2/28/2012 Wizards Asks

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Wizards Asks, which goes live Tuesday morning on magicthegathering.com.
This probably isn't going to be an incredibly common first pick for most people, but, barring the presence of some incredibly bomby rare or a must-grab money card, I will pretty much always first pick Markov Warlord. He's definitely a wind-mill slam that leaves opponents wondering "How did I just lose that game?" The more I get, the happier I am.
Artful Dodge all day long. I have won so many games do to this card.
The avaliable one between Lingering souls and Drogskol Captain . Fires of undeath is also very very good...
I would pick Undying Evil over just about anything. It's useful for so many situation and really messes with Wrath effects. Think you wiped out my big hitter? Nope! It makes me happy on a many levels.
Artful Dodge all day long. I have won so many games do to this card.

With the exception of a bomby rare, this is my pick as well. Artful Dodge can really turn the tables on your opponent. And its only one mana each time! 

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green).

He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one."

I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago." ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************MaRo: During a playtest, I played a Reaper from the Abyss. I attacked each turn, while my opponent would chump block (he had a lot of fliers), and then I killed a second creature. This happened until he had only one creature left. I attack, he blocked, and then the following dialogue occurred:

Him: Kill your demon. Me: What? Him: My guy died so you have to kill a creature.

Me: Yeah, but why would a demon kill himself?

Him: I don't know. He's depressed there's no one left to kill.

Me: That doesn't make any sense. Him: I don't care. It's what the card says. I then take out my pen, and wrote "non-Demon" on it.

Him: You can't do that.

Me: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

Besides the obvious good rare, any of the captains or like Faithless looting. Maybe gather the townsfolk too
Sign In to post comments