Question

Why is Obi-Wan so damn old looking in episode IV? Only 19 years passed since III...

Assuming he were 20-25 in episode I, he would only be 52-57.  He looks way, way older. Even if he were 30 in Episode I, he would still only be 62 in A New Hope, and that would also mean that he was middle aged in Revenge of the Sith.  Which I highly, highly doubt since he kicks Darth Vader's ass.

I have just ALWAYS wondered that, and i figured I'd ask.
RIP Kit Fisto When your using CL 18 Stormtroopers, it might be time to roll up a new campaign. I think I may be the last person on the planet who doesn't think zombies are the coolest things ever... [spoiler]I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
[\spoiler]
All of those years living in the desert as a hermit probably took a major toll.  Also keep in mind that he may be trying to look old because if he actually looked is age he'd be more recognizable as a wanted fugitive of the Empire.
Another good point!

Personally I think it was a slight mistake on Lucas' part that doesn't really matter much.  But I was curious, so I asked.  Thanks.
RIP Kit Fisto When your using CL 18 Stormtroopers, it might be time to roll up a new campaign. I think I may be the last person on the planet who doesn't think zombies are the coolest things ever... [spoiler]I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
[\spoiler]
Why is Obi-Wan so damn old looking in episode IV? Only 19 years passed since III...

Nineteen years in the desert. It ages you.

Plus, I think officially he's supposed to be 33 years old in TMP, having been Qui-Gon's apprentice for 20 years. You can double check, but that's the way I remember it. 
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8
TMP... You mean The Phantom Menace? Right?  Well that seems old.  BUT I have no problem believing it.  Thanks
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]
TMP... You mean The Phantom Menace? Right?  Well that seems old.  BUT I have no problem believing it.  Thanks

Yes, I meant TPM. I looked on wookieepedia and they have him listed as 25 years old in TPM, which would make Alec Guiness several years older than the character he was playing in ANH. But living in the desert would have been rough on his fair complexion, so I guess we'll have to go with that.
Children believe what we tell them, they have complete faith in us. I ask of you a little of this childlike simplicity, and to bring us luck, let me speak four truly magic words: "A long time ago...." (Jean Cocteau's Beauty and the Beast) Winner of You Build the Character #12, YbtC #22, YbtC #24, YbtC #28 and YbtC #35 Winner of You Make the... Contest #8

Obi-Wan was born 57 bby,
he fought  darth maul in 32 bby at 25 years old 
dies 32 years later in 0 BBY at 57 years old 

Thanks.  I went to Wookieepedia too.

You think twenty years from now someone is going to remake the movies?
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]
Greetings!

Personally, I don't believe that a remake will be made but, IT WILL BE AWESOME!

Return of the Jedi remake... "sending telepathic message to George Lucas..." XD 
Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
Well they did get remade once around their 20th anniversary.  While much is the same there are still a number of difference between the originials and the digitally enhanced editions.

While the StarWars movies could be remade a much smarter thing would be to just stay in that universe but go with a different time or place.  Besides the movies there is are plenty of works in the StarWars universe which people would like to see on the screen.

Unlike a number of other movies I can't even see StarWars as having a jumping off point.  I mean, most of the time when a franchise is remade they go all the way back to the origins story but where exactly is the origin's story for StarWars?  It's not like Batman or Spiderman where you have a hero created (and if you do is it Luke or Anakin?) that the story depends on so you need to reintroduce him.
A Truce at Bakura or Heir to the Empire movie would be awesome!
The very first KoTOR game would make one heck of a movie.
The very first KoTOR game would make one heck of a movie.

Amen, hallelujah!
the republic commando series might be good as well
I would love new movies or series but, old movies with new actors and modern interpretations techniques, will be awesome! New accurated dialogs and expressions.

Actually the old movies interpretation methods seems not so much credible and interesting to me. Even boring sometimes too.

Also I would like to see more material about Rebelion Era, one of the best eras (at least for me of course).

Simply, more quality Star Wars will do XD 
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Most of you will probably disagree, but I think that if they changed half of the dialogue and fixed a few things, The Force Unleashed would make an awesome movie.  But NOT the second, that story was incredibly stupid.
I agree, FU would be an awesoem movie too.

About FU2, you have to take in consideration that Star Wars its a "product" like another. After great impact from FU the money... I mean the Force (XD) whispered at productor and told them "clone him... clone him..." XD 

I love SW universe, Jedi philosophy, space exploration, spaceships and so more things but, sometimes they create things that you say "really? O.o" XD 
57690938 wrote:
Another question:  If a lightsaber doesn't cut all the way through something, does it continue on through the rest of the object (without cutting through it), or is the saber stopped there? 

Different things in the Star Wars universe contradict each other on the matter.
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]
In other words, does it behave like a weapon of pure energy, or a solid weapon coated in pure energy?
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]
I'm not an expert with lightsaber technology but, from my point of view, it never stops until founds some kind of energetic resistance/protection or a lightsaber resistant material like mandalorian steel.

I hope that I helped you, by the way I suggest to wait for more accute answers  
57690938 wrote:
In other words, does it behave like a weapon of pure energy, or a solid weapon coatedin pure energy?

Good question? Hmmm? The books express some incongruencies with how the blade responds to the resistance of both objects and vacuum, but looking at the episode I: when Quigon was on the Trade Federation ship and attempting to enter the bridge, it appeared (to me based on body language) that when the blast doors closed on the other side, he may have been able to let go of the saber and it may have stayed there imbedded … eventually sliding out (long ways) and falling on the floor (if left un attended)…as if the weight of the handle would have caused the saber-most portion of the blade to cut slightly downwards. Then the blade would have fallen out of the wall by the path of minimal resistance.
…?... Which is to say / it seems like a solid weapon covered in energy when submerged in solid materiel with hardness.

Rereading that… I don’t know if that helped at all? Sorry?

As for in vacuum, in the dark nest trilogy, that feisty little ewok snatched up Luke’s lightsaber and went to raise cain EV style, and spun like a little endorian torpedo do to the author's impression of the blades cyclical energy generating some kind of centripetal force that … I don’t know… in the movies, closest we come is in revenge of the Sith when Grievous stun batons out the bridges weakened window… but they shut their sabers off immediately so we did not get to see Lucas version of a dance-dance zero-grav revolution. But I must admit seeing obi wan spin out of control and lop off Ani’s other arm accidentally in the opening scene would have been sweet =) He’d have come home to Padme who, forgit his little scar (which was probably that whiny assz call for help as a jedi self mutilator and closet cutter) Berating him for giving hugs like C3PO and put him on the couch for a week… that would have substantiated his fall to the Dark Side… but I digress.

Eureka! Chancellor Palpatine is old as crap, right? Well, just like we arbitrarily fiddle with the air-conditioning, he fiddled with his anti-gravity dial at his ‘I rule the galaxy’ station in his office. So, when the jedi come to arrest him, he simply flips a switch and uses anti gravity to fourish a little sith-witchery, and poof… you get a spiraling torpedo of force-infused geriatric anger! =)

again with the digressing?

Hmmmm… you raise good questions!

I have a possible theory.

As Jormundre said, why the lightsaber didn't fall or just continued cuting the door. Probably the door used some kind of electromagnetic protection/field over itself or even, an electromagnetic material construct.

Its only a theory but, considering that energy (and other REALLY rare things) its the only way to stop a lightsaber, I should consider that idea

Take care! 
57690938 wrote:
I always thought of lightsabers as plasma saws, since the blade is bent back on itself and redirected back into the hilt.  I would think the blade would act more like an energy field rather than a hard mass, but because the actors were using actual sticks during filming our visual depiction of lightsabers is of the latter.

Here's another question: what about a force field negates a Jedi's ability to use the force (such as telekinesis) against a target on the other side?  It's telekinesis, there's no force being transferred between the Jedi and its target to be blocked by the shield.
I'm sorry, but a blackhole ate my Death Star. Check out my Eve of Destruction campaign page Check out my Eve of Destruction campaign wiki Check out pukunui's Absolute Dawn (DoD) campaign log
XD Probably you are right about "stick-sabers".

About anti-energy force fields, from my point of view, you can still use Move Object because you manipulate the energy in the other side, it isn't a "hand prolongation". But about other powers originated from the user directly like Force Slam, I would consider your idea.

There are a few "anti-Force" fields that negate Jedi's to use the Force or reduce its skills and concentration.

So my answer will be "depending of the power you just use and the concept you have about the Force". 
57690938 wrote:

About anti-energy force fields, from my point of view, you can still use Move Object because you manipulate the energy in the other side, it isn't a "hand prolongation". But about other powers originated from the user directly like Force Slam, I would consider your idea.

There are a few "anti-Force" fields that negate Jedi's to use the Force or reduce its skills and concentration.

So my answer will be "depending of the power you just use and the concept you have about the Force". 

Are you ready to kill yourself now?

Are you ready to kill yourself now?

What? O.o

57690938 wrote:
Lightsabers act pursuant to the Rule of Cool.  Anytime you try to inject real-world science into Star Wars, the Maker kills a puppy.
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
I'd say that since they behave like sticks in the movies (because they are sticks in the movies), that they always act that way.  But then agian....

I hate it when things comtradict

NOooo! Not the puppies!
I am Blue/White
[\spoiler]