Phantasmal Image/Hex Parasite Question

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quick Question.  If I control a Phantasmal Image that is a copy of Geralf's Messenger with a +1/+1 counter on him, could I do the following:

Use Hex Parasites ability to remove the +1/+1 counter from Phantasmal Image, that is a copy of Geralf's Messenger, and then he is sacrificed because he is targeted; would he then come back again with a +1/+1 counter on him? Rinse and repeat, or does he get sacrificed first before the +1/+1/ counter is removed and he is in the gravaeyard permenantly?

Thanks,
Ken     
When you activate Hex Parasite's ability, you choose the target as you put it on the stack.  If you choose to target Phantasmal Image, that is all that is needed to trigger the Image's sac ability.  The sac ability will then go on the stack on top of the Parasite's ability and will resolve before the +1/+1 counter can be removed, so undying won't be able to trigger a 2nd time.
No, you can't do that. When you target the Image-Messenger with Hex Parasite's ability, the sacrifice-this trigger goes onto the stack on top of that ability; it will resolve first, and the Image-Messenger will die before the counter can be removed.

It won't come back, because it had a +1/+1 counter on it when it died.

Come join me at No Goblins Allowed

Because frankly, being here depresses me these days.