[FTV:R From the Vault Realms]

296 posts / 0 new
Last post
www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.a...

Most planes of existence have their own wondrous places. But only Planeswalkers can travel to lands beyond their own and call on their mana from across the Æther. You have seen dozens of realms, and those of your kind have told you of dozens more. Your bonds to these lands are the root of your power.

Contents and Details

• 15 Premium foil cards, including 7 with new art.

• An exclusive spindown life counter

• A collector's guide.

• Each card has been printed using a foil process unique to the From the Vault series.

• The 15 legendary lands are all printed in the current card frame. For several, it is for the first time.

• From the Vault: Realms will be available world-wide in English only, and will have an extremely limited print run.

• All cards are black bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal. For some cards, it is their first time with a black border.

Please use the hashtag: #FTVRealms for discussing this product on Twitter!

Edit: The box set is not all legends. Fixed.
Edit: Hashtag added.
Edit: All of the cards have been black-bordered before.

Just so we don't have to keep bringing it up, the following lands are on the reserved list:
magiccards.info/query?q=t%3A%22Land%22+i...
I think it's safe to say this is a From the Vault: Lands box set, and that that art is for Thawing Glaciers.

Edit: What was I thinking, it's clearly Glacial Chasm.

Edit: Waitaminute... "The 15 legendary lands are all printed in the current card frame. For several, it is for the first time. "

That sure makes it sound like all legendary lands.

So much for Thawing Glaciers...

Edit edit: Confirmed via twitter, not all legendary:
twitter.com/#!/dailymtg/status/174722424...
FTV on lands? NICE!!
I think it's safe to say this is a From the Vault: Lands box set, and that that art is for Thawing Glaciers.

Edit: Waitaminute... "The 15 legendary lands are all printed in the current card frame. For several, it is for the first time. "

That sure makes it sound like all legendary lands.

So much for Thawing Glaciers...

No it is the glaciers because they updated twitter saying that it is phrased wrong and that they are updating it now.
For Ponies Click:
Good. I was worried for a second. If that wasn't Thawing Glaciers, the only other option was Dark Depths and the last thing the world needs is more of those floating around.
Nah, it could've been Glacial Chasm (which was actually my first guess when I saw the art).

Oh, and yay! FtV: Lands! 

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

It's fixed now. So what goodies do we expect?

For Ponies Click:
Nah, it could've been Glacial Chasm (which was actually my first guess when I saw the art).

Oh, and yay! FtV: Lands! 

True
For Ponies Click:
9 shocklands, 6 fetches. Oh, I guess there's thawing glacier.

9 shocklands, 5 fetches, thawing glacier. 
For Ponies Click:
For some cards, it is their first time with a black border

Okay, has there been any white-border only lands? Cause I can't find any. Sounds like we're getting R&D's Secret Lair or City of Ass in this. Or they just goofed.

Okay, has there been any white-border only lands? Cause I can't find any. Sounds like we're getting R&D's Secret Lair or City of Ass in this. Or they just goofed.

That part was probably just copy and pasted from FTV: Legends (like the legendary land thing that has now disappeared ).

That part was probably just copy and pasted from FTV: Legends (like the legendary land thing that has now disappeared ).

They have also updated this. They really didn't peer review this one before debuting it.
For Ponies Click:

Probably referring to P3K Legends but maybe Black-border-in-Modern-frame? City of Brass?
Aren't Karakas and Maze on the Reserve List?
so, being that thawing is on the reserved list, i agree that the pic is prolly Glacial Chasm...ether way, this is freakin AWESOME!!!

full reserved list: www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x... 

To me, there is no such thing as an evil personality trait or spiritual condition. There is only sin, concrete and deliberate action that is simply wrong. It is what happens when one goes against one's nature. It germinates in the shadow of risks untaken. It ripens in power exorcised. Beings like us can take risks no one else can, and exorcise power no one else has. We have the greatest capacity for sin, through action, or inaction.

57183108 wrote:
56783528 wrote:
Meh, not sure whether this is entirely accurate, at least for concept decks. Sometimes an unrefined idea cannot beat the top dogs at first, but with a few suggestions and heavy playtesting, they might get there. Islands' diamond in the rough lists are a good rebuttal to your statement.
Islands' decks are more gazing into the abyss of madness and madness staring back at you. With Manamorphose.
Ugh.

No Glaciers.

No Academy.

No Cradle.

=[[[ 
Slave of Tibalt. Currently trading for foils of my bro. PM me. Tarmogoyf on Twitter. Follow me. Team GFG Guns, Fame, Glory Those that require a sig for the ego simply haven't had enough kind words thrown his or her way. Currently looking for prerelease Plains! People who have mailed me rares:
Show
Malpheas: THANK YOU FOR THE FOIL TIBALT, YOU BEAUTIFUL GUY, YOU! Suudsu2200: Armageddon! Sèance, Dominating Licid, Words of War, Gaea's Anthem, Momentous Fall, Nyxathid PM me to make it happen. Your username will end up here, as the cards you sent me. I reserve the right to order your usernames by the cards I liked the best. Oh, and if you send me some Islands in the package, I'll sign them and mail them back.
Looks hot hot hot, very much going to want.
Show
Obligatory and Preliminary Smiley Reservoir: IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Wee.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Dancing%20AIM.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/rawr.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/ghgh.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/%5D%5D.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/luv.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/circle.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sly.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/turtle.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jade.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wilson.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/pcXQL.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blushing.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.png)
So the question is, what four lands will they put there to go with the Hook land and the beta duels?  :P
So the question is, what four lands will they put there to go with the Shake land and the beta duels?  :P

Isn't Hook next?
Are there any cool lands that are not on the reserved list AND not part of a cycle? I find it hard to belive we get fetchlands...

I have a feeling we will see Valakut and other random cards that are not really all that important. 

Magic Rafiq Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][multiplayer] [] Inferno Beatdown [EDH][multiplayer][1vs1][] Gwendlyn Combo/Control Deck [EDH][1vs1][] Merieke Casual Deck [EDH][multiplayer][] Roleplaying Magician class [D&D 3.5]

Are there any cool lands that are not on the reserved list AND not part of a cycle? I find it hard to belive we get fetchlands...

I have a feeling we will see Valakut and other random cards that are not really all that important. 

Lots. And even some from certain cycles would be fair game (like a Raging Ravine or Horizon Canopy).

Some examples: Wasteland, City of Brass, Maze of Ith, Mutavault, Mishra's Factory, Academy Ruins, Rishadan Port, Ancient Tomb, Kor Haven, Dust Bowl, Vesuva...

[<o>]
I think this is cool, but I never have a chance to get these
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c8316b3bd9938ec0266b27a0cd8d77e8.jpg?v=90000) Thanks to Blitzschnell for the banner IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks to gamma-mage for the banner. You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator. Come see the Expanded Multiverse Project
My guesses for FtV:Realms:

Glacial Chasm
Maze of Ith
Wasteland
Ancient Tomb
Cabal Coffers
Kor Haven
Arena
Kher Keep
Deserted Temple
Flagstones of Trokair
Vesuva
City of Brass
Horizon Canopy
Dust Bowl
+ new preview card from upcoming set

I really doubt we shall see any fetches/duals in this set nor Karakas due it being banned in EDH and not having really any use in any format...

The cards can be from a cycle, they just won't print the entire cycle.

For example, they might give us Hallowed Fountain but not any of the others.

I think Flagstones of Trokair and Ancient Tomb are both likely candidates for this set. Kjeldoran Outpost seems likely as well EDITL Or not, stupid reserve list. Maybe Inkmoth or Blinkmoth Nexus too.

How many of the FTV products are typically purchased for collection purposes, and how many are bought to get the cards within for tournament play?
Here was my original suggestion for FTV:Lands

Karakas
Maze of Ith
Dust Bowl
High Market
Rishadan Port
Tower of the Magistrate
Deserted Temple
Contested Cliffs
Riptide Laboratory
Blinkmoth Nexus
Miren, the Moaning Well
Scrying Sheets
Vesuva
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
The best land from the Fall 2012 set

With the caveat that I didn't think both Karakas and Rishadan Port would be in the set, as it would make it too valuable.

It appears one of the cards in the set is Glacial Chasm.

My new prediction:

Karakas (new art)
Maze of Ith (Judge Foil art)
Glacial Chasm (new art)
Ancient Tomb (new art)
Dust Bowl (new art)
High Market
Tower of the Magistrate
Deserted Temple
Riptide Laboratory
Blinkmoth Nexus
Miren, the Moaning Well
Scrying Sheets
Vesuva
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
The best land from the Fall 2012 set
So the question is, what four lands will they put there to go with the Shake land and the beta duels?  :P

Isn't Hook next?

Derp.
I'm going to suggest that the revealed card might be Mouth of Ronom, given the devilish face hiding in the snow (on the left).  Is it worthwhile enough to reprint?

EDIT:  What's the expansion symbol supposed to represent?  I can't quite figure it out. 
Based on the lamesauce that was From the Vault: Legends, the preview art for Realms is for Glacial Fortress.

I'd put money that between filters, shocks, core duels, pain lands, Scars lands, and those really really lame duels that don't untap the turn after they're used, that every allied and enemy colored pair will be represented.

Has anybody else noticed that the write up for Realms doesn't say it will include a preview card from Hook like Artifacts and Legends did?
Wise words on how to conceal a polymorphed dragon from detection. . .
57064968 wrote:
Through a tarp over it, with the words "DM Exposition & Fluff File."Because players ignore fluff & exposition all the time.
My guesses are Karakas, maze of ith, Mutavault, Rishadan Port, Thawing Glaciers, wasteland, Urbog Tomb of Yawgmoth... Just for starters.

As mentioned before, no Thawing Glaciers (it's on the Reserved List).
I would adore seeing Karakas reprinted (it would pretty much ensure this box selling like hotcakes), but I suspect its Banned status in EDH will see it not make it (that kept Emmy out of FtV:Legends, so unfortunately there's some history to that happening).
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)
Is that art possibly for Dark Depths?  I really hope it's not Glacial Chasm.  That card stank. 

Rishadan Port has to be here.  As does Maze of Ith.  It's likely we'll see Wasteland or Dust Bowl.  Perhaps all of the Future Sight cards?  I'd venture to say one card they print will be one from Future Sight as a cycle in the set after AVR.  So far, all we've see is the Graven Cairns cycle[/c].  Grove of the Burnwillows, Horizon Canopy, River of Tears, and Nimbus Maze were all decent (Ok, Grove wasn't until that modern deck...).  I'm specifically hoping for a horizon canopy cycle to come in soon. 
Apparently, Aaron Forsythe said the following on a recent GGslive cast:

"FTV: Legends wasn't our favourite product. Next Years from the vault is the stone nuts. It is very good. You heard it here first"
I really hope it's not Glacial Chasm.  That card stank.

And it sees play in legacy because...?

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

Yeah Glacial Chasm is all kind of good stuff.

But hey someone refresh my memory because I must be misrembering- what is the purpose of the reserved list, and exactly why are Karakas and Maze of Ith not on it?

How many of the FTV products are typically purchased for collection purposes, and how many are bought to get the cards within for tournament play?

I usually buy one for collection purposes that stays sealed, and sometimes a second for playing and trading. Except Legends. The cards in that, I didn't even buy a collector's one.

Also, just because its on the reserved list doesn't mean it won't be printed here. 

But hey someone refresh my memory because I must be misrembering- what is the purpose of the reserved list, and exactly why are Karakas and Maze of Ith not on it?

To keep collectors from crying. That's the only reason. They got their britches in bunches when they started doing white-border reprint sets, and then again with Phyrexia V Coalition duel deck. They ruin all my fun.

(at)MrEnglish22

I usually buy one for collection purposes that stays sealed, and sometimes a second for playing and trading. Except Legends. The cards in that, I didn't even buy a collector's one.

Also, just because its on the reserved list doesn't mean it won't be printed here.

I think they changed their policy after people complained about the Phyrexian Negator promo reprint - they've committed now that no tournament legal version of a Reserve List card will be printed.

I think they changed their policy after people complained about the Phyrexian Negator promo reprint - they've committed now that no tournament legal version of a Reserve List card will be printed.

www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x..." title="www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/article.aspx?x...">They did change it. Just scroll down to where it says premium cards.
56965458 wrote:
As long as it's random, I really can't see where's the problem. Anyway, there's already a few standard ways for doing this. We listed them in this thread. If someone does the bogey-bogey, eats the cards, waits until they come out, look out the approximate order, place replacements in the same order, calls the president to ask him to give him a string of numbers, puts the card in the given order, then pick the cards in the order given by taking the date of birth of his opponent, reversed, and taking only every other number, then a judge can clearly declare that he's random enough.
56874518 wrote:
The beauty of sarcasm is that when the person using it is totally incorrect, you can just remove the sarcasm and end up with a post that is actually correct.
Is that art possibly for Dark Depths?  I really hope it's not Glacial Chasm.  That card stank. 

Rishadan Port has to be here.  As does Maze of Ith.  It's likely we'll see Wasteland or Dust Bowl.  Perhaps all of the Future Sight cards?  I'd venture to say one card they print will be one from Future Sight as a cycle in the set after AVR.  So far, all we've see is the Graven Cairns cycle[/c].  Grove of the Burnwillows, Horizon Canopy, River of Tears, and Nimbus Maze were all decent (Ok, Grove wasn't until that modern deck...).  I'm specifically hoping for a horizon canopy cycle to come in soon. 

Grove of the Burnwillows was in a decent pre-Naya Standard deck with Fiery Justice and Kavu Predator.

To keep collectors from crying. That's the only reason. They got their britches in bunches when they started doing white-border reprint sets, and then again with Phyrexia V Coalition duel deck. They ruin all my fun.

Yeah but that makes zero sense. How can reprinting Rainbow Vale upset collectors but reprinting Maze of Ith wouldn't? The Maze is infinitely better than the Vale. I mean, River Delta is "hands off the delta, pal!" but Karakas is "oh sure clovers and bees who cares"

It makes no sense. How is this even possible? Clearly the reason for the reserved list can't have anything to do with whether or not collectors care or the list wouldn't include Sorrow's Path and exclude the Maze.

Yeah but that makes zero sense. How can reprinting Rainbow Vale upset collectors but reprinting Maze of Ith wouldn't? The Maze is infinitely better than the Vale. I mean, River Delta is "hands off the delta, pal!" but Karakas is "oh sure clovers and bees who cares"

It makes no sense. How is this even possible? Clearly the reason for the reserved list can't have anything to do with whether or not collectors care or the list wouldn't include Sorrow's Path and exclude the Maze.

It was a blanket thing - they said "We will not reprint any of the rares from these blocks so collectors don't lose value to it".
Why are people even taking about Karakas this much?  It's banned in the only format it would be relavent in (EDH), unless it's an Eternal staple and I wasn't aware.  Also, I'd like to take this time to voice my extreme dislike of the reserve list.  Most of that lands I would want aren't even eligible for reprint (Gaea's Cradle!).

I am cautiously optimistic, though.  FtV: Legends was such a confusing, messy letdown that WotC has to prove that these things are still worth buying at the inflated rates that shops will charge.     

University of Charleston School of Pharmacy, Class of 2016

My Peasant Cube: A Cube for the Commoners