What's in the Helvault?

115 posts / 0 new
Last post
So with the announcement of mini Helvault at pre-release events, do we have any idea what they would put in them?

Since it is a treasure that all players will share, it would have to be something in multiples.
Story wise, I think it would be awesome to have promo Avacyn and Griselbrand cards as the treasure (since they will be released from the vault). Or a mix of promo angels and demons. I'm not sure how likely that would be to have multiple promo cards.

My other though would be dice or life counters, they seem to be easy to distribute evenly among players.
Other thoughts:
Promo token cards.
Temporary Tattoos (like they had with the mana symbols, etc)
M&Ms again (but doubtful)
Packs (again maybe doubtful since packs aren't something too special).

Either way, it should be exciting to see what they do with it!
New Article! Roxie Cards
One copy of everything on the reserve list.

Seriously though it's probably tokens. 
Probably niche tokens, like demons, angels, vampires. Maybe 1x Avacyn and griselbrand to be given to winners.
A career for the next Geraldo.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
It's obviously a real lady dressed as avacyn, and a bunch of dudes dressed as demons.  It would just be very cramped in there.
Nah Nah Nah... Nah Nah Nah... SPORTSCENTER... THE PLACE FOR SPORTS
Looking at that link about the price of winning legacy decks makes me wonder. There is no frakkin way Counterspell costs $1.50. It's a common, printed as an uncommon until Fifth, a common from Fifth to Seventh, and a common in every large set from Ice Age to Mercadian Masques.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
Mint ones are $1 at the cheapest, Magic was printed in smaller quantities then.
blah blah metal lyrics
I got a playset for 5 cents a piece, slightly used condition.
Overheard FNM speculation was it contains leftover Halloween candy.
Mint ones are $1 at the cheapest, Magic was printed in smaller quantities then.

Okay, so why don't I feel so much better about having hundreds of mint-condition counterspells?

That, and Mana Drain is strictly better.
139359831 wrote:
My guess is a slightly smaller Helvault. And inside that one, an even smaller Helvault. And so on.

You know, as a joke. 
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
My guess is a slightly smaller Helvault. And inside that one, an even smaller Helvault. And so on.

And in the very smallest one is a copy of the card Helvault.
blah blah metal lyrics

And in the very smallest one is a copy of the card Helvault.

And if you rub the helvault part of the card with a coin, you'll find a small picture of the card helvault
Anyone got the idea of the dimension of the helvault? I'm thinking it will be something along 40 cm * 40 cm * 80 cm. (around 1.2 * 1.2 * 2.4 feets for you weirdo americans)

Good job to WoTC for the mystery, but I sure as hell hope it's not a letdown, I'd be overly angry if it was a silly prize like the M&M that someone mentionned, during each pre-release, around the world, I'm pretty sure they make several millions of sales...

Unless M&M means Mazda&Mercedes
I love trolls Dont hate me because I'm blunt and you cannot handle it
Honestly, I expect it'll be promo cards, booster packs, sleeves, deck boxes, that sort of thing.
blah blah metal lyrics
Crazy purple knockout gas!

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Snarky fortunes, duh. "You won't win at this prerelease. Your lucky number today isn't 20; it's 0. Get used to seeing it."
Snarky fortunes, duh. "You won't win at this prerelease. Your lucky number today isn't 20; it's 0. Get used to seeing it."

That would be amazing and I would love Wizards forever for doing it.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

Cheese. The Helvault should be full of cheese. Preferably a giant fondue.
Because, let's face it, who doesn't love cheese?
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Overheard FNM speculation was it contains leftover Halloween candy.

Cuz its actually a pinata.
A veto slip for the reserved list.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Cheese. The Helvault should be full of cheese. Preferably a giant fondue.
Because, let's face it, who doesn't love cheese?

Well, the Helvault is a piece of the moon.

But I second Mown's idea.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
A cheese fondue pinata? Kind of messy...
A cheese fondue pinata? Kind of messy...

... but fun!

*Imagines the tournament director announcing "Okay, it's time to open the Helvault! Please move all your decks away from the vicinity, especially the unsleeved mythics."*
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
When will the stores know if they are getting a helvault kit for their prerelease event? I've asked my main store, he applied but doesn't know if he'll get one yet...

Will canadian stores even get some?
Why wouldnt they? The only exception might be Quebec, laws and language barrier.

There's a lot of ridiculous combination of laws present in Quebec that makes it hard for certain contest to get through. Althrough those laws have a valid reason to exist (protecting french, preventing gambling, etc) If you combine them, it's a bureaucratic nightmare and compagnies simply say "available everywhere in Canada, except Quebec". It happen with several contest/rewards I could get from various things, not just magic, but including magic. I had to ask a friend in the US to go to his store with my voucher to get the duel of the planeswalker game promo card and mail it to me. I still owe him a beer
Yeah I hear ya MoiMoi, I live in the province of quebec myself.
Boxes upon boxes of Dunkaroos are in the Helvault
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
pffffffft it's obviously going to be the worst card in the entire Innistrad block reprinted as mythic rare foil! God if they did that I would laugh so hard at all the people that went.

I thi nk it's actually going to be Avacyn though. Avacyn or the demon she is trapped with. 50/50 of getting either one would be pretty freakin epic.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Maybe a firework spectaculer!
MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC!!!!!!!!
Avacyn probably. Maybe Griselbrand too. Avacyn's card isn't too great for her not to be a promo.
Did the Mayan calendar take into account the simultaneous opening of hundreds of Helvaults across the world?

I'm also betting on Wizards Play Network to send an e-mail to tournament organizers that apologizes for forgetting to include "Hope" in the Helvault as per the enclosed packing list and that it will be delivered with the next FNM promo shipment... 
Did the Mayan calendar take into account the simultaneous opening of hundreds of Helvaults across the world?

Alara's already going through an apocalypse.

(An aside: The Mayan calendar doesn't actually say that. The whole "end of the world part" was invented by some New Age guru in the 80s.)

I'm also betting on Wizards Play Network to send an e-mail to tournament organizers that apologizes for forgetting to include "Hope" in the Helvault as per the enclosed packing list and that it will be delivered with the next FNM promo shipment... 

But it does include an overcosted card.
139359831 wrote:
I spoke to the owner of one of my Local Comic Shops who runs the Magic events there and is a long-time fan. 
He said he was told that everyone on in attendence of the Pre-Release gets:

"1 of A, 2 of B, and 1 of C"

or something to that effect.

Probably niche tokens, like demons, angels, vampires. Maybe 1x Avacyn and griselbrand to be given to winners.

This is probably most likely. It's the easiest way to depict the demons flying out of the Helvault flavor. 

That would be pretty amazing for A and C to be Avacyn and Griselbrand, if for no other reason than that's two less Mythics to obtain. But I dunno, how often do they give Mythics as promo cards..?

At first I thought the Moonsilver Spear promo card was in the Helvault, and players didn't get it until the Helvault was opened, but that would be in conflict with the Magic Arcana article about the AR Promo Cards being separate from the Helvault goodies.

If the only cards in there are tokens, I hope the other stuff are fun things like Deck Boxes or Sleeves at least.

Life counters are a good guess, buy maybe they would make the Helvault too heavy...? I dunno, guess we will see...!

If there is some card in AR that features a shard of the moon/Helvault, I would bet it would be included in the Pre-Release Helvault too for the obvious flavor reasons. 

So if it's all cards, I'd venture a flavorful guess:
A = [moon shard cards] (x1)
B = demon tokens (x2)
C = special demon/angel card (x1)

Oh, and meat pies, to go with all that cheese. :P
Did anyone see the video sent to shops about the Helvault?
It looks to be about 3 feet tall and has prize support for 53 players.

With that much, it probably is some promos, tokens, hopefully temporary tattoos!
New Article! Roxie Cards
No I didnt see it, mind posting a link? I hope it's just cards and nothing else, no tokens, no tattoos (OMG the horror if it was tattoos).... or maybe a cheese fondue pinata
New Article! Roxie Cards
Apparently some German guys opened it early and posted it on Youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m83JcNoNQ-4&feat...

Dangerous stuff there, WotC!   

"Ah, the age-old conundrum. Defenders of a game are too blind to see it's broken, and critics are too idiotic to see that it isn't." - Brian McCormick

Apparently some German guys opened it early and posted it on Youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m83JcNoNQ-4&feat...

Dangerous stuff there, WotC!   

Lingering Souls and Day of Judgment for everybody?
Ooooh, facemelting.  As long as you know basic safety procedures like not staring directly at light-emitting religious objects, that could come in handy.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

Ooooh, facemelting.  As long as you know basic safety procedures like not staring directly at light-emitting religious objects, that could come in handy.

Duck and cover
Sign In to post comments