R.I.P. Ralph McQuarrie

He was intrumental in making the GFFA come to life.  RIP.
His work in Star Wars impacted me so much at the age of 4 that I grew up to be an artist. RIP.

CLICK ON THE ICONS TO GET MORE INFORMATION

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

A legend of our own time has returned to the source, and we must send loving thoughts to those closest to him. It is hard to imagine, but I feel it true to add that his creative vision has changed every human’s life who reads these words. Large and small, this man’s vision will be among the permanent records of mankind’s legacy.
     Alive and dead, how many people have marveled at the design of the Millennium Falcon? How many people have gazed upon his paintings and drawings and found themselves immersed in a new universe rich and marvelous for the first time? How many of us have slowly thumbed through his concept art with a reverence only matched by religious text?

May our thoughts be with his family

He made us dream and travel to a meravelous fantasy world. 

I hope that somday I can told about his creations to my childs. 
Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
You have left us, Ralph, but your legacy will never be forgotten, as long as there are fans of Star Wars walking the earth.  Thank you for touching generations with your vision.  I spent countless hours gazing upon your works as a child and as an adult, and I can see the same wonder in the eyes of my own son today.  May the wonder you have wrought live on long after all those reading this are gone.
FAN-MADE SAGA ED. ADVENTURES Scores of free, fan-made Star Wars adventures for Saga Ed. ●DATHOMIR FIELD GUIDE A Saga Ed. sourcebook for adventures set on Dathomir ●LIVE ACTION FILM CHARACTERS SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for hundreds of characters from the live action films ●"ALL-PURPOSE" SAGA EDITION SOURCEBOOK Saga stats for NPCs, droids, ships/vehicles, weapons/gear, etc. ●SAGA EDITION SPECIES SOURCEBOOK Official & fan-made Saga stats for your favorite species ●THE CENTRALITY: A SAGA EDITION GUIDE AND GAZETTEER As featured in The Lando Calrissian Adventures ●THE CORPORATE SECTOR SOURCEBOOK As featured in Brian Daley's Han Solo novels and original edition of the Star Wars RPG ●SAGA EDITION CRIB SHEETS Various fan-made Saga Ed. Crib Sheets for players & GMs
Sign In to post comments