What color is a Paladin's Divine Challenge?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
A pretty weird idea, but how do you imagine the effect happening in game?

I forget if there is any official description, but I always saw them as pink... like.. the paladin has a halo of pink with speedlines radiating from her head and it just makes her foes whither. I read a lot of manga so I see it as 'damage dealing emotion-background effects'

How about you?
I imagine a final fantasy-esque mostly transparent gold shield appearing in front of his allies that makes them harder to see and does damage to the enemy if it hits them.
I never really saw it as visible at all, until/unless it's broken.  Then whatever color it is depends really on what the player wants.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
I assumed it would be something that the party could see (since they know that the mark exists) and that the monster would know of "I know I'm marked, so I'm going to attack the defender" so I always assumed it was something like a divine glow and just refluffed the color to whatever god,

Kord would be dark red
Ioun would be a pale blue
etc. etc..
The paladin's Divine Challenge is actually a shoulder-mounted turret that fires what I like to call God Lasers.

Creatures marked by the paladin take the -2 penalty to attacks because the turret is shining unfocused God Lasers in its face, making it harder to see anything except the source of the lasers. If the target violates the mark, he gets zapped.

Specific color depends on the deity. 
"Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it.” ~Mark Twain
The paladin's Divine Challenge is actually a shoulder-mounted turret that fires what I like to call God Lasers.

Creatures marked by the paladin take the -2 penalty to attacks because the turret is shining unfocused God Lasers in its face, making it harder to see anything except the source of the lasers. If the target violates the mark, he gets zapped.

+1

∴ "Virtus junxit, mors non separabit." 

/thread
Blueish light from his palms Tongue Out

[sblock]

Puce. Or maybe Chartreuse...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

To Me I never saw it as something that was Visible to anyone but maybe the paladin or other Divine casters or such

kinda like how Some Sorcerers may be able to see or feel magic around them or the Druids see or feel how nature works around them

Kinda based on that class or classes like it and only them.

A Druid can talk and understand the way of the land / tree but a Wizard would just sit there and go ... Oh Shes useing her Druid magic to commun with the Trees Besidees that it looks like shes just talking to a damn tree and losing it.      
I always imagined it as some cool white effects as in Dante's Inferno cross attacks...
Thinking about creating a race for 4e? Make things a lil' easier on yourself by reading my Race Mechanic Creation Guide first.
taupe
taupe

I hear taupe is very soothing.
Have we all considered the lovely crayon color: Tickle Me Pink?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

I see it as more a flannel based plaid color.
Sign In to post comments