Heroes 'wanted level'

Hey everyone,
I'm new to Saga Edition (but not roleplaying Star Wars), and am running my characters through DoD.
I'm about to enter Episode 6, "The Core of Corruption", where the PC's follow their leads into Coruscant. 

How are other GM's handling the wanted level of the PC's at this point?
Personally, I would think after the destruction on Felucia, the encounters on Almas, and the revolution on Nizon, I would expect the ISB to know WHO the heroes are (ESPECIALLY with a jedi PC)... I mean, the heroes would probably even have bounties out for themselves!

Am I off in my thinking about this?
I just can't see how they could enter the lion's den and not be arrested upon landing...?...

How are other GM's handling this?
Thoughts? 
The easiest way to explain is to say there is a severe lack of communication across the galaxy. Just because a character becomes "wanted" in one place doesn't mean that it is going to be known across the galaxy.  Oh, there may be some kind of record but that doesn't mean that ever moves up the priority and even then there are billions of star systems and trying to search each one will take forever.  All of this means is that even if the PCs became the most wanted person on an entire planet they may be able to move over a couple starsystems and be completely unknown.

The next reason the PCs don't get arrested on landing is that even if they are wanted no one would expect them to show up on Imperial Center.  I'd imagine that any number of highly wanted criminals could enter the lobby of the FBI building (depending on security which I'm not familiar with) and it's likely that no one would immediately recognize them.

To continue justifications:  Felucia was a "secret" base and all along with the jumping off point for a campaign seed so the Imperials wouldn't have made a big fuss about it there.  The same can probably be said for Almas especially when the PCs will rarely leave any Imperials alive.  Now if they are the "heroes of Nizon" you run into all those issues with communication, distance, and importance; just because the PCs created a major stir doesn't mean they make front page news across the Empire.

That all makes sense... I think that is what I've been thinking in the back of my mind, for the most part. To continue with your explanation, if heroes were recognized on the other side of the galaxy, collecting bounties would be much, much easier!

Do you think these ideas apply to Jedi characters, as well?
In other words, do you think the Empire would keep better tabs on Jedi characters (namely, visual I.D.'s)?
How are other GM's handling this?

The beautiful thing is - my players have been pretty good about keeping their real identities out of the spotlight. The only instance of notoriety has been getting on the live broadcasts of the Sabbac tournament - but that could be dismissed as a one-off of violence not connected to the Sarlacc Project.

That said, not ever GM will be blessed with such paranoid players. So if it's an issue getting the PCs to Courscant, I'd do this: it's a trap. Admiral Varth is doing this all so that he can root out traitors, plug leaks in his security and round up insurrectionists - so he arranges the right people to look the wrong way at the right time so they can get to the planet without too much difficulty.
That all makes sense... I think that is what I've been thinking in the back of my mind, for the most part. To continue with your explanation, if heroes were recognized on the other side of the galaxy, collecting bounties would be much, much easier!

Do you think these ideas apply to Jedi characters, as well?
In other words, do you think the Empire would keep better tabs on Jedi characters (namely, visual I.D.'s)?

The Jedi are extinct, aren't they?

Now all the things I said earlier will also apply to "Jedi" although I'd like a little more clarity on how you're identifying a Jedi.

Now a known Force User of much skill probably does find his way to a much smaller and better maintained list.  The thing about that list is that it is probably highly restricted so some routine check isn't going to note anything special about the Jedi character.  While that routine check may not flag the character the check may raise a flag with the Inquisitors who may come and investigate.  The DoD may not be really good about it but you should prepare to send some kind of inquisitor squad at a party which contains a Jedi who isn't being all that careful about his/her Force Use.
Are the Jedi extinct?  
That has the potential to be a long conversation, but I would say no way are they extinct (in the timeframe we're speaking of).
As far as I know there were still dozens (if not hundreds) of "Jedi" out-and-about while/after Order 66/the Great Jedi Purge took place.
The question is... with no Jedi Council around are Jedi's no longer considered Jedi's?
(Probably getting off topic here)

The way that I'm identifying a Jedi, on the most basic level, is a Jedi (heroic class) PC.  But you probably assumed that.
Nevertheless, I mostly agree that your statements would also apply to Jedi characters.  
Of course the Jedi aren't "extinct" but Palpatine and the Empire do what they can to make that happen and get the public to forget about them, at least in any kind of good way.  I'll also say that even with hundreds of Jedi still around they would be spread very thin and could be seen as "nearly" extinct.

I never identify characters based on class but rather on what they can do.  If I have a character with only Soldier levels but who is Force Sensitive and uses a lightsaber you'd better believe I'm going to call him a "Jedi" even if (for perhaps foolish reasons) he doesn't have any levels in the Jedi class.  Similiarly, if the character I start in Noble then goes and takes five straight levels in the Jedi class I'm not going to say he's a "Jedi" just because he selected WP-lightsaber, maybe he's a noble house saber rake, and then picked up three talents from the Jedi Consular talent tree that have NOTHING to do with the Force.

I identify "Jedi" as lightsaber wielding Force USERS.  Starting in the Jedi class certainly makes meeting those criteria very easy (that is really the generic term for the class) but it is possible to have someone who doesn't meet those criteria despite being 100% Jedi classed.  When I use some of my alternative starting feats (which mostly involves proficiency swapping) things are even less clear.

In my Dawn of Defiance campaign, my players had to change their names several times. In most cases the adventure suggested as much. 

In the Rebellion Era (from what I gather from the Original Trilogy) know one use fake ID's because most of the story was on distant backwater worlds where they are either at a secret base, among other unsavory types or the world just doesn't keep up with the wants and needs of the Empire.

Bounty Hunter's may have a hard time going out of their way for the small bounties. I think of the bounty system as a way to suppress and harrass low level characters. Once the low level bounty hunters get some attention by being killed by the heroes, it leaves a trail that Darth Vader or Boba Fett (or their campaign equivalents) can follow.
Sign In to post comments