My FNM Deck

99 posts / 0 new
Last post
I played my first Limited FNM this week.  Thought I would post my deck.

Lands (17)
6 Island
11 Swamp

Creatures (17)
2 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Falkenrath Torturer
1 Farbog Boneflinger
1 Havengul Lich
1 Highborn Ghoul
1 Lantern Spirit
1 Markov Patrician
3 Moon Heron
1 Nephalia Seakite
1 Niblis of the Breath
1 Reaper from the Abyss
1 Screeching Bat
1 Walking Corpse

Other Spells (7)
1 Death's Caress
2 Grasp of Phantoms
1 Harrowing Journey
1 Reap the Seagraf
1 Silent Departure
1 Tragic Slip

Ended up going 3-1 and finishing 3rd in the tournament.  Never got to play Lich, but Reaper accounted for a couple of wins.

Most notable sideboard card was two copies of One-Eyed Scarecrow which came in very handy in R2 against Lingering Souls.

Glad I finally found an FNM that does limited, instead of getting stomped all night by T1s.
Well you got my old friend Reaper from the Abyss so of course you did well!  Actually, you have a very solid deck there.  Congrats.

And the reason I call him my old friend is because when it was just ISD I drafted Reaper a total of 5 times.  And everytime he hit the board but one he won me the game.
Reaper and Lich? Sweet.

Would have been nice to have a Stitcher's Apprentice to power the Reaper.
Thanks guys.  Reaper came to me pretty late, something like 4th or 5th pick.  I couldn't believe it.  Maybe people were scared off by the Triple B?  Didn't bother me because I was already way into black, with Lich, Highborn, Death's Caress, and so on. 
This week I went 2-2, but that was somehow good enough to finish 6th and get a pack/some store credit.  My friend was to my right, and unfortunately we had some mis-read signals (my fault!) and we ended up drafting the same deck (B/W).  Although, he did pass me an early Tragic Slip and some other good stuff... Here is what I got.

Lands (17)
1 Isolated Chapel
1 Mountain
9 Plains
6 Swamp

Creatures (12)
1 Avacynian Priest
1 Cloistered Youth
1 Diregraf Ghoul
1 Elder Cathar
1 Falkenrath Torturer
1 Farbog Boneflinger
1 Geistcatcher's Rig
1 Loyal Cathar
1 Midnight Guard
1 Niblis of the Mist
2 Silverchase Fox

Other Spells (11)
1 Bonds of Faith
1 Demonmail Hauberk
1 Divine Reckoning
1 Intangible Virtue
1 Lingering Souls
1 Rally the Peasants
1 Rebuke
1 Smite the Monstrous
1 Tragic Slip
1 Tribute to Hunger
1 Unburial Rites

Sideboard (17)
1 Afflicted Deserter
1 Archangel's Light
1 Bloodcrazed Neonate
1 Bitterheart Witch
1 Deadly Allure
1 Disciple of Griselbrand
1 Feeling of Dread
1 Forge Devil
1 Furor of the Bitten
1 Grave Bramble
1 Gravepurge
1 Gruesome Discovery
1 Hollowhenge Beast
1 Kessig Wolf
1 Moment of Heroism
1 Night Terrors
1 Rotting Fensnake

Round 1: Beat R/B Vampires (I think) 2-0.  Made a nice play where I was able to sac my whole board to Falkenrath Torturer to get him to 7/6 for lethal.

Round 2: Lost in the "mirror match" AKA the guy passing to me.

Round 3: Beat U/G who knows what? 2-0.  Favorite play was getting Demon Hauberk on a spirit token, and then flashing back for two more spirits the next turn.

Round 4: Lost to a deck that had Balefire Dragon, Skaab Ruinator and Devil's Play among others.

Fun was had by all!

My FNM deck, although I'm not sure it was really FNM since the draft started at 2pm.

Lands (17)
8 Mountain
9 Swamp

Creatures (15)
1 Ashmouth Hound
1 Bloodcrazed Neonate
1 Bloodline Keeper
1 Chosen of Markov
1 Crossway Vampire
1 Falkenrath Noble
1 Forge Devil
1 Geistcatcher's Rig
1 Highborn Ghoul
1 Markov Warlord
1 Night Revelers
1 Rakish Heir
1 Stromkirk Captain
1 Typhoid Rats
1 Village Ironsmith

Other Spells (8)
1 Blood Feud
1 Devil's Play
1 Ghoulcaller's Chant
1 Sever the Bloodline
1 Vampiric Fury
1 Vampiric Fury
1 Victim of Night
1 Wrack with Madness

On-Color Sideboard
1 Brain Weevil
1 Burning Vengeance
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Gravepurge
1 Harvest Pyre
1 Scorch the Fields
1 Shattered Perception
1 Spiteful Shadows
1 Talons of Falkenrath

Deck ended up going 3-1 and winning the draft via tiebreakers.  I won my first six games, and then was swept in the last round.

Deck came together near the end of pack 1 when I was passed a Pick 10 Stromkirk Captain.  I was already in red for sure, and probably black too, so then I committed to both.  Opened a Falkenrath Noble in Pack 2.  And then a Bloodline Keeper in Pack 3, passed Devil's Play next pack, and then Sever two packs later.  Deck functioned really well.

Round 1: Swept some Spirit stuff.
Round 2: Swept Zombies.
Round 3: Swept Werewolves, and put him away with Devil's Play.  The guy told me he was passed two Immerwolves.
Round 4: Swept by Humans, the guy passing to me P1 and P3.   I also passed him a Champion P2.

Great draft!  Now if only I could this well online.
Back to FNM this week.  Finished 4-1, good enough for 2nd place.

Lands (17)
9 Island
7 Plains
1 Mountain

Creatures (16)
1 Dearly Departed FOIL
1 Deranged Assistant
1 Drogskol Captain
1 Drogskol Captain FOIL
1 Elder Cathar
1 Elgaud Inquisitor
1 Fiend Hunter
1 Fortress Crab
1 Ludevic's Test Subject
1 Midnight Guard
1 Mirror-Mad Phantasm
1 Nephalia Seakite
1 Slayer of the Wicked
1 Soul Seizer
1 Stormbound Geist
1 Voiceless Spirit

Other Spells (7)
1 Blazing Torch
1 Butcher's Cleaver
2 Chant of the Skifsang
1 Grasp of Phantoms
1 Rally the Peasants
1 Smite the Monstrous

Sideboard
1 Abbey Griffin
1 Brimstone Volley
1 Chant of Skifsang
1 Chill of Foreboding
1 Curse of Death's Hold
1 Deranged Assistant
1 Harrowing Journey
1 Heavy Mattock
1 Lost in the Mist
1 One-Eyed Scarecrow
1 Paraselene
1 Selhoff Occultist
1 Spectral Flight
1 Think Twice
1 Thraben Purebloods
1 Travel Preparations
1 Unruly Mob
1 Vampiric Fury
1 Wrack with Madness

Opened Drogskol Captain, then passed the FOIL one, then Stormbound Geist, then Soul Seizer, by then I was happy to go into U/W.  Turns out the guy passing to me did the same, said he almost passed me a third captain, which would have been crazy.  Needless to say, captains were the MVPs, although only got them out together the very last game of the night.  In that same match Game 1, Test Subject won all by itself.

Biggest problem was not enough removal/bounce, but it actually worked out pretty well.
Another 4-1 FNM performance!  Second place finish.

EDIT: Thanks to Lobster for picking up the mistake on my lands.

Lands (17)
10 Island
7 Swamp

Creatures (13)
1 Falkenrath Noble
1 Farbog Boneflinger
1 Lantern Spirit
1 Morkrut Banshee
2 Murder of Crows
1 Niblis of the Breath
1 Screeching Bat
2 Stormbound Geist
1 Undead Alchemist
1 Vengeful Vampire
1 Walking Corpse

Other Spells (10)
1 Claustrophobia
1 Curse of Bloody Tome
1 Dead Weight
1 Forbidden Alchemy
1 Grasp of Phantoms
1 Increasing Confusion
1 Inquisitor's Flail
1 Silent Departure
2 Victim of Night

Sideboard (19)
1 Back from the Brink
1 Chapel Geist
1 Corpse Lunge
1 Fires of Undeath
1 Gallows Warden
1 Geist-Honored Monk
1 Griptide
1 Heavy Mattock
1 Hollowhenge Beast
1 Into the Maw of Hell
1 One-Eyed Scarecrow
1 Rage Thrower
1 Screeching Skaab
1 Shimmering Grotto
1 Skillful Lunge
1 Skillful Lunge FOIL
1 Somberwald Spider
1 Thought Scour
1 Vampiric Fury

Round 1 was tough - kid pulled Mikaeus Unhallowed & Reaper from the Abyss, but I still won.
Round 2 - beat a friend playing 4 colors.  He's a good player - tough matches.
Round 3 - beat U/W spirits, Scarecrow came in G2 and was a big help
Round 4 - Lost to a very good player playing G/W who went on to win it all
Round 5 - Tough match, I was cutting the guy out of blue (passed to him P1 and P3), but he went U/R anyway.  Finished him in game 3 with a timely Increasing Confusion flashback.

Kinda disappointed because I didn't pull anything either in draft or prize packs.
... You can't cast black spells with Plains. You mean 10 Islands, 7 Swamps, correct?
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Hahah yes, just wanted to make sure everyone is still on their toes!

And actually, while I suppose this is a "look at me thread" it's just as much as nice place for me to keep an archive of my decks.
Thought it would be pretty good with cards like Undead Alchemist and Increasing Confusion.
Those cards win the game on their own without supplement.  Curse is only really good with them.  Griptide, however, is a good card in its own right.

Don't know about this.

Alchemist doesn't seem like he's going to do much for you, if your opponent has any two-power creature down.

As for Confusion, a lot of times it will, but last night I had a game where the flashback would have still left him with a card, and he was able to do lethal.

Griptide is great, I like it a lot, but in my particular deck I wanted to play the Curse.  Maybe it was the wrong decision, but it'll take a little convincing.
First FNM draft with the new set.  Did not go so well, at 1-3.

Lands (17)
7 Forest
10 Plains

Creatures (14)
1 Devout Chaplain
1 Farbog Explorer
1 Goldnight Commander
1 Goldnight Redeemer
1 Holy Justiciar
1 Nearheath Pilgrim
2 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Pathbreaker Wurm
1 Seraph of Dawn
2 Wildwood Geist
1 Yew Spirit

Other Spells (9)
1 Abundant Growth
1 Cathar's Crusade
1 Cloudshift
1 Defang
1 Revenge of the Hunted
2 Righteous Blow
1 Scroll of Avacyn
1 Tormentor's Trident

P1P1 was Revenge of the Hunted, and I was getting passed some white, so I went into those colors.  Turns out the player to my left was also in green, but white was open from both sides.  Not sure how I feel about this format.
You have a handful of weak cards and the curve is a bit high, but that looks like a decent deck overall. Did you run into mana issues in many of your games? I might play an extra land in place of the Tormentor's Trident. You don't really have an aggro deck, you have a big creatures deck, so you need to make sure that you get to the late game to be able to cast them. The trident doesn't do that for you and once you have your big fatties out they probably don't need an extra 3 power to win you the game. That's my thinking on it anyway.
Thanks!  I ALWAYS appreciate the feedback - just trying to get better!

What I'm learning this weekend, is that this format is even faster than I thought, so it's going to be important to bring the curve down.

Your comments about the trident are correct, I think. 

I was a little disappointed, because I opened some bomby stuff, but just couldn't get it to come together.

Still, it was a fun time.  Always fun to learn the ins and outs of a new format.

Thanks again for the help!
Played a home sealed last night, and went 3-0.  Mana was a little greedy at times, but overall, it played well.

Lands (17)
8 Mountains
9 Plains

Creatures (15)
1 Avacyn, Angel of Hope
1 Devout Chaplain
2 Goldnight Redeemer
2 Hanweir Lancer
1 Havengul Vampire
1 Heirs of Stromkirk FOIL
1 Kruin Striker
1 Lightning Mauler FOIL
1 Moorland Inquisitor
1 Spectral Gateguards
2 Thraben Valiant
1 Zealous Conscripts

Other Spells (8)
1 Burn at the Stake
1 Cloudshift
1 Defy Death
1 Divine Deflection
1 Guise of Fire
1 Scroll of Avacyn
1 Thatcher Revolt
1 Vessel of Endless Rest

Enjoyed this deck!  Big problems were that there just was not all that much removal, and the Triple R and Triple W, but overall things went well!
Tried another draft tonight.  Went badly again.  1-3.

Lands (17)
9 Mountain
8 Swamp

Creatures (14)
1 Archwing Dragon FOIL
1 Bloodflow Connoisseur
1 Butcher Ghoul
1 Crypt Creeper
1 Demonic Taskmaster
1 Fervent Cathar
1 Gang of Devils
1 Harvester of Souls
1 Kruin Striker
1 Mad Prophet
2 Renegade Demon
1 Somberwald Vigilante
1 Soulcage Fiend

Other Spells (9)
1 Barter in Blood
1 Bone Splinters
1 Burn at the Stake
3 Guise of Fire
1 Pillar of Flame
2 Thunderbolt

Butcher Ghoul was good, as advertised.  Demonic Taskmaster & Archwing Dragon make for an awesome combo.

Even though my match record wasn't so hot, I was in just about every game.  Just didn't go my way.  Probably need to play a little tighter, and just keep improving.

As always, feedback is appreciated.
Your early game looks shaky. What do you do against a Trusted Forcemage pairing with a 1- or 2-drop?
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I'd say that you probably have 2 too many Guise of Fire and your Burn at the Stake really doesn't go well with Archwing Dragon, Demonic Taskmaster, and to a lesser extent Bloodflow Connoisseur. More importantly though, you went with black but didn't get any of the best black cards that really make it work: Homicidal Seclusion, Demonic Rising, and Death Wind. If I don't get at least one of those cards (and more likely two or more) then I really don't see myself going into black. Maybe with a Dark Impostor I guess, but even then it's shaky. With just Death Wind I'm probably just splashing that. I'm guessing that the Harvester of Souls is what put you into black. After taking that p1p1, I'd probably just go to another color unless I saw one or more of the top black cards in the next few picks. If I started to see that black truly was open then I'd go for it. Otherwise, just try to stay into one other color and then you can move to black if it looks open or jump to another second color.

The thing is, with green, red, or blue, even if you are up against other players in those colors there are enough commons to put together a decent set of cards. If you go for black early and it turns out that a neighbor is also drafting black then you can end up with a handful of dead cards because you will find that the black cards that you do pick up just aren't good without the staples. That's my opinion anyway.
Turned out that four people had the "I will play black, and I'll get everything in it" plan.  Didn't seem to work well for any of us.  I actually decided on black on my first pick in the second pack, which was when I got the Harvester.

It's true, if I had gone up against the Forcemage pairing I would have been in serious trouble.

I later found that my neighbor was R/U, so basically both of my colors were incorrect.  Seems I should have went for something W/G.  Oh well.

This will help, for next time.  Always appreciate the feedback.
Turned out that four people had the "I will play black, and I'll get everything in it" plan.  Didn't seem to work well for any of us.  I actually decided on black on my first pick in the second pack, which was when I got the Harvester.

This was actually something that I was thinking about after I posted. There's a big difference between getting a card like harvester p2p1 and getting him p1p3. When you get a card as the first pick in a pack it doesn't tell you anything about whether or not that color is open. So, had you picked him up in pack one pick 3 or later then it's probably a pretty good sign, even if you don't take another black card in that pack (although likely you'll want to in order to make sure that no one else gets into black at that point).
Fell for it again.  Went into black again.  Paid dearly for it again.  1-3, but really 0-3 because the 1 was a bye.

Lands (17)
9 Island
8 Swamp

Creatures (12)
1 Bloodflow Connoisseur
1 Butcher Ghoul
1 Crypt Creeper
1 Demonic Taskmaster
1 Evernight Shade
2 Latch Seeker
1 Mist Raven
1 Renegade Demon
2 Searchlight Geist
1 Soulcage Fiend

Other Spells (11)
2 Barter in Blood
1 Bone Splinters
1 Death Wind
1 Demonic Rising
1 Fleeting Distraction
1 Ghoulflesh
1 Into the Void
1 Killing Wave
1 Moonsilver Spear
1 Tormentor's Trident

P1P1 was Moonsilver Spear.  Next up I get passed Mist Raven and Tandem Lookout.  I went with Mist Raven, which may or may not have been correct, but either way I know I'm blue.  Then I get passed the Demonic Rising, which made me want to go into black.  The rest was history.

First round, pretty close games, just couldn't quite get there.  Was playing againt U/R, and I passed one too many Crippling Chill down the table. 

Second round, very frustrating, playing against an old friend, and one of the best in town.  I beat him pretty good the first game, then Game 2 he gets me down to one but I wiped his board with two straight Barters, then I beat him down, with my Angels from the Spear, he'd down to about 6, and he gets Entreat the Angels off the top for 8.  Very frustrating, and I was tilting after that.  Game 3 I drew about 10 lands and two guys and that was it.

Third round, I was a destroyed game one, didn't quite get there game 2, and never made it past three land Game 3.  Again, very frustrating.  I had a Barter and Into the Void in hand, he had two guys each with a Call to Serve, so I felt like all I needed was one more land to go up two cards on him and really swing things around.  Needless to say didn't happen.

I have not figured out this format at all, and time is running out.
There are lots of good cards in that deck, but it looks like you were a bit confused as to whether you're aggressive or controlling. To me, you definitely look like you want to play control, which means, if possible, that you want to find something to put in instead of Bloodflow Connoisseur, Soulcage Fiend, Fleeting Distraction, Killing Wave and Tormentor's Trident.
I can see that.  Maybe should have grabbed a couple of those Crippling Chills. 

I know the mana was a little conflicted, especially with double U on 3 drops, and then double B on 4 and 5 drops, but I didn't run into that problem too often.

Thanks for the help.
Afternoon FNM Draft.  2-1, finished third, but it was a really sad third place.  I'll explain.

Lands (17)
6 Forest
9 Island
2 Swamp

Creatures (17)
1 Alchemist's Apprentice
1 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Howlgeist
1 Latch Seeker
1 Lone Revenant
1 Mist Raven
1 Nettle Swine
1 Nightshade Peddler
1 Somberwald Sage
2 Timberland Guide
1 Trusted Forcemage
1 Vorstclaw
1 Ulvenwald Tracker
1 Wandering Wolf
1 Wildwood Geist
1 Yew Spirit

Other Spells (6)
1 Crippling Chill
2 Death Wind
2 Joint Assault
1 Peel from Reality

This draft was weird because in the first round I beat a guy who had not played in a long time, and built a 55-card deck.  In round 2, I was demolished by one of our best local players (made it to Day 2 at GP Anaheim).  He was able to miracle Bonfire on me both games (by the way, player to my left opened Bonfire, and player to my right opened Tamiyo... ugh).  In Round 3, the guy dropped after pairings were announced, so that made me a very cheap 2-1, and got me 3rd place prize support.

Not sure if this deck was any good, I know it was missing some of the pieces that make it great.  I would have loved Druid's Familiar, but did not see it.  Green was open from both sides, because the guy I was passing to went R/U, and the guy passing to me (Bonfire Guy) went R/B.  I probablyly could have used some more Soulbond guys, and maybe it was no correct to play Joint Assault with so few, but I thought it was okay.  Splashing in two Death Winds may have been too much.  Also probably should have cut one creature for Amass the Components.  Otherwise, not sure.  Feedback, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Definitely won't complain about the packs though!
Again, not FNM, but M13 pre-release.  I ended up going 3-3 and finished in the top 24 for prizes.  Even though I lost a few matches, I was happy with the way I played, especially in the last round (lost against a local pro, but played him very tough).  Here was the deck I settled on.

Lands (17)
1 Cathedral of War
1 Forest
6 Plains
9 Swamp

Creatures (17)
1 Aven Squire
1 Bloodhunter Bat
1 Chronomaton
1 Duty-Bound Dead
2 Guardian Lions
1 Healer of the Pride
1 Liliana's Shade
1 Primal Clay
1 Serra Angel
2 Servant of Nefarox
2 Silvercoat Lion
1 Tormented Soul
1 Veilborn Ghoul
1 Zombie Goliath

Other Spells (6)
2 Crippling Blight
1 Cower in Fear
1 Divine Verdict
1 Pacificism
1 Prey Upon

Started out the day with a G/B build, but switched to this when I felt the green wasn't adding a whole lot.  With this, I had an Exalted  sub-theme, and got to play Serra Angel.  I think Exalted worked well, and I only wish I had more guys with it.  I thought Cathedral of War was really good for me.  I also liked the way that Veilborn Ghoul played, especially since I was able to return him to my hand from the grave pretty easily.

I know the mana is pretty bad.  This happened, I think, when I switched colors.  Originally, I was trying to play Phylactery Lich, but quickly realized that this was BCST, especially with only two playable artifacts.  When I switched colors and took him out, I did not adjust the mana correctly.  I also do not know whether it was correct to splash for Prey Upon, although I didn't not have many other B/W playables. 

Rares: Clone, FOIL Phylactery Lich, Slumbering Dragon, Ground Seal. Predatory Rampage. Quirion Dryad, Cathedral of War.  While I did have some good rares in Green, overall I felt that the white was better.

In the prize packs, the rares were Battle of Wits, Captain of the Watch, and Stuffy Doll.  Would not have minded that Captain in my original 6.

I know it's hard to give feedback without seeing the whole pool, but any comments are welcome!
First Core Set draft. 3-2 with this super-aggro number.  I was happy, although I would have loved to win that last round and get some store credit.  This is what she looked like:

Lands (17)
1 Dragonskull Summit
6 Forest
9 Mountain
1 Swamp

Creatures (18)
2 Bladetusk Boar
1 Canyon Minotaur
3 Centaur Courser
1 Chronomaton
1 Crimson Muckwader
1 Fire Elemental
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Roaring Primadox
1 Spiked Baloth
3 Timberpack Wolf
3 Yeva's Forcemage

Other Spells (5)
1 Ring of Valkas
1 Searing Spear
3 Turn to Slag

Lots of multiples.  R/G was very open.  I usually don't run this many creatures, but since I did, I ran Mogg Flunkies, which I normally would not want to.  One thing you may notice, is that I only ran one rare - the Dragonskull Summit, and that was only to re-gen the Muckwader, which never happened.  This was my first go at a really blatant turn 'em sideways and go deck. 

Feedback appreciated, as always.
Back to FNM tonight.  I went 3-2 again, with another R/G deck.

Lands (17)
9 Forest
8 Mountain

Creatures (16)
1 Acidic Slime
1 Arbor Elf
2 Arms Dealer
2 Bladetusk Boar
1 Deadly Recluse
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primordial Hydra
1 Rummaging Goblin
1 Spiked Baloth
3 Timberpack Wolf
1 Vastwood Gorger
1 Yeva's Forcemage

Other Spells (7)
1 Krenko's Command
1 Predatory Rampage
2 Prey Upon
1 Rancor
1 Ring of Valkas
1 Turn to Slag

P1P1 I open the Hydra, but there is also an O-Ring!  It's a tough choice, but I settle on the Hydra, since I'm opening so few Mythics this set, and it just seems good.  Next pack I passed an Arctic Aven to get the player to my left into W/U.  Toward the end of the pack I start seeing a lot of black cards so I think that's an option.  By the end of Pack 2 I know I'm some combination of B/R/G.  Pack 3 I see an early Murder but I ship it deciding to go with R/G since I've got double Arms Dealer.  Then I see Vampire Nighthawk and make the tough decision to ship that as well. Then I'm rewarded by seeing Predatory Rampage.  Anyway, I end up R/G, but I wish I had come to the conclusion sooner.

I win the first two rounds, in two games a piece.  The rares are doing some work.

I lose the next two rounds.  R3 was against a fast G/W deck piloted by a great player.  He pulled Ajani, Caller of the Pride but never got to play him against me.  R4 I lost in three games against a player who resolved Sublime Archangel every game.  I was able to Prey Upon her the first two games, but missed my chance the third game.  In game 3 he also resolved Chandra, the Firebrand.  That was not fun.

I won the last round pretty easily.  The guy didn't understand that I can activate Arms Dealer in response to an attack.  And he's there every week!  Kinda sad.

So I finished 3-2, no prizes. 

I will say,  I really liked Rummaging Goblin and hope to pick him again in the future.  I had to use him as fuel for Arms Dealer more than I would have liked.  I wanted to do more Rummaging!

Sideboard-wise, I often found myself taking Spiked Baloth and Yeva's Forcemage out for Plummet and Naturalize

Ended up okay, would have been nice to get to at least 4-1, though.
2-2 this time.  Tried some different colors.

Lands (17)
1 Evolving Wilds
8 Island
8 Plains

Creatures (14)
1 Arctic Aven
2 Attended Knight
1 Augur of Bolas
1 Aven Squire
1 Captain of the Watch
1 Clone
1 Faerie Invaders
3 War Falcon
1 Welkin Tern
1 Wind Drake FOIL
1 Wind Drake

Other Spells (9)
1 Captain's Call
1 Divine Verdict
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Pacifism
1 Ring of Evos Isle
1 Ring of Thune
1 Sleep
2 Talrand's Invocation

Good deck, just lost some tough matches.  P1P1 on Captain of the Watch and quickly found that white was very open.  I went into blue as a second color, and the deck came together.  I felt good when I picked up an Invocation 2nd pack, and another 3rd pack.   If there was ever a deck for triple War Falcon I think this was it.  Wish I could have had more targets for Augur of Bolas.  It was a fun deck, just did not quite get there.  It was nice to get out of R/G.
Another draft.  Another 2-2.

Lands (17)
7 Island
10 Swamp

Creatures (13)
2 Duty-Bound Dead
1 Faerie Invaders
1 Giant Scorpion
1 Liliana's Shade
1 Ravenous Rats
1 Scroll Thief
1 Servant of Nefarox
1 Shimian Specter
1 Vedalken Entrancer
3 Wind Drake

Other Spells (10)
1 Crippling Blight
1 Encrust
2 Mind Rot
1 Murder
1 Negate
1 Public Execution
1 Sign in Blood
2 Unsummon

Not the best, but not the worst.  The player directly to my left decided to also draft U/B when I passed a Harbor Bandit eary in Pack 1, before I had settled on colors.  The player directly to his left also played heavy blue, so needless to say, I did not see many top notch cards in my colors during Pack 2.  Still, most of what I took were playables, just not excellent.  In Pack 3 I opened Shimian Specter and got passed a Public Execution, and I think that saved my deck, as much as it could be saved.  This deck was really about card advantage.  I normally don't run Mind Rot, but I think now I'm sold.  I'll be looking to run at least one in most of my black decks.

In Round 1 I beat a pretty poor player.  His deck was bad.  Double Index, triple Bond Beetle.  When I unsummoned the guy he tried to Rancor, he just about flipped the table.

Round 2 I lost to that I was passing too.  The games were close, or at least closer than they could have been.  The difference was the blue ring.

In Round 3 I beat the guy two seats down.  He had more of an Archaeomancer build, but I was able to telegraph most of his moves.

Lost in Round 4 against a really strong G/W deck that my friend drafted.  He had Thragtusk, Primordial Hydra and Silklash Spider, among others.  He achievement unlocked me when he cast Titanic Growth on Garruk's Packleader, followed by Fungal Sprouting.

Just gotta keep grinding!  I'll get there.
Finally something good!  Well I don't know if the deck was good, but the results were, as I finished 4-1, good for 4th place in a 20-person draft.

Lands (17)
1 Evolving Wilds
8 Island
8 Plains

Creatures (17)
1 Ajani's Sunstriker
1 Arctic Aven
2 Attended Knight
1 Augur of Bolas
1 Clone
1 Crusader of Odric
1 Fog Bank
2 Griffin Protector
1 Knight of Glory
1 Scroll Thief
1 Vedalken Entrancer FOIL
1 Vedalken Entrancer
1 Void Stalker
2 Wind Drake

Other Spells (6)
1 Divination
1 Encrust
1 Pacifism
1 Talrand's Invocation
2 Unsummon

Lost the first round to the eventual 2nd place finisher.  He was playing mono-black exalted.  Could not draw my bounce game 3.

Was able to grind it out in Rounds 2 & 3, not even sure how.

Round 4 was against a very inexperienced player, so I beat him pretty easily, and talked to him a bit after.

Round 5 was a tough win against a loaded deck with Jace, etc.  I felt bad for him, but I needed to win too!  He was playing U/R, but didn't seem to have a whole lot of removal, so I sided in Tricks of the Trade.  It paid off.

Took a Talrand, Phylactery Lich and Sands of Delirium as prizes.  Also pulled an Ajani, Caller of the Pride in a pre-draft crack-a-pack. 

Things went well (for a change)!
3-2 with removal.dek

Lands (17)
7 Island
10 Swamp

Creatures (11)
2 Faerie Invaders
1 Giant Scorpion
2 Harbor Bandit
1 Liliana's Shade
1 Scroll Thief
1 Servant of Nefarox
1 Walking Corpse
1 Watercourser
1 Wind Drake

Other Spells (12)
1 Crippling Blight
3 Essence Drain
1 Essence Scatter
3 Murder
1 Public Execution
1 Ring of Xathrid
1 Rise from the Grave
1 Sleep

Started out the draft 3-0, won my pod. 

Lost my last two matches.  R4 I lost to a really strong R/B Goblin deck that ended up winning the whole tournament.

R5 I lost to a U/W.  Won the first game, but lost the next two.

Could have probably used some more threats, but if people are going to keep passing me Murders, I'll keep taking 'em...
That looks like a pretty sweet deck. I don't know if Sleep plays that well in it and you could really use one or two improvements in the creature area (upgrades to Walking Corpse maybe), but all in all a very good deck.
Thanks Torpesh!  It was one of the better decks I'd drafted in a while, and was sad it didn't do a little better in the later rounds.

At various points I ended up passing Odric & Yeva, if only those had been Talrand & Nefarox!
Guess I'll post my Mini-Master/Pack Wars deck from Magic Celebration today.  This was a really fun event!  When I got my pack I sleeved my cards without looking at them, and shuffled my lands in with them.  As you'll see, I was pretty happy with a couple of the cards.  I did not win Round 1 (Mind Sculpt against a 29 card deck in a slow format is pretty good!), but I did in Rounds 2-3.  After Round 2, I got another pack and once again shuffled in the contents without looking at them (I also sided out 5 cards from the original 29 and added 2 more lands so that I could get to 40).  Anyway, this was really fun and I'd for sure do it again.  I will post my 40 card deck, since I don't remember the exact contents of the 29-card version.

Lands (17)
3 Forest
5 Island
3 Mountain
3 Plains
3 Swamp

Creatures (15)
1 Ajani's Sunstriker
1 Archaeomancer
1 Bladetusk Boar
1 Goblin Battle Jester
2 Guardians of Akrasa
1 Harbor Serpent
1 Mogg Flunkies
1 Primal Clay
1 Rhox Faithmender FOIL
1 Spiked Baloth
1 Thragtusk
1 Veilborn Ghoul
1 War Priest of Thune
1 Welkin Tern

Other Spells (8)
1 Divine Favor
1 Duress
1 Mark of the Vampire
1 Pacifism
1 Planar Cleansing
1 Public Execution
1 Switcheroo
1 Tormod's Crypt

One of my favorite parts was running a bunch of cards that I generally do not run in normal draft, some of them correct, others maybe not. 

Thragtusk+Rhox+Mark=Not Nice
This is my Return to Ravnica Pre-Release deck.  I went 5-2 and finished 9th out of 79.  This was by far the best I've ever done at a pre-release event.   Here was the deck.

Lands (17)
9 Mountain
1 Rakdos Guildgate
1 Rogue's Passage
6 Swamp

Creatures (18)
1 Ash Zealot
1 Carnival Hellsteed PROMO
1 Chaos Imps
1 Cryptborn Horror
2 Gore-House Chainwalker
1 Grim Roustabout
1 Hellhole Flailer
1 Lobber Crew
2 Rakdos Shred-Freak
1 Sewer Shambler
2 Slum Reaper
1 Splatter Thug
2 Spawn of Rix Maadi
1 Tenement Crasher

Other Spells (5)
1 Auger Spree
1 Mind Rot
1 Mizzium Mortars FOIL
1 Stab Wound
1 Traitorous Instinct

R1: Beat Azorius 2-1
R2: Beat Selesnya 2-0
R3: Lost to a sweet Izzet deck 0-2.  Missed some land drops.
R4: Beat Azorius 2-0.  Local Pro, won the PTQ in August.
R5: Beat Golgari 2-0.
R6: Beat Azorius 2-0.
R7: Lost to the mirror 1-2 in some super close games.  I feel like he and I were the only Rakdos players who understand how the deck is supposed to work.

As you can see, I crack a ton of on-color rares.  I think I ended up playing no fewer than five rares.  All were high impact.

Unleash is sweet, but you have to go in all the way.  Having a small Unleash subtheme does not seem effective.

At one point, I played double Gore-House Chainwalker on Turn 4.  That's pretty good.  Lobber Crew was also better than expected.  It was not unusual for this card to do 4-5 damage over the course of a game.   Slum Reaper is awesome in this deck, but do not think of him as a creature.  He is removal.  There was not one time where I sac'd a creature other than himself to it.  Traitorous Instinct is an average card in a vacuum, but in this deck, it's absolutely awesome.

I had some solid Izzet cards, but decided not to splash them because I didn't want to fool with the consistency.  Playing the colorless land influenced this decision, and I think it was correct.  Rogue's Passage is very good, especially in the Unleash deck.

Man, this was a fun deck!!

Any feedback is encouraged.
First RtR draft.  Poor results.  2-2, but both wins due to forfeits!  I was close in both losses, but didn't get there.

Lands (17)
1 Azorius Guildgate
1 Hallowed Fountain
6 Island
9 Plains

Creatures (18)
2 Azorius Arrester
2 Crosstown Courier
1 Fencing Ace
2 Isperia Skywatch
1 Keening Apparition
1 Palisade Giant
2 Selesnya Sentry
1 Skymark Roc
1 Stealer of Secrets
1 Sunspire Griffin
1 Tower Drake
1 Vassal Soul
2 Voidwielder

Other Spells (5)
1 Arrest
1 Knightly Valor
1 Soul Tithe
1 Swift Justice
1 Syncopate

Lost Round 1 to Rakdos, who went on to split in the finals.  Lost Round 2  to I guess Golgari, but it was pretty week.  I got flooded pretty hard, but still.  This deck/my drafting skills in this set need some serious work.
Lost Round 1 to Rakdos, who went on to split in the finals.  Lost Round 2  to I guess Golgari, but it was pretty week.  I got flooded pretty hard, but still.  This deck/my drafting skills in this set need some serious work.

I think we all pretty much based our expectations on the draft to what we've seen on the pre-release. I got a chance to do a draft as well and all the decks I've seen were far from anything like the sealed decks of the Pre-release. I suppose not having a guild pack is one of the explanation.

I have the feeling it will be hard to have consistent rakdos(unleash), golgari(scavenge), selesnya(token/populate) decks in drafts.
However, these decks work well when the guild mechanic is present in the majority of the deck. Playing with 4-5 scavenge/unleash creatures won't be enough to make a breakthrough and will most likely result in poor decks. And the control decks will probably get a better shot, hence Azorius.

This may be wrong, but that's the first impression I got from drafting RtR.            

Not FNM decks, but I played Sealed and then draft with some friends to get some value out of our fat packs. 

Here is the Sealed deck.

Lands (17)
1 Azorius Guildgate
3 Forest
7 Island
5 Plains
1 Selesnya Guildgate

Creatures (13)
1 Archon of the Triumvirate
1 Crosstown Courier
1 Faerie Imposter
1 Hover Barrier
1 New Prahv Guildmage
1 Risen Sanctuary
1 Selesnya Sentry
2 Stealer of Secrets
1 Sunspire Griffin
1 Tower Drake
1 Towering Indrik
1 Voidwielder

Other Spells (10)
1 Call of the Conclave
1 Cancel
1 Death's Presence
1 Dramatic Rescue
1 Inspiration
1 Knightly Valor
1 Paralyzing Grasp
1 Selesnya Charm
1 Selesnya Keyrune
1 Sphinx's Revelation

Kinda Bomby.  Favorite play was to EOT Revelation for 5, and then draw on my turn.  Hardly fair.  We only played one match, but my deck was able to get there.

And a draft deck:

Lands (17)
5 Forest
3 Island
7 Plains
1 Selesnya Guildgate
1 Transguild Promenade

Creatures (10)
1 Armada Wurm
1 Centaur Healer
2 Centaur's Herald
1 Gatecreeper Vine
1 Keening Apparition
1 Selesnya Sentry
1 Stealer of Secrets
2 Trostoani, Selesnya's Voice

Other Spells (13)
1 Arrest
1 Avening Arrow
1 Azorius Charm
1 Civic Saber
2 Dramatic Rescue
1 Eyes in the Skies
1 Golgari Keyrune FOIL
1 Knightly Valor
1 Rootborn Defenses
1 Selesnya Charm
1 Selesnya Keyrune
1 Supreme Verdict

Even more bomby.  I wish I could pull packs like this at the shop.  I didn't realize that I only ran 10 creatures until I typed this up, but somehow it got there anyway.

The pulls from this entire fatpack were pretty amazing, and the decks were fun to play.