Dungeon 199 - Map Gallery

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon 199
Map Gallery

Here now are a full set of maps from Dungeon 199.

Talk about this gallery here.

I realize that every issue has the map gallary, but are these ever available full size (to print) to actually use while playing?
I am going to agree with WISESinger here. I liked the adventure modules and liked the maps, so when I actually downloaded the maps separate from the adventure I expected to have full size maps that included map versions without the DM specific data on them. I did not expect to just get the same size/quality maps as in the adventure module.

I know I can expand the size of the maps, but they are of such a low-res quality that the quality of the artwork degrades when they get expanded near enough to a playable size. Am I missing something here? Are the higher resolution maps kept at a different location? Are the higher resolution maps provided at a later date? This can't be it can it?

I always I assume I am the one that missed the clue somewhere along the way, but I haven't been able to find the hi-res maps anywhere.
Where are the unmarked versions?
Having complained previously I decided to look at the earlier downloadable versions of the Giants series of maps. The first two (Dungeon 197 and 198) feature both marked and unmarked versions of the maps, but they are all 120 DPI. When the maps (jpeg files) get "stretched out" to the one inch square = five feet dimension the artwork quality degrades severely. A higher quality map (300 DPI?) would alleviate this, as would the release of an already "full size" map.

Dungeon 199 has only marked versions of the maps currently, also at 120 DPI. Dungeon 200 will publish the 4th portion of the adventure and its maps later this month.

The series of Giants' adventures look fun and the maps as provided are beautiful and extremely well done, but unless the maps are upgraded in some fashion then I can't imagine this getting wide play.

The series of Giants' adventures look fun and the maps as provided are beautiful and extremely well done, but unless the maps are upgraded in some fashion then I can't imagine this getting wide play.

Yeah, this is a big problem. Chris Perkins clearly put a lot of work into these adventures but as it stands now, the lack of a high res map will turn off a lot of DM's. I'm sure Mr. Perkins would like to see his adventures get played as opposed to just ending up as a fun read. WotC really needs to do something about this. If anyone knows someone who can send this request up the line, please do so.
So thats why the earlier 2 maps fit perfectly in Maptools' grids, but this frost giant one doesn't.
Where are the unmarked versions?

Wotc, can you please post the versions without the DM markings? Those were so handy for the last two adventures. 
Sign In to post comments