My Turn 5 or less R/U Dragonstorm Deck

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This deck should go off turn 5 or less. If you feel that it wouldn't please feel free to recomend any changes.

4 Bogardan Hellkite
1 Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Creatures [5]

4 Brainstorm
4 Daze
4 Dragonstorm
4 Lotus Petal
3 Pact of Negation
4 Personal Tutor
3 Pyretic Ritual
4 Rite of Flame
4 Seething Song
3 Standstill
Spells [37]

4 Island
3 Mountain
4 Scalding Tarn
3 Shivan Reef
4 Sulfur Falls
Lands [18]

If someone could get me a sideboard too, that would be great.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats
This looks fairly solid as a Dragonstorm deck, but Dstorm is less viable in Legacy; control decks can easily stop it, even with Pact, and other combo decks can easily race it. Even Zoo could race it with a really good hand.

For instance, if my Cheeri0s deck doesn't go off by turn 2, I'm doing something wrong (or having a bad day). Meanwhile on turn 2, Dredge is swinging for 20+, Zoo is almost in burn range, Goblins are in burn range, and if you try to go off this early with Dragonstorm, you'll eat a Force of Will and possibly a Mindbreak Trap.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
This looks fairly solid as a Dragonstorm deck, but Dstorm is less viable in Legacy; control decks can easily stop it, even with Pact, and other combo decks can easily race it. Even Zoo could race it with a really good hand. For instance, if my Cheeri0s deck doesn't go off by turn 2, I'm doing something wrong (or having a bad day). Meanwhile on turn 2, Dredge is swinging for 20+, Zoo is almost in burn range, Goblins are in burn range, and if you try to go off this early with Dragonstorm, you'll eat a Force of Will and possibly a Mindbreak Trap.

Yeah I know, I've been told that control decks would kinda own this. I doubt I'd be going pro with this deck. At most, I'd take this to a few Legacy Tourneys at my local shops.
Decks I play: Modern: R/G Tron B/w Soul Sisters EDH: Gisela Midrange Edric Tap em down n' Swing Karrthus, the dragonlord Kaervek, the troll. Standard: The Aristocrats