees (maybe a cycle, not sure yet).

What's wrong with Weeping Angel's ability that it can't be black?

Rarity is not determined by power alone. If it were, Mana Leak would be rare. As it stands, Mana Leak has remained a common through all five printings. Rarity is mostly determined by a split of three factors.

1) How complex is the card. (Any player that truly wants a card will be able to achieve it. A "new" player doesn't want to see some weird looking card with a funny mana cost.)
2) How powerful is the card. (Some cards are really just that good.)
3) How often you want the card to be seen when opening boosters. (This can be for multiple reasons. One reason kinda overlaps with is the first option of complexity or how often a "new" player might make use of a card. Another very large reason is the Limited format.)
*Note that, like Planar Chaos, "mythics" defy any and all set guidelines and should never be an example of anything.

Screeching Banshee, in its current form, could easily be a rare. It's a moderately simple card, but would be quite powerful even with only one other banshee in play and you wouldn't want it to be common-place in a draft. Also, I will cede that Screeching Banshee, in its current form, is a fair example of what a multicolor card should look like.

As for Weeping Angel, the reason it's a crappy display of hybrid is because 2/3 of its abilities are definitively not black without a sacrificial price, with the third solidly neutral through all five colors and artifacts.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Hrm.

I really want to hash out the Vigilance thing, though, because it really does help them feel like enchantments, insofar as they're 'always on', always ready to do something. Is there any particular problem with making Vigilance black if I trade something of Black's away to another color or color pairing? I'd actually been toying with the idea of giving 'can't block and is unblockable' to (Illusions) in an effort both to expand Red's capacity for evasion and give them a 'slippery' feel, and since isn't around here, no one's actually...missing out, as it were.

As for the banshee, I'll bust her down to the original form and recost her at for the time being; no reason for hard multicolor, but with wanting Vigilance to be where I want it to be hybrid would work out for her.

I'm divided on the Angel, really. I want to keep angels in the Neverborn, but I may scrap her in favor of a different angel (or two; I can put some in Uncommon). In the meantime, let's try some non-creatures on for size:

Unutterable Loss
Instant
Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the number of exiled cards you own.
Some of the Realms Unreal are paradises beyond compare. A mere glimpse of such splendor is usually enough to drive a victim to suicide.

Hrm.

I really want to hash out the Vigilance thing, though, because it really does help them feel like enchantments, insofar as they're 'always on', always ready to do something. Is there any particular problem with making Vigilance black if I trade something of Black's away to another color or color pairing? I'd actually been toying with the idea of giving 'can't block and is unblockable' to (Illusions) in an effort both to expand Red's capacity for evasion and give them a 'slippery' feel, and since isn't around here, no one's actually...missing out, as it were.

~ is unblockable.
~ can't block.

~ can't block.

~ can't block
~ is unblockable

~ can't block.
: ~ is unblockable till end of turn.

Open up all of the hybrid cards that have been made and take a gander. You'll notice that they're all either vanilla based or have color restrictions baked into their abilities.

Also, I'm not sure why, after I said Screeching Banshee was the perfect example of multicolor, you would make Screeching Banshee a hybrid.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Also, I'm not sure why, after I said Screeching Banshee was the perfect example of multicolor, that you would make Screeching Banshee a hybrid. 

I also said, 'put her back in her original form'. I want a Banshee at common, so she'd end up looking like this:

Screeching Banshee
Enchantment Creature - Banshee Spirit
Vigilance
[FLAVOR]
2/1

As opposed to her current incarnation.
Flash is blue. Flash is white.

Sorry, stuff like this bugs me: Flash is technically available to all colors, just like Intimidate. But, certain colors are more efficient at using it, in this case Bant colors (although green seems to alternate between primary and secondary efficiency). Red is secondary (arguable that it's actually tertiary), and black is the absolute least efficient.

As for the Neverborn all getting Vigilance, I agree that that's a bad idea. Not so much because black doesn't get Vigilance (blue doesn't get lifelink yet there's a hybrid enchantment that grants it), but more for the fact that Vigilance is a powerful ability, especially in large numbers. It shouldn't just be thrown around haphazardly. And especially not with the argument that enchantments don't tap and therefore enchantment creatures shouldn't tap.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

Khans of Tarkir Clan Quiz
After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

As for the Neverborn all getting Vigilance, I agree that that's a bad idea. Not so much because black doesn't get Vigilance (blue doesn't get lifelink yet there's a hybrid enchantment that grants it), but more for the fact that Vigilance is a powerful ability, especially in large numbers. It shouldn't just be thrown around haphazardly. And especially not with the argument that enchantments don't tap and therefore enchantment creatures shouldn't tap.

Steel of the Godhead grants lifelink only to a white creature. Therefore it is still a white based ability and not arbitrarily granted to blue. Also, in terms of the "flash is X", that's partially my point.

At the end of my post, I pointed out that nearly all hybrid cards are all either vanilla based or have color restrictions baked into their abilities. Both of your examples lend credence to this statement.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
On the flip side of that, I think there's room for some unblockable Red creatures, provided there's sufficient drawbacks. I was considering a functional reprint of Inkfathom Infiltrator, as an example.

May I assume that a lack of comment means Forced Conversion and Unutterable Loss are okay?
On the flip side of that, I think there's room for some unblockable Red creatures, provided there's sufficient drawbacks. I was considering a functional reprint of Inkfathom Infiltrator, as an example.

~ is unblockable.

~ is unblockable.

~ is unblockable.

~ is unblockable.

One of these things is not like the other... One of these things just doesn't belong... Inkfathom Infiltrator works because "unblockable" more or less works with both blue and black. Red is in the style of not being blocked by target creature.

May I assume that a lack of comment means Forced Conversion and Unutterable Loss are okay?

Sure.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Goblin Tunneler

I think a semi-functional reprint of Inkfathom would work very well in the Illusion tribe. And by semi-functional reprint I mean something like:

()()
Creature-Illusion
{this} can't block.
(): {this} is unblockable this turn.
2/1

Because while red doesn't get outright unblockability, they do tend to get imaginative/selective unblockability.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14, reinstated (reactivated?) on 9-24-14 (been seeing more FNM, prerelease, and release events as of late)

After three iterations of taking the quiz, it says each time that I'm Temur, the clan. Which is funny because the dual-color tests still yield the same two results as before.

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

"... with power 2 or less", "... except by creatures with defender", "... except by two or more creatures", and "... by creatures with flying" are in no way comparable to ": ~ is unblockable until end of turn."

Quantities of mana is not something to be held sacred. For all intents and purposes...

: Vigilance

... is the exact same as... 

You don't do anything by heaping on a mana cost. That's one of the reasons Emrakul works so well is because is identical to . Life is a cost. Restrictions are a cost. Loopholes are a cost. But then, once you settle on a life/restriction/loophole cost, you have to ask if that price fits the second color as well.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Quantities of mana is not something to be held sacred. For all intents and purposes...

... is the exact same as... 

You don't do anything by heaping on a mana cost. That's one of the reasons Emrakul works so well is because is identical to .

I'm sorry, you lost me here...how exactly is paying 11 red mana the same as paying 1? And what math are you using that makes 15=1?

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

I'm sorry, you lost me here...how exactly is paying 11 red mana the same as paying 1? And what math are you using that makes 15=1?

Eleven red mana or one red mana, it's still just red mana. Mana is an inconsequential and vanilla object in terms of "hindrance".
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Eleven red mana or one red mana, it's still just red mana. Mana is an inconsequential and vanilla object in terms of "hindrance".

I assume by this you mean "Using mana as a cost is fundamentally different from imposing a restriction."
I assume by this you mean "Using mana as a cost is fundamentally different from imposing a restriction."

Correct.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
I wonder what this board would have been like if Planar Chaos had never been
It's "Ko"

Better.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Boring.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

So do I, at times. I understand that not all of its changes are okay (or likely to see use) but it does feel like every time I try to slant the colors a little bit in a direction they're already leaning it gets brought up.

Better.

I was going to wait for someone to respond with literally any other response, to which I would reply "well actually that was a retorical question because the answer is 'better'".

It's "Ko"
a direction they're already leaning

I think you have brain problems
It's "Ko"
a direction they're already leaning

I think you have brain problems

I'd meant the red unblockables, not the black Vigilance. The black Vigilance thing is totally new.

Still worrying away at some ideas for these guys and the Kolari, filing away at some of the problems and ideas you folks have given me.

I'd meant the red unblockables, not the black Vigilance. The black Vigilance thing is totally new.

Still worrying away at some ideas for these guys and the Kolari, filing away at some of the problems and ideas you folks have given me.

"... with power 2 or less", "... except by creatures with defender", "... except by two or more creatures", and "... by creatures with flying" are in no way comparable to ": ~ is unblockable until end of turn."

I can do this all day
It's "Ko"
I think a lot of the color pie debates essentially come down to this really boring sort of internet "he said she said" arguments where people just kind of try to one-up one another. I don't buy into that.

What I DO buy into, however, is the relevance of having clearly defined colors. The example I always use is Yu-Gi-Oh, because YGO is garbage (sorry, YGO, fans; just my opinion). In YGO there is very little feeling that one kind of card does a particular class of "thing"; Magic, on the other hand, really drives that home with colors, card types, and tribes. What that does is up the complexity of the game, and give players boundaries to work within and themes to build on. That's important.

However, with some of the minutae, I do think people get a little overzealous. Is red getting unblockability acceptable as a color bleed? I'd suggest, maybe, but only A) sparingly, and B) if it is important to your set (or in the case of individual card design, for the card being interesting). With hybrids, though, I agree it's very important to be careful. It's easy to see the twin colors in the cost and forget that you can pay with . I certainly wouldn't so far as to make it a set-theme; similarly, vigilance in black feels really wrong, since it goes directly against black's "suicidal, trade pain for power" strategy; being able to attack while also hanging back doesn't feel very black.

Honestly, Jessie, I really like your designs, but I might suggest that you perhaps leave the hybrid mana costs out, particularly in the case of Neverborn Watchman. They're interesting, but I find they're actually more limiting on design than one usually expects (this coming from a guy who started out being way too enamoured of hybrid costs).  If you really want to keep the hybrid costs, though, think what both colors can do, rather than what one color can do. Lifelink is a prime candidate for , I think, even if it's not terribly interesting.
A potential replacement for Weeping Angel's rare slot:

Angel of Solitude
Flying, Vigilance
When Angel of Solitude enters the battlefield, destroy all other creatures.
She only wants to be alone with her grief - grief for the life she never lost, for the sins she never committed, and for the fall from grace that never happened.
6/4

Angel of Solitude
Flying, Vigilance
She only wants to be alone with her grief - grief for the life she never lost, for the sins she never committed, and for the fall from grace that never happened.
6/4

Why have a single in the cost? How significantly different is this from ? Effectively, in a deck that's splashing black, it reads .
Honestly, because I wanted to give a nod to poor, maligned Damnation; I always felt that Wrath effects should have been Black, while more discriminating tactics should have been White. There's also some small similarity to Plague Wind, in that the Wrath leaves you with an advantage when it's done.

That being said, I've been musing something. Right now the set has two set-only mechanics - Discorporate and the Dream super-type. I'm considering adding Haunt into the mix, associating it with these Spirits first, Illusions second and a very select few Kolari dead last. I think there's a lot of unexplored design space in Haunt that might be worth probing into, and it fits the 'exile matters' theme pretty well. Good or bad idea?

Angel of Solitude
Flying, Vigilance
6/4

Why have a single in the cost? How significantly different is this from ? Effectively, in a deck that's splashing black, it reads .

I'd argue that on a 7 cmc creature the difference between a C,C,C or a C,C,C/D in the cost is still relevant- if only just. At lower cmc's a single basically restircts the card to either monowhite, monoblack or white/black decks. At 7 cmc the only thing keeping that solitary :wbm: relevant is the already high color weight. I'd recommend making a 7 drop with :W::W::wbm::wbm: in the cost if you want the color restrictions to be more significant. If it was at :W::W::wbm::wbm: then you'd really feel monowhite and w/b were your only two options.
Alright, some redesigns, and some newbies. No thoughts at all on bringing back Haunt to potentially replace Vigilance as a theme?

Neverborn Watchman
Vigilance
He gave his life for duty. Now he gives his death for it too.
1/1

I'm going to remake the small Banshee at common and base her off of Nightguard Patrol. Black's got tertiary access to First Strike these days, but I'm not sure if she should be hybrid or not. If the answer is 'no', I'll alter her to mono-white.

Banshee Shrieker
First Strike
Banshees are the spirits of those that die in agony. In life, their screams were their final protests; in death, their shrieks are weapons of exquisite torment.
2/1

Angel of Solitude 
Enchantment Creature - Angel Spirit [Rare]
Flying, Vigilance
6/4

Wall of Screams
Enchantment Creature - Spirit Wall [Common]
Defender
Wall of Screams can block an additional number of creatures equal to the number of enchantments you control.
Every tormented soul adds more material for the work.
1/4
In my experience, you want to keep abilities limited and to a range if possible.

For example, in a two-color development section. It's best to limit vigilance to one to two designs at most at different rarities. You need contrast and range or the abilities won't stand out. It also creates unfair in-game situations like that of the modern day standard format scene, in which one theme or strategy dominates and the others can't keep pace (they don't even have a fair chance).

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/74/Spr_5b_645.png)

In my experience, you want to keep abilities limited and to a range if possible.

For example, in a two-color development section. It's best to limit vigilance to one to two designs at most at different rarities. You need contrast and range or the abilities won't stand out. It also creates unfair in-game situations like that of the modern day standard format scene, in which one theme or strategy dominates and the others can't keep pace (they don't even have a fair chance).

My experience vastly disagrees with yours.
That's fine. Can you tell me exactly why you disgree with what I've said?

That's fine. Can you tell me exactly why you disgree with what I've said?

Aside from the generalized bit where I wouldn't trust most of your design advice at gunpoint? Evergreen keyword abilities are intended to be widely used. They're the bread-and-butter of card design - that, and you've repeatedly demonstrated that you've got no idea what actually goes on in Standard, or you'd be reacting better to the community's critiques in your own threads.

Newsflash: you've gotta learn to take it before you can give it.
Everyone has been heartless to me, but I'm the type who likes to be the better person, the mature one.

I'll just end by saying too much of anything can be a bad thing. Spamming keywords, mechanics, abilities, or functions creates inbalance. Moderation is just as important as diversity. When it comes to keywords, they're very powerful mechanics. Try to think of them as garnish rather than as spread. I don't smother them across the set, I use them to accent it; adding details, flavor, and appeal. 

In my Bloodlines of the Orient I set, four creatures out of 123 have vigilance, and three of them are legendary. In Chronicle of Mythgard, three creatures out of 98 have vigilance. When my ratios are not exceeding products that go to market, how could I be guilty of what you're saying? Compare my Mythgard I with Innistrad, 28 cards in Mythgard I have or grant flying, 45 in Innistrad. 

Everyone has been heartless to me, but I'm the type who likes to be the better person, the mature one. I'll just end by saying too much of anything can be a bad thing.

I'll take Bankai's side here. He may have some terrible ideas and habits, but he's been surprisingly civil in this thread so far, and I think it's unfair to criticize him personally this way.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Everyone has been heartless to me, but I'm the type who likes to be the better person, the mature one. I'll just end by saying too much of anything can be a bad thing.

I'll take Bankai's side here. He may have some terrible ideas and habits, but he's been surprisingly civil in this thread so far, and I think it's unfair to criticize him personally this way.

I don't have the time to check, but I'm almost certain you're so guilty of the same. In any case, why bother to comment with something like that? Don't you have any comments towards the thread topic?  Here, let me help you! How do you feel about keyword usage?

I think it's important to have a variety of keywords in a set so that its play style doesn't get stale. I haven't seen enough of Kralis to see exactly how its keywords are balanced, so I'm refraining from making judgment for now.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Yeah.

That said, I'm not sure I agree with his recommendation on keeping abilities THAT scarce, but he kinda has the right idea. I'll admit I probably adhere to MaRo's "nuts 'n' bolts" articles a touch more than I should, but I think with a keyword like vigilance you're not hurt if it shows up 3-4 times at common in a given color, 2-3 at uncommon, and a few more times at rare/mythic (here it's really dependent on flavor/individual card design).

Yeah.

That said, I'm not sure I agree with his recommendation on keeping abilities THAT scarce, but he kinda has the right idea. I'll admit I probably adhere to MaRo's "nuts 'n' bolts" articles a touch more than I should, but I think with a keyword like vigilance you're not hurt if it shows up 3-4 times at common in a given color, 2-3 at uncommon, and a few more times at rare/mythic (here it's really dependent on flavor/individual card design).

Does that mean you feel there's room for Haunt to come in as well? Something along the lines of:

Relentless Tormentor
Enchantment Creature - Spirit Rogue [Common]
Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature)
Creatures haunted by Relentless Tormentor get -2/-1
2/2

Martyred Hero
Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature)
Creatures haunted by Martyred Hero get +1/+2
1/3

Angered Spirits
Enchantment [Common? Uncommon? Rare?]
When Angered Spirits enters the battlefield, for each exiled spirit you control that is haunting a creature, choose another creature. Those spirits haunt those additional creatures as well.
Spirits you control can haunt an additional creature.

Angered Spirits probably needs some serious wording help.

Sign In to post comments