Psionic Class Features

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
In a campaign I am running our Psion has come up with an unusual technique in the outdoors.  He uses his SHAPED CONSCIOUSNESS to create a shard 10 squares up and 10 squares across(burst 10) then uses MINOR CREATION to create a chest or axe another 5 squares directly up.  Then gravity drops it on his head.  This chest or axe drops 75 feet on his head.  So far I have given him +2 to attack roll and falling damage.  Thats alot of damage at 75 feet.  Thats 7d10 if I do it that way.  Any suggestions?
He's making a ranged attack with an improvised weapon.  No proficiency bonus, d4 damage, ranged basic attack.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I don't understand how falling damage applies. Is he somehow sending the enemy up that high? Because unless that's what is happening, the enemy isn't taking falling damage from that.

+1 what Salla said. Maybe even make it Int-based, representing him using his mind to line up the created object so that it falls on the enemy.

It's theorectically useful, but strictly worse than Mind Thrust. 

"Not only are you wrong, but I even created an Excel spreadsheet to show you how wrong you are." --James Wyatt, May 2006

Dilige, et quod vis fac

Thanks for the help.  Just FYI the reason I went with falling damage is because I figured theoretically It would do as much damage to anything it landed on as it would do to itself.
Nope, it's just a normal improvised attack.

Anything it does beyond that is a stunt bonus, and stunt bonuses are only for when things are interesting and dramatic, you can't expect to repeat them.