Spastic Infect deck.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So i bought the New Phyrexia infect deck and i liked it but it just wasnt doing it. So i made changes and i mean its played a little better but i want it to pack more of a punch. Like i said in the title of this, its spastic but its all i could really come up with with my cards. I've been out for a while and decided to come back. lol but here's the deck:

Planeswalkers:
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Ajani Vengeant
Jace, Memory Adept

Creatures:
Skithiryx, The Blight Dragon
Phyrexian Swarmlord
Birds of Paradise
Putrefax
Mycosynth Fiend x2
Royal Assasssin
Solemn Simulacrum
Doomed Necromancer
Plague Myr
Ichorclaw Myr
Wall of Tanglecord
Necropede
Lost Leonin
Grixis Illusionist
Tine Shrike
Priests of Norn
Quirion Elves
Core Prowler
Spinebiter
Blighted Agent
Walking Atlas
Perilous Myr
Suture Priest

Spells:
Explore
Rampant Growth
Inexorable Tide
Sleep
Frost Breath

Artifacts:
Sphere of the Suns
Contagion Clasp
Manalith
Coalition Relic
Obelisk of Grixis

Land:
Rupture Spire
Graypelt Refuge
Crumbling Necropolis x3
Seaside Citadel
Savage Lands
Swamp x4
Forest x4
Island x4
Plains x4

Yeah i'm not really familiar with the ban list and everything so if i have something too many or something please tell me. haha like i said spastic. but yeah please help. thanks in advance.
Welcome to the boards, jackiemeadors!

The first item I recommend is to always autocard your posts, as autocarding nets you more and better replies.  To autocard, place [c][/c] around each properly spelled card titles, so that [c]Leeches[/c] becomes Leeches.  Just don't cut and paste that code, as I buried other items in it to make it show up.

Anyhow, the second piece of advice is to focus on two colors for your infect deck.  Green is a strong option because of Glistener Elf and Invigorate.  Both black and blue make for solid second colors, though I prefer black because it came first.

Two colors will allow you to tightly focus your deck, allowing you to actually play your cards instead of holding them.  Additionally, two colors will allow you to better run multiples of key cards, in turn giving you a strong shot at winning.

Cheers!
A shout out to Gaming Grounds in Kent, Ohio and Gamers N Geeks in Mobile, Alabama. www.zombiehunters.org for all your preparation needs. http://shtfschool.com/ - why prepping is useful, from one who has been there.
oh! thats what it is! haha i was trying to figure out how to tag the card but it wasnt working. but thank you. the deck wasnt working too well as the standard g/u when i got it so i just experimented. but yeah keeping Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon is my personal favorite in the deck. but what would be some good black cards to go in? i'm new to the infect thing but i really like it. so i'm wanting to make it as good as i can. but thank you for the help you've given!
You should cut it back to 2 colors and it looks like you have already decided on the control route instead of the pumper route. To make it more consistent you should play full playsets of the good cards.

My favorite control elements are infiltration lens and corpse cur in infect decks. Both can be very amusing, particularly if you throw in some skeleton shard. Something like this will not be top tier or anything but will give most decks a solid run.
4 ichorclaw myr
4 Phyrexian Crusader
4 corpse cur
2 Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon

4 infiltration lens
4 dismember
4 skeleton shard
4 go fo the throat
4 lightning bolt
2 contagion clasp

6 mountain
6 swamp
4 rakdos carnarium
4 inkmoth nexus
4 teetering peaks
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
yeah i always have liked using the control method. but my question here is is there anyway i can make it run better as a B/G/U deck? i'm not very familiar with using a 3 colored deck but there are some spells that came in the deck that dont really seem bad like Inexorable Tide and Steady Progress. i would like to throw some of the blue element in with it but i dont know what would work and such.
To run a 3 color deck you need an expensive mana base or to settle for come into play land which loses you a 1 mana tempo most of the game. I run many 3 color decks but I have a full set of the original full duals and those are beyond pricey now.

You can certainly do it but it generally just is not worth it. Though if you are using proliferate anyway the vivid lands work fairly well. Something like this land package would sorta split the difference but with 20 come into play tapped lands you are sacrificing a huge amount of tempo.

4 vivid crag
4 vivid creek
4 vivid grove
4 vivid marsh
4 vivid meadow
4 reflecting pool

It also ups the cost of the land part of your deck from basically free to about $45.

24 expensive real duals would be about $3000.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Sign In to post comments