WR Post DkA

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just got into block constructed as something to do with my MTGO account that i cant do in paper magic.  There isnt anywhere to play block where i live so this gives me somthing to do when i cant get down to the shop for FNM or what not.

I went with WR since it seemed like the cheapest entry deck, and it suits my aggro play style.

Here is my current set up.  I'm looking for any advice on cards from DKA that i could add, preferably on the cheap.

4x Champion of the Parish
4x Doomed Travler
4x Loyal Cathar
4x Instigator Gang
4x Elite Inquisoter
3x Fiend Hunter
2x Geist-Honored Monk
4x Gather the Townsfolk

4x Brimstone Volly
4x Devil's Play

4x Clifftop Retreat
7x Mountain
12x Plains

I know Hellrider is popular but hes a bit expensive right now at around 3 bucks a pop so if i wanted to replace the gangs with him it would cost a bit much.
If you want to go for a budget aggro, I would certainly consider adding Rally the Peasants, which can make an 8 to 10 point swing with enough creatures.  I'd also personally add some flying-token producers for evasion and both Midnight Haunting and Lingering Souls give you tokens at uncommon.  I am also a big fan of Nightbird's Clutches as a way of getting round early blockers as well as Niblis of the Mist as tapping their only creature.

The problem with this is that it negates the use of the Champion (as you take out quite a few humans).  So I have posted two changes, one keeping the Human theme and one ditching it.

Human Aggro

+2 Rally the Peasants
+4 Niblis of the Mist

-2 Devil's Play
-2 Geist-Honored Monk (5 mana is too expensive)
-1 Instigator Gang
-1 Plains (22 land should be enough without the Monks)

If I was to rebuild as a budget RW aggro it would look more like this

Land (22)
4xClifftop Retreat
4xIsolated Chapel
7xPlains
7xMountains

Creatures (18)
4xDoomed Traveler
4xBloodcrazed Neonate
4xPyreheart Wolf
4xNiblis of the Mist
2xInstigator Gang

Spells (20)
4xGather the Townsfolf
4xLingering Souls
4xMidnight Haunting
4xRally the Peasants
4xBrimstone Volley
Thanks for the suggestions.  It seems this board is kinda dead.  Any suggestions for mor block constructed articles or threads?

Id rather stick to the human build.  Unfortunetly, the lingering souls and chapels are both almost as expensive as hellrider.

I just tried out rally the peasents and it seems like a great choice.  In the future i think hellrider will repalce gang as he isnt always effective, but rider makes an impact the second he shows up.

Im also working on a vamps build.  Ill post that when i have it together.
I just tried out rally the peasents and it seems like a great choice.  In the future i think hellrider will repalce gang as he isnt always effective, but rider makes an impact the second he shows up.

Im also working on a vamps build.  Ill post that when i have it together.

Yep, Hellrider is pretty much the way to go. Hasted 3/3, with his ability, for only 4 mana. If your opponent doesn't keep back a blocker "just in case", that's already 4 damage just by himself. Any aggro deck worth it's salt likely has a couple of guys out already and has probably already inflicted some damage. Toss in a Devil's Play or a morbid Brimstone Volley and that's just about game.

Someone started a post on here a couple of months ago about a block constructed vampire deck. It was mostly me and one other posted contributing, but you might find it useful. It's still on the front page for the forum, but here's a direct link as well: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...