[Archetype] G/X Aggro

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
"G/X Aggro??" Wait, why the X? Shouldn't it just be "G/R"?
Actually, there seem to be quite a few interesting variants running around these days, and while trying to run Junk Pod, I myself noticed that my best plays didn't rely on Pod at all; Turn 2 Blade Splicer simply ruined everyone's day, which is an easy play for G/W Aggro to consistently pull. The variants all have their pros and cons, but yes, the reason this Thread is even in the Tier 1 Tournament Center is obviously because G/R Aggro has been consistently posting good numbers lately.

So why should I play some variant of this deck?
G/X Aggro is an incredibly fast deck, capable of winning by Turn 4 or 5 if not answered very quickly. Stabilizing against it can also be very hard, as some of their creatures resist removal quite well, or provide you with extra bodies and/or other effects that all just tend to dominate the Board unless (again) quickly answered. With so many Mana Dorks and fast creatures to play out, G/X decks are also the premiere users of whichever sword variant you prefer to use.

Okay, looks interesting. What are the matchups like?
Though this certainly depends on the variant you're running, most forms of G/X Aggro have decent matchups with everything. They're sometimes just too fast and/or resilient for Control and Ramp to stop them, and most other Aggro decks have a hard time keeping up. Their only problems seem to come from something like Zombies or Frites, but even these matchups are workable, and again, with enough speed, anything is possible.

DECKLISTS
G/R Aggro by Jonas Koestler
Creatures
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Strangleroot Geist
4x Hellrider
4x Huntmaster of the Fells
2x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Thrun, the Last Troll
Total: 23

Spells
4x Gut Shot
4x Incinerate
2x Galvanic Blast
Total: 10

Artifacts
4x Sword of War and Peace
Total: 4

Land
2x Kessig Wolf Run
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Rootbound Crag
6x Mountain
7x Forest

TCD: 60

Sideboard
2x Mental Misstep
2x Mutagenic Growth
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Dismember
2x Traitorous Blood
2x Thrun, the Last Troll
1x Green Sun's Zenith
1x Surgical Extraction
1x Urabrask the Hidden
Total: 15

Summary: This deck reached the Semifinals of the last Grand Prix, losing out to Zombies. However, it chooses to eschew the classic MD Green Sun's Zenith tutor package and just focuses on speed and power. 4 Swords with 8 Dorks means the T2 Sword, T3 Equip and Swing strategy can happen fairly consistently, and every other creature in here is just incredibly fast, deadly, and/or resilient. With Huntmaster giving you an extra body and Shocking things when he flips, Geist and Hellrider swinging immediately and racking up the damage, and Metamorph to either copy one of your own guys for even more pain, or to remove annoying Legendary Creatures, you have a serious threat density going with this list.

Another thing to note is that without the GSZ approach, you can focus on reach with 10 MD burn spells, and of course Kessig Wolf Run to boot. The SB is odd here, but the cards in it are an excellent example of the options available to G/R Aggro SB. The only inclusion I think Mr. Koestler might have wanted in his matchup against Zombies is Wrack with Madness, as it absolutely destroys anyone playing Phyrexian Obliterators.

G/R Aggro by Martin Zimmermann
Creatures
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Llanowar Elves
4x Strangleroot Geist
3x Phyrexian Metamorph
2x Hellrider
1x Daybreak Ranger
1x Thrun, the Last Troll

Planeswalkers
2x Garruk Relentless
Total: 2

Spells
4x Galvanic Blast
4x Green Sun's Zenith
Total: 8

Artifacts
3x Sword of War and Peace
Total: 3

Land
2x Kessig Wolf Run
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Rootbound Crag
5x Mountain
9x Forest
Total: 24

Sideboard
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Incinerate
2x Dismember
2x Sword of Feast and Famine
2x Manabarbs
2x Batterskull
1x Naturalize
1x Acidic Slime
1x Urabrask the Hidden

Summary: Another semifinalist at GP Lille, this deck runs the classic Green Sun's Zenith-style of play, tutoring out whatever threat might be most beneficial at any given time. This allows for Thrun to remain a 1-of and still see play consistently, as well as not appearing in the SB at all. Daybreak Ranger also shows up as a tutor target, as he sometimes makes up for the lack of removal in a deck with GSZ. However, Garruk is also seeing play here, and can perform multiple functions; from removal to tutoring to just providing you bodies against Control decks, he has multiple uses, though his ultimate ability is very rarely used. It could definitely end, say, a Mirror Match fairly effectively, though.

The SB here also features the more classic cards you'd generally see in G/R SBs, like Feast and Famine or Manabarbs to finish off those pesky Control decks that just. Won't. Die already! The Batterskulls are interesting, but I could definitely see them coming in against other aggro decks. After all, why race them if you can sit back with a Vigilant Lifelinker and win at your own speed?

G/W Aggro by C_L
Creatures
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Strangleroot Geist
4x Blade Splicer
4x Hero of Bladehold
3x Avacyn's Pilgrim
2x Llanowar Elves
2x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2x Thrun, the Last Troll
Total: 25

Planeswalkers
2x Garruk Relentless
Total: 2

Spells
3x Oblivion Ring
2x Dismember
Total: 5

Artifacts
2x Sword of Feast and Famine
2x Sword of War and Peace
Total: 4

Land
3x Gavony Township
4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Sunpetal Grove
5x Plains
8x Forest
Total: 24

Sideboard
3x Grafdigger's Cage
3x Mirran Crusader
3x Timely Reinforcements
2x Celestial Purge
1x Oblivion Ring
1x Sword of Feast and Famine
1x Sword of War and Peace
1x Thrun, the Last Troll

Summary: Though G/X Aggro hasn't made much of a splash in bigger tournaments so far, this deck has most of the explosiveness of the G/R variant with a bit more focus on the mid-game. What you lack in burn, though, you gain back in terms of Oblivion Ring's versatility and Blade Splicer being able to lock out many other Aggro decks before they can really get going. Thalia is also rather nice against a whole slew of cards you really don't want ruining your day. Last of all, SB options for White are almost always better than what Red has available. Purge is just more O-Ring (but cheaper and faster) against Red and Black, while Mirran Crusader can single-handedly decide certain matchups. Stick a Sword of War and Peace on one and nothing but a Vapor Snag gives him pause.

The downside is that you have no options for tutoring out most of your game-ending cards; GSZ can tutor out Geists in either deck, but only G/R has Huntmaster. You're also VERY reliant on your Dorks in most matchups (which is why I run 9 of them), meaning Mortarpod, Gut Shot, or Tragic Slip can REALLY ruin your day, as well. G/R doesn't tend to have this problem, as they curve out fairly easily, whereas G/W tends to pack a lot into fairly small spaces. Last of all, Township is generally just not quite as good as Kessig; Mass Removal is a big problem for you, whereas G/R only needs one guy with Haste and a single Kessig to win the next turn.
Resident Logic Cannon
Here's the list I played at SCG Open Sacramento.

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Strangleroot Geist
1 Daybreak Ranger
4 Huntmaster of the Fells
2 Hellrider
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Acidic Slime
2 Garruk Relentless
2 Sword of Feast and Famine
2 Sword of War and Peace
4 Galvanic Blast
2 Red Sun's Zenith
4 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Copperline Gorge
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Kessig Wolf Run
8 Forest
5 Mountain

—-

2 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Manabarbs
2 Corrosive Gale
2 Dismember
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Naturalize
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Tree of Redemption

Considering it was the largest event I'd been to and I had many last minute tweaks I wasn't too sad about how it did. Given my multiple misplays throughout the day I placed 84/330. The over all record was

UB Zombies 2-0
Jund Ramp 2-1
Wu Humans 0-2
UB Control 1-2
UB Control 2-1
UB Heartless Lich 0-2
UB Heartless Lich 2-1
Tempered Steel 2-1
Esper Control 0-2

5-4

Despite my overall record being quite lackluster, I don't feel like any matchup was that bad aside from Tempered Steel (a nut draw feels impossible to deal with). My first 2 match losses were not play related (mull to 5 with 1/2 lands) and the last two, well, just played poorly to be honest.

Not sure on what changes I'll be making. Garruk main and Metamorph were pretty underwhelming all day. Tree and Naturalize in the board were much of the same. Might bump Manabarbs up to 3 after watching UB just sit and die once 1 resolves.

I really love this deck because it's aggressive, potentially very explosive, yet still feels very "fair".
My Trade Thread My Decks: Standard: Esper Control, Junk Rites Modern: Twin Legacy: Sac Land Tendrils, Oops All Spells (Under Construction) Pauper: UB Post My Magic Blog "9/10 decks I make are terrible; and I make A LOT of decks!" -Pat Chapin
Here's a G/B version my friend was gonna run at our FNM.

4 Evolving wilds
10 Forests
8 Swamps
22 Lands

4 Lanowar Elves (till he can get a playset of birds)
4 Strangleroot Geist
4 Dawntreader Elk (helps with ramp)
3 Ambush Viper (should he keep these in or replace him with something else?) 
3 Skinrender
2 Grave Titan 
2 Fume Spitter 
2 Entomb Exarch
1 Brutalizer Exarch   
1 Runescarred Demon
26 Creatures

4 Rampart Growth
4 Doomblade 
2 Mutagenic Growth
1 Tribute to Hunger
1 Dismember
12 Other Spells
Here's the list I played at SCG Open Sacramento.

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Strangleroot Geist
1 Daybreak Ranger
2 Hellrider
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Acidic Slime
2 Garruk Relentless
2 Sword of War and Peace
4 Galvanic Blast
2 Red Sun's Zenith
4 Green Sun's Zenith
4 Copperline Gorge
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Kessig Wolf Run
8 Forest
5 Mountain

—-

2 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Manabarbs
2 Corrosive Gale
2 Dismember
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Naturalize
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Tree of Redemption

Considering it was the largest event I'd been to and I had many last minute tweaks I wasn't too sad about how it did. Given my multiple misplays throughout the day I placed 84/330. The over all record was

UB Zombies 2-0
Jund Ramp 2-1
Wu Humans 0-2
UB Control 1-2
UB Control 2-1
UB Heartless Lich 0-2
UB Heartless Lich 2-1
Tempered Steel 2-1
Esper Control 0-2

5-4

Despite my overall record being quite lackluster, I don't feel like any matchup was that bad aside from Tempered Steel (a nut draw feels impossible to deal with). My first 2 match losses were not play related (mull to 5 with 1/2 lands) and the last two, well, just played poorly to be honest.

Not sure on what changes I'll be making. Garruk main and Metamorph were pretty underwhelming all day. Tree and Naturalize in the board were much of the same. Might bump Manabarbs up to 3 after watching UB just sit and die once 1 resolves.

I really love this deck because it's aggressive, potentially very explosive, yet still feels very "fair".

Why are you running cage in the board? It hoses your two best cards, GSZ and Strangelroot....

Website for my radio series: http://www.cyrusbalesfilms.co.uk/id2.html For the facebook group of my radio series, search for "Who will save us now?" Please join! Follow my regular articles on: http://www.manaleak.com/mtguk/
Honestly, it was a thoughtless last minute add; a knee-jerk reaction to number of people I heard talking about Frites. The sideboard has now changed a bit.
My Trade Thread My Decks: Standard: Esper Control, Junk Rites Modern: Twin Legacy: Sac Land Tendrils, Oops All Spells (Under Construction) Pauper: UB Post My Magic Blog "9/10 decks I make are terrible; and I make A LOT of decks!" -Pat Chapin
Alrighty, so I am currently running a G/r/b deck that is rather vicious but susceptible to control.
Here is the decklist:

I playtest this using tappedout.net, so I never have a chance to use the sideboard.
Opinions?
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/18.jpg)

Alrighty, so I am currently running a G/r/b deck that is rather vicious but susceptible to control.
Here is the decklist:

I playtest this using tappedout.net, so I never have a chance to use the sideboard.
Opinions?

You clearly have a huge lack of understanding about a number of very basic MtG principles.

1) This is in no way an Aggro deck. An aggro deck is about playing undercosted efficient threats to kill the opponent before they get a chance to play their powerful spells. It is critically tempo-oriented.

Your list has a bunch of ramp, which is effectively giving your opponent a free turn every time you cast it. None of your threats other than Strangleroot Geist establish a meaningful board presence. You're basically totally reliant on your opponent not doing anything all game to actually beat them down. You run FAR too much pump and nowhere near enough bodies to carry it.

2) Running more colours makes your deck a lot worse than it has to be. You should only add another colour when it is either required or the power of the cards gained justify the impact on the manabase, and you should never run more than a single colour if you only have one set of dual lands.

3) Your sideboard is a complete write-off because you don't understand what a sideboard is for. A sideboard is not just "15 cards that I would have liked in my maindeck but couldn't fit". A sideboard is where you put narrow but decisive cards that shift win% of an unfavourable matchup. Cards like Combust, for instance, are very good against UW Humans but they're completely useless against Wolf Run Ramp. You put those cards in your SB because they're too risky to have in the maindeck, but you always want to have them for Game 2 and Game 3 in a Delver matchup because they improve your win% significantly if you draw them.

I think you need to go and read some of the Magic fundamentals. Paulo Vitor Damo Da Rosa has a series of articles on ChannelFireball.com that discuss Aggro and Control archetypes, and what they mean and do, which I think would be very valuable. You should also look at the last few Grand Prix and Pro Tour Top 8 decks to get an idea of what a competitive deck looks like and how it works. Mike Flores' articles (before the preview weeks) are also useful for explaining those decks.

As a minor point, the abbreviation for blue is the letter U, not the letter B. The letter B represents black. The mnemonic to remember is "Woo-berg" = W U B R G. 
Here is the decklist:

Opinions?

You clearly have a huge lack of understanding about a number of very basic MtG principles.

1) This is in no way an Aggro deck. An aggro deck is about playing undercosted efficient threats to kill the opponent before they get a chance to play their powerful spells. It is critically tempo-oriented.

Your list has a bunch of ramp, which is effectively giving your opponent a free turn every time you cast it. None of your threats other than Strangleroot Geist establish a meaningful board presence. You're basically totally reliant on your opponent not doing anything all game to actually beat them down. You run FAR too much pump and nowhere near enough bodies to carry it.

2) Running more colours makes your deck a lot worse than it has to be. You should only add another colour when it is either required or the power of the cards gained justify the impact on the manabase, and you should never run more than a single colour if you only have one set of dual lands.

3) Your sideboard is a complete write-off because you don't understand what a sideboard is for. A sideboard is not just "15 cards that I would have liked in my maindeck but couldn't fit". A sideboard is where you put narrow but decisive cards that shift win% of an unfavourable matchup. Cards like Combust, for instance, are very good against UW Humans but they're completely useless against Wolf Run Ramp. You put those cards in your SB because they're too risky to have in the maindeck, but you always want to have them for Game 2 and Game 3 in a Delver matchup because they improve your win% significantly if you draw them.

I think you need to go and read some of the Magic fundamentals. Paulo Vitor Damo Da Rosa has a series of articles on ChannelFireball.com that discuss Aggro and Control archetypes, and what they mean and do, which I think would be very valuable. You should also look at the last few Grand Prix and Pro Tour Top 8 decks to get an idea of what a competitive deck looks like and how it works. Mike Flores' articles (before the preview weeks) are also useful for explaining those decks.

As a minor point, the abbreviation for blue is the letter U, not the letter B. The letter B represents black. The mnemonic to remember is "Woo-berg" = W U B R G. 

Okay, so what I got from that is A: cut down on ramp, B: cut a color unless I an make it relevant, and C: patch up the sideboard less.

Concerning the second to last piece, my deck building process is (sadly) similar to Patrick Chapin's: (this is a quote, fyi) 9/10 of my decks are terrible. That is not the whole quote, but you get the meaning. I am trying to make it at least a 5/10 decks. I start with a fun idea, twist it up, playtest it, patch the leaks, cut, copy, paste, etc; until it works, or I somehow make solid gold (insomnia+melodic death metal on Pandora=maaaaaaagic).

And now to address the minor point: I do know this, I just had a mental slip-up and/or typo.

But thank you for the advice, mrindigo.

While a bit harsh, MrIndigo is fairly spot-on. Using the previously-decided-upon deck structures in the OP as inspiration is probably your best bet.
Resident Logic Cannon
While a bit harsh, MrIndigo is fairly spot-on. Using the previously-decided-upon deck structures in the OP as inspiration is probably your best bet.

My only issue so far is that even though there are now more then ever some amazing cards, there still is no real card draw (faithless looting I am looking at you).
So far, a couple of games have ended up with the opponent at 3-1 life, and swinging with more creatures then I, while I stand idly by with no cards in hand, and the big game-enders nowhere in sight.

Is Green Sun's Zenith acceptable in this deck?

Many of the decks above run GSZ, because yes, it is a great addition.
Resident Logic Cannon
Took first in a local GPT with the following list.

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Strangleroot Geist
2 Hellrider
2 Phyrexian Metamorph

2 Sword of War and Peace
1 Batterskull
4 Galvanic Blast
3 Brimstone Volley
4 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Copperline Gorge
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Kessig Wolf Run
9 Forest
5 Mountain

2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Manabarbs
2 Dismember
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Traitorous Blood
2 Corrosive Gale
1 Garruk Relentless
1 Naturalize
1 Wrack with Madness

Didn't lose a match all day and played against UB Zombies, BW Tokens, WRR, and Delver. One thing I loved about the deck was that while no matchup felt like a homerun, none really felt very bad either. The deck isn't too difficult to pilot, but you have to earn your wins.
Took first in a local GPT with the following list.

4 Birds of Paradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Strangleroot Geist
2 Hellrider
2 Phyrexian Metamorph

2 Sword of War and Peace
1 Batterskull
4 Galvanic Blast
3 Brimstone Volley
4 Green Sun's Zenith

4 Copperline Gorge
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Kessig Wolf Run
9 Forest
5 Mountain

2 Ratchet Bomb
2 Manabarbs
2 Dismember
2 Ancient Grudge
2 Traitorous Blood
2 Corrosive Gale
1 Garruk Relentless
1 Naturalize
1 Wrack with Madness

Didn't lose a match all day and played against UB Zombies, BW Tokens, WRR, and Delver. One thing I loved about the deck was that while no matchup felt like a homerun, none really felt very bad either. The deck isn't too difficult to pilot, but you have to earn your wins.

One thing I am curious about is the Manabarbs in the side. Does it really do anything?

Yeah. If you get in just a few swings aginst ramp or control then resolve it, you will most likely win.
It's pretty good against Frites, too, actually. I've lost a game or two to Barbs.
Resident Logic Cannon
I'm planning a :G::W: humans deck since the AVR cards got spoiled, was hoping that I could get some insight before I start picking some of the cards up

100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
Some of the cards you're running appear to be there because they're new, not because they're good.

Bower Passage should be cut, for a start. 

Somberwald Sage is just inappropriate; it's too fragile and low-efficiency for an Aggro deck, and the extra three mana isn't really going anywhere useful. 

Descendant's Path may not be that good for you, IMO; your creatures are low cost so you're not cheating anything out, and it just seems like it will fuel overcommitment. I'm not totally certain on this, but I'm wary.

I think I'd only run 1 MD Riders of Gavony, if that, and put 2 or so more in the sideboard.

I would go for something like:

4 Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 Champion of the Parish
4 Doomed Traveller
4 Mayor of Avabruck
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Silverblade Paladin
4 Champion of Lambholt
2 Hero of Bladehold
1 Riders of Gavony

4 Gather the Townsfolk
2 Oblivion Ring
2 Angelic Destiny

4 Razorverge Thicket
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Cavern of Souls
3-4 Gavony Township
4 Plains
2-3 Forest 
I was tempted towards Mayor of Avabruck but wasn't sure how reliable it would be

Bower Passage is more a meta choice, 9 out of 10 people here currently play spirits or delver and it seems like this would be a fairly low cost way to get around them, though it may be better in SB.
100th post 29/01/12 500th post 19/05/12 1000th post 19/07/12 How many planeswalkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Show
Better question, what does Nicol Bolas want with the lightbulb?
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/25ceed5d20286936a2014d5e9a9026d2.jpg?v=90000)
I was tempted towards Mayor of Avabruck but wasn't sure how reliable it would be

Bower Passage is more a meta choice, 9 out of 10 people here currently play spirits or delver and it seems like this would be a fairly low cost way to get around them, though it may be better in SB.

Corrosive Gale is a better sideboard plan.

Alrighty, so this is what I have decided to run. I will be buying the pieces as soon as I can.
Any thoughts?

Viridian Emissary is not very good, and the Swords of Body and Mind aren't good enough to play.

I'd go:

-3 Emissary
-2 SoBaM
-1 Primeval Titan
-2 Basic Lands
-1 Green Sun's Zenith

+4 Huntmaster of the Fells (the primary reason to play GR Aggro)
+2 Rootbound Crag
+2 Phyrexian Metamorph
+1 Acidic Slime 
Alright, but I do have my misgivings on Huntmaster. The majority of decks I have played against play 3+ spells each turn.

The more Huntmaster flips the better. Sure, you'd like to swing with a 4/4 trampler more than a vanilla 2/2, but everytime your opponent cast extra spells to try and flip over your huntmaster you're gaining more and more value. Huntmaster has to e my favorite "fair" card that's come out in quite a while.
So while I realize this Thread is fairly dead right now, I have to post this deck somewhere, and this is as good a place as any. I was inspired by Justin Vizaro's recent Brewery article to try to revamp my Naya Humans list, and it's been pretty decent so far. Very powerful, even against a field of creatures, and of course it's simply fantastic when Conscripts can win you the game by herself. Definitely needs more testing (I have yet to see a Malcontent or Hero, so I have no idea how those two will work out), but it seems fairly solid as a starting point.

Human Zoo

Creatures
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Champion of the Parish
4x Mayor of Avabruck
4x Blade Splicer
3x Kessig Malcontents
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2x Hero of Bladehold
2x Zealous Conscripts
Total: 30

Spells
3x Galvanic Blast
2x Cloudshift
2x Bonds of Faith
Total: 7

Land
3x Forest
3x Mountain
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Razorverge Thicket
5x Plains

No Sideboard yet, but otherwise, plenty of great card interactions and even just straight-up power in this deck.

Resident Logic Cannon
So while I realize this Thread is fairly dead right now, I have to post this deck somewhere, and this is as good a place as any. I was inspired by Justin Vizaro's recent Brewery article to try to revamp my Naya Humans list, and it's been pretty decent so far. Very powerful, even against a field of creatures, and of course it's simply fantastic when Conscripts can win you the game by herself. Definitely needs more testing (I have yet to see a Malcontent or Hero, so I have no idea how those two will work out), but it seems fairly solid as a starting point.

Human Zoo

Creatures
4x Avacyn's Pilgrim
4x Champion of the Parish
4x Mayor of Avabruck
4x Blade Splicer
3x Kessig Malcontents
3x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
2x Hero of Bladehold
2x Zealous Conscripts
Total: 30

Spells
3x Galvanic Blast
2x Cloudshift
2x Bonds of Faith
Total: 7

Land
3x Forest
3x Mountain
4x Cavern of Souls
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Razorverge Thicket
5x Plains

No Sideboard yet, but otherwise, plenty of great card interactions and even just straight-up power in this deck.

How important is the instant speedness of Galvanic Blast?

The answer is not-as-much-as-the-exile-of-Pillar-of-Flame. 

Also, Malcontents seems worse than the thing who gives Humans +1/+0 whenever she attacks, or even Hamlet Captain.
A similar discussion over in the W/X Humans thread on Naya lists.

I'd take advantage of some of the better white 3-drops over Kessig Malcontents like Silverblade Paladin and Mirran Crusader.

In the two-drop spot, Lightning Mauler has been testing insane for me. Stormblood Berserker has been suggested as well.

As for the spells, without the doublestrikers I don't see Bonds of Faith being as aggressive as you'd want.

I really want to try out a few Cloudshifts as they are very versatile in this style of deck (especially with more of the Soulbond creatures like Silverblade Paladin and Lightning Mauler ), though they don't help with the biggest bane in sweepers.

The spells I started out with were 3x Sword of War and Peace and 2x Angelic Destiny because T3 Equip/swing is still a scoop to a lot of decks, and Destiny on a Doublestriker can be just as easily.
So... Flinthoof Boar is pretty nuts. Even when you don't have Mountains in play (but you're playing 4 Borderland Ranger by now, right?). It's Strangleroot Geist copies 5-8; sometimes it's better than Strangleroot Geist (yeah, go ahead and Phantasmal Image my guy.)

That is all. 
Is mono green fight club good at all in the curren meta?

Considering Green got some cool new toys in M13, such as Rancor and Thargtusk along with its usual goodies, i would say that Mono Green could be pretty good, or at least not bad.

100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12

Considering Green got some cool new toys in M13, such as Rancor and Thargtusk along with its usual goodies, i would say that Mono Green could be pretty good, or at least not bad.

True just trying to figure out if fight club is going to be any good in standard
Ok, I kinda want to run this since I have more of the cards for this deck then other tier 1 standard decks(Huntmaster of the Fells & Bonfire of the Damned). 

But I don't want to go spend the money on the Sword of War and Peace, are there any good cards to replace these with?  At worst I can play Rancor

Should I go with more burn since I won't be winning some creature battles? 

Or maybe some Zealous Conscripts?
So I got a deck that I like but I am looking for a decent SB vs the other big decks (Delver/Zombies/WB Token/mirror) any ideas?  I am staying away from the Swords because I don't want to spend big money on stuff that will be rotating.

In your list i like Silverheart in the main. Probably over 1 or 2 of your Conscripts. I think 23 lands is where you want to be, even with mana dorks. Also, 3 pillar and 3 Galvanic blast seems a bit much to me. I would go with 4 of one of them or a 3-1 split of pillar to blast. i would also play 4 Rancor.

Garruk Relentless or Batterskull could be good as well. 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
list i've been tinkering with for a while now. would appreciate some feedback on this, since i normally play control style decks.
land 23

8x g/w duals

creatures 31
[deck]4x birds of paradise
3x llanowar elves
4x skinshifter
4x strangleroot geist
4x silverblade paladin
4x hero of bladehold
4x restoration angel
2x wolfir silverheart
2x vorapede

2x sword of war and peace
4x rancor[/deck]

Sideboard
2x sigarda
2x thrun
3x gutshot
1x acidic slime
2x naturalize
3x oblivion ring
2x ratchet bomb

edit: fun stuff, skinshifter while not the best against rdw seems to do great against control and other aggro decks especially when paired with a paladin or silverheart. vorapede with either of the soulbond guys is also a game ender and restoration angel's ability to reset soulbond or save a guy from removal or even take a +1/+1 counter off of one of the undying guys has been pretty useful against DoJ. 

gideon backed up with lots of removal seems to be this decks biggest obstacle, so it's good that not many people play that anymore 
Having 4x Rancor seems bit overzealous. Plus while this being aggro a little control doesn't hurt. I think that why r/g slightly better. Here is my current. Heading to a PTQ in couple of weeks.

Land
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Rootbound Crag
2x Kessig Wolf Run
7x Forest
5x Mountain

Creatures
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Llanowar elves
4x Strangleroot Geist
2x Hellrider
2x Phyrexian Metamorph
1x Wolfir Avenger
1x Thrun, the Last Troll
1x Thundermaw Hellkite
1x Predator Ooze
1x Wolfir Silverheart
1x Acidic Slime
1x Wurmcoil Engine

Planeswalkers
1x Garruk Relentless

Enchantments
1x Rancor

Artifacts
1x

Spells
4x Bonfire of the Damned
2x Pillar of Flame
1x Increasing Savagery
1x Green Sun's Zenith

I haven't decided on my sideboard yet. Will update post when I have. Please critique.
rancor is just to good not to run at least 3 of, in testing games where i actually draw a rancor have almost always gone in my favor. The exception to that being someone killing the creature in response to rancor.

games where i don't get rancor seem to grind on forever as my opponent has more time to stall/chump block with spirit tokens until they can stabalize and makes it easier to race delver an pod(which is getting bigger now).
I'd agree with that.  It's also fun to fling a rancor'ed BoP at them early on when they often can't do a lot about it   All those one off's seem a bit unusual too.  Can't decide Tongue Out
G/W Flicker Aggro.

Lands 23

Sunpetal Grove x4
Gavony Township x1
Cavern of Souls x2
Forest x8
Plains x8

Creatures 24

Arbor elf x1
Avacyn's Pilgrim x3
Birds of Paradise x4
Strangleroot geist x4
Blade Splicer x4
Restoration Angel x4
Thragtusk x3
Acidic Slime x1

Spells 13

Oblivion ring x4
Revenge of the Hunted x4
Faith's Shield x2
Mimic Vat x1
Conjurer's Closet x1
Seance x1

Seance is actually spelled "Séance" and dosnt link despite using the correct character or not. so heres a picture of the card

Seance

At my local store I went 4-1 on wednesday and took 1st place with Naya Aggro/humans.  I am gonna post this here under G/x aggro instead of humans because of it uses a lot of other creatures Other than humans as well.  I can see now why decklists like mine here are doing so good against delver right now...  I played two rounds aginst Delver decks and won against both of them in 2 games.

Sideboard:

[deck]
3 Oblivion Ring
1 Zealous Conscripts
3 Grafdigger's Cage
2 Natualize
2 Mirran Crusader
1 Red Sun's Zenith
1 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
[/deck]
I know this deck is not anything original, but it was my first time since getting back into Magic 6 months ago, where I came in 1st.  The Mayor's are pretty sweet if you can flip one early in the game, and then stay there for a turn or two.