Accurate dagger questions.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
1. Would using a accurate dagger prevent the dmg bonus of a Siberys Dragonshard of the Mage?

2. Why is it there are no magical combination of accurate daggers in the compendium and CB? can they not be enchanted??

thanks
1: No.

2: Accurate Daggers can be enchanted just fine.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
It is just unnecessary to put them up, because any enchantment, that can be put on a normal dagger also can be put on Accurate daggers.
So since Accurate daggers are a subset of daggers the distinction would just bloat anything even more.

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg)

There might be another way, but I know you can create magical superior implements in the character builder by going into the "Marketplace" section.  Just use the pulldowns to filter to accurate dagger and then select your enchantment.
Note that an 'accurate dagger' is of the type 'superior implement', not 'simple one-handed'.

I just confirmed they are in the CB, but you can only see them if you have the appropriate feat on the character or you deselect "Show Suggested Items".  Then, in the Weapons section of the Marketplace, change the Category filter on the top from Implements to Superior Implements.  The item filter will then automatically switch to the type you have the feat for (i.e. Accurate Dagger) if Suggested Items is checked, and you can select which enchantment you want.
I just confirmed they are in the CB, but you can only see them if you have the appropriate feat on the character or you deselect "Show Suggested Items".  Then, in the Weapons section of the Marketplace, change the Category filter on the top from Implements to Superior Implements.  The item filter will then automatically switch to the type you have the feat for (i.e. Accurate Dagger) if Suggested Items is checked, and you can select which enchantment you want.

You have no idea how much this has helped me. I finally was able to make this work. But My 1st question remains. Isn't the accurate dagger an impliment? An the siberys shard of the mage says you have to be using a "weapon" as an impliment. Does the Accurate dagger count as a weapon? Also do you equip it or does it just take effect automatically?

You have no idea how much this has helped me. I finally was able to make this work. But My 1st question remains. Isn't the accurate dagger an impliment? An the siberys shard of the mage says you have to be using a "weapon" as an impliment. Does the Accurate dagger count as a weapon? Also do you equip it or does it just take effect automatically?

If you don't have the SIP feat, an accurate dagger is a normal implement of that type... which means it is a dagger. It never stops being a dagger.

I'm not exactly sure how the Siberys Shards get applied in the CB.  They are separate from weapon/implement enchantments.  I tried adding it through the Customize button -> Augment on both the shard and on various weapons, but to no avail.
  Unless someone else knows a trick to applying dragonshards in the builder, I think you'll just have to declare which weapon you've attached it to and manually add the +1 damage.
IF

a) You have all your ducks in a row so that you should be able to make use of the shard

AND

b) The Character Builder handles it correctly

THEN

you can apply the shard by customizing the item it modifies.

However, shards are known to be an area where the Character Builder isn't currently reliable.  
"The world does not work the way you have been taught it does. We are not real as such; we exist within The Story. Unfortunately for you, you have inherited a condition from your mother known as Primary Protagonist Syndrome, which means The Story is interested in you. It will find you, and if you are not ready for the narrative strands it will throw at you..." - from Footloose
IF

a) You have all your ducks in a row so that you should be able to make use of the shard

AND

THEN

However, shards are known to be an area where the Character Builder isn't currently reliable.  

yes but how does the CB 'handle it"? is there a way your suppose to epuip it? or is it just active by being on your person?

IF

AND

THEN

yes but how does the CB 'handle it"? is there a way your suppose to epuip it? or is it just active by being on your person?

From what I can tell, right now the CB doesn't "handle it", much like many other special rules.  You'll have to add the +1 damage to your implement powers with the shard augmented dagger manually until the unlikely even that they fix it.
The CB does shards.  (as of 2-3 months ago.)

Buy the dagger. 
Buy the shard.
Go to your inventory.
Click on the dagger.
Click "customize".
Attach the shard.

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

Wow, that's an amazingly obscure and not-well-publicized change.

Nice find.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

Buy the dagger. 
Buy the shard.
Go to your inventory.
Click on the dagger.
Click "customize".
Attach the shard.

I tried doing that (I assumed that was what the Augment field was for), but it wouldn't let me apply the shard to anything.  I tried adding additional weapons to the equipment list and the shard would not appear in the Augments list.

I guess I"ll have to try it again later.

Buy the dagger. 
Buy the shard.
Go to your inventory.
Click on the dagger.
Click "customize".
Attach the shard.

WOW! it DOES work! REALLY great find! Thanks a lot! All Questions Answered, thanks everybody!
Sign In to post comments