3 Sanity Grinding
4 Tome Scour

4 Darkslick Shores
4 Drowned Catacomb
6 Island
3 Nephalia Drownyard
Swamp
4 Watery Grave

Induce Paranoia is mucho too slow.  Try Remand or Mana Leak or something.  Don't worry about not getting the milling action.

On second thought, might be best to entirely drop black.  Induce Paranoia, Damnation, Leyline, and Mind Funeral are not doing enough whenever Sanity Grinding can do just as much.  See, Twincast with Grinding makes potentially powerful plays.

Okay, so many splash black, because Glimpse is really good.  Just don't go so full in on black is all I'm saying.
in my area most of the guys playing there are playing red deck win or aggro decks. damnation will keep me alive . and leyline will keep unearth, flashback and some other cards shut. like grim lavamancer or snapcaster mage.

black also gives me access to glimpse and mind funeral. which most of the times its lethal enough
in my area most of the guys playing there are playing red deck win or aggro decks. damnation will keep me alive . and leyline will keep unearth, flashback and some other cards shut. like grim lavamancer or snapcaster mage.

black also gives me access to glimpse and mind funeral. which most of the times its lethal enough

The problem is Sanity Grind needs a lot of cards to be any kinds of useful.  Yes, maybe you've hit a good number in the past, but I don't really seeing you hit anything high consistently.

Honestly, your deck is filled to the brim with cards which are only beginning to be useful on turn four.  Dampen Thought is only good with multiples, and to take advantage of that you need four mana.  If you play it early without waiting to splice extras, then you've just reduced your chances of hitting two in your hand significantly.  Induce Paranoia--four mana.  Damnation and probably your Leyline too, unless you get lucky with your opening hand.  Snapcaster won't even be useful for you until turn four, allowing you to flashback Glimpse.

If red decks are a problem in your area, you've got a lot more to be concerned about.  Shrine of Burning Rage is going to be tough to beat, especially since they'll be able to also play Quest for Pure Flame.  With enough straight burn in their deck--Lightning Bolt, Flame Javelin, Rift Bolt, Lava Spike, etc.--Damnation does nothing for you in the end.  Shrine will still burn you out, and very likely before you really mill them very much.

All I'm saying is your deck is too slow.  If you are worried about unearth and flashback, play Grafdigger's Cage (I know, you are playing Snapcaster, but Leyline isn't enough).  Try out Hedron Crab instead of Sanity Grind.  If you want to use Sanity Grind effectively, I would look into community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758... which is the last deck I've seen posted here about Grind.  Maybe that deck will have new ideas for you.
Sign In to post comments