The Holy Slayer. A Striker - defender Fighter | Cleric / Barbarian - Paragon of Victory

13 posts / 0 new
Last post

Holy Slayer

Fighter | Cleric / Barbarian - Paragon of Victory

Holy Slayer

Build goals

My first goal was to make an effective striker build using paragon of victory PP, making a solid character from level 1 to 30 with resources for different situations.

Also, I wanted to avoid charge, KAM, radiant goodies and twin strike, and being able to lockdown 1 enemy and have a good encounter nova.

I want to reach level 30 but for now I have only 16 levels.

Striker resources:

-    Very accurate
-    Battle Fury Stance
-    +5 dmg EONT on AP
-    2 minor action attacks / encounter
-    Rain of blows
-    Curtain of Steel
-    Free attack (Op Action) when ally is bloodied - Paragon of Victory (16 level feature)
-    Insightful Riposte

Defender resources:

-    Fighter’s Mark + punish (Righteous Brand)
-    Very hard to ignore (Pinning challenge)
-    Weapon Master's Strike
-    Weapon of Peace Foretold
-    Good defenses
-    10THP when drop enemy to 0hp

Leader resources:

Not much (some buffs and debuffs)

-    1 heal / encounter (+2 to attacks for BCL)
-    Righteous Brand as basic attack (opportunity attacks + CC attacks).
-    Save grant with +5 on AP
-    +10 THP to ally when drop enemy to 0hp

Other good things:

-    He is a dwarf so is hard to push / prone and have second wind as minor.
-    Hard to disable (bonus to saves), circlet of arkhosia, clearheaded, holy celerity...
-    Dailies: Rain of steel, Dust storm assault, ...

A “typical” encounter goes like this or his encounter-nova:

-    Turn 1: Battle Fury Stance -> move -> Rain of Blows (marked) or Weapon Master's Strike if is a caster or ranged
-    Enemy should attack you (if not: provoke OA -> stop movement and CC) -> Curtain of steel
-    Turn 2: Fanatic Energy -> Sohei Flurry  -> Weapon of Peace Foretold
-    Now still you are a solid defender | striker with lots of resources, who is hard to ignore and hits very hard.

The Holy Slayer. Lvl 16

Holy Slayer, level 16
Dwarf, Fighter|Cleric, Paragon of Victory
Hybrid Cleric: Battle Cleric's Lore
Hybrid Talent: Combat Specialty
Combat Specialty: Combat Superiority (Hybrid)
Dwarf Subrace: Standard Dwarf Racial Traits
Background: Chessenta (Chessenta Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 22, Con 16, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 17, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 32 Fort: 32 Reflex: 27 Will: 28
HP: 104 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 26

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +19, Insight +19, Athletics +20, Perception +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +11, Arcana +8, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +13, Heal +11, History +8, Intimidate +7, Nature +11, Religion +8, Stealth +11, Streetwise +7, Thievery +11

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training
Level 2: Spear Expertise
Level 4: Power of Skill
Level 6: Berserker's Fury
Level 8: Novice Power
Level 10: Hybrid Talent
Level 11: Lasting Frost
Level 12: Wintertouched
Level 14: Pinning Challenge
Level 16: Improved Defenses

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Weapon Master's Strike
Hybrid at-will 1: Righteous Brand
Hybrid encounter 1: Weapon of Enforced Serenity
Hybrid daily 1: Gift of Incomparable Strength
Hybrid utility 2: Battle Fury Stance
Hybrid encounter 3: Rain of Blows
Hybrid daily 5: Rain of Steel
Hybrid utility 6: Holy Celerity
Hybrid encounter 7: Trip Up (retrained to Curtain of Steel at Novice Power)
Hybrid daily 9: Jackal Strike
Hybrid utility 10: Clearheaded
Hybrid encounter 13: Weapon of Peace Foretold (replaces Weapon of Enforced Serenity)
Hybrid daily 15: Dust Storm Assault (replaces Jackal Strike)
Hybrid utility 16: Insightful Riposte

ITEMS
Frost Gouge +3, Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Gauntlets of Blood (heroic tier), Bloodiron Wyvernscale Armor +3, Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Diamond Cincture (heroic tier), Circlet of Arkhosia (paragon tier), Amulet of Resolution +4, Premonition Ring (paragon tier), Boots of Free Movement (heroic tier)

+22 to hit (+24 with CA)

I have to make a level 30 build, and calculate nova damage and dpr, but i dont have much time for now.

Sapphire - Swormage Dragon Guardian - Dont touch my allies build. Swordmage / Sigil Carver / Draconic incarnation The Holy Slayer - A Striker - Defender Fighter | Cleric / Barbarian - Paragon of Victory WEREBEAR BATTLEMIND: You wont go where you want. - A Battlemind (Druid) / Unbound Nomad / Topaz Crusader
OK to post....

Any criticism welcome and appreciated...
Sapphire - Swormage Dragon Guardian - Dont touch my allies build. Swordmage / Sigil Carver / Draconic incarnation The Holy Slayer - A Striker - Defender Fighter | Cleric / Barbarian - Paragon of Victory WEREBEAR BATTLEMIND: You wont go where you want. - A Battlemind (Druid) / Unbound Nomad / Topaz Crusader
I would say you are picking up your Hybrid Talent a little late, but Im not sure where to move it. Are you multiclassing Barb just for Curtain or are you getting something else out of it?
For they typical encounter on turn two you start with Sohei Flurry. Sohei Flurry has a requirement that you have to hit with another attack before you can use that power.

Also where did you find that picture, and who did it. I must have more! 
I would say you are picking up your Hybrid Talent a little late, but Im not sure where to move it. Are you multiclassing Barb just for Curtain or are you getting something else out of it?

You are right, I wanted combat superiority earlier but other feats were more necesary.

Barbarian for encounter power swap. Heroic curtain of steel, paragon storm of blades and epic hurricane of blades. Also +2 to dmg 1/day for and for encounter.

Did not find a better multiclass.

For they typical encounter on turn two you start with Sohei Flurry. Sohei Flurry has a requirement that you have to hit with another attack before you can use that power. 

Yes is a typo. Fanatic Energy comes first :D
Fixed

Also where did you find that picture, and who did it. I must have more! 

Google is my friend
No Weapon of Astral Flame, no sale. Really no reason not to take it if you're a Cleric.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
No Weapon of Astral Flame, no sale. Really no reason not to take it if you're a Cleric.

Sadly there is a reason. My first pick was weapon of astral flame. But any power with sustain minor is a pain for this build. I went for an entire encounter-mark in Gift of Incomparable Strength.

Also you need to mark in the first round, maybe spending an AP in the first round, and delaying one of the minor action attacks to the third round is viable. I will think more on it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sadly there is a reason. My first pick was weapon of astral flame. But any power with sustain minor is a pain for this build. I went for an entire encounter-mark in Gift of Incomparable Strength.

Also you need to mark in the first round, maybe spending an AP in the first round, and delaying one of the minor action attacks to the third round is viable. I will think more on it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Use Sentinel Marshal as your theme. It's not perfect, but it does get you a mark for free. Should patch that hole in the build.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
Is an option, if you want to make the build more defender oriented. Good point. But sohei gives much more to the build.

Thanks again!
I would just say take Hybrid Talent at 6 and bump the other two down one. Other than that though, looks good.
Spend the hybrid talent on two handed weapon and then take Pinning Immobilization at Paragon. You don't need Combat Superiority when you've Immobilized them...

I'd also include at least one of the various "You're mass-marked" options, such as Kirre's Roar and/or Come And Get It.
Spend the hybrid talent on two handed weapon and then take Pinning Immobilization at Paragon. You don't need Combat Superiority when you've Immobilized them...

I'd also include at least one of the various "You're mass-marked" options, such as Kirre's Roar and/or Come And Get It.

Awww how did I miss pinning challenge? Good catch, 2 feats instead of 1 but +1 to attacks is totally welcome. I will take it, delaying improved initiative more hurts but... I dont want to remove power of skill.

Come and get is is awesome, but not so good in this build, and you have to sacrifice curtain of steel or rain of blows. If some day I make a more defender oriented variant, maybe I take it.

Thanks so much MWAO!