Previous editions Poison effects in SAGA?

Has anyone had poison deal ability damage instead of using SAGA's methods of poison use?  The idea would be that the poison (diseases can work the same way) makes an attack against the target's FORT and if successful lowers an ability score so many points.

In general I like SAGA's use of the condition track for many things but I did like how poisons worked by lowering actual ability scores.  This offered a greater range of effects (-1d6 DEX is very different from losing -1d6 WIS) which just aren't handled that well by the condition track.  I know that SAGA uses the condition track to unify a lot of different states from the previous edition but having a lowered ability score isn't really an altered state.

I also liked how the old poison rules worked, except for the recovery time.  That was always a paint to deal with.  Maybe if was just a penalty for the encounter to the chosen ability.
Winner of the You Make the... Contest #9: Jedi Padawans Winner of the You Build the Character#33:  EU Bounty Hunters Winner of the You Build the Character #37:  The Empire Strikes Back Winner of the "Ultimate Dream Builds #1: The Underworld" I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
One of the points of using poison is that its effects could stick around a while.  Looking at the SAGA ones they stick around and "attack" until cured.  If they move you down the CT (and they all do) the condition in Persistent until cured or the attack misses; note that a missed attack may remove the Persistent Condition but it does NOT stop the next attack which could bring the Persistent Condition right back into effect.

I do need to brush up on my RCR/3.5 poison durations but the ability reductions should stick around a while unless cured using Treat Injury.  I guess the question would then become "how fast is ability damage recovered after the poison is treated?" 
Well, you could do the Treat Injury "beat DC 15 to recover 1 point and for each point by which you beat the DC you regain 1 more point."
Winner of the You Make the... Contest #9: Jedi Padawans Winner of the You Build the Character#33:  EU Bounty Hunters Winner of the You Build the Character #37:  The Empire Strikes Back Winner of the "Ultimate Dream Builds #1: The Underworld" I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.
Greetings!

I haven't used so much poisons but yes, I use some kind of mixture between old systems and the new one.

I like the Saga system (more o less) but sometimes I like a more "accurated" effecte. I use it for Poisons/Drugs.

Depending on the case I prefer to apply the X "damage stat" before the - X to CT. Always the effect that I want to get.

Take care!

Have you ever tried to smile?
57690938 wrote:
If I had to choose one word to describe you, it would be "unorthodox". Yea - that's pretty much it. Not an insult, of course. :D
Star Wars HEAVY MOD (M&M) Adaptation http://www.mediafire.com/?b2e9e176n9ck9ia
Sign In to post comments