Ki Focused Weapons Issues

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
This character is a multiple-weapon guy (two short swords and a longbow), so I got Ki Focus proficiency just to avoid having to have multiple magic weapons.

The problems:

• CB apparently will only apply the Ki Focus enchantment to one weapon

• It will be a weapon that you already had equipped before you equipped the Ki Focus, and didn't unequip or move to another slot afterward

• If you have two qualifying weapons, there's no obvious way to select which weapon will get the benefit

I have found nothing in the rules to restrict the ki focus to only one weapon. But if that actually is the rule, you should be able to pick the weapon.

"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
Just checked the CB with my monk. He uses shurikens and unarmed strikes. On the power cards it shows attack totals for both items. Even tried unequipping and re-equipping and I couldn't duplicate the issue you're having.
Sorry WOTC, you lost me with Essentials. So where I used to buy every book that came out, now I will be very choosy about what I buy. Can we just get back to real 4e? Check out the 4e Conversion Wiki. 1. Wizards fight dirty. They hit their enemies in the NADs. -- Dragon9 2. A barbarian hits people with his axe. A warlord hits people with his barbarian. 3. Boo-freakin'-hoo, ya light-slingin' finger-wigglers. -- MrCelcius in response to the Cleric's Healer's Lore nerf
Sign In to post comments