GW Wolf Run Ramp

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cut the red cards. You don't need Slagstorm, Whipflare or Galvanic Blast when you're running GW, it just makes your mana harder and you already have Day of Judgment and O-Ring available. You only need a tiny amount of red mana to activate the Wolf Runs and sideboard Grudges.

Always run 4 Primeval Titan.

Other than that, it seems okay. 
Is wurmcoil really better than Elesh in this deck?
Photobucket
Is wurmcoil really better than Elesh in this deck?

Needed for life gain late game. Norn can be GSZ'd  

Elesh Norn can NOT be GSZ'd. GSZ can only find green creatures.

PS if you didnt my comment in the other thread I love your name and avatar. Even though Oblivion is way cooler, just sayin.
Photobucket
Gideon and Garruk don't really belong here because the deck already goes way over the top on it's own. I would keep multiple Whipflare and Red Sun's Zenith, but drop Slagstorm. I'd also say to run 2 Oblivion Rings mainboard and use the slot for an extra Birds, Acidic Slime or Brutalizer Exarch
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
Elesh Norn can NOT be GSZ'd. GSZ can only find green creatures.

PS if you didnt my comment in the other thread I love your name and avatar. Even though Oblivion is way cooler, just sayin.

/me facedesk

Sooooo true, sooo true. Then yes, profit wise I'd proably add an extra garruk for the search.

Yea I saw that :3 Knew you'd get the refference seeing that you're Heartless and Nobody .-." Nah OathKeeper is so much cooler        

What references? I don't get it

Also Norn will be much easier to cast providing you can drop a prime time, which is sooooo hard in wrr. but wurm benefits (not really but kinda) from day. you should drop the day count. four is a lot, maybe sb two. another thing why isn't there four BoP?

p.s. i cast my vote for oblivion it's BA
False, black bear.
What references? I don't get it

Also Norn will be much easier to cast providing you can drop a prime time, which is sooooo hard in wrr. but wurm benefits (not really but kinda) from day. you should drop the day count. four is a lot, maybe sb two. another thing why isn't there four BoP?

p.s. i cast my vote for oblivion it's BA

- 1x Acidic Slime
- 1x Mirran Crusader
+ 2x Day of Judgment
Sideboard

-2x Day of Judgment
+ 1x Garruk Relentless
+ 1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Mainboard

BoP arn't needed because there's nothing good for a 3 drop turn 3. Should I use my two Huntmaster of the Fells Instead of Garruk and Norn?

Awh :c I like Oathkeeper, it's fancy-er ;)   

well still. at least two birds. that card is da bomb. huntmasters i will agree with due to gsz.
False, black bear.
What about
-1 Garruk
-1 Rampant Growth
+2 Huntmaster

From what I've heard that card is an absolute beast, though I have no real idea cuz I dont play RG. But still props cuz this looks like a really fun wolf run deck that can hold its own. Also Oblivion>Oathkeeper, in stats, appearance, awesomeness, and who they represent.
Photobucket
4x Primeval Titan
3x Solemn Simulacrum
2x Huntmaster of the Fells 
2x Inferno Titan
1x Wurmcoil Engine  
1x Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
1x Thrun, The Last Troll  
1x Birds of Paradise
1x Acidic Slime 
16 Creatures

4x Rampant Growth 
3x Oblivion Ring 
2x Day of Judgment 
2x Green Sun's Zenith
1x Whipflare
12 Sorceries

4x Sphere of the Suns
4 Artifacts

2x Gideon Jura
1x Garruk Relentless
3x Planeswalkers

4x Razorverge Thicket
4x Sunpetal Grove
4x Rootbound Crag
3x Inkmoth Nexus  
2x Kessig Wolf Run 
3x Forest
3x Plains
2x Mountain 
25 Lands

3x Timely Reinforcements
2x Day of Judgment
2x Thrun, The Last Troll
2x Ancient Grudge
2x Naturalize
2x Autumn's Veil
2x Nihil spellbomb
15 Sideboard

Still think a second birds would be a bit awkward :S

T1: Razorverge Thicket, Birds of Paradise
T2: Razorverge Thicket, Rampant Growth - Forest (Birds can be used as a extra mana I guess? if no 2nd land drop and with a double [c]Rampant Growth or Sphere of the Suns.
T3: Rootbound Crag, Solemn Simulacrum - Mountain
T4: Primeval Titan, Tapping with birds or place a land

If I can't get something then I guess birds would be fine :3 

What about
-1 Garruk
-1 Rampant Growth
+2 Huntmaster

From what I've heard that card is an absolute beast, though I have no real idea cuz I dont play RG. But still props cuz this looks like a really fun wolf run deck that can hold its own. Also Oblivion>Oathkeeper, in stats, appearance, awesomeness, and who they represent.

No Rampant Growth would be awkward and Garruk would take away the removal/control along with search for Huntsmaster or Norn
I thought you were putting another in looking at the top post of the page which i why I said him and ya I was on the fence about the growth but I thought maybe 3 would be okay but wasnt sure.
Photobucket
I thought you were putting another in looking at the top post of the page which i why I said him and ya I was on the fence about the growth but I thought maybe 3 would be okay but wasnt sure.

Edited OP

Yea I think keeping 4 Rampant Growth is the best. Its needed for T4 Titan  
Sign In to post comments