Best cheap Modern draw spells...

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm using Serum Visions a LOT, but I was curious on what else is 'best' cheap draw spells for Modern or at least those that are used more often than most...

That depends entirely on what color(s) you're running and what the basis of the deck is. Unfortunately, blue doesn't have much going for it.

Thirst for Knowledge and Jace Beleren are probably my two favored default choices for blue. Compulsive Research can work so long as you don't mind it being a sorcery. Perilous Research can be an absolutely wonderful piece of draw in the right setting. If you do go the Perilous Research route, it might be a nice idea (if you feel) to throw in 1-2 copies of Hatching Plans (too many and you'll get watered down with them). Ninja of the Deep Hours is very conditional and long forgotten, but it can still work in a limited fashion. Probably its largest use isn't the draw feature (which typically ends up being a cantrip), but that it bounces. All in all, your best bet for "draw" in blue isn't so much draw itself, but playing like a boss and taking advantage of things like Snapcaster Mage or Spellstutter Sprite. Card advantage is card advantage whether it's drawing you cards or not.

If you want ideas for other colors, you have to say so. 

lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
What are your thoughts on Telling Time?  It's an odd duck, but I've enjoyed it in the past...
It's not terrible? But it's also not draw. It's a cantrip. And for 2cc, I wouldn't use it. 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
While it doesn't 'draw' you a card, it does let you filter and 'get' a card.  I'm mainly focusing on blue since it's the best at drawing.  Thanks for the feedback...
Sign In to post comments