Redirecting combat to a planeswalker w/ Curse of Stalked Prey

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, I was wanting to clarify that if I attack a player with whom I enchanted a curse of stalked prey  and redirected combat damage to a planeswalker of his or hers would my creatures still get the +1/+1 counters?

Also, if I have more than 1 creature attacking, could I have 1 or more attack the planeswalker and at the same time have my other 1 or more attacking creatures swing at the player and not the planeswalker or must they all swing at one or the other and not split?

And I have to ask this last question just to be sure as an aside: If I have bloodline keeper and use his ability to create a token which at that same would give 5 vampires under control and paid the one black to transform him, would he stay tapped or transform untapped? I didn't see this scenario in the rules FAQ. I am assuming he would still be tapped but wanted to be sure.

Thank you in advance for all your help!!!
Hello, I was wanting to clarify that if I attack a player with whom I enchanted a curse of stalked prey  and redirected combat damage to a planeswalker of his or hers would my creatures still get the +1/+1 counters?

1. How did you redirect combat damage to a planeswalker?

2. The planeswalker is not a player (let alone the "enchanted player").  Damage to something other than the enchanted player will not trigger the "Whenever a creature deals combat damage to enchanted player" ability.

Also, if I have more than 1 creature attacking, could I have 1 or more attack the planeswalker and at the same time have my other 1 or more attacking creatures swing at the player and not the planeswalker or must they all swing at one or the other and not split?

You make that decision separately for each attacking creature.
508.1b If the defending player controls any planeswalkers, or the game allows the active player to attack multiple other players, the active player announces which player or planeswalker each of the chosen creatures is attacking.

And I have to ask this last question just to be sure as an aside: If I have bloodline keeper and use his ability to create a token which at that same would give 5 vampires under control and paid the one black to transform him, would he stay tapped or transform untapped? I didn't see this scenario in the rules FAQ. I am assuming he would still be tapped but wanted to be sure.

He would stay tapped.  Why would he untap?
110.6c A permanent retains its status until a spell, ability, or turn-based action changes it, even if that status is not relevant to it.

No, I am not a judge. That's why I like to quote sources such as the rules that trump judges.

Thanks for the clarification! I guess redirecting combat damage was the wrong way to state that, sorry, I meant attacking the planeswalker. The reason I asked about the Curse is because someone told me that the player that is enchanted with the curse is still the owner of the planeswalker who is considered the defending player being attacked who is enchanted with the curse.

I know it seems confusing, that is why after I got home, I got on here to ask the question.