03/22/2012 Sealed Deck Builder

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Sealed Deck Builder, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

This Deck was built in 0:02:45

Total Deck Size: 146
64 Lands
---------------
12 Forest
4 Island
15 Mountain
14 Plains
18 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

39 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Brain Weevil
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Drogskol Captain
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Headless Skaab
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Immerwolf
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Kindercatch
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Sanctuary Cat
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Cannibals
1 Village Ironsmith

43 Other Spells
---------------
1 Artful Dodge
1 Bump in the Night
1 Burning Oil
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Curse of Exhaustion
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Curse of the Bloody Tome
2 Curse of the Pierced Heart
1 Faithless Looting
1 Favor of the Woods
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Furor of the Bitten
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gnaw to the Bone
1 Gruesome Deformity
1 Gruesome Discovery
1 Gutter Grime
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Nevermore
1 Night Terrors
2 Ray of Revelation
2 Reap the Seagraf
1 Saving Grasp
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Skeletal Grimace
1 Spare from Evil
1 Spider Spawning
1 Spiteful Shadows
1 Talons of Falkenrath
1 Thought Scour
1 Tracker's Instincts
1 Tragic Slip
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Undying Evil
2 Urgent Exorcism
1 Vampiric Fury
1 Wreath of Geists

hey guys, what do you think?
I think RWb is the build here. Not much to say about this pool, blue is non existent, the captains can't be supported, and RWb gives you repeatable removal in the flashback spells and skirsdag flayer. Flayer and thrabem doomsayer is obviously a sick combo. We've got undying evil and the mask of avacyn to protect our bombs. Some card advantage/filtering with faithless looting. The mana is very smooth, only a single double colour and a single triple colour spell, with evolving wilds back up. Trying to fit the pitchfork in is a consideration, but i like the idea of bringing it in out of the sideboard for one of the two drop creatures (other than flayer) based on the matchup.

Could see this deck doing well.

This Deck was built in 0:06:12

Total Deck Size: 40
17 Lands
---------------
7 Mountain
7 Plains
2 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Village Ironsmith

8 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Rebuke
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

This Deck was built in 0:08:20

Total Deck Size: 41
17 Lands
---------------
3 Mountain
6 Plains
7 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Village Cannibals

9 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Rebuke
1 Tragic Slip
1 Trepanation Blade

Thought about it for a bit and it seemed W/B with a small splash for R was the best combination. Moonveil Dragon is certainly tempting, but I preffer a more stable base than the obvious bomb. Doing a splash for red lets me take the best red cards in the pool (fires of undeath, Faithless Looting and burning  oil) together with a strong creature (Mondroden Shaman) with very little commitment to the color. Ravenous Demon is in there for the large amount of humans that the deck has, and even then it can pretty much act as a lackluster 4/4 until it flips and basically steals the game in one swing as a 9/9. Only card that really worries me with the mana base is Geralf's Messenger.

My laptop doesn't support half of the deck builder screen, but I have a similar build to @blackfair. I think the red curse ( Curse of Stalked Prey ) is very hot and should be ran along with the possibility of corpse lunge instead of looting and the mask.

Alternatively, green has some awesome 3 & 4 CMC creatures, I may need to give this another look...
I think I would play this version since I like the number of threats. (Also, figured out I could zoom out to see the bottom bar and add lands)

17 Lands
---------------
7 Forest
6 Plains
3 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

18 Creatures
---------------
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Kindercatch
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Cannibals

5 Other Spells
---------------
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Spider Spawning
1 Tragic Slip
1 Travel Preparations
This Deck was built in 0:08:20

18 Lands
---------------
9 Mountain
5 Plains
3 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Crossway Vampire
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Village Ironsmith

8 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Tragic Slip
1 Trepanation Blade

RWb is a really strong build for this pool as previously mentioned. I put in trepanation blade because I am seriously in love with this card, and pull it every draft. It has won so many games for me it's just crazy.
This Deck was built in 0:19:49

18 Lands
---------------
7 Forest
9 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Evolving Wilds

17 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Immerwolf
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Ironsmith

5 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Travel Preparations

Not a very exciting pool, but nonetheless fun trying to make the best of it. Red stands out as the best colour for sure. Not only does it contain both of the pools bombs in Mondronen Shaman and Moonveil Dragon, it has a touch of removal in Burning Oil, Fires of Undeath, and conditionally Torch Fiend and Afflicted Derserter for artifacts. It also has the most decent creatures of any of the colours. I initially thought to pair the red with black since it offered the most additional removal with flashback on Fires of Undeath and Tragic Slip. The creatures black offers though are pretty attrocious, competing for main colour status with double and triple mana costs, and creating a non-aggressive creature curve that starts on 3 mana for a bunch of 2/2 and 3/2 durdles. Not where you want to be against all the faster 2/2 creatures in the format. White was ruled out for much the same reason. Although it does offer better mana with only single mana requirements on many of its solid playables, and consistent flashback on Burning Oil which is easily one of the best cards in this pool, many of white's best cards start at 4 mana and are still only more of the same 2/2 and 3/2 bodies that are already abundant in red. This would offer so many slow starts of 3 drop creature, into 4 drop creature with a glut of similar costed creatures sitting your hand, waiting to be played out one at a time and completely getting outclassed by a simple 4/4 or 5/5. Green seems to be the only likely candidate left, since blue only offers a mere 5 cards to choose from, and nothing powerful enough to even remotely consider. While green doesn't offer much power in the way of creatures, it does have a curve that is considerably lower than the other colours, especially with two Avacyn's Pilgrim potentially jumpstarting the curve to three mana and getting all the four drop werewolves online faster. The two Pilgrims also give the deck more ability to splash white for Slayer of the Wicked and also power the flashback on Burning Oil and Travel Preparations. Before I get to the card choices, let's examine the mana. I chose to play 18 land, using evolving wilds to give better access to the white splash. I would have liked to play 17 land, but with two double red 3 drops and Moonveil Dragon requiring triple red, I couldn't justify less than 9 mountains, while the deck really wants a forest on turn 1 for Pilgrim, making 7 forests the fewest amount that I would consider playing. Faithless Looting should help out, letting you pitch excess lands if you get into a flood situation, and is really only included for that effect. I try to never cast a looting early if I can help it, since you can really fall behind on plays if you have to discard non-land cards. Alright, to the rest of the card choices. Beyond the 1cc spells, the deck has 4 turn 2 plays (barring turn 1 Pilgrim) in Mask of Avacyn, Torch Fiend, Village Ironsmith, and Somberwald Dryad. The creatures are mainly there to fill out the curve and help get Travel Preparations online faster. The Mask, albeit a bit slow, turns all the decks 3/2's into more reasonable 4/4's and helps play around cards like Rebuke and other removal, though with a stiff equip cost, I still wouldn't want to play more than one copy choosing to leave the second one on the sidelines. The 3cc creatures are all pretty good, giving the deck some more early pressure and Immerwolf should be relatively good with the 4 werewolves in the deck. The only 3cc non-creature spell is Fires of Undeath, and while I neglected to include a Swamp for mana consistency reasons, I still think it is fine even if you can never flash it back. On 4 mana, the deck has 3 3/2 werewolves, and while only the Shaman really stands out as really very good, the Afflicted Deserter can start munching opposing equipment while Tormented Pariah flips over into a reasonable Craw Wurm impression. Kessig Recluse is always solid flying defense with a fairly resilient body that shrugs off Geistflame and Fires of Undeath alike while it threatens to trade with your opponent's best attacker. Finally, the splash of Slayer of the Wicked gives one more source or removal. Though limited in scope, the Slayer is just too often a 2-for-1 killing a guy and leaving behind a decent sized body. Nearheath Stalker and Moonveil Dragon top out the curve, making 18 lands with 2 Pilgrim seem a bit excessive, but as I explained my choices for mana requirements at the start, I'll reassert that I'm really leaning on Faithless Looting to help if the deck starts to flood and it really is the only way I could see to make the mana even remotely consistent. Anyhow, this exercise looks to be turning into a novel so I think I'll just leave it at that. Cheers!
This is lazy-mode throw-together week.  Looks like a number of okay decks can be built here.  I went green white.  It's a bit of a stretch for spider spawning or an early(threefore dominant) travel preparations combo'd with equip or tappy fliers.  Oh and don't forget da bear

This Deck was built in 0:06:45

18 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
9 Plains
1 Evolving Wilds

13 Creatures
---------------
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Sanctuary Cat
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Ulvenwald Bear

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gnaw to the Bone
1 Gutter Grime
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Rebuke
1 Spider Spawning
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Wreath of Geists

This Deck was built in 0:11:15

17 Lands
---------------
1 Mountain
6 Plains
9 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

17 Creatures
---------------
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Village Cannibals

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

well thats what i want looked long at red but BWr as above has some excellent synergy and a nice curve, bit light on 2 drops but generally very playable!!! 

This Deck was built in 0:07:48

17 Lands
---------------
6 Forest
9 Mountain
1 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

13 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Avacyn's Pilgrim
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Immerwolf
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Ironsmith

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gutter Grime
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Spider Spawning
1 Tragic Slip
1 Trepanation Blade

I have no idea how good Curse of Stalked Prey is. For the rest, I really wanted to use all that great equipment, for its synergies with the Werewolf package.
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
If there had been more than five Blue cards, UB Zombies would have been great. As is, Red and Green have the deepest pools. You get a semi-Werewolf tribal deck with two 6 drop bombs. I splashed on white for Gather the Townsfolk and the flashback off of Travel Prep and Burning Oil. This pool was much weaker than previous pools, and it was odd to see only one mana fixing card. 

This Deck was built in 0:07:22

18 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
8 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Evolving Wilds

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Crossway Vampire
1 Immerwolf
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Kindercatch
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Ironsmith

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade

After thinking for a while, RW seemed the best option. BW is too color intensive for Geralf's Messenger and I didn't feel like there was enough bombs to make it viable. I did a small green splash for the flashback on Ray of Revelation in case it was ever needed. Curse of the Pierced Heart is incredible in limited, and I've often seen a single one deal 8 damage or more over the course of a game. Curse of Stalked Prey isn't always superb, but I feel the deck runs enough fast creatures and tokens for it to be worth it. A fast Gather the Townsfolk and Curse of Stalked Prey can make for a great opening if your opponent drew a bad hand.
Gutter Grime is an amazing side-board card if you're up against a deck with stronger late-game bombs than you, but I opted for the Dragon because a single Ray of Revelation can easily destroy you, and Mask of Avacyn does a good job at keeping the Dragon safe.

17 Lands
---------------
1 Forest
9 Mountain
6 Plains
1 Evolving Wilds

12 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Elder Cathar
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Village Ironsmith

11 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Gather the Townsfolk
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Ray of Revelation
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Trepanation Blade

This Deck was built in 0:08:33

18 Lands
---------------
2 Mountain
7 Plains
8 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Village Cannibals

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Spare from Evil
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

Decided to go with a human saccing theme, as that seemed to be the most powerful thing to do with the deck. The Skirsdag Flayer has way, way too many things to sacrifice, and having that kind of repeatable removal available just seemed absurd. In addition, because of Thraben Doomsayer and Gather the Townsfolk, Ravenous Demon/Archdemon of Greed seemed like an excellent win condition. There's not much in the set that can deal with the Demon, and you can even remove it yourself with Skirsdag Flayer if need be. The red splash for removal seemed pretty free considering that I had the Evolving Wilds, and both of them flash back on-color. I may not be able to actually cast Geralf's Messenger very often, but I have nine black sources in the deck (counting the Wilds), so it does not seem too unreasonable, and the card is extremely powerful. Spare from evil is merely ok, but against non-white decks it will often be a reasonable falter effect. I decided not to go with the Drogskol Captain because there were only five other blue cards, making it a splash for one (admittedly powerful) card, and beyond the dragon, there were no other good non-removal cards in red (maybe mondronen shaman, but it dies to everything).

5 Forest
5 Plains
7 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

1 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Kessig Recluse
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Sanctuary Cat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Ulvenwald Bear

1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Spider Spawning
1 Tragic Slip
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Undying Evil

This Deck was built in 0:21:45

17 Lands
---------------
8 Mountain
8 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Village Cannibals
1 Village Ironsmith

8 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gruesome Discovery
1 Skeletal Grimace
1 Tragic Slip

1 Undying Evil

Obvious one. Sealed - consistency, bombs, removal with a bit of tempo not to fall too much behind.

I liked the white better than black, but splashed a couple swamps for the flashback on Fires, Slip, and Flayer.

This Deck was built in 0:05:03

17 Lands
---------------
8 Mountain
5 Plains
3 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

17 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Village Ironsmith

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Tragic Slip

This Deck was built in 0:04:03

17 Lands
---------------
7 Plains
9 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Village Cannibals

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Gather the Townsfolk
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

These sets seem to try to stress certain combos.  The challenge is to find which set-up is really present.  You want removal which makes red very tempting with 2 flashback burn cards, but they have different flashback color combos.  I tend to avoid going to 3 colors unless I have a few ways to produce that color.  With only 1 Evolving Wilds to color fix with, it didn't seem like a good option to splash them in.  And the B/W combo is human and their demise with 5 cards that benefit from being human or having human's die this looks like the combo we have here.

The shame is the we don't have any real recurssion from our black to help with all the human sacrifices, but we do have the Undying Evil to help once, and the Ghoulraiser who would work best if he can pull back your already dead twice Geralf's Messenger in a perfect world.

The cc ramp is very 3 cc heavy, but then these sets seem to always have a glut there.  I have only 4 cc and 1 5 cc so the only real challenge will be for the double (or triple) color cards which are only 4, but tend to be your best 4.  (5 if you add in the flip cost of the Screeching Bat )

so this looks like the best build to me

I have no idea how good Curse of Stalked Prey is. For the rest, I really wanted to use all that great equipment, for its synergies with the Werewolf package.

I find I very much like Curse of Stalked Prey in this environment, but you really want haste or evasion like Artful Dodge or something like it to help you get passed blockers when you want to.  If I have the option to put that in I tend to lean toward putting it in.  The problem with this sealed's options there isn't alot of the cards that create unexpected blocking problems for your opponents, so once you play it, they can protect against it.

This Deck was built in 0:06:52

18 Lands
---------------
9 Mountain
7 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Crossway Vampire
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Village Ironsmith

8 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork

WR seems like the right direction here.  At first it looked like I wanted to go GW with the 2 Avacyn Pilgrims and Travel Preperations, but it quickly became apparent that GW wouldn't have enough to flesh out the deck. Looked to black before realizing there were no "good" creatures. It has enough utility present, but other than the Ravenous Demon it didn't really have any creatures that are going to matter when they hit the board. That put me into red.

There is some synergy between white and red in this pool since we have the Burning Oil, Moonveil Dragon and Curse of Stalked Prey. Regrettably there aren't more token generators to really push the Curse's and Dragon's utility, but it'll still work fine in this deck.

I'm not sure if I should have used both Crossway Vampires and Nearheath Stalker, but I opted one out for the generic Tormented Pariah and Afflicted Deserter simply due to getting a bit more use out of Sharpened Pitchfork.

This Deck was built in 0:04:12

17 Lands
---------------
8 Plains
8 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Village Cannibals

8 Other Spells
---------------
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Night Terrors
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

Here's my WB take on the pool. Initially thought there wouldn't be enough in black to make it a good pairing, but reconsidering it this is probably better than the WR variant. The curve is lower and the human theme is stronger. 

This Deck was built in 0:05:24

17 Lands
---------------
8 Mountain
7 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

17 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Crossway Vampire
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Village Ironsmith

6 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Tragic Slip

I think this is the deck.  I like Undying Evil with white cards that have enter the battlefield effects and "spirit" effects.  If it were a tournament, I think it would come in against removal heavy decks.  Too bad none of the equipment is playable.  I might board in the Sharpened Pitchfork, but Mask of Avacyn is just way too slow for this deck.

3 Island
6 Plains
7 Swamp
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Drogskol Captain
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Curse of Exhaustion
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gruesome Discovery
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Nevermore
2 Reap the Seagraf
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Undying Evil

i made this concept with just 3 island for the captain,you must search only island with evolving wilds (it depends though) if there's some gravepurge,this deck will be awesome,ROCK!

This Deck was built in 0:05:49

17 Lands
---------------
1 Island
6 Mountain
9 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Village Ironsmith

9 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Fires of Undeath
2 Reap the Seagraf
1 Tragic Slip
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Undying Evil

[sblock Mana Curve]1cc - 3
2cc - 6
3cc - 8
4cc - 3
5cc - 2
6cc - 1[/sblock]
Although the lords were enticing, they didn't really flow with the best colors.  I felt that was the strongest color combination.  or may have done well.  Obviously was not an option at all.  I think this is the first time I have ever seen a color so weak in a sealed deck.  5 cards, 6 if you include Drogskol Captain, is ridiculously low.  Red has 3 bombs.  If I had choosen I would have wanted to splash for Stalked Pray and Shaman.  I think I will give that a go with another build.

Maybe the Dragon shouldn't be included in my deck, but I should be able to find 3 Mountains by the time I can play it.  And since the Dragon is the only red creature with multiple , casting red spells should not be a problem.  Messenger may be difficult in this deck, but the power of it is worth waiting for if I have to.  There is a good amount of removal.  Evasion is lacking, but hopefully the persisency of my creatures can push the damage through.  My mana curve has a nice arc.  Is this the type of curve I'm looking for?  I would like more 1cc creatures, but this has plenty at 2cc & 3cc, so I don't think I will lose much ground. 

Let me know what you think of this build.  All advice is appreciated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REVISIONS
After some noticed mistakes, I decided to make some revisions.

-1 Curse of Stalked Prey
-1 Corpse Lunge

Removing Prey because of the negative interaction with undying creatures.  It may not be as effective
with the limited evasion, but undying is the reason.  Removing Lunge, because the more I thought about it, I realized with undying and Skeletons there would be few creatures in the yard.

+1 Plains
+1 Curse of the Pierced Heart

Adding a Plains, because I thought I had the first time around.  I didn't replace another land, because the color requirements are already so intense.  More land to cast the larger creatures is best.  Adding Pierced Heart for early damage, to replace an early attacker.  This is like a 1 power unblockable creature, that is less likely to see removal to kill it.  This helps the big creatures come in to finish off opponent easier.

I also want to clarify, the Wilds should be used to fetch a swamp or mountain in most cases.  Unless a flashback card is in the yard and I wan to replay it.  Holding it to use later would be ok, to see what color needs fixing.
Ah well everyone else skipped the spirit lord so I forced it to see what would happen, found a pretty nice WGb build:

This Deck was built in 0:06:46

18 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
2 Island
7 Plains
1 Evolving Wilds

12 Creatures
---------------
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Drogskol Captain
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Kindercatch
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Thraben Doomsayer

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gnaw to the Bone
1 Ray of Revelation
1 Rebuke
1 Saving Grasp
1 Thought Scour
1 Tracker's Instincts
1 Travel Preparations
1 Urgent Exorcism
1 Wreath of Geists

This Deck was built in 0:07:38

17 Lands
---------------
2 Island
6 Plains
8 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Drogskol Captain
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Gather the Townsfolk
2 Reap the Seagraf
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

[sblock Mana Curve]1cc - 3
2cc - 6
3cc - 9
4cc - 4
5cc - 1[/sblock]
2nd Build.  I wanted to splash red, but thinning my mana base that much wasn't an option.  Black needs a lot of swamps for Geralf's Messenger.  White has Thraben Doomsayer, which might be tough to cast turn 3 with only 6 plains.  Plus with the Drogskol Captain, and 2 Reap the Seagraf, I wanted 2 islands.  I don't know that splashing red would have been viable.  It would make my , and , 3-drops, much harder to cast.

White seems weaker than red as my secondary color.  I included Sharpened Pitchfork and Drogskol Captain to help increase white's power.  I would rather have Mask of Avacyn, both prefered, instead of the Pitchfork.  The Mask would help my fliers and be very beneficial to Doomsayer, as I'm sure he will be a big target.  But maybe the Pitchfork is better for my black creatures.  What do you think?

This build is a very creature intense.  With 16 creatures and 3 spells that create creatures, 5 with flashback, pounding the opponent shouldn't be a problem.  And with the recursion of the black creatures, and Undying Evil it will seem like even more.  This is a more aggressive deck than my previous build.  It has the same number of hardcast removal spells, except the white removal is conditional and doesn't include flashback.  I just realized I forgot to include a plains in my previous build for Burning Oil, oops.  This deck may be able to kill opponents quicker, but I still feel my previous deck is stronger.

Please, critque both of my builds.  Constructive criticism of course.
WBR is the most solid combination. The removal is spectacular, and the humans make for a really smooth curve with a ton of powerful interactions.

On the other hand, if you play like a crazy person, you could also go RGwb. Play all of the bombs! Play all the removal! Go for the Ironsmith into Immerwolf into play+flashback Travel Prep! Live the dream of putting 12 spiders and 5 oozes onto the battlefield, and then give them all +5/+0 with your dragon so you can swing for a bajillion!

17 Lands
---------------
6 Forest
8 Mountain
1 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Immerwolf
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Ironsmith

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gutter Grime
1 Spider Spawning
1 Travel Preparations

I put in trepanation blade because I am seriously in love with this card, and pull it every draft. It has won so many games for me it's just crazy.

I agree.  This card is awesome!!!  I'm surprised more people don't play it.  It's great for mill and/or a power boost.  It doesn't cost to activate once it's on a creature, that's a huge plus.
This Deck was built in 0:11:42

17 Lands
---------------
7 Mountain
1 Plains
8 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Manor Skeleton
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Village Cannibals
1 Village Ironsmith

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Mask of Avacyn
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

RB splash Plains for flashback cost.  Nothing special of note.  I chose to play equipments over Curse of Stalked Prey due to the "less-good" interaction w/ Undying creatures. 

This Deck was built in 0:06:45

18 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
9 Plains
1 Evolving Wilds

13 Creatures
---------------
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Sanctuary Cat
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Ulvenwald Bear

10 Other Spells
---------------
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gnaw to the Bone
1 Gutter Grime
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Rebuke
1 Spider Spawning
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Wreath of Geists

Why not include Sharpened Pitchfork?  You include the three other equipment and left out the one most useful to this deck.  With 7 human creature cards and ways to generate human creature tokens, this card is almost a must.  For combat purposes, it is better than Mask of Avacyn, and it's cheaper to cast and equip.  If you want to leave both Masks in, take out the Gnaw to the Bone.

Gnaw shouldn't be in the deck to start.  I understand there isn't much to choose from.  shouldn't be played together unless there is a splash, that is still pushing it.  This color combo has a limited selection of good cards, making a weak deck.  At least include the best green creatures in the pool, Orchard Spirit.  An evasive 2/2 for 3 cmc.  Equip it with one of the many choices in the deck.
If there had been more than five Blue cards, UB Zombies would have been great. As is, Red and Green have the deepest pools. You get a semi-Werewolf tribal deck with two 6 drop bombs. I splashed on white for Gather the Townsfolk and the flashback off of Travel Prep and Burning Oil. This pool was much weaker than previous pools, and it was odd to see only one mana fixing card.

This pool is really good.  It has several bombs, more than I've seen in most pools.  Majority are in red, but still, other than blue, each color has decent rares.  The lords only there to coerce you into playing those colors.  The mana fixing is average, or slightly above include both Avacyn's Pilgrims.
This Deck was built in 0:16:23

16 Lands
---------------
8 Forest
7 Mountain
1 Evolving Wilds

14 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Crossway Vampire
1 Immerwolf
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Ironsmith

11 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gutter Grime
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Spider Spawning
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Wreath of Geists

Red-green has a nice selection with decent pump-up.  A forest walker and an intimadeter if pumped-up and can bypass blockers could be devistating to an opponent.   The only down side is that no enchanment removal in green.  Ah well. we do what we can.

Freedom's just another word for nothing-left-to-lose. - Kris Kristoferson (sung by Janis Joplin)

This Deck was built in 0:02:45

Total Deck Size: 146
64 Lands
---------------
12 Forest
4 Island
15 Mountain
14 Plains
18 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

39 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
2 Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 Brain Weevil
2 Crossway Vampire
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Drogskol Captain
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Ghoulraiser
1 Headless Skaab
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
1 Immerwolf
1 Kessig Recluse
1 Kindercatch
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Nearheath Stalker
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Orchard Spirit
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Sanctuary Cat
1 Screeching Bat
1 Sightless Ghoul
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Somberwald Dryad
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Torch Fiend
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Ulvenwald Bear
1 Village Cannibals
1 Village Ironsmith

43 Other Spells
---------------
1 Artful Dodge
1 Bump in the Night
1 Burning Oil
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Curse of Exhaustion
1 Curse of Stalked Prey
1 Curse of the Bloody Tome
1 Faithless Looting
1 Favor of the Woods
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Furor of the Bitten
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Gnaw to the Bone
1 Gruesome Deformity
1 Gruesome Discovery
1 Gutter Grime
2 Mask of Avacyn
1 Nevermore
1 Night Terrors
2 Ray of Revelation
2 Reap the Seagraf
1 Saving Grasp
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Skeletal Grimace
1 Spare from Evil
1 Spider Spawning
1 Spiteful Shadows
1 Talons of Falkenrath
1 Thought Scour
1 Tracker's Instincts
1 Tragic Slip
1 Travel Preparations
1 Trepanation Blade
1 Undying Evil
2 Urgent Exorcism
1 Vampiric Fury
1 Wreath of Geists

hey guys, what do you think?

Too many colors and too big for a sealed format if you ask me, but gutsy.

Freedom's just another word for nothing-left-to-lose. - Kris Kristoferson (sung by Janis Joplin)

This Deck was built in 0:01:34

17 Lands
---------------
3 Mountain
6 Plains
8 Swamp

16 Creatures
---------------
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Geralf's Messenger
1 Hollowhenge Spirit
2 Manor Skeleton
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Screeching Bat
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Village Cannibals

7 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Faithless Looting
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

I felt the best way to go here was  U/B/r with a sacrifice theme, as Doomsayer with the Demon and Flayer seems very helpful. The Demon can even be a Fateful Hour enabler! 

This Deck was built in 0:07:49

17 Lands
---------------
6 Mountain
7 Plains
3 Swamp
1 Evolving Wilds

15 Creatures
---------------
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Gavony Ironwright
1 Mondronen Shaman
1 Moonveil Dragon
1 Niblis of the Mist
1 Niblis of the Urn
1 Ravenous Demon
1 Skirsdag Flayer
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Thraben Doomsayer
1 Tormented Pariah
1 Village Cannibals
1 Village Ironsmith

8 Other Spells
---------------
1 Burning Oil
1 Curse of the Stalked Prey
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gather the Townsfolk
1 Rebuke
1 Sharpened Pitchfork
1 Tragic Slip
1 Undying Evil

I wanted to make the most use out of the Demon, so here is my human sealed deck.  11 human creature cards with Townsfolk and Doomsayer to add more.  Plenty of sac sorces for the Demon and Flayer.  Some of the humans are subpar, but that is what you get in a human sealed deck.  I threw in the 2 Niblis for some early evasion.  Pitchfork fits in perfectly.  The Dragon the unexpected bomb in the deck.  Yeah, the Demon and Dragon may cause problems with color requirements, but they are late enough I'm hoping to found all the lands I need by then.  I have 7 Plains because I want to cast Doomsayer on turn 3.  The Wilds should be used to get my second Swamp or third Mountain, that is the ideal situation.  With the Flayer, you should be able to keep the board clear, making the Stalked Prey very useful.  No undying creatures to worry about with the Prey (I missed that in my first build).  This should be very fast, with a little power late game.  Wish there was more room for both the Curse of the Pierced Heart.  How does this deck compare?