03/16/2012 TWTW: "A Tale of Two Cities"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's The Week That Was, which goes live Friday morning on magicthegathering.com.
So, um, has anyone counted, just this week, how many times decks focused around not turning creatures sideways have been called "unfair"?
Crusher Zendikon?

I can't respect Martell, he acted like such an oaf in that draft match vs. Estratti. You should always remain respectful and professional, but he let his bitter side get the best of him and said some insulting things that made me really get a look at the true side of him, the kind on the inside that only comes out when pushed.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbzGSCmU2WM <--- by the way, Hitler found out about that bluff, too.
I would humbly suggest that there is more to me as a human being than you can infer from a mumbled comment I said to myself during a match of magic that my opponent was unable to even hear.
So, um, has anyone counted, just this week, how many times decks focused around not turning creatures sideways have been called "unfair"?

I mentioned this in another reply, but fair vs unfair is a keyworded concept used in discussing archetypes.  Decks that try to break fundamental magic rules like Storm, Dredge, High Tide, etc. are deemed to be attempting an "unfair" gameplan.  This does not mean playing these decks is bad, the people who play these decks are doing something wrong, or anything of that nature.  It is just commenting that the gameplan they are trying to execute is "unfair" to the normal magic progression.
Sign In to post comments