03/26/2012 Draft Simulator

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Draft Simulator, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Hey guys, what do you think about my three rounds? I'm pretty confident the first round was the strongest.

Round 1:
[C]Pride Guardian[/C]
[C]Goblin War Paint[/C]
[C]Incinerate[/C]
[C]Assault Griffin[/C]
[C]Shock[/C]
[C]Goblin Tunneler[/C]
[C]Goblin War Paint[/C]
[C]Pride Guardian[/C]
[C]Gladecover Scout[/C]
[C]Lurking Crocodile[/C]
[C]Mighty Leap[/C]
[C]Lifelink[/C]
[C]Lifelink[/C]
[C]Forest[/C]
[C]Mountain [/C]

Round 2:
[C]Crown of Empires[/C]
[C]Pacifism[/C]
[C]Griffin Sentinel[/C]
[C]Circle of Flame[/C]
[C]Chandra's Outrage[/C]
[C]Stormblood Berserker[/C]
[C]Blood Ogre[/C]
[C]Goblin Fireslinger[/C]
[C]Grand Abolisher[/C]
[C]Fiery Hellhound[/C]
[C]Wall of Torches[/C]
[C]Demystify[/C]
[C]Forest[/C]
[C]Swamp[/C]

Round 3:
[C]Shock[/C]
[C]Pacifism[/C]
[C]Pacifism[/C]
[C]Elite Vanguard[/C]
[C]Assault Griffin[/C]
[C]Blood Ogre[/C]
[C]Goblin Arsonist[/C]
[C]Manic Vandal[/C]
[C]Crimson Mage[/C]
[C]Circle of Flame[/C]
[C]Wall of Torches[/C]
[C]Wall of Torches[/C]
[C]Fiery Hellhound[/C]
[C]Swamp[/C]
[C]Island  [/C]

Last week I easily went for red-green. What I'd like, though, is a white/green deck with lots of avoidance. Regenerate, flying, hexproof. Enchantments to make them bigger and some spells to lock down/remove opposing creatures.

The red-green version would be haste/trample/bloodthirst, with a firm helping of ways to do direct damage to either creatures or players. There's not too much trample in there as far as I can tell, though.

Interesting, too that white has Alabaster mage and red has Crimson mage one giving lifelink and the other haste.

Below an attempt at white-green.

Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Pacifism
Lifelink
Garruk's Companion
Stonehorn Dignitary
Llanowar Elves
Divine Favor
Gladecover Scout
Sacred Wolf
Mighty Leap
Mighty Leap
Lifelink
Forest
Mountain

Round 2:
Grand Abolisher
Dungrove Elder
Reclaim
Skinshifter
Stonehorn Dignitary
Spirit Mantle
Griffin Sentinel
Titanic Growth
Naturalize
Runeclaw Bear
Stave Off
Demystify
Demystify
Forest
Swamp

Round 3:
Carnage Wurm
Pacifism
Cudgel Troll
Plummet
Sacred Wolf
Runeclaw Bear
Lurking Crocodile
Rampant Growth
Fog
Mountain
Angel's Mercy
Stave Off
Island
Swamp
Island

-----------------------------

A second attempt:

Round 1:
Arachnus Web
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Pacifism
Mighty Leap
Garruk's Companion
Naturalize
Llanowar Elves
Divine Favor
Gladecover Scout
Sacred Wolf
Mighty Leap
Lifelink
Lifelink
Forest
Mountain

Round 2:
Grand Abolisher
Dungrove Elder
Plummet
Skinshifter
Arachnus Web
Spirit Mantle
Griffin Sentinel
Titanic Growth
Naturalize
Elite Vanguard
Stave Off
Llanowar Elves
Demystify
Forest
Swamp

Round 3:
Carnage Wurm
Pacifism
Cudgel Troll
Stave Off
Sacred Wolf
Runeclaw Bear
Lurking Crocodile
Rampant Growth
Fog
Mountain
Angel's Mercy
Plains
Hunter's Insight
Swamp
Island

After seeing both Gideons's tapper and pacifism, how can people walk away from white o O ?     ^^

Plus, if you went UW beatdown, you'd just end up getting passed 2/1 ,  3/1 and 3/2 flyers all along the draft. Plus some other pacifism, spirit mantle, mind control, etc ... 

Round 1:
Goblin Arsonist
Ponder
Incinerate
Act of Treason
Shock
Frost Breath
Aven Fleetwing
Wall of Torches
Goblin Tunneler
Goblin War Paint
Alluring Siren
Jace's Erasure
Wurm's Tooth
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Incinerate
Incinerate
Lava Axe
Aven Fleetwing
Goblin Arsonist
Stormblood Berserker
Goblin Grenade
Phantasmal Bear
Amphin Cutthroat
Flight
Wall of Torches
Circle of Flame
Jace's Erasure
Merfolk Mesmerist
Swamp

Round 3:
Shock
Fling
Wall of Torches
Wall of Torches
Ponder
Ponder
Cancel
Goblin Grenade
Goblin Piker
Goblin Chieftain
Firebreathing
Goblin Tunneler
Fiery Hellhound
Demon's Horn
Island

Deck would be

Lands - 14
9 mountains
5 islands

Creatures - 12
2 Goblin Arsenist
2 Wall of torches
2 Goblin tunnler
Stormblood berzerker
Goblin Piker
Goblin Chieftan
Fiery Hellhound 
2 Aven Fleetwings

Spells 14
3 Incinerate
act of treason
2 Shock
Lava Axe
2 Goblin Grenade 
Fling
3 Ponder
Goblin war paint

I saw burn spells every were so i just kept grabbing them with some goblins a few nice blue spells to help round it out

Round 1:
Goblin Arsonist
Chandra's Outrage
Incinerate
Act of Treason
Shock
Goblin Tunneler
Aven Fleetwing
Coral Merfolk
Ice Cage
Skywinder Drake
Cancel
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Incinerate
Incinerate
Turn to Frog
Shock
Chandra's Outrage
Stormblood Berserker
Chasm Drake
Goblin Fireslinger
Divination
Fiery Hellhound
Wall of Torches
Circle of Flame
Jace's Erasure
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Shock
Mind Control
Lava Axe
Coral Merfolk
Sphinx of Uthuun
Blood Ogre
Goblin Arsonist
Skywinder Drake
Goblin Piker
Circle of Flame
Wall of Torches
Goblin Tunneler
Ponder
Demon's Horn
Island

I basically just picked up every piece of red removal there was and found incidentally some random blue fliers... as well as fifth pick sphinx of uthuun! I imagine I would be able to punch fliers through and muck up the ground with other random dudes + circle of flame. Seems pretty nuts and red blue is always really fun to play

I guess the deck would be pretty much:

Red (15)
incinerate x 3
Shock x 2
Chandras Outrage x 1
Lava Axe x 1
Act of Treason x 1
Circle of Flame x 2
Goblin Arsonist x 2
Fiery Hellhound x 1
stormblood berserker x 1
Blood Ogre x 1

Blue (8)
Sphinx of uthuun x 1
Skywinder drake x 2
Chasm drake x 1
Aven Fleetwing x 1
Turn to Frog x 1
ice cage x 1
Divination x 1

Lands (17)
9 x Mountain
8 x Island

I suppose the creatures are on the wimpy side but i like to think theres enough creature hate to make my subpar dudes work

[sblock Draft]
Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Cudgel Troll
Incinerate
Assault Griffin
Shock
Stonehorn Dignitary
Llanowar Elves
Manabarbs
Pride Guardian
Lurking Crocodile
Mighty Leap
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Incinerate
Pacifism
Griffin Sentinel
Skinshifter
Arachnus Web
Stormblood Berserker
Greater Basilisk
Titanic Growth
Grand Abolisher
Dungrove Elder
Turn to Frog
Llanowar Elves
Demystify
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Carnage Wurm
Rampant Growth
Cudgel Troll
Elite Vanguard
Hunter's Insight
Blood Ogre
Goblin Arsonist
Rampant Growth
Crimson Mage
Fling
Angel's Mercy
Wall of Torches
Rampant Growth
Demon's Horn
Island
[/sblock]
DECK (40)
LANDS (16)
8 x Forest
5 x Mountain
3 x Plains

CREATURES (14)
1 x Goblin Arsonist
2 x Llanowar Elves
1 x Crimson Mage
1 x Skinshifter
1 x Stormblood Berserker
1 x Griffin Sentinel
1 x Dungrove Elder
1 x Blood Ogre
1 x Assault Griffin
2 x Cudgel Troll
1 x Greater Basilisk
1 x Carnage Wurm

OTHER SPELLS (10)
1 x Shock
2 x Incinerate
3 x Rampant Growth
1 x Titanic Growth
1 x Mighty Leap
1 x Pacifism
1 x Hunter's Insight

[sblock Mana Curve]1cc - 4
2cc - 11
3cc - 4
4cc - 3
5cc - 1
6cc - 0
7cc - 1[/sblock]

Interesting draft.  Nothing really jumped out saying draft this color.  There were some really good cards mixed in, but felt drawn in the direction of green.  I choose to go green early because of the Troll.  I started with white, but tried to stay away from the double white after pulling the Troll.  This made it a little harder to stay in white.  I pulling red because of the good removal spells.   It is usually easy to splash with green as a primary because of the mana fix spells.  While drafting I was planning on playing GWr, and only splashing red for Incinerates and Shock.  I liked some of the late red I saw in pack 3, so decided to push a little more towards red making my deck GRW.

The deck turned out well, although drafting was wishing for a lot of things to come my way.  I did get lucky in the draft, getting 3 Rampant Growths in the 3rd pack.  Making it much easier to run 3 color.  Primary purpose of the Growths are to grab either a Plains or Mountain, another Forest if needed with a Troll is in hand.  This may not look as aggressive as some aggro decks, but with the 3 mana accelerators/fixes and 2 mana producers, this should play on the aggressive side.  Trolls should come out on turn 3 most of the time, or 4 if opponent is playing burn/destruction.  Casting the Wurm on turn 5-6 should be very doable most of the time, turn 4 possibly with a very good draw.  I'm not worried about casting the Arsonist early, it is more of a damage spell or bloodthirst enabler.  The Insight should refill my hand to keep me going in mid/late game.  If the games go long, I can side in Fling for a finisher with a bloodthirst Wurm in play.  I can also keep some Plains in sideboard, swap the Crimson for the Alabaster Mage and a Mountain for a Plains.  This would also allow me to live through Manabarbs if I decide to side it in.  This will gain life for long games.

Let me know what you think of this draft and build.
What do you guys think of this one? I'm new to the game, so critiques are welcome.

Round 1:
Goblin Fireslinger
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Fiery Hellhound
Goblin War Paint
Manalith
Fling
Blood Ogre
Stormblood Berserker
Slaughter Cry
Goblin Piker
Circle of Flame
Dragon's Claw
Wall of Torches
Wurm's Tooth
Plains

Round 2:
Gorehorn Minotaurs
Lava Axe
Goblin Piker
Dragon's Claw
Fling
Manabarbs
Forest
Scrambleverse
Crimson Mage
Mountain
Slaughter Cry
Buried Ruin
Goblin Fireslinger
Mountain
Kraken's Eye

Round 3:
Goblin Piker
Lightning Elemental
Manic Vandal
Goblin Piker
Goblin War Paint
Lava Axe
Fiery Hellhound
Divine Favor
Rootbound Crag
Fling
Llanowar Elves
Pride Guardian
Mountain
Kraken's Eye
Mountain

It's tough to stay in one color and get a good selection of cards.  It does eliminate any mana issues you could have with a multi colored deck.  Although this is a one color deck, I'm sure vernturing into another color would have been beneficial to you.  I can't compare your picks, since this is last weeks draft.

Pack 1:  Gorehorn Minotaurs and Fiery Hellhound are good early picks.  Stormblood Berserker and Blood Orge also rank up there in good picks.  Goblin Fireslinger are decent, but there are usualy better picks for the first pick.  If you are trying for a bloodthirst deck, these can be important.  In a monocolor deck, Manalith is not unneeded, especially if you are making an aggressive deck.  It will only slow your deck down, where mana fixing isn't needed.  Goblin War Paint is usually available late.  Fling is a good card, but also usually available late.

Pack 2:  Good first pick again.  Picks 2-4 are problably not the best options.  Axe is a late pick, along with Goblin Piker.  Dragon's Claw is a bad card and should not be played.  They are always floating around late in draft, usually second to last pick only because a land will be the last.  Manabarbs can be playable, decent pick.  Scrambleverse shouldn't be played in limited, but if there is nothing else, it isn't wrong to pick it up since it is a rare.  Crimson Mage is good.

Pack 3:  Goblin Piker should not be a first pick.  There should be something in the pack much better, if not in your color, then hate drafting is the way to go.  Lightning Elemental is the same as the Piker, there should be something more worthwhile to draft.  Vandal is decent, not sure it is worthy of a 3rd pick, but in monored, it is good.

Most of your early picks should be used to select something extraordinary if you can.  They will only last a couple of picks.  These are where you will get your bombs, game changers/finishers.  You will also want to look for cards that compliment ones you have already choosen.  Example: Goblin Tunneler works nicely with Fiery Hellhound.  Tunneler should have been drafted if you had the chance, over a Piker or Elemental.  Try to keep in mind the style of deck you are trying to build and draft cards those type of cards.  Aggressive creatures and direct damage/removal for an aggro deck.  If you are trying a tempo deck, you will want early defensive creatures, larger creatures, life gain and ways to slow your opponents early game.  Hope this helps.
Round 1:
Goblin Arsonist
Cudgel Troll
Timely Reinforcements
Distress
Shock
Stonehorn Dignitary
Llanowar Elves
Manabarbs
Sundial of the Infinite
Armored Warhorse
Cancel
Lifelink
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Grand Abolisher
Dungrove Elder
Plummet
Skinshifter
Arachnus Web
Timely Reinforcements
Autumn's Veil
Titanic Growth
Naturalize
Runeclaw Bear
Reclaim
Demystify
Jace's Erasure
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Carnage Wurm
Rampant Growth
Cudgel Troll
Elite Vanguard
Hunter's Insight
Ponder
Stormfront Pegasus
Rampant Growth
Fog
Goblin Chieftain
Stave Off
Taste of Blood
Rampant Growth
Demon's Horn
Island

So yeah, I wasn't so sure what I was drafting and mostly just taking interesting cards...until Dungrove Elder showed up. At that point I just decided I'm going mono-green, however when I looked at my picks I noticed I didn't have even close to enough cards for mono-green, so I splashed White for some utility creatures (Grand Abolisher, Stonehorn Dignitary) and for the two Timely Reinforcements just to really seal the deal. It did make my mana base more awkward, that's for sure, but I figured that with 3 rampant growths I can afford it.

Land: 18
13x Forest
5x Plains

Creatures: 10
1x Dungrove Elder
2x Cudgel Troll
1x Llanowar Elves
1x Skinshifter
1x Carnage Wurm
1x Runeclaw Bear
1x Stormfront Pegasus
1x Stonehorn Dignitary
1x Grand Abolisher

Spells: 12
1x Arachnus Web
1x Autumn's Veil
1x Titanic Growth
1x Naturalize
3x Rampant Growth
1x Hunter's Insight
1x Plummet
2x Timely Reinforcements
1x Stave Off
Hey guys, what do you think about my three rounds? I'm pretty confident the first round was the strongest.

Round 1:
[C]Pride Guardian[/C]
[C]Goblin War Paint[/C]
[C]Incinerate[/C]
[C]Assault Griffin[/C]
[C]Shock[/C]
[C]Goblin Tunneler[/C]
[C]Goblin War Paint[/C]
[C]Pride Guardian[/C]
[C]Gladecover Scout[/C]
[C]Lurking Crocodile[/C]
[C]Mighty Leap[/C]
[C]Lifelink[/C]
[C]Lifelink[/C]
[C]Forest[/C]
[C]Mountain [/C]

Round 2:
[C]Crown of Empires[/C]
[C]Pacifism[/C]
[C]Griffin Sentinel[/C]
[C]Circle of Flame[/C]
[C]Chandra's Outrage[/C]
[C]Stormblood Berserker[/C]
[C]Blood Ogre[/C]
[C]Grand Abolisher[/C]
[C]Fiery Hellhound[/C]
[C]Wall of Torches[/C]
[C]Demystify[/C]
[C]Forest[/C]
[C]Swamp[/C]

Round 3:
[C]Shock[/C]
[C]Pacifism[/C]
[C]Pacifism[/C]
[C]Elite Vanguard[/C]
[C]Assault Griffin[/C]
[C]Blood Ogre[/C]
[C]Goblin Arsonist[/C]
[C]Manic Vandal[/C]
[C]Crimson Mage[/C]
[C]Circle of Flame[/C]
[C]Wall of Torches[/C]
[C]Wall of Torches[/C]
[C]Fiery Hellhound[/C]
[C]Swamp[/C]
[C]Island  [/C]

I would have to say that your second round is your best overall.  The third is the best for selections at the start, only because of Crown being the first pick of pack 2.  The first 2 picks of pack 1 are cards that should not be drafted until late in the pack.
The burn!  Oh my God the BUUURRRNNN!!!  The red was just too good to pass up and I knew to avoid White and Green after I had passed a gideon's lawkeeper, arachnus web, pacifism, and cudgel troll within the first 4-5 picks so that left my secondary color options to Black and Blue.  I didn't see anything exciting in black so I stuck blue and oh my word how it paid off!

There was freaking burn EVERYWHERE!

I only have one uncertain pick in this draft and that's P3P10 whether I should have gone with fling or stuck with goblin chieftain.  I already knew at that point that I was getting another fiery hellhound coming back around which leaves me at 6 targets for fling and 5 targets for chieftain pumping.  I ended up with the chieftain b/c creatures that stick around do more damage in the long run and I have a pretty solid end game plan so...

Round 1:
Goblin Arsonist  This or Arachnus Web. tough call.
Chandra's Outrage This or cudgel troll.  Really tough call, but removal is removal and I already know I'm in red and I've already passed an arachnus web.
Incinerate O.O so much burn being passed...
Bonebreaker Giant decent beater.  nothing that makes me want to select a second color yet.
Shock O.O...wow.
Goblin Tunneler  Ice Cage is tempting, but this is the turning point, now I have an actual plan.  My plan here is goblin tunnelers and fiery hellhounds.  I'm already in red and both cards are low picks so it shouldn't be too hard to pick them up.
Aven Fleetwing Don't want the warpaint, time to choose a second color.  Incidentally I can make fleetwing unblockable with tuneller and the fleetwing has hexproof.  sweet.
Levitation debated trying to force a manabarbs deck here, but I already have a draft plan so I'm going to ignore it.  Levitation is devastating in the proper deck and I'm already gunning for hellhounds so...
Goblin Tunneler Yes! >=3
Skywinder Drake swwweeeettt beatdown card.
FirebreathingO.O...forgot about this card.  AWESOME!
Levitation sure. =)
Lifelink whatevs.
Forest whatevs.
Mountain whatevs.

Round 2:
Chasm Drake  I reeaaallly wanna take the incinerate here, but I also like the drake a lot for this deck.  I already have a lot of burn so I take the drake.
Incinerate  There's a hellhound here but I'm 99% certain he'll table so it's between the incinerate and the drake.  I just took a drake and I don't think I need another one quite so badly as I wanted the first one.
Lava Axe It was this or Turn to Frog.  Could go either way.  I chose the finisher.
Doom Blade You don't pass doom blade, you just don't.  Even when there's a shock there for ya.
Chandra's Outrage O.O... :DDDDDD
Stormblood Berserker Niice.  I finally have a good early beater.
Chasm Drake Not enough goblins to justify the grenade and i want the flying drake more than the first striking ogre.  I have NO idea why the hint suggests the slaughter cry...
Goblin Fireslinger Nice pinger.  and since I can't exactly enchant the phantasmal bear or make it unblockable anyway...
Amphin Cutthroat Only R/U card here.  Decent target for tunneler to boot.
Fiery Hellhound OHHH YYEEAAAHHH! It tabled. =D
Turn to Frog better than wall of torches.
Circle of Flame whatevs
Jace's Erasure whatevs
Brink of Disaster whatevs
Swamp whatevs

Round 3:
Doom Blade  What I said about the first doom blade still applies here.  I'm going to have to splash black now that I have two of these.  It's just too good to pass up.  On second thought maybe I won't actually play black.  Firebreathing requires a large red dedication hm...
Mind Control HOLY @#$! YOINK!
Firebreathing Awwww yeaaahhh.
Goblin Tunneler kaching!
Sphinx of UthuunO.O...that hellhound will table anyway.
Blood Ogre I could use another good early creature.
Goblin Arsonist Two firebreathing enchantments is enough for one limited deck (even one that's focusing on it) so I take the arsonist.
Skywinder Drake Tough call vs. the grenade.  I've got enough goblins now.  I decide that consistency is better and take the drake.
Goblin Piker nothing else here.  this won't make it in the deck anyway.  Hm... In that case I probably should have taken the giant spider.
Goblin Chieftain Such an agonizing choice between the chieftain and fling aaarrggg!!!  In hindsight I think I should have taken fling b/c chieftain didn't make it in the deck, but fling probably would have.
Wall of Torches whatevs.
Wall of Torches whatevs.
Fiery Hellhound Tabled. =)
Swamp whatevs.
Island whatevs.

Creatures (19)

Non-Creatures (9)
[deck]
1x Shock
2x Firebreathing
2x Doom Blade
2x Incinerate
2x Chandra's Outrage
[/deck]

Lands (19)
[deck]
10x Mountain
7x Island
2x Swamp
[/deck]

Creatures-19
1-3
2-4 (but the tunnelers aren't any good in the early game, so really only 1)
3-5
4-2
5-4
6-0
7-1

Non-Creatures-9
1-3
2-4
3-0
4-2
5-0
6-0
7-0

67 cards but who the flip cares?  I don't.  My ratios are fine, that's what matters most.  Although I could easily go down to 60 by dropping black, the shock, and my 2 worst creatures...But I don't wanna drop the doom blades, and my giant and amphin are 2 of only 3 creatures with toughness>=4.  Oh decisions, decisions. =D

Nevertheless I would be ecstatic to play this draft deck.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Round 1:
Goblin Arsonist
Cudgel Troll
Timely Reinforcements
Distress
Shock
Stonehorn Dignitary
Llanowar Elves
Manabarbs
Sundial of the Infinite
Armored Warhorse
Cancel
Lifelink
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Grand Abolisher
Dungrove Elder
Plummet
Skinshifter
Arachnus Web
Timely Reinforcements
Autumn's Veil
Titanic Growth
Naturalize
Runeclaw Bear
Reclaim
Demystify
Jace's Erasure
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Carnage Wurm
Rampant Growth
Cudgel Troll
Elite Vanguard
Hunter's Insight
Ponder
Stormfront Pegasus
Rampant Growth
Fog
Goblin Chieftain
Stave Off
Taste of Blood
Rampant Growth
Demon's Horn
Island

So yeah, I wasn't so sure what I was drafting and mostly just taking interesting cards...until Dungrove Elder showed up. At that point I just decided I'm going mono-green, however when I looked at my picks I noticed I didn't have even close to enough cards for mono-green, so I splashed White for some utility creatures (Grand Abolisher, Stonehorn Dignitary) and for the two Timely Reinforcements just to really seal the deal. It did make my mana base more awkward, that's for sure, but I figured that with 3 rampant growths I can afford it.

Land: 18
13x Forest
5x Plains

Creatures: 10
1x Dungrove Elder
2x Cudgel Troll
1x Llanowar Elves
1x Skinshifter
1x Carnage Wurm
1x Runeclaw Bear
1x Stormfront Pegasus
1x Stonehorn Dignitary
1x Grand Abolisher

Spells: 12
1x Arachnus Web
1x Autumn's Veil
1x Titanic Growth
1x Naturalize
3x Rampant Growth
1x Hunter's Insight
1x Plummet
2x Timely Reinforcements
1x Stave Off

First thing I notice is not enough creatures. Neither drafted, nor in the deck itself.  You usually want 15+ creatures in a 40 card deck and I try to have 16.

Unfortunately the only spare creatures you have are armored warhorse and elite vanguard.  Fortunately I count timely reinforcements as a creature card because it makes creatures.  So at 14 creactures your deck is salvagable, just not fantastic.  The Warhorse is really not ideal, but it's what I'd do with this card selection.

As for what to take out:
Autumn's Veil and a forest.  I know you're trying to maximize dungrove elder, but he's only one card in your deck and 18 lands is too many, and you need enough plains to play your white spells.  And Autumn's Veil is a sideboard card.

For G/W I suggest you take some inspiration from Mystrin from page 2 here. I think he/she has the best G/W card selection.  Personally I think Red is too good to pass up.

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

[sblock Draft]
Round 1:
Goblin Arsonist
Chandra's Outrage
Incinerate
Tectonic Rift
Shock
Goblin Tunneler
Aven Fleetwing
Manabarbs
Goblin Tunneler
Skywinder Drake
Alluring Siren
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Incinerate
Incinerate
Lightning Elemental
Shock
Chandra's Outrage
Stormblood Berserker
Blood Ogre
Goblin Fireslinger
Divination
Fiery Hellhound
Brink of Disaster
Circle of Flame
Jace's Erasure
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Shock
Mind Control
Mana Leak
Goblin Tunneler
Sphinx of Uthuun
Blood Ogre
Goblin Arsonist
Goblin Grenade
Goblin Piker
Goblin Chieftain
Firebreathing
Stave Off
Fiery Hellhound
Demon's Horn
Island

[/sblock]DECK (40)
LANDS (16)
16 x Mountain

CREATURES (13)
1 x Goblin Fireslinger
2 x Goblin Arsonist
1 x Stormblood Berserker
3 x Goblin Tunneler
1 x Goblin Piker
2 x Blood Ogre
2 x Fiery Hellhound
1 x Goblin Chieftain

OTHER SPELLS (11)
1 x Goblin Grenade
3 x Shock
1 x Firebreathing
3 x Incinerate
1 x Tectonic Rift
2 x Chandra's Outrage

[sblock Mana Curve]1cc - 8
2cc - 8
3cc - 5
4cc - 3
5cc - 0
6cc - 0
7cc - 0[/sblock]

I was planning on building a blue/red deck.  Towards the end of my draft I was thinking red with a splash of blue.  Then I looked at my pool and thought it would be best to stick with a mono-red deck.  I passed on the Crimson Mage for the Goblin Piker only because I was hoping the Chieftain would make it back around, and it did.  This gives me 8 Golbins, 7 for the Chieftain to pump.  This also gives me plenty to use with the Grenade.  Tunnelers will work nicely with the Hellhounds or another smaller creature enchanted with Firebreathing.  Bloodthirst should not be a problem with 9 direct damage spells and 3 creatures that can damage opponent directly.  My damage spells can be used for fliers, big creatures or opponent.  There is enough direct damage I could kill opponent with spells only.  The Tectonic Rift is in to slow down opponent, mana screw, or let all my creatures pound opponent.  I did think about Manabarbs, but decided against it with the Hellhound's and Firebreathing.  Not playing blue keeps my mana base simple, and speeds this deck up to ultra-aggressive.  I can throw some Islands in my sideboard, so if I run into a long game, I can side some blue fliers and control cards in.

This deck looks AWESOME!!  It has a constructed feel.  I would love to actually play this deck in a real draft.  I should win all of my matches with a deck like this.
Let me know what you think of this build.
Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Pacifism
Assault Griffin
Garruk's Companion
Stonehorn Dignitary
Llanowar Elves
Manabarbs
Coral Merfolk
Armored Warhorse
Mighty Leap
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Grand Abolisher
Pacifism
Stave Off
Skinshifter
Vastwood Gorger
Timely Reinforcements
Merfolk Looter
Titanic Growth
Plummet
Runeclaw Bear
Reclaim
Demystify
Demystify
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Stormfront Pegasus
Pacifism
Pacifism
Elite Vanguard
Assault Griffin
Runeclaw Bear
Honor of the Pure
Manalith
Fog
Goblin Chieftain
Angel's Mercy
Stave Off
Ponder
Demon's Horn
Island

White looked really open and so did red, but WR is just not very good, so I went monowhite for the first pack, but I saw some decent green cards including a late-ish Llanowar elves. I also picked up coral merfolk in case I go WB.

Second pack I got passed skinshifter, who is fine, so I'm looking at Wg now to go with my green picks fron last pack. Blue looks kind of open too especially with the late looter, which I take in case I open a blue bomb, but not necessarily more so than green and I already have some cards to go with Wg. White was just very open and I am looking at an aggressive Wg deck with decent removal in 2x Pacifism and Lawkeeper as well as some combat tricks.

Third pack white is definitely the color to be in with two more pacifism and an honor of the pure. I also pick up some more low-drops and a very late stave off.

This is the deck I would build...

1 Alabaster Mage
1 Gideon's Lawkeeper
4 Pacifism
2 Assault Griffin
1 Garruk's Companion
1 Llanowar Elves
1 Armored Warhorse
1 Mighty Leap
1 Grand Abolisher
2 Stave Off
1 Skinshifter
1 Timely Reinforcements
1 Titanic Growth
2 Runeclaw Bear
1 Stormfront Pegasus
1 Elite Vanguard
1 Honor of the Pure
10 Plains
7 Forest

deck
creatures (14):
goblin arsonist x3
llanowar elves
goblin fireslinger
stormblood berserker
crimson mage 
runeclaw bear
blood ogre
dungrove elder
cudgel troll x2
lightning elemental
greater basilisk

other spells (9): 
incinerate x2
doom blade x2
shock
tectonic rift
rampant growth x3

land (17):
forest x8
swamp
mountain x8

rg aggro/ramp is like my favourite thing to draft in m12.
Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Pacifism
Assault Griffin
Plummet
Naturalize
Griffin Sentinel
Pride Guardian
Sundial of the Infinite
Lurking Crocodile
Cancel
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Stormfront Pegasus
Stingerfling Spider
Griffin Sentinel
Peregrine Griffin
Vastwood Gorger
Spirit Mantle
Griffin Sentinel
Griffin Rider
Grand Abolisher
Elite Vanguard
Tormented Soul
Demystify
Demystify
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Doom Blade
Pacifism
Pacifism
Plummet
Assault Griffin
Blood Ogre
Honor of the Pure
Skywinder Drake
Giant Spider
Fling
Firebreathing
Goblin Tunneler
Ponder
Demon's Horn
Island

Creatures:
1 Elite Vanguard
1 Gideon's Lawkeeper
1 Stormfront Pegasus
1 Alabaster Mage
1 Griffin Rider
1 Grand Abolisher
3 Griffin Sentinel
1 Lurking Crocodile
2 Assault Griffin
1 Peregrine Griffin
1 Stingerfling Spider
1 Vastwood Gorger
___

Other Spells:
3 Pacifism
1 Naturalize
2 Plummet
1 Honor of the Pure
1 Spirit Mantle
___

Land:
11 Plains
6 Forest
___

Focusing on white early paid off, a second Griffin Rider would have been sweet.  Anyhow the deck is quick, with a potent airforce and plenty of tools to deal with any opposing flyers.  I like my chances.
Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Pacifism
Assault Griffin
Plummet
Naturalize
Griffin Sentinel
Pride Guardian
Sundial of the Infinite
Lurking Crocodile
Cancel
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Stormfront Pegasus
Stingerfling Spider
Griffin Sentinel
Peregrine Griffin
Vastwood Gorger
Spirit Mantle
Griffin Sentinel
Griffin Rider
Grand Abolisher
Elite Vanguard
Tormented Soul
Demystify
Demystify
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Doom Blade
Pacifism
Pacifism
Plummet
Assault Griffin
Blood Ogre
Honor of the Pure
Skywinder Drake
Giant Spider
Fling
Firebreathing
Goblin Tunneler
Ponder
Demon's Horn
Island

Creatures:
1 Elite Vanguard
1 Gideon's Lawkeeper
1 Stormfront Pegasus
1 Alabaster Mage
1 Griffin Rider
1 Grand Abolisher
3 Griffin Sentinel
1 Lurking Crocodile
2 Assault Griffin
1 Peregrine Griffin
1 Stingerfling Spider
1 Vastwood Gorger
___

Other Spells:
3 Pacifism
1 Naturalize
2 Plummet
1 Honor of the Pure
1 Spirit Mantle
___

Land:
11 Plains
6 Forest
___

Focusing on white early paid off, a second Griffin Rider would have been sweet.  Anyhow the deck is quick, with a potent airforce and plenty of tools to deal with any opposing flyers.  I like my chances.

I like how your deck turned out.  I would suggest keeping the Plummets and Naturalize in your sideboard, since they are typically sideboard cards, but I don't see anything that should be included in your deck that's in color.  You have to side in Lifelink, Demystify or Pride Guardian for the Plummets if your opponent doesn't have any fliers.  It looks like you will be able to take care of opponents fliers with the resources you already have.  I would be happy playing this deck in draft.

Mono white beats

Elite Vanguardx2
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Grand Abolisher
Alabaster Mage
Assault Griffin
Griffin Sentinelx2
Armored Warhorsex3
Stormfront Pegasusx2
Auromancer
Stonehorn Dignitaryx2

Honor of the Pure
Pacifismx4
Spirit Mantle  

18 Plains  

Here's what I did:                     If anyone has suggestion on this deck or drafting in gerenal, that would be greatly appriciated, I'm rather new.
                                                 My plan is 12 plains and 8 forests, get anything to do with life, the bears and the baslisk and gorger for power.

Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Arachnus Web
Lifelink
Garruk's Companion
Fog
Llanowar Elves
Divine Favor
Gladecover Scout
Armored Warhorse
Mighty Leap
Mighty Leap
Lifelink
Forest
Mountain

Round 2:
Grand Abolisher
Elite Vanguard
Angel's Feather
Skinshifter
Vastwood Gorger
Greater Basilisk
Autumn's Veil
Armored Warhorse
Demon's Horn
Runeclaw Bear
Reclaim
Angel's Feather
Demystify
Forest
Swamp

Round 3:
Fog
Sacred Wolf
Angel's Mercy
Elite Vanguard
Sacred Wolf
Angel's Mercy
Lurking Crocodile
Manalith
Giant Spider
Unsummon
Stave Off
Plains
Hunter's Insight
Demon's Horn
Island

Round 1:
Alabaster Mage
Gideon's Lawkeeper
Pacifism
Assault Griffin
Plummet
Naturalize
Griffin Sentinel
Pride Guardian
Sundial of the Infinite
Lurking Crocodile
Cancel
Levitation
Lifelink
Dragon's Claw
Mountain

Round 2:
Stormfront Pegasus
Stingerfling Spider
Griffin Sentinel
Peregrine Griffin
Vastwood Gorger
Spirit Mantle
Griffin Sentinel
Griffin Rider
Grand Abolisher
Elite Vanguard
Tormented Soul
Demystify
Demystify
Brink of Disaster
Swamp

Round 3:
Doom Blade
Pacifism
Pacifism
Plummet
Assault Griffin
Blood Ogre
Honor of the Pure
Skywinder Drake
Giant Spider
Fling
Firebreathing
Goblin Tunneler
Ponder
Demon's Horn
Island

Creatures:
1 Elite Vanguard
1 Gideon's Lawkeeper
1 Stormfront Pegasus
1 Alabaster Mage
1 Griffin Rider
1 Grand Abolisher
3 Griffin Sentinel
1 Lurking Crocodile
2 Assault Griffin
1 Peregrine Griffin
1 Stingerfling Spider
1 Vastwood Gorger
___

Other Spells:
3 Pacifism
1 Naturalize
2 Plummet
1 Honor of the Pure
1 Spirit Mantle
___

Land:
11 Plains
6 Forest
___

I like how your deck turned out.  I would suggest keeping the Plummets and Naturalize in your sideboard, since they are typically sideboard cards, but I don't see anything that should be included in your deck that's in color.  You have to side in Lifelink, Demystify or Pride Guardian for the Plummets if your opponent doesn't have any fliers.  It looks like you will be able to take care of opponents fliers with the resources you already have.  I would be happy playing this deck in draft.

Thanks for the comment Griffyn, but consider what sideboard options I have:

1 Giant Spider
1 Pride Guardian
1 Lifelink
2 Demystify
1 Sundial of the Infinite
1 Doomblade

Giant Spider is decent, but it makes my deck more defensive and without further knowledge of my opponent it's not preferred.  If I see multiple 3/3 ground pounders coming my why, I might reconsider.  While Plummet will take out a big flyer and you can expect to face them in M12 (Dragons, Demons, Sphinxs, Djinns, Angels) and Plummet removes them while the Giant Spider is just a speed bump. Also Naturalize too is likely to be preferred maindeck v. Pacifism, O-Ring, Arachnus Web, Mind Control, etc., all things likely to stymy my offense, but were I to maindeck GS it'd be replacing Naturalize.  Beside not only is GS not very good, if my opponent has Mind Control I'm providing him with just what he needs to shut dowon my offense.

Pride Guardian is sooo defensive and I've already got two better one drops.

Lifelink - ick.

Demystify is very much a sideboard card, got to see some heavy nastiness before playing this narrow card.

Sundial is a wacky card with very limited utility, Grand Abolisher does the best stuff this does only and way better.

Doomblade could be splashed but being WG with heavily dominant white I passed up Rampant Growth opportunities.  Were I to maindeck it, I'd drop Naturalize, a Plains, and a Forest, in favor of it plus two Swamps.  And I just might do this after two games or a single long game in which Naturalize had no good targets.  But considering how hard it is for me to play I much prefer Plummet main deck.

In summary,  what might often be considered sideboard cards can in the right context be the best maindeck cards, and that helps keep Magic interesting.