Avacyn... is there a story about her?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm just wondering if Avacyn is part of a bigger story because the story of Innastrad sounds so cool wish it were a book. I love playing the game and collecting the cards also though.
Avacyn was/is an angel created by Sorin to watch over the plane of Innistrad. Supposedly, Sorin put a great deal of himself into creating her. I have my own speculations concerning that, but not many here agree with it being a possibility (and it is also still only speculation). She was meant to help the humans of Innistrad maintain an equilibrium with the vampires and werewolves (and other... things). Somehow or other, she was tricked or baited into entering the Helvault, a prison for meant for the worst threats to the plane's stability. A trip to the Helvault is meant to be a one-way deal; you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

k thx, was wondering.
Incedentally, they still do make novels of magic story lines. However I do believe it's like a book per block, and they usually come out sometime after the block is completed.

There also might be some comics or graphic novels available, I think.

- Cheers, - Dan R. (lv1 magic judge, Advanced organizer) http://butlerwpn.blogspot.com, my rather basic event blog.

If memory serves, the book for each block rolls out right around the time the 3rd set releases

Ex: Quest for Karn came out with New Phyrexia, but I hacen't seen anything on this sets book yet. (Odd)

Personally I like the planeswalker novels better, but they all help understand the continuity.
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Incedentally, they still do make novels of magic story lines. However I do believe it's like a book per block, and they usually come out sometime after the block is completed.

There also might be some comics or graphic novels available, I think.

There hasn't been a book announced for Innistrad, or any new planeswalker novel announced. It looks like the novel line is cancelled.
… and then, the squirrels came.
Between Wintermute's awful writing and non-existant editing, and the fact that huge swaths of the stuff mentioned in novels gets dropped from the canon, it's no wonder they would decide to concentrate on other stuff.

Check out my FREE Firefox addon: Send To Gatherer

It will send any text you highlight on any Web page to the Gatherer and open it in a popup over the current page, a new tab, or new window.

My favorite rule: 101.2

Sign In to post comments