PTQ vs QT?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apparently WotC is in the process of changing the name of these events from PTQ to QT, without any kind of warning. This caused confusion when I searched the event finder for PTQ events scheduled for this weekend, as approx. 3/4 of the events were listed at QT. When questioned, ORCs didn't know what was going on, and suggested I write customer service. Which I did. 

I do not wish to participate in this Community Site.

Every now and then I stumble back to MTGO to see if I left my keys on the counter, and I find the place has changed since the last time I took a look at it. At some point, MTGO will stop changing the rooms around and I will finally be able to tell she's emotionally stable.

The only assumption I'd make about why they're doing this name change is to work around some previous issue that creeped out of the blue. Rather than announce it, fudge around a bit until it works, then accept responsibility for making the service better. I don't mind when they do things they need to do, but I do want to avoid ruining a good pair of pants.
Looking ahead to next weekend shows the same thing. Of the thirty two events scheduled, seventeen are shown as "QT Avacyn Restored / Barcelona 2012", and fifteen as "Pro Tour Qualifier - Barcelona 2012".

This needs to be on the paper side somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Let's try General until someone yells at me.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead. On Strike

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
Wait, what?
Level 2 Magic Judge Lite a man a fire, warm him for a day. Light a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
For those confused, Blippy is talking about this, though all of them in North America show up as "QT Avacyn Restored / Barcelona 2012" for me.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert
LOL! Took me a minute to find this again. You're right, bubba, it should have gone here in the first place. Call it a senior moment.

LOL! Took me a minute to find this again. You're right, bubba, it should have gone here in the first place. Call it a senior moment.

Yeah, I was very confused when you referred to dozens of PTQs in a weekend until I figured out you must be talking about paper. Then it all clicked.

Show

General MTGO FAQ

Magic Math Made Easy

Event EV Calculator

Quotables

Show
Bumpin' it back to the front page.

Am I the only person who cares about this? 

Not sure I care yet...

Is this just a change in the name or how the event is marketed, or is it something more than that?

- Cheers, - Dan R. (lv1 magic judge, Advanced organizer) http://butlerwpn.blogspot.com, my rather basic event blog.

Not sure I care yet...

Is this just a change in the name or how the event is marketed, or is it something more than that?

Dunno. I haven't heard anything back yet from my inquiry to CS.

There's no difference between the two, as far as I know. QT has been used in official event names for at least ten years, although it may only be an internal designation. I remember it was often on paperwork for PTQs that I organized.

I don't believe this is a change of any kind, other than the name for the event for Locator purposes.
Sign In to post comments