Tich's Guide to White Multiplayer Cards and Strategies.

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tich's Guide to White Multiplayer Cards and Strategies

Table of Contents:
1. Introduction
2. Card Elements and Roles
      • 2a. Persistent Cards
      • 2b. Destructive Cards
      • 2c. Scaling Cards
      • 2d. Defensive Cards
      • 2e. Trap Cards
      • 2f. Global Benefit Cards
3. Artifacts and Lands
4. Additional Card Choices
5. Other Colors
6. Synergies and Strategies
7. Cards That Everyone Should Have
8. Sample Deck Lists
9. Coping with Adversity: Dealing with White's Weaknesses
10. Conclusion

1. Introduction
The purpose of this guide is to aid you transition from regular Magic duels (i.e. 1v1 games) to the substantially different world of multiplayer Magic. Whether you're a seasoned veteran or just getting into the game, multiplayer magic is so completely unique from any other format that it could leave anyone slightly discombobulated. Cards such as Duress and Counterspell have always been staples in their time, however these "sacred cows" will be your undoing in big multiplayer games. The mechanics of multiplayer necessitates that one forgoes cheap and efficient "duel cards" in order to adjust to the increased number of opponents. Do not sink into despair though, for many of the cards most players cherish have close multiplayer brothers. Swapping Wrath of God over Swords to Plowshares in your lists will become second-hand nature for you by the end of this. Ultimately I aspire to broaden your general multiplayer card pool knowledge, in the hopes that you'll eventually be able to construct your own solid, multiplayer decks. As we delve into the various card choices that you'll have at your disposal, you'll soon discover just how many cards are nearly broken in the format. Luminarch Ascension has never seen any form of competitive play, but smart deck-builders will pick up on gems like this. Remember, cards are generally balanced for 1v1 play. As this guide progresses, we'll see many occasions where having additional opponents can cause exponential power increases in cards. After I've improved your general understanding of White's multiplayer card pool, I'll then move on to discuss general synergies and strategies. I'll finish things off by providing some sample decklists to put you on the right track to building your own, as well as briefly covering ways to cope with the color's inherent weaknesses. That way, no matter your budget, card availability, or even personal preference, you should still be able to build some solid multiplayer decks.

Before we begin, I'd like to quickly clear something up. A very big misconception that players have is that multiplayer tactics should differ greatly from duel tactics. A lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble to explain to you how to handle multiplayer politics, and even how to use them to your advantage. In fact, virtually every multiplayer article that I've ever read has merely discussed the mental aspects of the format. There seems to be this preconceived notion that the way to win multiplayer games is through the mental battle and not the cards themselves. I couldn't disagree more with that frame of mind. I believe that while your card pool is different, your overall tactics shouldn't change much (if at all). Multiplayer Magic doesn't differ from duels in the sense that the players who always build the best decks with the strongest cards usually win. If you're having a hard time staying afloat in multiplayer Magic, I'd be willing to wager that the problem lies in your decks and not your tactics. Nothing will take you further in your Magic career than learning how to build a solid deck each and every time that you sit down to play. Before you submit to reading articles about becoming a political powerhouse at your tables, ask yourself if the decks that you're using are even good enough to win to begin with. That is by far and away the best advice I could ever give you. Now that that disclaimer's out of the way, let's start things off by taking a look at what kinds of cards you'll want to be playing in a Multiplayer setting.

2. Card Elements and Roles
I'd like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of playing the right kinds of cards in a multiplayer setting. The best way that I can describe a big Chaos game is by comparing it to a marathon. While everyone typically has a strong start to the event, the players who came unprepared for it tend to fall flat during the mid-game stages of the competition. It's the savvy veterans who allocated the time to train and condition themselves that will ultimately see it through to the end. With that analogy in mind, you're primarily looking for cards that will grant you the ability to stay in the game with a chance to win for as long as possible. The 6 generic types of cards that will enable you accomplish that feat are persistent cards, destructive cards, scaling cards, defensive cards, trap cards and global benefit cards. These are all critical effects that can help you go the distance and ultimately take home the win. I'll now be taking a much more in-depth look at each of these roles, as well as showcasing the relevant cards in the color. It's my hope that this will make it relatively easy to extract useful information from this guide, since it should provide you with a fairly good idea on where to turn to get relevant card choices for your decks.

2a. Persistent Cards
This sections aims to highlight cards that have resilient, repeatable and/or constant effects. In multiplayer, they are invaluable tools for many reasons. First of all, it's important not to look at resilient cards with the frame of mind: "If I were to lose my permanent, I could pay to keep it/get it back." That's a duel mindset. Rather, you should be thinking to yourself "Since I can protect/reuse this, who would bother depleting resources to temporarily hinder it?" Remember, multiplayer Magic is about taking on many other players. Wasting valuable cards and resources to briefly shut down a threat is neither efficient nor effective. Thus, resilient cards tend to stick around much longer than they probably should. With respect to repeatable and/or constant effects, they bring inevitability to your decks. While cheap and efficient single-shot effects are what you typically see used in duels, they aren't nearly as effective in big, Chaos battles. As discussed earlier, I think of duels as being "sprints" and multiplayer games as being "marathons." You need to be in it for the long haul or you'll just fall by the wayside halfway through. Repeatable and/or constant effects help you go the distance, and that's what you'll need to eventually take down the table.  With that in mind, let's take a look at classic examples of persistent White cards:
Persistent Cards

Resilient Cards

Genju of the Fields: Keep in mind that you can activate this card as much as you want to stack the lifegain effect as many times as desired. It's not a static ability like lifelink is.
Angelic Destiny: White's Rancor.
Crovax, Ascendant Hero
Twilight Shepherd
Jareth, Leonine Titan: Good luck killing this badboy outside of Wrath effects.
Chronosavant
Eternal Dragon
Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
Serra Avatar
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Constant and/or Repeatable Effects

Planeswalkers:
Elspeth Tirel: Her +2 is great in token decks, which is fairly standard given how her ultimate works, but her -2 is also fairly powerful on its own. Any Planeswalker that can protect itself has some merit, especially if it can then go on to nuke the table.
Elspeth, Knight-Errant: While you won't often be living the dream of Darksteel Forging your field, her token producing ability is very strong and protects her nicely. You could do worse than to add some of these to your decks.

Removal/Theft:
Porphyry Nodes
Evangelize
Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile
Mageta the Lion
World Queller
Admonition Angel
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite: There's not much to say about this card other than "WOW!"

Permanent-Based Recursion/Protection:
Sigil of the New Dawn
Argivian Archaeologist
Pulsemage Advocate
Remembrance: Not recursion per-say, but it basically blanks any and all forms of removal played against you. This is a very powerful card to field in your creature-based decks packed with 4-ofs, especially in hostile metas filled with mass removal and whatnot.
Enduring Renewal: Primarily a combo card. Think Ornithopter + Blasting Station.
Glory
Proclamation of Rebirth: Martyr of Sands' best friend.
Sun Titan
Deathless Angel
Reya Dawnbringer

Disruption:
Limited Resources: Easily the most hated multiplayer card of all time in my experience. Locking everyone at ~2 lands (or less) in big multiplayer games will NOT make you any friends for the rest of the night.
Grand Abolisher: Pisses the Control players off to no end.
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Glowrider: Very strong in White Prison decks.
Ethersworn Canonist
Kataki, War's Wage
Leonin Arbiter, Aven Mindcensor: The ramp decks will hate you for these.
Suppression Field
Crackdown
Rule of Law: Combos nicely with Knowledge Pool to lock everyone out of the game. If you can get ahead of your opponents on the board then it can basically seal the game in your favor. Manlands, Kjeldoran Outpost, Decree of Justice and much more all comes to mind as well as powerful support cards.
Aura of Silence
Kismet, Loxodon Gatekeeper
Humility: One of the most hilariously annoying cards of all time. People will hate you for this one.
Hokori, Dust Drinker
Angel of Jubilation: Hoses Necropotence, Altar of Dementia (any Altar) and much more while pumping up your team and providing you with a warm body.
Linvala, Keeper of Silence
Spelltithe Enforcer
Marble Titan
Magus of the Tabernacle
Angelic Arbiter
Iona, Shield of Emeria: This card can straight up lock people out of the game.
Chancellor of the Annex

Lifegain/Prevention:
Jasmine Seer: Good card to use in your Martyr of Sands decks with Squadron Hawks and whatnot.
Wall of Reverence
Gerrard Capashen
Resplendent mentor
Atalya, Samite Master
Beacon of Immortality

Creature Generation:
Luminarch Ascension: Disgustingly powerful card. Assuming a turn 1 Enlightened Tutor, it's very easy to have one in play by turn 2 every game, at which point you can typically turn any excess mana into 4/4 Angels. I frequently pair it with Island Sanctuary to prevents attacks while I simply build up my army and win.
Sacred Mesa
White Sun's Zenith
Thraben Doomsayer
Mobilization
Emeria Angel
Sigil of the Empty Throne: Loves Flickering Ward and its kin.
Requiem Angel

Draw:
Puresteel Paladin
Mesa Enchantress
Mentor of the Meek

Utility:
Suture Priest: Why is White's Blood Seeker so much better o.O? This thing can certainly be annoying at times.
Samurai of the Pale Curtain: Decent graveyard hate.
Spiritual Focus: Great way to mitigate the effects of discard-based strategies. It's the "anti-Megrim."
Endless Horizons: Very nice card if enchantment hate is lacking in your meta. Makes for some very easy Goblin Charbelcher kills. If nothing else it ensures that you'll always hit your land drops and draw nothing but gas all game.

2b. Destructive Cards
These are the face-smashers; the cards that pound everyone into the ground and gain you a massive advantage in one fell swoop. Any powerful, temporary, global effect fits into this category, with the "single-shot" attribute being their most distinguishing factor. These are not the kinds of cards that are used to gain you small, incremental advantages over time. Rather, they're trying to immediately bash the table to bits. While their temporary nature doesn't make them ideal when it comes to winning marathons, you're still probably going to have to rely on them to shore up some of your decks' weaknesses. They're a "necessary evil" in that sense. While some of these cards leave you relatively unscathed, a fair number of them wail on you equally as hard as they beat on everyone else. Building around the latter effects should be an important consideration when constructing your decks, since you don't want accidentally become the agent of your own demise. While the volatile nature of these cards makes them somewhat risky, since you can't rely on them to help you out more than once, it's offset by the fact that they provide you with access to some of the strongest effects in the game. Multiplayer, as is self-evident, necessitates that you challenge a great number of foes. It would be arrogant-if-not-stupid to think that you wouldn't find yourself behind at some point in your games, and so cards like these are a great way to keep the other players in check when you find yourself on the back-foot. If peoples' armies, life totals, mana bases, etc. start to get out of hand, then these are the kinds of cards that can level the playing field or even swing things back into your favor. Every color has its own strengths and weaknesses when it comes to destructive effects, so you'll just have to make due with what you have available to you. Let's take a look at some of the most prominent choices:
Destructive Cards

Alternate Win:
Test of Endurance, Felidar Sovereign: Martyr of Sands and Congregate aren't so bad when they straight up win games.
Celestial Convergence: Between Congregate and Island Sanctuary it's not that hard to meet the victory conditions of this badboy.
Near-Death Experience: Worship and Angel's Grace both spring to mind as good ways to trigger this safely.
Barren Glory: Claws of Gix and Peace of Mind anyone?

Mass Removal:
Balance
Cataclysm
Magus of the Disk
Scourglass
Austere Command
Catastrophe
Akroma's Vengeance: I really like this one since it can be cycled away if it isn't needed.
Planar Cleansing
Soulscour

Mass Creature Removal:
Tariff
Planar Collapse
Martial Coup: This card is amazing, and I highly recommend playing them if your meta is slow and you can afford to hold out on playing them.
Retribution of the Meek
Divine Reckoning: Very mediocre card, but very budget-friendly.
Day of Judgment, Wrath of God
Winds of Rath
Rout
Wave of Reckoning: Great if your deck is packing a bunch of low power, high toughness creatures.
Hallowed Burial
Phyrexian Rebirth
Kirtar's Wrath
Sunblast Angel
Final Judgment
Sunscour
Mass Calcify
Myojin of Cleansing Fire
Hour of Reckoning: I would state the obvious but you know what type of deck this things belongs in.

Mass Land Removal:
Cleansing
Armageddon, Ravages of war

Recursion:
Marshal's Anthem
Replenish
Open the Vaults

Enchantment and/or Artifact hosing:
Nova Cleric
Serenity
Cleanfall, Tempest of Light, Patrician's Scorn
Cleansing Meditation: Obviously amazing if you're looking to keep your own enchantments around.
Purify

Graveyard Hate:
Morningtide

2c. Scaling Cards
In this section, I'll highlight cards that scale directly off of having more players around. That is, the more players that are in the game, the more powerful that they become. The two types of scaling cards are the "true scalers" which benefit from having more players around and "semi-scalers" which benefit from having many more targets to choose from. An easy way to think about it is that Verdant Force (a true scaler) will produce more creatures every circuit in a 10 player game than it would in a 8 player game, but something like Rise from the Grave ( a semi-scaler) will only ever revive a single creature. You'll always appreciate having a bunch of awesome targets to choose from, but the card doesn't become wildly stronger or anything. These are prime examples of cards that are (generally) useless in duels that have suddenly become incredibly powerful due to the increased number of players in the game. If anyone started to read this guide in order to find the true multiplayer cards that are deliberately designed to be played in big Chaos games, then look no further. These are some of the first cards that you should be looking to invest in, especially if you're just starting to build up a collection of powerful, flexible, multiplayer cards. They'll always be relevant threats, regardless of the number of foes you'll be facing. Keeping all of that into consideration, let's take a look at what we have to work with:
Scaling Cards

True Scalers:
Inheritance
Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Auriok Champion
Honor the Fallen: Good hate card if people in your area love graveyard-based strategies.
Moonlit Wake
Cantivore
Rewards of Diversity: Good in some metas, horrible in others.
Gideon's Avenger: One of your better beatdown options.
Crescendo of War: I LOVE this card in aggro decks with a fair amount of token generators. It's so stupidly powerful that it's not even funny.
Congregate, War Report
Shattered Angel
Radiant, Archangel
Righteous Cause, Patron of the Kitsune
Celestial Force

Semi-Scalers:
Weathered Wayfarer
Land Tax: Godly card in multiplayer. Pair it with Scroll Rack and you have yourself an Ancestral Recall every turn. You haven't lived until you opened with "Mox Diamond, Land Tax, go" on turn 1.
Knight of the White Orchid, Gift of Estates
Survival Cache: Drawing 2 cards and gaining 4 life isn't that bad all things considered. White doesn't exactly have many great ways to draw cards.
Adarkar Valkyrie
Feudkiller's Verdict

2d. Defensive Cards
As the name suggests, these cards ward-off other players, encouraging them to direct their attention elsewhere. Their purpose is to keep you alive for as long as possible by using whatever means necessary. This all stems back to coming prepared to go the distance and completing the marathon, which often entails protecting your own personal space from any would-be delinquents. While many of these cards may seem marginal at first (often times being 1-for-1 trades), it's important to remember the mental aspects of multiplayer. Making the "you gain nothing from attacking me" argument to 4 people, even if it's implicit, essentially makes your defensive cards 4-for-1 trades should they successfully stave off any would-be attackers. The fact that death and/or retaliation is assured goes a long way to protecting you, and shouldn't be underestimated. As you will soon see, the cards listed below range in terms of mana cost and level of protection that they offer. Picking the ones that will work best for your decks should be based off of a combination of their weaknesses and your own personal metagame. That is, try to pick the ones that will protect your deck when it's at its most vulnerable stage of development, given what you expect the other players to be doing at that time. With that general guideline in mind, you should have plenty of options to mull over:
Defensive Cards

Spurnmage Advocate
Soul Snare
Abu Ja'far, Alaborn Zealot, Loyal Sentry
Aegis of Honor
Greater Auramancy: Incredibly solid card in your White Control decks with a heavy enchantment focus.
True Believer, Leyline of Sanctity, Ivory Mask, Imperial Mask, Spirit of the hearth
Island Sanctuary: One of my favorite cards to pair with Luminarch Ascension. There's no need to draw cards when you can produce a flying armada to crush everyone with.
Beloved Chaplain, Mistmeadow Skulk
Cathedral Membrane
Peacekeeper
Eight-and-a-Half-Tails
Story Circle
Pariah: Stuffy Doll and Darksteel Myr both say hello! Toss Pariah's Shield into the mix and you have one annoying deck.
Karmic Justice
Solitary Confinement: Incredibly powerful card if you have a draw engine around to support it. Mind's Eye comes to mind for example.
Mangara of Corondor: Stupidly powerful card to pair with blink effects such as Karakas. You can bounce/blink Mangara while the exile trigger is on the stack to protect her while still exiling an opposing permanent.
Shield Dancer
Vow of Duty
Worship: Amazing with resilient creatures such as Darksteel Myr.
Wall of Nets: My favorite White wall by far.
Lieutenant Kirtar, Mine Bearer
Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Norn's Annex
Defiant Vanguard: Yes, he can tutor for more copies of himself .
Haazda Shield Mate
Force Bubble
Aurification
Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
Moat, Magus of the Moat
Lightmine Field
False Prophet
Reverence: Meekstone/Marble Titan + this = win!
Cho-Manno, Revolutionary, Commander Eesha, Dawn Elemental
Delaying Shield
Knight-Captain of Eos
Guardian Seraph
Archon of Justice
Pristine Angel
Martyr's Bond
Darien, King of Kjeldor
Glarecaster
Vengeful Archon
Blazing Archon

2d. Trap Cards
Trap cards punish your opponents for making uninformed decisions, unaware of the impending consequences of their ill-timed actions. Their distinguishing factor is that they typically abuse some sort of instant-speed effect to catch them off-guard and promptly discipline them for their ignorance. A select-few can only come out at sorcery-speed, however the overwhelming majority of them can "get" people at any time. While these cards will rarely-if-ever have a devastating effect on the board, their primary use is to put your opponents off-balance. You're not using these cards because you expect them to win you games; you're using them so that people will stop screwing with you when you appear to be defenseless. The idea is to let them know that you are never open, no matter how little you may appear to have on your side of the table. It's assumed that you're not to be trifled with, since there's no telling what could all be lurking in your hand. This should hopefully set you up later in games to bluff a defense, which means that the effects of trap cards tend to span far beyond the game at hand. Keep in mind that psychological warfare can be an important factor when it comes to consistently winning games in a multiplayer setting, and so every little edge that you can acquire helps. A word of caution though; I wouldn't rely on having your opponents "play scared" against you on a regular basis. Don't assume that just because you blew someone out once that you'll never have to put early-game defense in your decks ever again. If you fail to deliver on your promises too often then you'll quickly become known as the person who "cried wolf." That being said, it'll still sometimes be the best shot that you'll have at winning. Anyways, let's take a look at what awaits our unwitting foes:
Trap Cards

Stonecloaker: This is the definition of a trap card in my mind. It can come out of nowhere to hose a Reanimate deck, but can also protect your own creatures from removal spells or come down as a surprise blocker to take something out. It's worth noting that it can always bounce itself, which can allow you to strip graveyards of vital resources over time.
Seht's Tiger
Restoration Angel
Angel of Salvation

2f. Global Benefit Cards
These are the kinds of cards that benefit everyone at the table. It's that simple. Unlike destructive cards, these ones attempt build players up rather than focus on dismantling them. I typically hate fielding these kinds of cards in a multiplayer setting unless I have a very good reason to include them in my decks. You're almost required to be building around these cards in order to justify their inclusion in my mind. It's simply far too likely that you'll wind-up distributing the wealth equally otherwise. That's just not a spot that most players should aspire to be in. As such, I wouldn't advise investing into these kinds of cards unless you're willing to build around them, or alternatively if you're one of those people who legitimately want to have fun and create crazy board states and help other players win. I'm not trying to sleight those people or that playstyle mind you; it's just not conducive to winning the game. The overall focus of this guide has always been to help you become a more competent deck builder so that you can win more multiplayer games, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone when I express my dislike for overly casual, well-intentioned tactics. I hope it's clear that I'm speaking from a competitive frame of mind with respect to these types of subjects. Anyways, let's take a gander at exactly what we have to work with:

3. Artifacts and Lands
Each color has its own various strengths and weaknesses, and so one of the best ways to enhance what it already does well or shore up areas where it struggles is to turn to colorless solutions such as artifacts and lands. At the end of the day, even though these types of cards could care less about the color(s) of the deck that they're in, it's still very easy to associate certain artifacts and lands to certain colors. The point here is that I'm not trying to create a blanket list of powerful multiplayer artifacts or anything, but rather to showcase the ones that naturally pair with the color. Everything listed will serve an important role in one way or another, and will hopefully shed light on some powerful synergies and strategies that you may not have previously considered. Keep in mind that many of these cards may not be multiplayer cards in the traditional sense, but they bring such a high degree of consistency and/or power to decks that I feel compelled to mention them anyways. The available options include:
Artifacts and Lands

Synergistic Lands:
Karakas: Combos extremely well with Mangara of Corondor, but is generally strictly better than a basic plains as long as you only throw 1 of them into your decks. It can protect your own Legends or threaten to bounce others', so there's very little reason not to play one if Legends are played in some way, shape or form.
Emeria, the Sky Ruin: Having 1-2 of these in your decks is almost never a bad idea. It provides you with a powerful late game recursion engine, which is always welcome in a multiplayer setting.
Kjeldoran Outpost: Provides a constant stream of bodies at the cost of a land drop. It's a decent way to add inevitability to your deck, especially if you're already running with equipment such as Skullclamp and Bonehoard.
Kor Haven: Maze of Ith that doesn't untap the attacker; meaning that it's not free to force your opponent to use it. I like this card a lot in meta where small numbers of big creatures is the mainstay.
Mistveil Plains: Awesome recursion engine, especially in decks with Squadron Hawk. As long as you always keep a hawk or two in hand, you'll basically never run out of threats to play. Throw in some good equipment (Skullclamp, Batterskull, Bonehoard, Umezawa's Jitte) and you have yourself one scary deck.
Serra's Sanctum: Bonkers in enchantment-based decks (obviously lol). I've seen this card do stupid things with Luminarch Ascension before.
Flagstones of Trokair: Perfect for those Limited Resources/Armageddon decks.

Persistent Artifacts:
Scroll Rack: Combos with Land Tax (and Endless Horizons to a lesser extent) to create an Ancestral Recall every turn.
Isochron Scepter: White has a wide variety of Silence, Swords to Plowshares and Holy Day effects that it can throw on a Scepter to cause some serious grief.
Goblin Charbelcher: One of the best White win conditions ever printed. Between Land Tax and Endless Horizons, emptying your library is almost trivial, at which point this card is a point-and-click WMD.
Crucible of Worlds: Believe it or not, the color that has access to Armageddon sometimes needs a bit of help recurring its lands. It's a great addition to any deck that's looking to globally disupt mana bases.
Skull of Orm: One of the few cards in the game that can continually recur enchantments. While the cost is fairly steep, it can still be a worthwhile 1-of in your enchantment-based decks.
Phyrexian Processor: Makes a powerful addition to any lifegain-based deck that you're building.
Panoptic Mirror: Isochron Scepter on steroids. How does a Wrath of God every turn sound?
Knowledge Pool: Combos nicely with Rule of Law effects to lock everyone out of the game. If you can get ahead of your opponents on the board then it can basically seal the game in your favor. Manlands, Kjeldoran Outpost, Decree of Justice and much more all comes to mind as well as powerful support cards.

Equipment:
White, in general, can tutor-for and abuse equipment better than any other color. Most true White mages will thus have a fair amount of equipment at their disposal. The best ones, in my mind, include cards such as:
Skullclamp
Umezawa's Jitte
Darksteel Plate
Sword of X and Y (Sword of Light and Shadow for example)
Bonehoard
Batterskull

Disruptive Artifacts:
Thorn of Amethyst, Sphere of Resistance: Compliment your Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and Glowrider Prison strategies.
Trinisphere: Great way to lock players out of the game should you stick an early Limited Resources, and also pairs wonderfully with Armageddon.
Tangle Wire: Stunts early board development like no other.
Smokestack: Incredibly powerful card to field in disruptive decks that generate a large number of permanents (creature tokens for example).

Defensive Artifacts:
Darksteel Myr, Creepy Doll: Combo well with your Pariahs and Worships.

Scaling Artifacts:
Mind's Eye: Brings a solid draw engine to a color that lacks it otherwise.
Bargaining Table: Same idea as Mind's Eye, only the card is much worse.

Card Draw:
Candles of Leng
Seer's Sundial
Jayemdae Tome: The definition of a mediocre card in my mind. Not too cheap, not too expensive, no downside, no amazing upside, just a moderately playable card.
Well of Lost Dreams: Solid draw engine for your dedicated lifegain decks. It seems especially powerful if you have a whack of Soul Warden variants that give you many opportunities to spend small amounts of mana to draw cards.
Angelheart Vial: Pseudo-Sun Droplet that draws you cards.
Illuminated Folio: While costly and revealing, I still enjoy playing with this card in general. Paying 1 mana to draw a card is incredibly powerful given how miserable Red's card draw is.
Well of Discovery: Remember when mana burn was a thing? I miss those days... Oh well, at least we get treats like this now.

4. Additional Card Choices
Let's face it; I've only started the list of the playable White cards. Just because a card doesn't meet one of the arbitrary requirements that I've previously established, that doesn't outright prevent it from being an amazing card to field in a multiplayer setting. I mean, I'm not exactly going to call Ancestral Recall a bad card because it "doesn't scale" or whatever. An amazing card is always going to be worth playing, regardless of the number of opponents that you're facing down. I'm not going to list every playable card in the color here or anything, just ones that I could see myself playing in some decks. I'm still trying to keep you on the right track when it comes to building your decks after all. So, after some reflection, I came up with:
Choices, choices, choices

Enlightened Tutor
Idyllic Tutor
Reverse the Sands: This card has the potential to provide White mages with an extremely powerful (if not game-changing) effect. Still, it probably needs the right home in order to be useful on average.

5. Other Colors
As much as I'd like to think that a color can stand on its own, there exist many Gold cards that are tailored for multiplayer play that can often times provide it with some much needed support. Because Gold cards are harder to cast relative to mono-colored ones, you typically get more bang for your buck when you field them. As such these gems will not only enhance the tactics you've already become familiar with, but will likely upgrade the power level of your decks to the next threshold. This is all too important in multiplayer, where you'll constantly be barraged by a horde of powerful threats all barreling down at you from you stiff opposition. It's difficult to express a general use for these kinds of cards, and so I can't give a much more specific description of what Gold cards will bring to your decks. The best advice that I can give you is to simply peruse the list as you build decks of the corresponding colors. You just may find a diamond in the rough. Relevant Gold cards, in my mind, include:
Gold Cards

White + Black:
Orzhov Guildmage
Putrid Warrior
Orzhov Pontiff
Souls of the Faultless
Stillmoon Cavalier
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
Ghost Council of Orzhova
Divinity of Pride: Solid in your lifegain decks with Serra Ascendant and whatnot.
Evershrike: Good with Spirit Loop and the like.
Agent of Masks
Necromancer's Covenant
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter
Angel of Despair
Debtors' Knell

White + Blue:
Wall of Denial
Mirrorweave: Great in token decks. Swing with an army, and turn your unblocked creatures into massive threats.
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
Palliation Accord
Teferi's Moat
Enchanted Evening: Cleansing Meditation anyone?
Godhead of Awe
Windreaver
Venser, the Sojourner
Dovescape
Bruna, Light of Alabaster: This card bears a striking resemblance to Zur the Enchanter in my mind. They clearly belong in the same types of decks. While I dislike Auras as a general rule, you certainly wouldn't exclude this card from your Azorius/Esper, Aura-based decks.
Iridescent Angel
Ith, High Arcanist
Drogskol Reaver

White + Red:
Captain's Maneuver
Searing Meditation
Brion Stoutarm
Master Warcraft
Powerstone Minefield
Basandra, Battle Seraph
Razia's Purification
Firemane Angel
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight: This card is stupidly powerful in decks packed with Angels (Guardian Seraph), Chandra's Spitfire, Earthquake, Molten Disaster and Fault Line.

White + Green:
Selesnya Guildmage
Sterling Grove
Hunting Grounds
Qasali Pridemage
Gaddock Teeg
Wheel of Sun and Moon: Good if your meta is fond of mill strategies.
Kitchen Finks
Knight of the Reliquary
Aura Shards
Privileged Position
Mirari's Wake
Fracturing Gust
Sigarda, Host of Herons: Decent hoser when it comes to thwarting Grave Pact decks and such.
Novablast Wurm

6. Synergies and Strategies
Now that we've gone over the most prominent multiplayer card choices, it's high time we start piecing some of this information together to start building decks. The goal of this section will be to discuss general synergies that can be applied to various decks/deck types rather than discussing specific combos or interactions in great detail. In multiplayer games more-so than in duels, the sum of the parts has to be greater than the whole. It's the only realistic way to win the game given the incredible opposition that players are likely to be facing. I'm going to be taking simple, easy-to-understand concepts, and start incorporating what I've been discussing into them. That is, I will show you how to put a multiplayer spin on a strategy that you already know and love. Full decklists will come later, since I'm still trying to drive home the idea of thinking about things from a multiplayer perspective at this point in time. You need a solid plan to defeat a large number of opponents, and that won't come intuitively to everyone at first.
Enchantment-Based Strategies

One of the most popular styles of White decks to build tends to be Enchantress decks that feature a ton of enchantments, Mesa Enchantress and Serra's Sanctum among other cards. The goal of the deck is typically to stick some of draw engine (Mind's Eye isn't a bad option) and proceed to play enchantments until it wins. While the deck may seem linear and boring, it's far from it. They're typically intricate and powerful, which makes them very fun to pilot more often than not. They offer a great number of advantages to people willing to invest in them.

They're Steadfast
One of the most appealing aspects of playing enchantment-based decks is their ability to withstand virtually any pressure than exerted on them. Burn? Leyline of Sanctity. Creatures? Solitary Confinement, Island Sanctuary, Ghostly Prison, Norn's Annex, Moat and Humility. Spot removal? Greater Auramancy. Mass removal? Replenish and Open the Vaults. Regardless of what your opponents throw at you, you'll always have answers to their threats. No matter how they beat you down, you'll always find a way to build yourself back up. Resilience is key to most successful multiplayer decks, and that's the definition of an Enchantress deck in my mind. Just keep your metagame in mind while you build your deck and virtually nothing will be able to stop you.

They're Inevitable
The other powerful aspect of an Enchantress deck is how quickly the deck grows out of hand over time. Between cards like Luminarch Ascension and Sigil of the Empty Throne, it will almost always produce more threats than people can find answers for. All the spot/mass removal in the world won't save them. This is especially true if you toss Flickering Ward into the mix, as it combos so insanely well with Sigil of the Empty Throne and Mesa Enchantress. As long as you're sitting behind a Solitary Confinement, Moat or Island Sanctuary, it should be basically impossible for you to lose the game. Just protect your permanents with cards such as Greater Auramancy and Replenish and the game is all-but yours.

They're Customizable
What I like most about Enchantress decks is that you can easily tune them to crush your own personal meta. People love their creature decks? Focus on the Ghostly Prisons, Humilitys and Moats of the world that will keep them at bay. People playing burn decks? Get those Leyline of Sanctitys, Story Circles and Aegis of Honors in there. Discard decks causing you trouble? Spiritual Focus and Leyline of Sanctity are your friends. For every threat out there you have an answer, and so you can always tune the deck to beat the pressure that you think/know that you're going to be facing down. That adaptability is so strong in multiplayer, and is one of the main reasons why I like the color as a whole.

Equipment-Based Strategies

If there's any color that cares about equipment, it's White. Be it tutoring for or abusing them, the others just can't match what it brings to the table. As such, it's very easy to build powerful-yet-resilient aggro decks that feature a number of powerful equipment that will help them dominate the mid-late stages of the game. Having personally survived the Caw-go era of Standard (don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about lol), I have a fair amount of experience playing with these styles of decks. Thus, I can hopefully provide you with some useful tips and tricks when it comes to building and playing them.

Warm Bodies Matter
The quantity of creatures in these decks is much more important than their quality. Baneslayer Angel doesn't need a Sword of Fire and Ice to be powerful, she's already going to hold her own. You're mostly looking to throw as many warm bodies on the table as possible by ensuring that you'll always have a steady stream of them going. Many cards come to mind for that. Squadron Hawk (+ Mistveil Plains), Kjeldoran Outpost and Mobilization can all create a constant flow of bodies for you to toss equipment on. Add in the fact that they're all small enough to Skullclamp, and you have yourself some powerful enablers. Remember, Bonehoard is probably going to kill in 1-2 hits relatively early on in most metas. You don't need a good body to put it on, you just want something at your disposal at all times. Select cards that are going to provide you with a constant stream of threats and you'll be well on your way to taking home the W.

Field the Right Support
For every good support card out there, there's about 5-10 really bad ones that you might trick yourself into using. Do yourself a favor and don't fall for any traps. Strong equipment based decks will field strong support cards such as Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant, Puresteel Paladin and Steelshaper's Gift. I don't really want to harp on this for too long, since this is basically just my way of pointing out the really good cards that you should be using. Other equipment tutors are probably much slower and weaker, and are unlikely to bring as much utility to the table. The best decks play the best cards, and these are some of the ones that you should be using if possible.

Play the Right Equipment
Vulshok Morningstar was a good card in Mirrodin Limited, but it has no place in a multiplayer setting. If you're serious about winning games then you'll have to use the best cards for the job. Good equipment, in my mind, consists primarily of cards such as Umezawa's Jitte, Batterskull, Skullclamp, Sword of X and Y (Sword of Fire and Ice for example) and Bonehoard. While other cards can work too, these are all game winners as far as I'm concerned. Resilience and power matter a lot, and that's what equipment such as these can bring to your decks. I wouldn't blame you for using Darksteel Plate, Lightning Greaves and Argentum Armor, but they're not cards that I personally find worthwhile most of the time.

Control Strategies

If the strategies that I previously discussed are completely new to you, this one should hopefully comfort you like a warm blanket. White is a classic Control color (it has Wrath of God, what else can I say?) and brings a vast array of tools to play around with. No other color can hose creatures better in my opinion, making it the perfect foil to those aggro-filled metas. If you're looking for a deck that will just take over the game and force people out of their comfort zone, then mono-White Control (MWC) should be at the forefront of your mind. As always, I'll provide some useful tips and advice to anyone looking to build this style of deck, and highlight as many relevant cards as I possibly can.

Have a Game-Plan to Win
As much as I want to talk about Wrath of Gods, the more important matter at hand is figuring out a way to win the game. As good as White is at stabilizing the field, it really sucks at putting the nail in the coffin. What you need are strong ways to go about winning the actual game, which is no small feat in multiplayer. One option that I really like is pairing Endless Horizons and/or Land Tax with Goblin Charbelcher. It's a fast, easy and effective way to take down big multiplayer games. Land Tax is just awesome in general, and also combos well with Scroll Rack. Control decks love drawing cards, and so an Ancestral Recall every turn is nothing to scoff at. Both it and Endless Horizons also help you hit your land drops, which is never a bad thing either. Another strong contender, in my mind, is White Sun's Zenith. It brings so much inevitability to your deck, and the fact that it can be played at instant speed is just amazing. You can often create 12+ power worth of creatures that can't be killed at Sorcery speed. I'd recommend playing at least 1, since I've never been disappointed with the card. Beyond that, you're mostly looking at token producers. Sacred Mesa is a classic, but both Luminarch Ascension and Mobilization can do work. I really like Luminarch Ascension in multiplayer though, as I continue to find myself amazed with the card's power. It's by far and away the strongest of the 3, so I'd look to use it whenever possible (given the choice).

Global Effects People!
As good as Swords to Plowshares is, it doesn't bring much to a multiplayer setting. Stopping one creature from one player won't take you very far after all. As such, you should be trying to fill your deck with as many global removal spell and protection effects as possible. Humility (+ Righteous Cause), Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Ghostly Prison, Island Sanctuary and more are all capable of thwarting each opponent. Do not rely on something like Dawn Charm that, again, will stop one combat phase from one opponent. You need to be thinking of big, grand effects will still be impactful despite the increased number of players that you'll be facing down. Develop a solid game-plan that will keep you alive long enough to establish one of your win conditions, and pray that it's enough to lock up the game for you. If a card in your deck isn't going to dramatically increase your ability to survive, you should immediately question its inclusion. It's probably not doing enough to warrant that slot.

Keep the Candle Burning
One of the biggest weaknesses of WMC decks is that they typically lack good draw engines. As such, they can peeter out and die over time if you're not careful with them. My advice would be to incorporate a card advantage engine to your deck if at all possible. Mind's Eye certainly comes to mind, as do the aforementioned Land Tax (+ Scroll Rack would be ideal) and Endless Horizons. Even if you're not drawing cards with them, you're still thinning your deck and hitting your land drops. Inheritance can work well too, especially in slower metas where you have plenty of time to build up and removal is abundant. It's very easy to sit behind something like Ghostly Prison or Island Sanctuary and draw cards as creatures die after all.

Stax/Prison Strategies

Prison/Stax deck is basically a way to ensure that you'll never have friends for as long as you live. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but I can promise you that you won't make any new ones playing a deck like this. A good Prison deck will abuse mana denial to lock your opponents out of the game by preventing them from ever playing their relevant spells. White synergizes extremely well with that strategy, as it brings a fair amount of useful tools to work with.

Land Denial
An essential component of a good Prison deck is its plan to lock people out of lands. The best card for the job, in my mind, is Limited Resources. While duel decks tend to have a fair number of 1-2 CMC spells that they can throw out to still win the game, I typically find that multiplayer decks are unable to win with so few resources. There will obviously be exceptions, I won't deny that for a second, but by-and-large you should be fairly well protected once this thing hits. Balance (+ [c]Zuran Orb[c]), Armageddon and Ravages of War are both amazing options as well, and are much stronger if the game drags on and people are able to get lands into play before you play a Limited Resources. Smokestack is another big player, since it's such a good way to lock people at nothing. I love pairing it with Tangle Wire, Elspeth, Knight-Errant and other such token producers that provide you with fodder to sacrifice to it while you lock people at 0 lands.

Insult to Injury
Even though you have a good plan to lock people out of lands, you should still think long and hard about ways to further cement your lead. Crucible of Worlds and Flagstones of Trokair can both help you recover from your own destructive effects, leaving you high and dry while the others flounder and drown. Trinipshere + Limited Resources on turns 1-2 can all-but seal the game, especially if you're the only person playing artifact mana such as Sol Ring. Magus of the Tabernacle, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Ghostly Prison and Humility can take creatures out of the equation (more or less), at which point there isn't much left that people can do to stop you. Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, Glowrider and Lodestone Golem are other potential candidates as well, since they're going to further cement your position while also acting as win-conditions.

Taking Home the W
The last component to consider is your actual win condition. This depends wholly on the makeup of your deck, but it can be narrowed down to a few cards. Mishra's Factory (and any manland for that matter) is a strong candidate in decks with Humility since it bypasses its effect (trust me on this one). Luminarch Ascension is another goody, especially if you run with Limited Resources. 2 mana nets you a 4/4 flying angel every turn, which should be more than enough. Elspeth, Knight-Errant and Elspeth Tirel are both solid options in decks with Smokestack, since they fuel your sacrificial requirements nicely. The aforementioned creatures work nicely too, since they beat down while also putting out some serious disruption.

Lifegain Strategies

Before we begin I want to make something perfectly clear; I hate pointless lifegain. If you're randomly including lifegain effects in your decks then you're probably just making them weaker. Whenever I add it to mine it's because I have some plan for that life. Maybe it helps me win the game, or maybe it helps me crush my meta filled with burn decks. Either way I'm not blindly adding it and hoping that it works out. Ok, rant over! There are some fairly power multiplayer lifegain spells, and there will be times when you'll want to use them. Just remember that many of the "good" lifegain spells are actually fairly marginal in a multiplayer setting, and that many of the "bad" ones wind up being amazing. This is no time to be reaching for our Rest for the Wearys, we need to be digging for our Congregates.

Martyr Proc, Soul Sisters
The stronger options for multiplayer lifegain, in my mind, include a small number of key spells. The first set of cards, dubbed the "Souls Sisters," includes Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant and Auriok Champion. As the number of players increases, these creatures tend to gain you exponentially more life than they would in duels. The simple of act of playing creatures is enough to gain you throngs of life over time. I've seen these creatures get completely out of hand when left unchecked. Another popular strategy is to pair Martyr of Sands with Proclamation of Rebirth. The Martyr can very easily gain you a massive amount of life every turn, and can then easily be recurred by Forecasting Proclamation of Rebirth. It's worth noting that the Soul Sisters are also 1 CMC cards, which makes the two strategies synergize nicely. Jasmine Seer is another decent form of lifegain, and can also do a lot of work with respect to keeping you healthy. Since some of these cards care about having a hand full of cards, it's important to support them with relevant draw spells. Squadron Hawk comes to mind as a nice "draw 3" that also puts 4 bodies into play over time for your Soul Sisters, and is easily one of the best options at your disposal. Survival Cache works well too, since it's basically a Divination that gains you 4 life. Well of Lost Dreams and Mind's Eye aren't White cards, but they will draw an absurd number of them. Inheritance is your last good option in my mind, since it pairs well with the constant death and rebirth of your weenies (namely Martyr of Sands). Finally, Ranger of Eos is a great "tutor" in this style of deck, since he fills your hand and nets you 2 relevant bodies.

Yeah People!
Other than the Soul Sisters, none of the cards that I've discussed gain much in multiplayer. They're just "good" lifegain cards (more or less). What we need to consider are more ways to take advantage of the increase number of players. Congregate, Shattered Angel, Righteous Cause, Celestial Force, Moonlit Wake and War Report can all gain you obscene amounts of life in big multiplayer games. While none of these cards are great in duels, you better believe they're strong in big multiplayer FFA games. If you're not looking to build an engine of sorts (think Martyr of Sands + Proclamation of Rebirth) to constantly gain you life, then ensure that you lifegain spells will be powerful enough to stand on their own.

Lifegain Wins Games
Now that you know how to gain life, the real question is "what do I do with it?" The simple and best answer is that you should just use it to win the game. Ajani's Pridemate and Serra Ascendant (2HG powerhouse) both come to mind as creatures that will convert that lifegain into a straight up game win. Serra Avatar works too, but she's kinda slow and awkward at times. Still, none of these cards have anything on Test of Endurance (and Felidar Sovereign to a lesser extent). I like it when my deck wins the game when it achieves its gameplan. Having a bunch of life doesn't matter if you can't seal the deal somehow, which is why I always encourage people to incorporate an actual "win" card whenever possible. You can still lose at 100 life. Trust me; I've seen it happen a lot. Don't fall into the trap of playing to draw the game out. Losing "slower-than-normal" is still just "losing". Play to win.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
7. Cards That Everyone Should Have
Buy me

One of White's biggest weaknesses as a color is that it typically lacks ways to generate card advantage. That puts it at a fairly severe disadvantage in multiplayer, and so I recommend picking up some of the few cards at your disposal. The single best all-around White multiplayer card in the game (in my opinion) is Land Tax, which is a virtual draw spell in the right decks. Pair it with Scroll Rack and you have yourself an Ancestral Recall every turn. Endless Horizons can work well too, but it's much slower and weaker. Both cards are just fine as-is, but their real power comes from their ability to combo with other cards (Goblin Charbelcher is another example). Inheritance is a fairly strong option, especially in slow playgroups that feature a fair number of creatures. Drawing a card every time a creature dies adds up. There's also Mentor of the Meek, Mesa Enchantress and Puresteel Paladin to consider, but only in dedicated decks for them. Mind's Eye and Well of Lost Dreams, while not exactly White cards, brings something to the color that is sorely needs. If you can't find anything relevant in the color itself, you can always turn to artifact options.

Moving on, you'll want to take advantage of White ability to clear the table. The old Wrath of God standby will never steer you wrong, but there's plenty of other cards to consider for the job too. The "Destructive Cards" section of this guide covers them nicely, so I won't bother listing them all again. Just have something lying around that can keep the field nice and tidy. I'd also consider grabbing something that can keep the table clear of pesky enchantments, and Cleansing Meditation is the best man for the job. It allows you to wipe the field while keeping your own permanents intact, and I cannot stress how useful that can be at times.

While White is easily the strongest color from a defensive point of view, it typically lacks the ability to create a powerful offense. As such, I strongly urge that newer players invest in cards that will allow them to win games and not simply draw them out. Luminarch Ascension is a personal favorite of mine, since it's incredibly powerful in defensive White decks. It's very easy to trigger it after playing a Wrath of God or sitting behind an Island Sanctuary, and from there you should be able to amass an army and win. Sacred Mesa is another decent option, but I don't think that it's nearly as powerful. Goblin Charbelcher is another worthwhile option, as long as you also invest in either Endless Horizons or Land Tax. It's a solid win condition that can easily be recurred, which is exactly what we're looking for. Beyond that, I suggest investing in solid equipment. Cards like Bonehoard, Sword of X and Y, and Batterskull can easily win games, especially if your deck produces a constant stream of threats.

Once you've locked up some ways to win the game, you goal should be figuring out how to not lose them. You'll want a decent mix of protective effects, since you never know what you'll be facing down in multiplayer. Grab a set of Leyline of Sanctitys (or any of its variants) since they're very useful at thwarting random, targeted hate spells that might otherwise come your way. They're always nice to have around and you'll never regret having access to its effect. I also strongly suggest picking up a few "retribution" effects (Karmic Justice, Martyr's Bond) since they strongly dissuade people from messing with you. It's much nicer when all of that removal and burn and whatnot is directed towards others after all. Furthermore, you'll want a fair amount of creature protection, but that's easily achieved in White. The tax route (Ghostly Prison, Windborn Muse, Norn's Annex, Magus of the Tabernacle) works very well in "swarm" metas where people play a lot of creatures, but it's typically lackluster in slower games where single big threats take the game down. You'll probably want something like Humility if that's the case. Granted, Humility + Righteous Cause basically locks creatures out of the game, so that's always an option to consider as well. Sun Droplet works too to a lesser extent. Story Circle is another amazing card, especially if some colors are much more popular in your area than others. I've never been anything short of amazed with the card, and so I strongly recommend it to anyone. Haazda Shield Mate is brutal as well, but is a bit too vulnerable and costly for my tastes. Only field him in your meta is light on removal. Lastly, I'm always pushing for more people to play with Island Sanctuary. While it's very mediocre in flier-heavy groups, it can virtually make you immortal in others. When paired with a solid win condition/draw engine, it can all-but seal up the game for you. My typical pairings for it include: Luminarch Ascension, Goblin Charbelcher + Endless Horizons, Mind's Eye and Mesa Enchantress. Since all of the aforementioned cards are enchantments, Greater Auramancy and Replenish are too powerful to not mention. They bring a great deal of resilience to any enchantment-based deck, which is something that you'll always be striving to achieve.

Beyond that, all you really need are some solid threats to fill out your creature curves. Stoneforge Mystic, Squadron Hawk and Stonehewer Giant are some of my favorites, primarily because equipment cards are just so freaking good nowadays. Pairing the Hawk with Mistveil Plains (another must-have) and/or Emeria, the Sky Ruin (ditto) brings a great deal of inevitability to your deck, and from there you're just looking to find a Bonehoard so that you can win the game.

Creature Curves

One comment that I constantly receive is that people play in metas where curving out with warm bodies is important to them/vital to their survival. It doesn't matter how big or small the creature is, they simply refuse to play without a fair number of early drops to durdle around and dissuade attackers. While I typically disagree with that mindset, and would rather take a bit of damage early on than play weak cards, I respect the fact that not everyone will agree with that philosophy. In this section, I'll post "cheap" (CMC wise) creatures that can fill your curve, but who also work fairly well in multiplayer. Some will be defensive; some will be offensive, and others a bit of both. This is basically the Coal's Notes of "what to play if anything." While I don't recommend playing some of these cards in general, I'd rather see people put Mother of Runes in their decks than Suntail Hawk.

1 CMC
Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant
Weathered Wayfarer
Student of Warfare
Perimeter Captain
Martyr of Sands
Serra Ascendant: Good in dedicated lifegain decks, EDH, 2HG, etc.
Mother of Runes: "Mom" (as the pros call her) is an absolute monster. Best all-around White 1 drop by far in my mind.

2 CMC
Wall of Omens
Stoneforge Mystic: I'll grab that Skullclamp/Batterskull/Umezawa's Jitte thank you very much!
Squadron Hawk: 4-for-1s are never bad, and if you toss Mistveil Plains into the mix then you have unlimited beaters for all intents and purposes. If you deck has equipment (such as Bonehoard) then it's tough to go wrong with them.
Ajani's Pridemate: Only listed for its use in Soul Sister decks featuring Soul's Attendant, Soul Warden and Auriok Champion.
Auriok Champion
Avenger en-Dal
Suture Priest
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

3 CMC
Mirran Crusader
Transcendent Master
Defiant Vanguard
Gideon's Avenger
Haazda Shield Mate
Mentor of the Meek
Thraben Doomsayer
Wall of Nets

4 CMC
Academy Rector
Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile
Ranger of Eos: Solid if you happen to be running a deck with cards like Mother of Runes, or even the Martyr of Sands + Serra Ascendant "combo."
Cho-Manno, Revolutionary, Commander Eesha, Dawn Elemental
Emeria Angel
False Prophet
Guardian Seraph
Hero of Bladehold
Magus of the Disk, Magus of the Moat, Magus of the Tabernacle
Windborn Muse

5 CMC
Stonehewer Giant: I'll grab that Skullclamp/Batterskull/Umezawa's Jitte thank you very much!
Karmic Guide
Baneslayer Angel
Reveillark
Archon of Justice
Shattered Angel
World Queller

6+ CMC
Adarkar Valkyrie
Sunblast Angel
Sun Titan
Captain of the Watch
Yosei, the Morning Star
Vengeful Archon
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Celestial Force
Akroma, Angel of Wrath
Blazing Archon

8. Sample Deck Lists
The purpose of this section will be to provide readers with an idea of some sample decklists that I have constructed over the years. I'll do my best to highlight the most important interactions and synergies amongst the various cards; which probably means that I won't spend too much time explaining why Wrath of God is in the deck. They'll be good starting points for anyone looking to make similar decks, by giving you a basic idea of the most obvious card choices. Now, keep in mind that these deck lists will become somewhat outdated and suboptimal as time goes on. I'll do my best to update them as much as possible, but I'm only 1 man. They'll still be useful learning tools however, even if they're not always relevant. Each of these decks brings various multiplayer elements that I've previously discussed into play. Please keep all of this in mind as you read over them.

Aggro Decks

Limited Resources-Based Aggro

This is a very cool deck that I really enjoy playing. There's just so many awesome ways to build it... it's shame that I can only list one. I want to stress that what I'm trying to express here is an idea, not a perfect decklist. The spells in this deck all share the common goal of either being Limited Resources (LR) or being a tutor for it. You will never keep a starting with this deck that doesn't have an E.Tutor or a LR, which is why Serum Powder was included to make mulligans easier. The rest of the deck is 1-2 CMC creatures that can win you the game. I chose a Soul Sister variant, but it really doesn't matter what you actually go with. 

Now, rather than discuss the specifics of these exact 60 cards, I'd rather talk about this strategy in general. First of all, there's plenty of ways to play it. An Aether Vial-based strategy that abuses Glowrider and Thalia, Guardian of Thraben would be very strong in my mind since it should lock people out of the game entirely. Another way to approach the deck would be with cheap artifact mana (such as Sol Ring) and Trinisphere. Thorn of Amethyst and Sphere of Resistance could also be used obviously. Another way to handle Disenchant effects is by using Greater Auramancy, but that can only take you so far. 

As far as a budget version of the deck goes, simply cut the Enlightened Tutors and use cheaper creatures. Squadron Hawk, Gather the Townsfolk and Suture Priest could all be used over the pricier cards. Luminarch Ascension could also be very powerful, as an army of 4/4 fliers should go relatively uncontested.

Lifegain-Based Aggro

[deck=Cat Blade]
Mana
17x Plains
3x Mistveil Plains
2x Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1x Kjeldoran Outpost

Creatures
4x Soul Warden
4x Soul's Attendant
4x Serra Ascendant
1x Auriok Champion
4x Squadron Hawk
4x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Ajani's Pridemate
2x Ranger of Eos

Spells
1x Inheritance
1x Loxodon Warhammer
2x Bonehoard
3x Proclamation of Rebirth
2x Well of Lost Dreams
1x Batterskull
[/deck]
Simple aggro deck packed with lifegain spells to trigger your Ajani's Pridemates and Serra Ascendants. The standard Caw package of Squadron Hawk and Stoneforge Mystic are kicking around to fetch up equipment and produce bodies. The equipment themselves are obviously optional; I've simply listed some of the better ones. I've included some decent draw and recursion engines in the form of Inheritance, Well of Lost Dreams and Proclamation of Rebirth which will hopefully give the deck gas in the mid-late game. Ranger of Eos is just pure value, and will always find you a solid pair of creatures.

Equipment-Based Aggro

[deck=Caw Blade]
Lands
9x Plains
4x Ancient Den
4x Darksteel Citadel
4x Mistveil Plains
4x Kjeldoran Outpost

Creatures
4x Squadron Hawk
4x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Puresteel Paladin
4x Stonehewer Giant

Spells
4x Steelshaper's Gift
2x Skullclamp
1x Heavy Arbalest
1x Loxodon Warhammer
1x Sword of Body and Mind
4x Mobilization
1x Heartseeker
1x Darksteel Plate
2x Bonehoard
1x Batterskull
1x Argentum Armor
[/deck]
Simple Caw-Blade deck that features a large amount of equipment and warm bodies to put them on. Squadron Hawk (+ Mistveil Plains), Kjeldoran Outpost, Mobilization and Sword of Body and Mind all produce a steady stream of threats for you, while Steelshaper's Gift, Stoneforge Mystic and Stonehewer Giant all dig up some equipment for you to use. Puresteel Paladin is part draw-engine and part utility, since his "free equip" bonus is helpful when it comes to abusing cards such as Heavy Arbalest. After all, if you have enough bodies out, you can machine gun the entire table down. The artifact lands are there to support Puresteel Paladin, but they could easily be cut as well. A more Plains-heavy mana base could support an Emeria, the Sky Ruin if you wanted.

Armageddon Aggro

[deck= Die Hard]
Lands
20x Plains
4x Flagstones of Trokair

Creatures
2x Mother of Runes
4x Student of Warfare
4x Squadron Hawk
4x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Mentor of the Meek
4x Mirran Crusader
2x Thraben Doomsayer
4x Hero of Bladehold

Spells
1x Sword of Body and Mind
4x Armageddon
1x Batterskull
2x Catastrophe
[/deck]
The premise of this deck is simple: get ahead on board and then cast Armageddon. The strategy is as old as the game itself, and there's really not much that needs to be said. Your best bet is to fill the deck with the strongest, cheapest creatures at your disposal and hopefully curve a 1, 2, 3, and 4 drop together until you cast a land destruction spell on turns 5 or 6. Flagstone of Trokair helps but isn't required by any means. Nothing in this list is required other than the Armageddons really, I just did my best to highlight some relevant creatures. I'm trying to express the idea, not so much a perfect decklist. Another way to tackle this deck is using Aether Vial, and I strongly encourage people to explore that option. It lets you cast your creatures even if you have no lands in play, which can be backbreaking for your opponent who may be left with nothing. I would simply recommend playing mostly 2-3 CMC creatures, and perhaps consider cards such as Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and Serra Avenger.

Token Aggro

[deck]
Lands
19x Plains
4x Windbrisk Heights
3x Kjeldoran Outpost

Creatures
2x Thraben Doomsayer
3x Mentor of the Meek
1x Mirror Entity
2x Knight-Captain of Eos
2x Captain of the Watch

Spells
3x Skullclamp
3x Martial Coup
4x Intangible Virtue
3x Luminarch Ascension
1x Sacred Mesa
2x Mobilization
1x White Sun's Zenith
1x Decree of Justice
2x Elspeth Tirel
2x Increasing Devotion
2x Hour of Reckoning
[/deck]
This is a basic token deck that's designed to be ultra-resilient, even in the most hostile of metas. Rather that focusing on single-shot effects such as Increasing Devotion, it tries to lean on cards that will continue to produce threats all throughout the game. The deck has a host of sweepers, most of which don't affect creature tokens. Intangible Virtue brings not only a solid source of pump, but enhances the Vigilance subtheme of the deck. The goal is create something that can be both offensive and defensive at the same time. That's why it includes creatures such as Knight-Captain of Eos after all. Mirror Entity is mostly there to act as a late-game win condition who can pump your army to a massive size, but even just turning your team into Soldiers is usually a good enough reason to include him. With respect to drawing cards, there's no such thing as "too much." The deck features 6 draw engines in the form of Skullclamp and Mentor of the Meek, but Carnage Altar, Phyrexian Vault and Inheritance could all be used as well. Inheritance is especially strong in slow metas filled with removal, since at that point it figures to draw you an insane amount of cards every game. While this particular deck only features a single Bonehoard, it could easily include many more (as well as other powerful equipment). If you're worried about not being able to push through for the damage that you'll be required to do, then I suggest adding more of them as you see fit.

Rebel Aggro

[deck=A Rebel Yell]
Lands
18x Plains
4x Mistveil Plains
2x Emeria, the Sky Ruin

Creatures
3x Defiant Falcon
4x Defiant Vanguard
4x Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
3x Ramosian Captain
4x Shield Dancer
3x Ramosian Commander
3x Ramosian Revivalist
2x Ballista Squad
2x Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
3x Ramosian Sky Marshal

Spells
2x Butcher's Cleaver
1x Sword of Vengeance
1x Strata Scythe
1x Bonehoard
1x Sword of Kaldra
[/deck]
Typical Rebel deck that relies on equipment to ultimately finish the other players off. You could run more equipment, better equipment (Swords of X and Y, Umezawa's Jitte, Batterskull), or even just load up on creatures and forget about them altogether. Decks like these are about creating inevitability, so field something that will take the table down in the end. The rest of the deck is self-explanatory, since you're simply going to chain Rebels into more Rebels all game long. I purposely included as many defensive creatures as I possibly could, as this will make attacking into you nearly impossible. I wanted this deck to be both aggressive and defensive at the same time, and I feel as though I accomplished that requirement with these particular cards.

Control Decks

Enchantment-Based Control

[deck=Enchantress]
Lands
23x Plains
1x Kor Haven
1x Emeria, the Sky Ruin

Creatures
4x Mesa Enchantress

Spells
2x Flickering Ward
4x Greater Auramancy
4x Luminarch Ascension
2x Island Sanctuary
4x Idyllic Tutor
1x Karmic Justice
3x Ghostly Prison
3x Humility
2x Replenish
1x Righteous Cause
2x Sigil of the Empty Throne
3x Mind's Eye
[/deck]
This decklist, as with the others, is mostly to put you on the right track. My list lacks protection from targeted spells (i.e. no Ivory Mask/Leyline of Sanctity) but that's because it's not important for my personal meta. As I explained earlier, Enchantress decks should be tuned to beat whatever it is that you personally expect to be facing down. If that's creatures, pack creature hate. If that's targeted spells, be ready to thwart it. If that's spot removal, pull out Karmic Justice and Greater Auramancy. If that's mass removal, pack more Replenishes/Open the Vaults. There is no perfect decklist; the ideal deck for you should be designed with your playgroup in mind.

Straight Control

[deck=Parfait]
Lands
26x Plains

Spells
3x Luminarch Ascension
3x Sun Droplet
4x Ghostly prison
3x Goblin Charbelcher
1x White Sun's Zenith
3x Endless Horizons
4x Day of Judgment
3x Wrath of God
3x Humility
2x Leyline of Sanctity
2x Norn's Annex
2x Mind's Eye
[/deck]
While this deck doesn't include Enlightened Tutor, Land Tax or Scroll Rack, it easily could (and should). If you can afford them/own them, then please, by all means, incorporate them into the deck. Anyways, the deck is a fairly typical Control deck packed with removal, creature hate, and solid win conditions. Luminarch Ascension and Goblin Charbelcher are the ones that I've chosen, but it doesn't matter all too much what you wind up going with. The mana base is purposely left bare to ensure that Goblin Charbelcher never "misses" after you cast an Endless Horizons.

Artifact-Based Control

[deck=White Stax]
Lands
2x Buried Ruin
4x Ancient Tomb
3x Flagstones of Trokair
4x City of Traitors
4x Mishra's Factory
8x Plains

Creatures
3x Magus of the Tabernacle

Spells
4x Mox Diamond
2x Luminarch Ascension
3x Trinisphere
3x Crucible of Worlds
4x Tangle Wire
2x Timely Reinforcements
4x Ghostly Prison
3x Armageddon
2x Humility
3x Smokestack
2x Elspeth, Knight-Errant
[/deck]
Typical Stax deck. Your goal will be to establish an early Smokestack or Armageddon to deny people from establishing their mana base, at which point Ghostly Prison and Magus of the Tabernacle will prevent creature-based attacks on you. Humility adds insults to injury and ensures that you won't get beat down early on. Timely Reinforcements offsets the lifeloss from Ancient Tomb, and provides you with a whack of bodies to feed to your artifacts (Tangle Wire, Smokestack). Elspeth is a token producer with a very relevant ultimate, and it's not overly difficult to pull it off in a deck like this. Mishra's Factory is an important beater since he bypasses Humility and can thus swing as a 2/2 at the very least (if not bigger once you get multiples out).

Blink-Based Control

[deck=In the Blink of an Eye]
Lands
24x Plains
2x Emeria, the Sky Ruin

Creatures
4x Wall of Omens
1x War Priest of Thune
2x Mentor of the Meek
2x Blade Splicer
2x Mangara of Corondor
3x Flickerwisp
3x Galepowder Mage
2x Glimmerpoint Stag
1x Archon of Redemption
2x Karmic Guide
1x Belfry Spirit
2x Reveillark
1x Sunblast Angel
1x Captain of the Watch
3x Sun Titan
1x Ancestor's Chosen

Spells
4x Flickerform
[/deck]
This is a classic example of a White, Blink deck. Its goal is to abuse Blink effects with "enters the battlefield" triggers in order to gain small, incremental advantage over time that create inevitability over your opponents. While there are a plethora of possible effects to choose from, I've highlighted some of the more powerful ones. Mangara of Corondor is probably the most brutal example, since you can simply Blink her after putting her exile trigger on the stack in order to permanently remove a troublesome permanent while still keeping her around. Sunblast Angel can also come out of nowhere to Plague Wind the table if they aren't mindful of her. Mentor of the Meek and Wall of Omens are your primary sources of actual card draw, and will hopefully dig you into action all game long.

Combo Decks

Lifegain-Based Combo

[deck=Soul Sisters]
Lands
20x Plains
1x Kor Haven
1x Emeria, the Sky Ruin
2x Kjeldoran Outpost

Creatures
4x Martyr of Sands
4x Soul Warden
4x Soul's Attendant
3x Auriok Champion
1x Auramancer
2x Ranger of Eos
2x Felidar Sovereign

Spells
2x Idyllic Tutor
4x Proclamation of Rebirth
3x Survival Cache
1x Skull of Orm
2x Well of Lost Dreams
4x Test of Endurance
[/deck]
Another simple deck that I've harped on enough at this point. The goal is sit back, gain life, and win the game using either Test of Endurance or Felidar Sovereign. The deck features some tutors, draw and recursion in hopes of sticking something long enough to win the game. Vedalken Orrery is certainly a possibility, as it would allow you to flash things in at end of turn. Winding Canyons works well too (for the Sovereign that is).

Enduring Renewal Combo

[deck= We will Withstand]
Lands
24x Plains

Creatures
4x Memnite
4x Phyrexian Walker
4x Shield Sphere

Spells
4x Enlightened Tutor
4x Greater Auramancy
4x Altar of Dementia
4x Blasting Station
4x Idyllic Tutor
4x Enduring Renewal
[/deck]
This is deck so is so simple that it's barely worth discussing. Play/tutor for an Enduring Renewal, get a sac outlet into play (either Altar of Dementia or Blasting Station) and then go infinite with any 0 CMC creature. Just mill/burn your opponents out. It's that easy. Ornithopter wasn't used since it's a worse blocker than the other cards, but any 0 CMC creature will work fine. If you really wanted you could add fast mana to the deck such as Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, Sol Ring and Mana Vault, but it isn't needed either. Enlightened Tutor is awesome but could be cut for budgetary reasons. Serum Powder is a decent replacement, and even Golden Wish could work. It's much slower, but it still gets the job done.

Worship/Pariah Combo

[deck=Blessed be the Meek]
Lands
22x Plains
1x Mistveil Plains
1x Kor Haven
1x Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1x Urza's Factory

Creatures
4x Darksteel Myr
4x Creepy Doll
3x Manor Gargoyle

Spells
1x Luminarch Ascension
4x Greater Auramancy
3x Second Sunrise
4x Worship
4x Pariah
2x Pariah's Shield
1x Myr Matrix
3x Open the Vaults
1x Darksteel Forge
[/deck]
This is an outline for a fairly typical Worship deck. The idea is to play an indestructible creature (any will work) and then stick a Worship and/or Pariah to make yourself immortal. Open the Vaults and Second Sunrise protect you from mass removal, but Replenish could easily be used as well. Stuffy Doll is an obvious candidate for the creature section, especially since Pariah is involved. This deck was purposely built with a budget in mind, which is why a lot of card choices may seem suboptimal. The decks wins by either decking everyone, or by riding Luminarch Ascension and/or Myr Turbine to victory. It doesn't win fast, but it gets there eventually.

9. Coping with Adversity: Dealing with White's Weaknesses
I'd like to think that I've done an adequate job of explaining the various strengths of White in multiplayer. That being said, it is a color with some exploitable weaknesses. The most prominent example is a lack of good card draw. While White can do just about everything that you can imagine under the sun, it basically hasn't had a real draw engine printed yet. The closest candidates are Puresteel Paladin, Mentor of the Meek and Mesa Enchantress, but they're vulnerably creatures and only work in certain decks. A lack of solid draw can be especially troublesome in multiplayer where your opponents can quickly bury you with card advantage. Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, Syphon Mind, Decree of Pain and Lurking Predators all spring to mind as cards that can just put players so far ahead that you might never catch up.

Card Draw

Let's face it; White is terrible at drawing cards. Inheritance is passable and Survival Cache can be fine in your lifegain decks, but neither card is turning heads when it comes to providing you with a solid draw engine. The best thing that a White mage can do to shore up this weakness is turn to artifact-based solutions. As I've discussed previously in this guide, cards such as Land Tax, Endless Horizons and Squadron Hawk combo extremely well with Scroll Rack. Shuffling away useless creatures/lands to grab real spells is a trade that you should be willing to make at most stages of the game after all. Beyond that, there are plenty of artifacts that simply draw cards. Mind's Eye is an incredibly relevant multiplayer example, but even less optimal version such as Illuminated Folio can work. There's about 20 or so 4-6 mana artifacts that can tap and pay some amount of mana to draw a card, and I really don't see the need to list them all. None of them are particularly strong, but you won't have the luxury of being overly choosy. That being said, I will take the time to list Well of Lost Dreams, since it's fairly powerful in dedicated lifegain decks. Still, the real contender besides Mind's Eye, in my mind, is Skullclamp. It's a ridiculously powerful draw engine in any creature-based deck, and can do scary things when it's used properly. A combo that I'm fond of is Squadron hawk + Mistveil Plains to constantly shuffle Hawks back in your deck to create an unlimited chain of fuel for your Clamps. The final solution to the card draw problem is to simply play value-added creatures and spells. Stoneforge Mystic tutoring up a Batterskull/Skullclamp/Umezawa's Jitte is better than drawing a random card or two. Squadron Hawk grabbing you 3 additional bodies to the equip them to is better than trying to dig into some. Luminarch Ascension can stick around to turn excess mana in 4/4 flying angels, which means that even dead draws (such as lands) can still be converted into relevant threats.

I will admit that it's an uphill battle to compete in card advantage orientated playgroups, but the best way to circumvent that weakness is to focus on White's strengths. Use better tactics and stronger cards to outwit and ultimately outplay your opponents. Make sure that people are reacting to you and not the other way around. By seizing control of the game, it's very possibly to beat decks that would otherwise crush you. That will go a lot further than trying to cram Inheritance and Survival Cache into every deck you play out of desperation.

10. Conclusion
If you're not overwhelmed, you should be! This is way more information and cards than most players can handle in one sitting. Don't try to learn everything I wrote, just look up the various sections as they become applicable to the deck you're trying to play, and apply it as best you can. My goal for this guide was not to list every card, but to list the best ones. I'm hoping this makes card choices easier on the reader, since the suboptimal ones have been purposely left out. Remember, I'm always patrolling the forums to help out anyone seeking advice on their White decks, so feel free to PM me or make a post and I'll be sure to do as much of the grunt work for you as I can. I would actually prefer to have people not post deck lists in this thread if possible, so please keep that in mind. Finally, I would like to thank you for your time and hope my guide proved to be a useful tool to anyone playing White in their multiplayer games. My goal was to open your minds to the wide world of multiplayer, and I hope that reading this guide has inspired new decks and strategies in all who've read it.
My guide to Black multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/18893722?sdb=1&post_num=1#322195706 My guide to Red multiplayer cards and strategies: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28999213/?sdb=1&post_num=1#517562879 My guide to White multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29011349/?sdb=1&pg=last#517773211 My guide to Green multiplayer cards and strategies http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29034323/Tichs_Guide_to_Green_Multiplayer_Cards_and_Strategies
*** An Open Request to Anyone Who's Read This Guide ***

First of all, let me personally thank you for taking the time to read what I have to say. I hope that my guide has steered you in the right in the direction by clearly demonstrating to you what a multiplayer deck should look like. Still, one thing that I would always love to hear is what I could do better. Are there any decks that I should add to my "Sample Decklists" section? I'm not asking for full lists, just general concepts. I do my best to come up with as many as I possibly can, but I'm only one man. Are there are any strategies that I should add to my "Synergies and Strategies" section? Am I showcasing the right kinds of cards in my "Cards Everyone Should Have" section? Did you find the guide too long, too complicated, too boring? Are there any obvious spelling mistakes/broken links? What did you find most useful from reading this? Was there anything that you felt was a total waste of time? Can you apply these concepts to your own deckbuilding process? All these questions and more are things that I would love to hear about. You don't have to answer them all or anything, as I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Oh, and by all means, pour on the criticism. Trust me, I can take it. The best responses that I've ever gotten about my guides have been constructive criticism that I've been more than happy to apply to them. Putting it bluntly, I'd rather hear about what I'm doing wrong/what I could do better over what I'm doing right. Your opinion matters a lot to me, even if you don't think it does. I don't want anyone to feel as though they're not qualified to give negative feedback or what have you. I've made this guide for you. If you've read it and didn't find it useful, then believe me, I want to hear it.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Another great thread.  FYI you have a couple typo's.  In the last sentence under persistent cards its says red instead of white and in your conclusion second to last sentence same thing. 

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

How to autocard

Most important rule in autocarding is make sure you spell the card correctly.

Single Card

[*c]Forest[*/c] minus * = Forest

Deck

[*deck]

16 Forest

2 strip mine

[*/deck]

minus * =

Card Nicknames [*c=Wrath of God]WoG[*/c] minus the * = WoG

Single Player Decks I'm currently playing

Assault of the Minotaurs

Lands
19 Mountain
4 Khalni Garden
1 Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts
4 Didgeridoo
4 Gorgon Flail
1 Konda's Banner
1 Tenza, Godo's Maul

Spells
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Anaba Ancestor
4 Minotaur Aggressor
4 Talruum Minotaur
4 Gorehorn Minotaurs
4 Lord of Shatterskull Pass
2 Tahngarth, Talruum Hero

Rapid infenction

Lands

18 Forest
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
4 Glistener Elf
4 Necropede
4 Ichorclaw Myr

Spells
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Griant Growth
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Apostle's Blessing

Use your Illusion

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Phantom Warrior
3 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Adaptive Automaton
3 Illusory Angel

Artifacts
2 Swiftfoot Boots

Spells
3 Sleep
4 Ponder
4 Muddle the Mixture

Goblin deck

Land

16 Mountain

4 Goblin Burrows

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Goblin War Strike
2 Brightstone Ritual
2 Quest for the Goblin Lord

Creatures
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Balloon Brigade
3 Goblin Guide
2 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Matron
1 Goblin King
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Warchief
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Look out the Land is Falling

Lands
4 Evoling Wilds
4 Terramorphic Expanse
7 Plains
9 Forest

Spells
3 Vines of Vastwood
4 Cultivate
3 Groundswell

Enchantments
4 Oblivion Ring

Artifacts
2 Adventuring Gear

Creatures
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Ruin Ghost
2 Baloth Woodcrasher
2 Rampaging Baloths
4 Emeria Angel
4 Vinelasher Kudzu

Ula's Deep Sea Drezins

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Inkwell Leviathan
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Sage of Epityr
4 Stormtide Leviathan
2 Grozoth
3 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Cursecatcher

Enchantment
4 Quest for Ula's Temple

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Dizzy Spell
4 Clockspinning

Green Beatdown

Lands

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village

Spells
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Rancor
2 Might of Oaks

Creatures
4 Albino Troll
4 Groundbreaker
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Leatherback Baloth
3 River Boa
1 Mire Boa

Elemental Assault

Lands
16 Mountain
4 Teetering Peaks

Spells
4 Lightning bolt
3 Breaking Point
1 Warstorm Surge
4 Brute Force
4 Browbeat
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Ball Lightning
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Spark Elemental
2 Lightning Serpent

Death from the Sky

Land
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Seaside Haven
5 Plains
5 Island

Creatures
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Soulcatcher
4 Judge's Familar
3 Augury Owl
3 Cloudreach Cavalry
3 Pride of Clouds
2 Emeria Angel
2 Aven Mimeomancer
1 God of Awe

Spells
4 Soulcatchers' Aerie
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Battle Screech
2 Airborne Raid

Stompy

Lands
18 Forest

Creatures
3 Garruk's Companion
3 Rogue Elephant
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Pouncing Jaguar
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Shinen of Life's Roar

Spells
3 Groundswell
4 Rancor
3 Gather Courage
3 Briar Shield
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Fog

Multi-Player Decks I'm currently Playing

Discard

Lands
22 Swamp

Spells
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Sign in Blood

2 Syphon Mind
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments
4 Necrogen Mists
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Shrieking Affliction

Artifacts
4 Wheel of Torture
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Bottled Cloister

Everyone Burns

18 Mountain
2 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
2 Glacial Chasm
1 Shivan Gorge

Creatures
4 Aether Membrane

Artifacts
3 Sun Droplet

Enchantments
4 Quest for Pure Flame

Spells
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Browbeat
4 Flamebreak
4 Acidic Soil
3 Breaking Point
3 Breath of Darigaaz

Brewing a Storm

Lands
2 Glacial Chasm
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Greypelt Refuge
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Plains

Spells
3 Wrath of God
2 Hurricane

Enchantment
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Titania's Song
2 Aura of Silence
2 Kismet
1 Fastbond

Artifacts
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Storm Cauldron
4 Ankh of Mishra
2 Sun Droplet
1 Venser's Journal
2 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden
4 Darksteel Ingot

Beast Gone Wild

Lands
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Contested Cliffs
4 Kazandu Refuge
4 Gruul Turf
1 Yavimaya Hollow
8 Forest

Creatures
4 Krosan Warchief
4 Wirewood Savage
3 Ravenous Baloth
3 Rampaging Baloths
2 Spearbreaker Behemoth
2 Mold Shambler
2 Terra Stomper
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Gruul Ragebeast
1 Silklash Spider
1 Copperhoof Vorrac
1 Ursapine
1 Molder Slug
1 Protean Hulk

Enchantments
4 Wild Growth
2 Warstorm Surge
1 Spidersilk Armor

Planeswalker
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Elven Rythym Nation

Lands
14 Forest
2 Wirewood Lodge
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
3 Joraga Warcaller
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Priest of Titania
2 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Imperious Perfect

Spells
1 Asceticism
2 Biorhythm
2 Hurricane
2 Eldrazi Monument

I want to drink your blood

Lands
18 Swamp
4 Leechridden Swamp
2 Cabal Coffers

Creatures
4 Pulse Tracker
3 Blood Artist
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Falkenrath Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper

Enchantments
3 Underworld Connections
1 No Mercy
1 Phyrexian Reclamation

Spells
4 Syphon Soul
4 Blood Tithe
3 Exsanguinate

Draw equals Pain

Land
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Sulfur Falls
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
2 Deserted Temple
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Island
2 Mountain

Creatures
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll
2 Jace's Archivist
2 Kami of the Crescent Moon
4 Psychosis Crawler

Artifacts
4 Howling Mine
4 Iron Maiden
4 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Ivory Tower

Spells
4 Winds of Change
4 Molten Psyche
2 Copy Artifact
2 Sunder
2 Cyclonic Rift

Rainbow Sliver

Lands
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Breeding Pool

Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Essence Sliver
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
1 Fury Sliver

Spells
3 Distant Melody
1 Creeping Renaissance

Artifacts
2 Door of Destinies

soldier

Lands
22 Plains
2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

Creatures
4 Veteran Swordsmith
4 Daru Warchief
3 Field Marshal
3 Knight-Captain of Eos
3 Captain of the Watch
3 Catapult Master
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Stormfront Riders
1 Darien, King of Kjeldor
1 Odric, Master Tactician

Spells
4 Skullclamp
2 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mobilization

Planeswalker
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Life Test

Lands
16 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads
2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Miren, the Moaing Well

Creatures
4 Wall of Reverence
2 Divinity of Pride
4 Serra Ascendant
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Kami of False Hope

Spells
2 Test of Endurance
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Beacon of Immortality
2 Fracturing Gust
3 Congregate
2 Well of Lost Dreams
2 Proclamation of Rebirth
4 Chastise
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Debtors' Knell

Planeswalker
1 Ajani Goldmane

Thanks, good catch. I'm obviously copy pasting most of this stuff from my guides and sometimes I miss stuff like that. I'm usually jumping back and forth between the different guides when I work on them, so I sometimes forget which one I'm on. I thought I had all of those little "color specific" things changed, but apparantly I was wrong lol.

Tbh I'm sure that there's still plenty of typos and missing words in my guide. I have a really bad habit of typing things out in my head rather than on the screen, and since I think faster than I can type I tend to miss random words as I'm going along (especially if I really get in to writing something).
Great guide. I personally use Moat (I know it is harder to find) with Humility so that really locks the creatures out, even tough the life gain is a good idea and may be a little better.

My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
Oh no, trust me, I know that Moat is much better lol. I just have 0 intention of suggesting $100.00+ cards in "general" combos.
Yeah, got that lol. And I must confess I don't have it for real nor ever had it, it's in my online library/deck, and I use it in a white/black deck. Still whenever your partner is playing black or red, you usually just sealed the game.

And I also agree, there is nothing funnier than seeing 1/1 Eldrazis.
My decks, mostly casuals, but some I use online with some small changes: http://www.mtgvault.com/Profile.aspx?UserID=91484
I figured you copied and pasted.  Just thought you wanted to know.

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

How to autocard

Most important rule in autocarding is make sure you spell the card correctly.

Single Card

[*c]Forest[*/c] minus * = Forest

Deck

[*deck]

16 Forest

2 strip mine

[*/deck]

minus * =

Card Nicknames [*c=Wrath of God]WoG[*/c] minus the * = WoG

Single Player Decks I'm currently playing

Assault of the Minotaurs

Lands
19 Mountain
4 Khalni Garden
1 Thawing Glaciers

Artifacts
4 Didgeridoo
4 Gorgon Flail
1 Konda's Banner
1 Tenza, Godo's Maul

Spells
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Adaptive Automaton
4 Anaba Ancestor
4 Minotaur Aggressor
4 Talruum Minotaur
4 Gorehorn Minotaurs
4 Lord of Shatterskull Pass
2 Tahngarth, Talruum Hero

Rapid infenction

Lands

18 Forest
1 Inkmoth Nexus
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
4 Glistener Elf
4 Necropede
4 Ichorclaw Myr

Spells
4 Rancor
4 Might of Old Krosa
4 Griant Growth
4 Mutagenic Growth
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Apostle's Blessing

Use your Illusion

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Krovikan Mist
3 Phantom Warrior
3 Phantasmal Dragon
4 Lord of the Unreal
4 Phantasmal Bear
4 Adaptive Automaton
3 Illusory Angel

Artifacts
2 Swiftfoot Boots

Spells
3 Sleep
4 Ponder
4 Muddle the Mixture

Goblin deck

Land

16 Mountain

4 Goblin Burrows

Spells
4 Goblin Grenade
4 Goblin War Strike
2 Brightstone Ritual
2 Quest for the Goblin Lord

Creatures
4 Goblin Bushwhacker
4 Goblin Balloon Brigade
3 Goblin Guide
2 Warren Instigator
4 Goblin Wardriver
4 Goblin Matron
1 Goblin King
3 Goblin Chieftain
3 Goblin Warchief
1 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Krenko, Mob Boss

Look out the Land is Falling

Lands
4 Evoling Wilds
4 Terramorphic Expanse
7 Plains
9 Forest

Spells
3 Vines of Vastwood
4 Cultivate
3 Groundswell

Enchantments
4 Oblivion Ring

Artifacts
2 Adventuring Gear

Creatures
4 Steppe Lynx
4 Ruin Ghost
2 Baloth Woodcrasher
2 Rampaging Baloths
4 Emeria Angel
4 Vinelasher Kudzu

Ula's Deep Sea Drezins

Lands
18 Island
4 Halimar Depths

Creatures
4 Inkwell Leviathan
3 Kraken Hatchling
3 Sage of Epityr
4 Stormtide Leviathan
2 Grozoth
3 Spiketail Hatchling
3 Cursecatcher

Enchantment
4 Quest for Ula's Temple

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Dizzy Spell
4 Clockspinning

Green Beatdown

Lands

18 Forest
4 Treetop Village

Spells
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Rancor
2 Might of Oaks

Creatures
4 Albino Troll
4 Groundbreaker
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Viridian Zealot
4 Pouncing Jaguar
4 Leatherback Baloth
3 River Boa
1 Mire Boa

Elemental Assault

Lands
16 Mountain
4 Teetering Peaks

Spells
4 Lightning bolt
3 Breaking Point
1 Warstorm Surge
4 Brute Force
4 Browbeat
4 Assault Strobe

Creatures
4 Ball Lightning
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Blistering Firecat
4 Hellspark Elemental
4 Spark Elemental
2 Lightning Serpent

Death from the Sky

Land
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Azorius Chancery
4 Seaside Haven
5 Plains
5 Island

Creatures
4 Squadron Hawk
4 Soulcatcher
4 Judge's Familar
3 Augury Owl
3 Cloudreach Cavalry
3 Pride of Clouds
2 Emeria Angel
2 Aven Mimeomancer
1 God of Awe

Spells
4 Soulcatchers' Aerie
4 Oblivion Ring
2 Battle Screech
2 Airborne Raid

Stompy

Lands
18 Forest

Creatures
3 Garruk's Companion
3 Rogue Elephant
4 Silhana Ledgewalker
4 Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
3 Pouncing Jaguar
3 Quirion Ranger
3 Shinen of Life's Roar

Spells
3 Groundswell
4 Rancor
3 Gather Courage
3 Briar Shield
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Fog

Multi-Player Decks I'm currently Playing

Discard

Lands
22 Swamp

Spells
4 Innocent Blood
4 Mutilate
4 Sign in Blood

2 Syphon Mind
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Vampiric Tutor

Enchantments
4 Necrogen Mists
4 Bottomless Pit
4 Shrieking Affliction

Artifacts
4 Wheel of Torture
3 Ensnaring Bridge
3 Bottled Cloister

Everyone Burns

18 Mountain
2 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
2 Glacial Chasm
1 Shivan Gorge

Creatures
4 Aether Membrane

Artifacts
3 Sun Droplet

Enchantments
4 Quest for Pure Flame

Spells
4 Sizzle
4 Flame Rift
4 Browbeat
4 Flamebreak
4 Acidic Soil
3 Breaking Point
3 Breath of Darigaaz

Brewing a Storm

Lands
2 Glacial Chasm
3 Sunpetal Grove
3 Greypelt Refuge
4 Brushland
4 Forest
5 Plains

Spells
3 Wrath of God
2 Hurricane

Enchantment
2 Ghostly Prison
2 Titania's Song
2 Aura of Silence
2 Kismet
1 Fastbond

Artifacts
4 Fieldmist Borderpost
4 Storm Cauldron
4 Ankh of Mishra
2 Sun Droplet
1 Venser's Journal
2 Horn of Greed
4 Iron Maiden
4 Darksteel Ingot

Beast Gone Wild

Lands
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Contested Cliffs
4 Kazandu Refuge
4 Gruul Turf
1 Yavimaya Hollow
8 Forest

Creatures
4 Krosan Warchief
4 Wirewood Savage
3 Ravenous Baloth
3 Rampaging Baloths
2 Spearbreaker Behemoth
2 Mold Shambler
2 Terra Stomper
1 Craterhoof Behemoth
1 Gruul Ragebeast
1 Silklash Spider
1 Copperhoof Vorrac
1 Ursapine
1 Molder Slug
1 Protean Hulk

Enchantments
4 Wild Growth
2 Warstorm Surge
1 Spidersilk Armor

Planeswalker
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter

Elven Rythym Nation

Lands
14 Forest
2 Wirewood Lodge
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
1 Pendelhaven

Creatures
3 Joraga Warcaller
2 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
4 Priest of Titania
2 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wirewood Symbiote
4 Elvish Visionary
4 Elvish Archdruid
4 Sylvan Messenger
4 Imperious Perfect

Spells
1 Asceticism
2 Biorhythm
2 Hurricane
2 Eldrazi Monument

I want to drink your blood

Lands
18 Swamp
4 Leechridden Swamp
2 Cabal Coffers

Creatures
4 Pulse Tracker
3 Blood Artist
4 Vampire Nighthawk
4 Malakir Bloodwitch
3 Falkenrath Noble
2 Bloodline Keeper

Enchantments
3 Underworld Connections
1 No Mercy
1 Phyrexian Reclamation

Spells
4 Syphon Soul
4 Blood Tithe
3 Exsanguinate

Draw equals Pain

Land
1 Tolarian Academy
2 Sulfur Falls
4 Great Furnace
4 Seat of the Synod
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
2 Deserted Temple
2 Reliquary Tower
3 Island
2 Mountain

Creatures
4 Swans of Bryn Argoll
2 Jace's Archivist
2 Kami of the Crescent Moon
4 Psychosis Crawler

Artifacts
4 Howling Mine
4 Iron Maiden
4 Ebony Owl Netsuke
1 Ivory Tower

Spells
4 Winds of Change
4 Molten Psyche
2 Copy Artifact
2 Sunder
2 Cyclonic Rift

Rainbow Sliver

Lands
4 Ancient Ziggurat
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Breeding Pool

Creatures
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Sinew Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
3 Winged Sliver
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Homing Sliver
2 Heart Sliver
2 Acidic Sliver
1 Sliver Overlord
1 Essence Sliver
1 Necrotic Sliver
1 Harmonic Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Shifting Sliver
1 Fury Sliver

Spells
3 Distant Melody
1 Creeping Renaissance

Artifacts
2 Door of Destinies

soldier

Lands
22 Plains
2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

Creatures
4 Veteran Swordsmith
4 Daru Warchief
3 Field Marshal
3 Knight-Captain of Eos
3 Captain of the Watch
3 Catapult Master
2 Loxodon Gatekeeper
2 Angel of Glory's Rise
2 Stormfront Riders
1 Darien, King of Kjeldor
1 Odric, Master Tactician

Spells
4 Skullclamp
2 Eldrazi Monument
1 Mobilization

Planeswalker
1 Elspeth, Knight-Errant

Life Test

Lands
16 Plains
4 Kabira Crossroads
2 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Miren, the Moaing Well

Creatures
4 Wall of Reverence
2 Divinity of Pride
4 Serra Ascendant
4 Martyr of Sands
4 Kami of False Hope

Spells
2 Test of Endurance
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Beacon of Immortality
2 Fracturing Gust
3 Congregate
2 Well of Lost Dreams
2 Proclamation of Rebirth
4 Chastise
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Debtors' Knell

Planeswalker
1 Ajani Goldmane

What's your experience with Pursuit of Knowledge?  I've tried it in the past alongside Island Sanctuary, but always felt it too slow.  In addition, faster metas would eat it up; still, slower ones (full of bad decks or passive players) could benefit from a handful of cards.

As I type this, it occurs to me that it could be accelerated with other drawing tricks, something I had not considered in the past.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
I'm not too sure why Pursuit of Knowledge would combo with Island Sanctuary. The natural draw could only be "replaced" once; you couldn't tick up the Pursuit and protect yourself with Sanctuary at the same time.

Anyways, I don't like the card in general. It's a one shot effect that's very costly to activate, and eating a random mass removal spell will just dream crush you. It might be targeted down by spot removal too (I doubt that though), but overall it just seems like a lackluster card. 
I totally agree, it's way too slow, still I would take it 10 times out of 10 over Stasis wich is probably the most ridiculous card, right before Chaos orb.
I totally agree, it's way too slow, still I would take it 10 times out of 10 over Stasis wich is probably the most ridiculous card, right before Chaos orb.

Ummm... what exactly do Pursuit of Knowledge and Stasis have in common lol? It's not like we're not comparing Ponder to Preordain with that one :P.

Ummm... what exactly do Pursuit of Knowledge and Stasis have in common lol? It's not like we're not comparing Ponder to Preordain with that one :P.

Both are cards that at first look you go" Oh I think could do something with this" but then you realize there isn't much you can really do on a fast and effective basis so you just forget them.

Both are also 2 pretty crappy rares.

Both have the old school color frame.

That should be it for now.

Both are cards that at first look you go" Oh I think could do something with this" but then you realize there isn't much you can really do on a fast and effective basis so you just forget them.

Emphasis mine.

Going to have to disagree with you on this. Stasis, when combined with Frozen Aether, can lock your opponents out of the game incredibly quickly. All you need is something like Forsaken City to create a hard lock.

Emphasis mine.

Going to have to disagree with you on this. Stasis, when combined with Frozen Aether, can lock your opponents out of the game incredibly quickly. All you need is something like Forsaken City to create a hard lock.

The question was "Ummm... what exactly do Pursuit of Knowledge and Stasis have in common lol?" Not with wich cards they can work. With any decent extra turns mechanic Pursuit could work too.

And back in the days your better option to work with Stasis that way was Kismet (I wonder where the idea for Frozen Aether came from ... ) but pass that there wasn't much.

So sure since then you could argue that Stasis can be used a little more effectively than Pursuit of Knowledge but both are mostly good to say you got a whole set.

Well, the point that I was trying to make is that Stasis is a viable combo card whereas Pursuit of Knowledge is always going to be bad. If you have a deck that generates an arbitrarily large number of extra turns/draws a ton of cards, then that's the "good" portion of the deck. You can add Pursuit of Knowledge to that combo (or whatever), and it won't make it worse or anything, but it's not going to make it better either. You're going to win because your decks draws a ton of cards/takes a ton of extra turns, not because you dinged an extra 3 cards. Pursuit of Knowledge has nothing to do with it. I personally consider Stasis to be viable multiplayer card in a dedicated Stasis deck, but I don't consider PoK to be viable in anything. That's all that I'm trying to say.
Great guide, I am still coming back to it and the other color guides to help me with my card choices.  I especially pay attention to sample deck lists and I often use them as a launch point for my own decks.  I was looking to add a multiplayer white deck to my collection (currently only have the New Phyrexia white event deck for the rare duels with friends) but noticed that the only really budget deck in the list was the Rebel Aggro deck.  This was kind of disappointing because I really like the White Mage playstyle of lifegain/protection/weenies.

Does White just have few really stand-out card choices for multiplayer?  It looks like many of the stand-out duel cards are also really good multiplayer performers, which is different than the offerings Black has (affordable cards that are powerhouses in multiplayer like Exsanguinate).

Lastly, I picked up a set of the Rebel Aggro deck you had listed.  I am pretty excited to test it out with some of the spare equipment all-stars I have laying around for my unfinished Equipment aggro deck (Batterskull, Umezawa's Jitte, Loxodon Warhammer).  What do you think about adding Outrider en-Kor to the list as a combo with Cho-Manno, Revolutionary?  Or even a singleton Mirror Entity?
Great guide, I am still coming back to it and the other color guides to help me with my card choices.  I especially pay attention to sample deck lists and I often use them as a launch point for my own decks.  I was looking to add a multiplayer white deck to my collection (currently only have the New Phyrexia white event deck for the rare duels with friends) but noticed that the only really budget deck in the list was the Rebel Aggro deck.  This was kind of disappointing because I really like the White Mage playstyle of lifegain/protection/weenies.

The sad reality is that Magic isn't a cheap game any more. Any card that's even remotely playable is $5.00+, especially if it's from an older set. This is especially true for "bad" colors such as White that don't get very many playables to begin with. When it does get a good card it will almost inevitably shoot up in price. I do my best to list budget decks whenever I can, but it's becoming more and more difficult as the game increases in popularity. I try to look at my lists and shave money cards wherever I can, but in doing so I usually make the deck much weaker and less consistent. There's only so much that I can cut before I'm looking at a deck that I wouldn't personally play, and that defeats the whole purpose of this guide. I want to show people what powerful decks look like, but that's not always easy to do on a budget. Hell, that's putting it far too lightly. Budget decks are always going to be bad. That's why they're budget decks. If you could play a hyper-competitive deck that was inexpensive to build then everyone would be fielding it. Budget decks are cheap because they use low quality cards, and low quality cards aren't what you want to be playing with in general. That's why I try and urge people to think of my decks as stepping stones to building their own. You don't need to copy them card-for-card, you just need to embrace the theory behind the deck itself. My token aggro deck doesn't need multiple Elspeths. You could run some Carthars' Crusades in those slots or whatever. I want to showcase a powerful card like Elspeth since she will make the deck stronger overall, but you can still substitute her for budget options if needed.

Does White just have few really stand-out card choices for multiplayer?  It looks like many of the stand-out duel cards are also really good multiplayer performers, which is different than the offerings Black has (affordable cards that are powerhouses in multiplayer like Exsanguinate).

White is a very weak color in general, which makes it hard to build solid decks for it. Its best cards tend to be things such as Limited Resources, Armageddon and Balance, which are much more powerful than Exsanguinate could ever hope to be. They're not "fun" cards however, so people tend to avoid them. As such, you're basically playing with the (arguably) worst color and aren't even taking into consideration its best cards. Also, a lot of White staples are cards such as Swords to Plowshares and various weenies, which tend to fare miserably in big Chaos games. I know that some people hate on me for bashing StP and other spot removal, but in 7 years of playing multiplayer magic it's never failed to disappoint me. What it basically boils down to is that people end up playing White for Wrath of God and then some mediocre spells and effects. That's just not going to cut it more often than not. WoG is good, but it's not enough to win you games. Again, as good as White's removal is, it only has a select-few "power" cards that it can use to win the game, and those cards tend to be rather costly.

Lastly, I picked up a set of the Rebel Aggro deck you had listed.  I am pretty excited to test it out with some of the spare equipment all-stars I have laying around for my unfinished Equipment aggro deck (Batterskull, Umezawa's Jitte, Loxodon Warhammer).  What do you think about adding Outrider en-Kor to the list as a combo with Cho-Manno, Revolutionary?  Or even a singleton Mirror Entity?

Mirror Entity should just plain be in the deck. It's a mistake to not have some listed. I'll update the deck to reflect that during my next update. The other cards seem fine, but don't particularly excite me. Cho seems like he'd be a fine a blocker, so I don't see why you couldn't add a few them in the deck. The Outrider just seems lackluster, as I'm not too sure what it actually accomplishes. It just seems like a "3/3" (or whatever) with a fairly marginal ability.

Mirror Entity should just plain be in the deck. It's a mistake to not have some listed. I'll update the deck to reflect that during my next update. The other cards seem fine, but don't particularly excite me. Cho seems like he'd be a fine a blocker, so I don't see why you couldn't add a few them in the deck. The Outrider just seems lackluster, as I'm not too sure what it actually accomplishes. It just seems like a "3/3" (or whatever) with a fairly marginal ability.

Outrider en-Kor does not combo with Cho-Manno, Revolutionary. It combos with Task Force to give you an infinitely large ground blocker (better in trampling environments). It then combos with Animal boneyard or Miren, the Moaning Well to make you unkillable except through other infinite combos/decking/etc.

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group