03/08/2012 TD: "Choose Your Own Fate"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.
This thread is for discussion of this week's Top Decks article, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

Hi I'm Henry Romero... I won that PTQ in Portland, Oregon... but thanks for the mention.

Welding Jar? That seems off, that doesn't give you red or green mana. Springleaf Drum and Mox Opal do, and the Jar is good against Grudge, but I don't understand

and Glimmervoid and Welding Jar help set up red (and green!) for Whipflare (essentially no downside) and Ancient Grudge (so much upside).

at all.
76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.
Welding Jar? That seems off, that doesn't give you red or green mana. Springleaf Drum and Mox Opal do, and the Jar is good against Grudge, but I don't understand

and Glimmervoid and Welding Jar help set up red (and green!) for Whipflare (essentially no downside) and Ancient Grudge (so much upside).

at all.

You need an artifact in play to keep the Glimmervoid around at the end of your turn. I assumed he meant the Welding Jar was a good, 0-CMC artifact to stick a Glimmervoid in the early turns.

at all.

You need an artifact in play to keep the Glimmervoid around at the end of your turn. I assumed he meant the Welding Jar was a good, 0-CMC artifact to stick a Glimmervoid in the early turns.

I would say Ornithopters and Memnites do that just as well.

76125763 wrote:
Zindaras' meta is like a fossil, ancient and its secrets yet to be uncovered. Only men of yore, long dead, knew of it.