Baldur's GAte .com

19 posts / 0 new
Last post

baldursgate.com/

its been redone recently.... what does it mean 
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Interesting... hopefully they'll rerelease it so that its compatible with modern computers, but I'm not gonna hold my breath over it just yet.

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde

page contains a count down timmer
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
Less than 10 hours to go... what it means? Any ideas?
the site goes live would be my first guess
Makes for some interesting sounding music coming from my work computer. ;)
gathered from candlekeep its the enhanced version of BG series.
www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/15/anno...

yep enhanced edition.

puts money down to save....   
Epic Want...

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde

If its for iOS, then I would question the grandeur of this thing. I hope its a revamp for X-Box or something.

What I find thoroughly amusing is that WoC is promoting a product that delves back into the days of ole.
Well, still haven't properly edited my photos yet, so this is what we get. People!! The current status of these boards: POP ON!
I'm annoyed that this seems to be a mac exclusive.

I'm not buying a mac product. They're overpriced crap.

Make this for real devices, please.
Skeptical_Clown wrote:
More sex and gender equality and racial equality shouldn't even be an argument--it should simply be an assumption for any RPG that wants to stay relevant in the 21st century.
104340961 wrote:
Pine trees didn't unanimously decide one day that leaves were gauche.
http://community.wizards.com/doctorbadwolf/blog/2012/01/10/how_we_can_help_make_dndnext_awesome
Ugh... could scarcely agree more DBW.  I rate apple products just a bare step above malware, personally.  Never had anything but problems with them.

- Oscar Wilde

I rate Apple devices slightly above malware, not least because I own a mobile device manufactured by them (which I haven't had any problems with yet, but as usual, ymmv)... However...

... if this does turn out to be an OSX only release then I am going to be bitterly disappointed and, quite possibly, apoplectic with fury. I have PCs that run Windows, various PCs and lappys and various versions of Windows... BG in OSX only is no good to me whatsoever.

I do have trouble believing that they would intentionally cut out a significant market share by making it OSX only though, I really do... or maybe I just hope I do.

My approach to the NPCs of previous editions.

Show
I always saw the High Level NPCs as shepherds of the Realms not its defenders. Making sure that not too many sheep were lost as they milled around (as they are wont to do) and bringing on the young'uns into the job. In that way a shepherd never has time to go and hunt down all of the wolves but is pretty dashed effective at keeping them away from the sheep when they rear their heads.
"It was a puzzle why things were always dragged kicking and screaming. No one ever seemed to want to, for example, lead them gently by the hand." - Terry Pratchett
I'm betting there are at least as many people who'd like a revamped BG on their PC as those who'd like a tablet version, not to mention the non apple tablet users, so I doubt they'll stick to an OSX only model.
Skeptical_Clown wrote:
More sex and gender equality and racial equality shouldn't even be an argument--it should simply be an assumption for any RPG that wants to stay relevant in the 21st century.
104340961 wrote:
Pine trees didn't unanimously decide one day that leaves were gauche.
http://community.wizards.com/doctorbadwolf/blog/2012/01/10/how_we_can_help_make_dndnext_awesome
I'm annoyed that this seems to be a mac exclusive.

Wait. What?
- checks website -
"For MAC OS X"?
That's gotta be an April fools joke...
- checks date -
Now I don't know what to think.

baldursgate.com/index.en.html

Sept. and the Lord of Murder Shall FAll

multi platform incuding pc.

new characters, new side quests, new new new....

Interesting... hopefully they'll rerelease it so that its compatible with modern computers, but I'm not gonna hold my breath over it just yet.

I know the post I'm responding to is old, but if you want the original BG games updated for modern computers, look no further than here:

www.amazon.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Classic-...

the new enhanced version looks cool, though
multi platform incuding pc.

Thanks for catching this one, sfdragon. I was pretty sure that they would go multi, but it is a relief to see it actually happen!

I am really looking forward to this now, I just hope that the new characterizations are a good fit with the existing atmosphere. We shall see.

My approach to the NPCs of previous editions.

Show
I always saw the High Level NPCs as shepherds of the Realms not its defenders. Making sure that not too many sheep were lost as they milled around (as they are wont to do) and bringing on the young'uns into the job. In that way a shepherd never has time to go and hunt down all of the wolves but is pretty dashed effective at keeping them away from the sheep when they rear their heads.
"It was a puzzle why things were always dragged kicking and screaming. No one ever seemed to want to, for example, lead them gently by the hand." - Terry Pratchett
Sign In to post comments